PDA

View Full Version : so i've been away for a couple of months..

__wowza
03-26-2010, 11:05 AM
what'd i miss?

Suds
03-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Leafs missed the playoffs ... again.

Nuvinho
03-26-2010, 11:09 AM
we are still crap!!!

billyfly
03-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Where were you? In a tree (inside joke).

ensco
03-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Danny Dichio appears to be our new CB.

__wowza
03-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Where were you? In a tree (inside joke).

hahahaa, not this week. i've just stayed off of the forums during the post season. i had a feeling that whatever i saw would just fill me with an uncontrollable rage.

__wowza
03-26-2010, 11:31 AM
that was a legit question by the way. anyone? in under 50 words would be appreciated.

TFC Tifoso
03-26-2010, 11:36 AM
ok....Guevara, gone......Serioux, gone....Robbo, gone.....Gerba, gone.....Wynne, traded to COL for Nick LaBrocca....a few trialists came in, only one (to my knowledge, could be wrong) will be signed (Martin Saric)...TFC has an undermanned roster now, and salary cap issues....thanks Mo!....MoJo's reputation getting worse by the day....

all of the "gone" players have been released under shady circumstances....whole story not being told or FO's story drastically different from players....

Preki already getting on TO's media and fans for being too tough....all in all it has been a disaster of an offseason to many...

that's the short version....

__wowza
03-26-2010, 11:49 AM
so we've scrapped what good we had of our already shoddy defense, which means we're starting garcia and gomez. we've not corrected the CB problem. we've added to our already strong mid. we haven't brought in a suitable forward annnnnnnnnd we're still going to be relying on DeRo to score goals?

:facepalm: i'd hate to hear the long version..

jabbronies
03-26-2010, 11:49 AM
ok....Guevara, gone......Serioux, gone....Robbo, gone.....Gerba, gone.....Wynne, traded to COL for Nick LaBrocca....a few trialists came in, only one (to my knowledge, could be wrong) will be signed (Martin Saric)...TFC has an undermanned roster now, and salary cap issues....thanks Mo!....MoJo's reputation getting worse by the day....

all of the "gone" players have been released under shady circumstances....whole story not being told or FO's story drastically different from players....

Preki already getting on TO's media and fans for being too tough....all in all it has been a disaster of an offseason to many...

that's the short version....

To add to this:

- New TFC white jersey will be the road colours
- Last article I read the MLS cup hosting city was down to a few teams including Toronto
- TFC broadcast schedule released.
- New MLS website launch - TFC.ca will will look similar.

Daveisonfire
03-26-2010, 11:58 AM
New CBA signed...cap went up, guaranteed contracts for the majority of players, minimum salary upped to 40k

There will be a re-entry draft for released players..teams won't retain rights after cancelling contracts

TFC Tifoso
03-26-2010, 12:03 PM
so we've scrapped what good we had of our already shoddy defense, which means we're starting garcia and gomez. we've not corrected the CB problem. we've added to our already strong mid. we haven't brought in a suitable forward annnnnnnnnd we're still going to be relying on DeRo to score goals?

:facepalm: i'd hate to hear the long version..

well we did add another CB as well (Ty Harden), but it seems to be a sideways move....no better or worse than what we already had...

notable to mention that Egyptian international Ibrahim Said was here on trial, but his deal fell through....you can read the Ibrahim Said thread to get the low down on that, but it basically came down to Said still owing 50k on a previous fine from an old Egyptian club team he played with that had to be paid off before he could sign with another team....he wanted TFC to pay it....they said no... deal fell apart. And depending on who you talk to, Said was either offered a 300k contract (from Said's camp) or he was never offered one at all (FO's story), thus rendering the 50k story a non issue.....confused yet? :D

yes, more midfielders have been brought in, so TFC is one step closer to playing 0-10-0 total football.....

and I think TFC now owns the entire 3rd round of the MLS draft next year.....

sulfur
03-26-2010, 12:23 PM
- Last article I read the MLS cup hosting city was down to a few teams including Toronto.
NY and Toronto apparently.

Add to this list... Edwards released.

Phil
03-26-2010, 12:26 PM
actaully, Edwards released.

I stand corrected.

sulfur
03-26-2010, 12:27 PM
According to Molinaro's twitter (https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/11100136261):

Just spoke to Brian Edwards. he confirmed he's been let go by the club and that Conway will backup Frei in Columbus. more to follow

Ricky_Portugal
03-26-2010, 12:27 PM
our only decent back up goalie has been realessed
wow

MartinUtd
03-26-2010, 12:30 PM
who? sutton?

sulfur
03-26-2010, 12:31 PM
who? sutton?
That was August. Edwards confirmed to a reporter at about 1:15pm today that he'd been released.

Story: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2010/03/26/sp-edwards.html

Shway
03-26-2010, 12:36 PM
in preki im scarred

Mark in Ottawa
03-26-2010, 12:49 PM
North Stand is up and tickets are being sold as single game events.
The grass is in and TFC has been awarded the MLS cup game for November 2010.

sulfur
03-26-2010, 01:00 PM
TFC has been awarded the MLS cup game for November 2010.
Has that been confirmed? I've not seen it announced anywhere.

Oldtimer
03-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Most of us have decided that Mo must go.

Oldtimer
03-26-2010, 01:01 PM
Has that been confirmed? I've not seen it announced anywhere.

Globe published an article, but it was premature and shot down by garber.

dow117
03-26-2010, 01:04 PM
what'd i miss?

Nothing really !!

__wowza
03-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Most of us have decided that Mo must go.

as your name dictates.

i think it was a safe bet, my comment about being with rage, now instead of it being spread evenly through the post-season its just taken up my workday. i will now gladly redistribute to potential customers.

Dbl_D
03-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Nothing really !!

didn't they stop beers from being taken to your seat ;)

MartinUtd
03-26-2010, 01:20 PM
That was August. Edwards confirmed to a reporter at about 1:15pm today that he'd been released.

Story: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2010/03/26/sp-edwards.html

haha, yeah I was just trying to be sarcastic.

If we have Conway then I really have no problem with Edwards walking.. he'll even the pool keepers can go toe to toe with Edwards so I'm really not seeing what the big deal is.

azzuri4stars
03-26-2010, 03:38 PM
what'd i miss?

we lost the following players:

Robinson, Guevera and Gerba who were all crap so it's no big deal.

We also lost:
Vitti, Serioux and now Wynne. There will be holes in our lineup because of these guys.

we haven't picked up any players- quality striker or solid defender

We still don't have a manager. Yes I know Mo is the Manager but he is a poor excuse of a manager. I just can't figure out how he still has his job. I mean we are entering our 4th year. The teams record has been poor in the first 3 years. On paper this years team looks worse than last years. He must have pictures of the Senior brass of MLSE because there is no other way to explain why he still is employed. :facepalm:

Other than that everything is fine. I mean at least we got grass.

rocker
03-26-2010, 03:40 PM
what'd i miss?

We haven't played a league game yet but I keep getting told the season is already over.

werewolf
03-26-2010, 03:41 PM
don't forget Carver didn't start Guevara when we drew Kansas City, 0-0, and it already cost us this whole season.

prizby
03-26-2010, 03:43 PM
nick garcia...still not gone?