PDA

View Full Version : Wynne Traded?

Pages : [1] 2

Brewer-NL
03-25-2010, 09:44 AM
sportsnetsoccer (http://twitter.com/sportsnetsoccer)

Marvell Wynne traded by TFC? Stay tuned.

Boondaddy
03-25-2010, 09:45 AM
jesus....this must be what JMO was referring to yesterday....

tovan
03-25-2010, 09:47 AM
hope we get some decent quality in return and not some bs draft picks....

Yohan
03-25-2010, 09:48 AM
so, we're getting another 3rd round pick for this trade? awesome!

reggie
03-25-2010, 09:50 AM
probs for a draft pick...so that we can sign sarnc and cann

bgnewf
03-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Anything less than a player (preferably a quality centre back) that can immediately step into our starting XI is an epic fail to me.

Yohan
03-25-2010, 09:52 AM
Anything less than a player (preferably a quality centre back) that can immediately step into our starting XI is an epic fail to me.
maybe some GMs in MLS still have delusions about just how much worth Wynne has. pray to god that this is true, lol.

because we all know just how much Wynne can be worth, and if Preki is williing to give up on him...

Stouffville_RPB
03-25-2010, 09:52 AM
Wynne didn't feature much and we all knew he wasn't in Preki's plans so I'm not all that suprised.

I would think that Wynne would be traded for allocation money if the reports of Saric and Cann wanting more than TFC thought they would are true. With out depleted roster and Wynne's declining stock I think that a good sum of allocation money is the best thing TFC can ask for.

woolly
03-25-2010, 09:53 AM
So how many able bodies players do we have for Saturday now?

JDG
03-25-2010, 09:53 AM
This is clearly a move to open an International slot and to open up some room under the cap.
I really hope the guy Mo is doing this for is worth it, and it's not just Preki saying Wynne isn't part of his plan going forward.

pedro
03-25-2010, 09:54 AM
I keep hearing this "he didn't feature in Preki's plans". um, do his plans feature ANY players? he does realize we need at least 11 to field on saturday, right?

sarsippius
03-25-2010, 09:54 AM
^^

I count 17, provided we don't sign anyone or swap for another player that can actually play this year.

We are going to own the 2nd and 3rd rounds next year. Is that a good thing?

zamperina
03-25-2010, 09:56 AM
from U-Sector poster

Marvell is gone, traded to colorado for Labrocca. Edwards has been cut for salary

reggie
03-25-2010, 09:57 AM
draft smaft...

Bluenose13
Wynne was in DC as TFC's player rep during the Charleston tournamnent, that's why he wasn't on the field.

Nodoubtguy
from U-Sector poster

Marvell is gone, traded to colorado for Labrocca. Edwards has been cut for salary

isn't Labrocca a Mid??

DangerRed
03-25-2010, 09:58 AM
This is great news if true. Wynne has good value and worth on paper even though he's been less than useful for us on the pitch. He's got raw speed, but nothing else.

Since players are an asset that depreciates over time, the sooner we get rid of someone like this, the better.

Thanks for the contributions, Marvel!

flatpicker
^^

I count 17, provided we don't sign anyone or swap for another player that can actually play this year.

We are going to own the 2nd and 3rd rounds next year. Is that a good thing?

Relying on the draft is risky.
It would seem that any players really worth having are usually gone in the first round.
We don't have a deep drafting system like other North American leagues.
Not saying picks aren't good, but they are a big gamble.

Yohan
from U-Sector poster

nick labrocca? jesus christ. another useless Crapids reject.

drewski
03-25-2010, 09:59 AM
This is clearly a move to open an International slot and to open up some room under the cap.
I really hope the guy Mo is doing this for is worth it, and it's not just Preki saying Wynne isn't part of his plan going forward.

agreed. but with all the recent releases, I'm guessing the former

Yohan
Relying on the draft is risky.
It would seem that any players really worth having are usually gone in the first round.
We don't have a deep drafting system like other North American leagues.
Not saying picks aren't good, but they are a big gamble.
it is risky, but that's where proper scouting comes in.

i'm surprised just how many 3 and 4th rounders end up being decent, sometimes good MLS players

spezz44
from U-Sector poster

Edwards for nothing wtf?????

arbogast
03-25-2010, 10:01 AM

LOL! Just what i was thinking. We keep pilfering players from a team that hasnt made the playoff since '06. Sheesh. if Preki really liked their players he should have applied for the coaching job there when it was available.

mastermixer
03-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Edwards cut? Who's the backup now? Why can't anything ever make sense with this team????

