PDA

View Full Version : Today’s News, Wednesday , Jun.18

denime
06-18-2008, 06:01 AM
Impact beat Whitecaps in Canadian Championship

The Canadian Press

MONTREAL — First-half strikes from Severino Jefferson and Joey Gjertson were the difference, but it wasn't an easy 2-0 win for the Montreal Impact over the tenacious Vancouver Whitecaps.
The Impact got their first win of the Nutrilite Canadian Championship on Tuesday night by taking the lead and holding on in a wild second half in which the Whitecaps did everything but score.
"It was a great team performance," said Montreal goalkeeper Matt Jordan. "We fought to the last minute and that will be key for us moving forward.
"We have a lot of respect for Vancouver. They have some dynamic, dangerous players, but we played well as a team."
The Impact, 1-0 losers at home to Toronto FC on May 27, are 1-1 in the series that serves as qualifying for the CONCACAF Champions League competition later this year.

Read more (http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080617.wspt-whitecaps0617/GSStory/GlobeSportsSoccer/home)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/SUNshineGirl/home.html) :)

DOMIN8R
06-18-2008, 06:06 AM
Excellent.

Batman
06-18-2008, 07:42 AM
Denime,
I always appreciate your smileys etc. after the Sunshine girl.
As we know, time is money, and the smiley potentially is a huge timesaver. :D

Martin Groove
06-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Denime,
I always appreciate your smileys etc. after the Sunshine girl.
As we know, time is money, and the smiley potentially is a huge timesaver. :D

and how much did the sun pay her to appear, it is unlike the quality and talent they usually show, as for the montreal result, great for us in the group, mixes up the group behind us completely

yanggoh
06-18-2008, 09:40 AM
man, the sunshine girl today is smokin'...the difference between that girl they had yesterday to today's would be like us upgrading cunny to ronaldo

Technorgasm
06-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Where's CARTS with LIMP ACT logo?
come on , I know your out there !!

so BC Van went down to MTL. . does that make them More dangerous when we face them? or LESS dangerous. . they will be hungry for a win. . and lest face it. . we did not entirely out-class MTL. .

My confidence will not be shaken though. I know we will go through. .a full / healthy squad bolstered by another stunning defensive performance by our back line will all that will be needed to see TFC in our FIRST EVER truly International Competition.

wow.

Mojo
06-18-2008, 10:33 AM
i know that girl! went to my high school.

scooter
06-18-2008, 11:35 AM
denime great job as usual
sunshining today
come on whitecaps the reds are waiting

Cambridge_Red
06-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Two great results