PDA

View Full Version : Preki and Mo... How will they really get along this season?

bgnewf
03-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Preki and Mo... How will they really get along this season?

http://www.tfcpics.com/blog/2010/03/preki-mo-how-will-they-really-get-along/

Comments welcome.

__wowza
03-26-2010, 02:01 PM
interesting read. there's something that can be said about a coach who knows what he wants and how hard he works to get it. it just sucks that i makes the build in previous years go to absolute waste.

i don't like the fact that gerba was mentioned, becase.. well.. let's face it, gerba did come in to a lot of fan fare, but failed to live up to expectations almost immediately. his status has somehow gone down ever since and everyone (mo included) is probably regretting the decision to bring him in.

P-NUTZ
03-26-2010, 02:26 PM
mo has always had a strange way of speaking like he is running the show when it comes to player discovery, discussion and selelction. His drafting has been ok at times, and he had those south american teams in for friendlies to help scout players. Gerba and other moves are his wether he admits fault or not. But then he would say stuff like carver talks to me about players, but they make the call its thier team and I'm in the office kind of hands off. Or leaving cummins a whole season to let things deteriorate on and off the field. Now either mo/ and or preki seem to be undoing as many mo mistakes as possible. Is that preki? or is alot of that mo, backdoor through preki to try and 'right' his years of behind the scenes 'wrongs'. They call him Judas in scotland.

__wowza
03-26-2010, 02:30 PM
either way, disillusionment aside, mo should just step back and let preki do his thing. he seems to have something this club hasn't had in a long time.. a concrete plan (that isn't 3 - 5 years) and to further that, he's trimming the fat where he feels it's needed.

i'm sure there's a lot that's not being said here. i don't know a coach alive that would be comfortable with a 15 player squad, but judging by preki's past (and mo's) a lot of the blame seems to be on mo for that one.

reggie
03-26-2010, 02:35 PM
if we start off 0 and 3 ...it may get real ugly fast.

Darlofletch
03-26-2010, 03:01 PM
I wonder if Mo knew just how much preki was going to gut his team when he hired him? presumably they talked and preki laid out what he was looking for, but was the massive blowing up of mo's team really his plan all along?

__wowza
03-26-2010, 03:09 PM
see, that's the argument i make. mo looks like an asshole because after all of this talk of his 5 year plan, someone comes in and takes dramatic action within the course of what.. 4 months? look at the lineup that preki was working with in 2007 combined with the players that've been let go in his tenure, the man has a plan. whether or not it'll be successful remains to be seen, but something tells me that mo needs to back off and worry about helping preki achieve his vision instead of trying to hinder.

come to think about it, because it's going to come up eventually, i think i'll make an ongoing preki performance thread.

azzuri4stars
03-26-2010, 03:41 PM
How can anyone get along with Mo.

i think his luck/job security is about to run out.

Preki was a good pickup as a coach- fianlly someone who knows the league. actually he knwos way more than Mo and Preki will be the one who eventually moves upstairs and takes over Mo's job.