Stouffville_RPB
03-25-2010, 10:03 AM
isn't Labrocca a Mid??

Yes. He's played with the US U-20 and U-23's and has received a USMNT call up according to his wiki.

flatpicker
03-25-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm not gonna slam any of Preki's decisions right now.
He's way more qualified for his job than I am.
I have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

SmokedPanda
03-25-2010, 10:04 AM
As i recall from last season most people we're not happy with Marvell's play last year. Even when he wasn't away on international duty and this year being the WC I think he'll be more occupied with the US team again.

drewski
from U-Sector poster

edwards cut. :facepalm: who needs depth anyway?

kodiakTFC
probs for a draft pick...so that we can sign sarnc and cann

This is my guess.

JonO
03-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Hard to tell. Based on some of my quick (admittedly limited) research, people were pretty high on the LaBrocca/Peterson duo. They are both fairly young, so who knows...

denime
03-25-2010, 10:06 AM
from U-Sector poster

This is more disturbing than Wynn being traded.Is it possible that we couldn't get anything for Edwards?

I'm assuming TFC will sign Kocic for peanuts salary,just watch.

reggie
03-25-2010, 10:07 AM
labrocca is not that bad,young kid with some skill(cheap)
saying that i hope we got some alo coming back also

Detroit_TFC
If Edwards was cut, we are going to be in real trouble. Just a feeling I have.

Edit:
Right after posting this Wileman tweets that ex-Chivas GK John Conway is training in Oakville with the team.

Stouffville_RPB
How much was Edwards salary? Not much if I recall. That was the whole reason he was more "valuable" than Sutts.

Whoop
03-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Umm... who is backup keeper?

Yohan
03-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Hard to tell. Based on some of my quick (admittedly limited) research, people were pretty high on the LaBrocca/Peterson duo. They are both fairly young, so who knows...
yeah my annoyance with Mo is getting better with me

LaBrocca has taken a while, but is developing into an ok utility mid. don't expect a world beater from this trade lol

mastermixer
03-25-2010, 10:09 AM
From his bio on the Rapids site: http://www.coloradorapids.com/team/PlayerBio.aspx?PID=97

Bio:
Nick LaBrocca has played in more games and in more minutes than any other Rapids player since 2008. His contributions and consistency on the field have made him the most versatile player on the roster. In 2009, LaBrocca started at all four midfield positions as well as playing a substitute role at left back.

reggie
03-25-2010, 10:10 AM
ok...so nana is our right back now.
WHO ARE THE OTHER 3 DEFENDERS....O M G

flatpicker
03-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Losing Wynne isn't terrible.
I admit he was fun to watch.
All those long runs up the side, weaving through traffic... then losing the ball, or crossing to nobody.
He was good at running back to catch an opposing forward when caught out of position.
But other defenders would perhaps stay in position and not need to run back to stop the attack.

drewski
03-25-2010, 10:12 AM
This is more disturbing than Wynn being traded.Is it possible that we couldn't get anything for Edwards?

I'm assuming TFC will sign Kocic for peanuts salary,just watch.

i sure fucking hope so.. thats the only way I can see this coming out good.

GBV
Edwards cut? Who's the backup now? Why can't anything ever make sense with this team????

just dollars . . .

Stouffville_RPB

Harden, Garcia, Brennan and Gomez

Cas87

Garcia, Brennan and the long lost third pilon brother

canadian_bhoy
Mo is in desparation crisis mode.

He's traded away the only player left on our club (outside of Dero and JDG) with any tradable value. I will agree that Wynne's stock has dropped since he first came to Toronto, but this doesn't smell of a savy trade. It's the last move of a chess piece to protect the king.

As far as Edwards goes. That's a shame. On one hand, you can't be spending decent cash on a backup keeper. At the same time, if Frei leaves for Europe, we're F'd.

These moves (on first look) get 3/10 from me.

CretanBull
Umm... who is backup keeper?

That's my question...I think that it would be hard to find someone as good as Edwards, for less than what Edwards makes. I guess there's no worries of Frei going to Europe any time soon...

TFC Cityboy
makes sense to move Marvell. Thanks, Marvell - always a class act.

Now, there had better be a domino effect in terms of incoming players including a back up keeper, CB and a striker.

Sorry...forgot which club I was talking about there...2 more draft picks and allocation money no doubt

drewski
03-25-2010, 10:13 AM
sportsnetsoccer (http://twitter.com/sportsnetsoccer)
Looks like MD Nick Labrocca comes to Toronto for Wynne. More movement to come.

looks like the u-sec poster was right

Daveisonfire
03-25-2010, 10:14 AM
from U-Sector poster

:( say it ain't so

Shaughno
I bet one of those trial keepers is coming in. Not unhappy to see Wynne go, he was ok, but wasn't improving enough IMO. Not the best trade, but this could be some Preki magic in the making...

drewski
Rollins on edwards

It's also being suggested that Brian Edwards has been cut to make salary room (and will probably become a pool keeper assigned to Toronto before the end of the day. Oh, those wacky MLS salary shifts!).

reggie
maybe adam street...that would open up another import spot...
thats way to easy...

DangerRed
03-25-2010, 10:15 AM
This is amazing. Two days before Game 1, and they're still chopping the roster. Here's hoping (but doubting) that no mistakes get made given the haste.

Stouffville_RPB
03-25-2010, 10:16 AM
All those long runs up the side, weaving through traffic... then losing the ball, or crossing to nobody.
He was good at running back to catch an opposing forward when caught out of position.
But other defenders would perhaps stay in position and not need to run back to stop the attack.

100% correct. He's a great athlete but not much of a footballer. He never really improved his defensive positioning or crossing in the 3 years he was here.

As a coach you see someone like him and just get googly eyes thinking of all the possibilities. Though those dreams never come to fruition.

Boondaddy
03-25-2010, 10:16 AM
LukeWileman (http://twitter.com/LukeWileman)

Goalkeeper John Conway training with @torontofc (http://twitter.com/torontofc) in Oakville today. Was released by Chivas earlier this week. </SPAN>

reggie
03-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Harden, Garcia, Brennan and Gomez
i will say it again....O M G

drewski
03-25-2010, 10:17 AM
ok, so this doesn't seem so bad afterall.

Wynne for Labrocca is reasonable and it seems we have some decent backups lined up to replace Edwards.

canadian_bhoy
03-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Could Mo be making cap room for a big signing?

http://www.voyeursonly.net/attachs/5277/mas%20laurent%20robert.jpg

Kaz
Just curious, are there actually 11 healthy players to start on Saturday? no barrett, no Jacobson, no gomez I think. with this trade that still leaves us with what 14 health players?

Gixmo
Wynne isn't shocking

Edwards is somewhat, Quality goalkeeper to say the least. It's a tough spot to be in, both Stefan and Brian have great futures ahead of them. Who's the back up now though (NVM, Conway...Hmm, I can deal withat)

This has to be what Molinaro hinted at...

Best Wishes Marvell / Brian, Thanks for your contributions!!!

Stouffville_RPB
03-25-2010, 10:19 AM
This is amazing. Two days before Game 1, and they're still chopping the roster. Here's hoping (but doubting) that no mistakes get made given the haste.

TFC isn't the only club making roster moves.

tfcmanu
03-25-2010, 10:20 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_LaBrocca

Beach_Red

In this league the first 5-10 games can be considered pre-season, too. We don't expect to finish first, we just need to make the playoffs.

It'll all come down to the last game or two of the season again.

drewski

given our depth, I'm hoping its more like a few mid-level signings

Yohan

Goalkeeper John Conway training with @torontofc (http://twitter.com/torontofc) in Oakville today. Was released by Chivas earlier this week. </SPAN>
what the fuck. this makes no sense

unless Conway has a mystic Canadian residency papers that I dont know about, exactly what does Conway bring that Edwards doesn't, except more MLS experience and wacky goalkeeping?

ensco
Why didn't this occur to me before? The obvious solution to all our problems/needs coming into this season was to load up on Colorado Rapids MFs.

DangerRed
03-25-2010, 10:21 AM
TFC isn't the only club making roster moves.

You don't say. But to this extent, this late? It's the magnitude of the moves we've been making, particularly on the exit side, that has been unusual.

We sat idle while everyone shuffled in the offseason, so maybe this can be seen as catch-up.

Ladies Love Julius James
I just got word that it is Nick Lobrocca. I don't know who that is but whatever lol my source is rarely wrong

shameless plug:
www.juliusjames.blogspot.com (http://www.juliusjames.blogspot.com)

drewski
In this league the first 5-10 games can be considered pre-season, too. We don't expect to finish first, we just need to make the playoffs.

It'll all come down to the last game or two of the season again.

with a new coach, it was bound to happen sooner or later, and its better sooner so they have time to gel for the end of season

werewolf
Sad to see Wynne go, but it was easy to see that coming.

Edwards is garbage. He is a dime-a-dozen lifelong MLS GK.

rocker
03-25-2010, 10:23 AM
I just got word that it is Nick Lobrocca. I don't know who that is but whatever lol my source is rarely wrong

shameless plug:
www.juliusjames.blogspot.com (http://www.juliusjames.blogspot.com)

thanks for the scoop bro ;) ;)

Beach_Red
03-25-2010, 10:25 AM
with a new coach, it was bound to happen sooner or later, and its better sooner so they have time to gel for the end of season

Oh for sure, sooner is better.

It was great to sign Preki last November, but of course, MLSE wasn't going to spend a dime as long as there was the possibility of a strike or a lockout - again we shouldn't be surprised.

ManUtd4ever
03-25-2010, 10:26 AM

Conway has the potential to be an upgrade over Edwards if he signs with TFC...

billyfly
03-25-2010, 10:26 AM
I wish I knew the inner-scoop about the CBA's affects on the ability to get players etc.

Yohan
03-25-2010, 10:30 AM
just how much of an upgrade do you need in a back up keeper when your back up keeper is already good enough for MLS?

ManUtd4ever
03-25-2010, 10:30 AM

Agreed. I'm sure another defender will be added to the roster before Saturday...

ManUtd4ever
03-25-2010, 10:32 AM
just how much of an upgrade do you need in a back up keeper when your back up keeper is already good enough for MLS?

Meh. Edwards is expendable and would have played maybe 1-2 games barring an injury to Frei anyway...

jloome
03-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Trade smells smart to me. Labrocca can play wide left, left back, two-way mid....

He's a prototypical MLS player, a workhorse engine that doesn't quit. So that,. right there, is something we need.

I don't think the Edwards move is to save money, I just don't think Preki has any confidence in him when he knows Conway is a dependable keeper.

This is roster-building stuff. It's good. It should've happened weeks ago, and it still doesn't solve our striker situation (shamless related column plug : http://www.rednationonline.ca/The_Solution_to_TFCs_Problems_mar_25_10_column.sht ml) but it's something.

Shakes McQueen
I'm with flats - Preki is the MLS head coach with a solid record of making the playoffs, not me.

None of the moves this team has made appear to make a whole lot of sense, considering how threadbare our roster is. I'm just going to have faith that Preki knows what he is doing.

Even Mo, while he has done some highly questionable things, has never been THIS seemingly erratic. I have to assume there is either some sort of plan, or Preki has more faith in some of these lesser knowns and trialists than we do.

- Scott

bgnewf
I am not shocked that Wynne has been moved. I am shocked that his stock dropped to the point that this Colorado kid was all that we could get in return.

This is a day far removed from Wynne playing in the Beijing Olympics and being on the subs bench for the Confederations Cup.

At the end of season two I thought he was poised for a breakout. He was in great form then and I thought he would be the next to follow Edu overseas.

How the mighty have fallen. Good luck Marvell in Colorado. Vya Con Dios.

sulfur
03-25-2010, 10:44 AM
For about twice the salary too, since he'll fall under the new CBA rules.

Yohan
03-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Trade smells smart to me. Labrocca can play wide left, left back, two-way mid....

He's a prototypical MLS player, a workhorse engine that doesn't quit. So that,. right there, is something we need.

I don't think the Edwards move is to save money, I just don't think Preki has any confidence in him when he knows Conway is a dependable keeper.

This is roster-building stuff. It's good. It should've happened weeks ago, and it still doesn't solve our striker situation (shamless related column plug : http://www.rednationonline.ca/The_Solution_to_TFCs_Problems_mar_25_10_column.sht ml) but it's something.
my understanding is that LaBrocca is primarily a DM who can play other positions.

well good. we need guys like him.

maybe i'm just disappointed that we can't get any better players than LaBrocca for Wynne.

canadian_bhoy
I am not shocked that Wynne has been moved. I am shocked that his stock dropped to the point that this Colorado kid was all that we could get in return.

This is a day far removed from Wynne playing in the Beijing Olympics and being on the subs bench for the Confederations Cup.

At the end of season two I thought he was poised for a breakout. He was in great form then and I thought he would be the next to follow Edu overseas.

How the mighty have fallen. Good luck Marvell in Colorado. Vya Con Dios.

Wynne's stock has certainly dropped, but I think that the obvious desparation state that TFC is in also played a factor. Colorado knew they could lowball slightly.

Yohan
Conway actually made slightly less than Edwards last year in salary...

Boondaddy
03-25-2010, 10:46 AM
SoccerInsider (http://twitter.com/SoccerInsider)

Toronto sends D Marvell Wynne to Colorado to MF Nick LaBrocca and a draft pick, Insider has learned #tfc (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23tfc) #mls (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23mls) 3 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/SoccerInsider/status/11039876207)via web

ManUtd4ever
03-25-2010, 10:48 AM

FYI, Edwards made more money than Conway last year...

http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/september_15_2009_salary_information__by_club.pdf

Boondaddy
03-25-2010, 10:48 AM
sweeeet, we've got an abundance of draft picks....

TFC USA
03-25-2010, 10:50 AM

Appeal to authority logical fallacy.

Whoop
03-25-2010, 10:53 AM
sweeeet, we've got an abundance of draft picks....

Maybe Mo got the memo intended for Brian Burke.

"We need more draft picks!"

TFC USA
03-25-2010, 10:55 AM
TFC is making moves that would otherwise be done by a team completely rebuilding instead of looking to make the playoffs this year.

On that note, I'm glad Wynne is fucking gone. Maybe the extra air will get his crosses to go higher than shin level. On the other hand, we got pennies in return.

Oblio2
03-25-2010, 10:58 AM
Mo sucks

pekduck
03-25-2010, 10:59 AM
^
it's okay Simon... it's a bad deal so far.

just hope new kid will perform under Preki's system

TFC USA
We're going to lose at Columbus by an NFL score aren't we?

Shakes McQueen
Appeal to authority logical fallacy.

It's only an "appeal to authority" if flats is arguing the inerrant truth of something, based solely on the supposed expertise of the person saying it.

That is not the same as essentially having faith that someone knows what they are doing, because they've been doing it a lot longer than you, and withholding judgment until he has been given a reasonable chance.

It's impossible to judge whether Preki's plan makes any sense right now, because the plan has clearly not been completed, and we've still yet to play an actual, meaningful game.

- Scott

rocker
03-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Mo sucks

You loved Marvell Wynne that much eh?

drewski
03-25-2010, 11:00 AM
SoccerInsider (http://twitter.com/SoccerInsider)

Toronto sends D Marvell Wynne to Colorado to MF Nick LaBrocca and a draft pick, Insider has learned #tfc (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23tfc) #mls (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23mls) 3 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/SoccerInsider/status/11039876207)via web

anybody wanna hazard a guess which round?

bueller? bueller?

wzhxvy
03-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Retarded...both meanings apply here.

What is most disturbing to me is how absolutely amateurish this organization is in building a team...no vision, no plan, just moves, noise, lies and god willing a sex tape soon.

TFC USA
03-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Understood.

It's not really Preki I have a problem with. I like Preki.

But fuck off MO. If he can't get his shit together by the home opener then all bets are off.

TFC USA
03-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Retarded...both meanings apply here.

What is most disturbing to me is how absolutely amateurish this organization is in building a team...no vision, no plan, just moves, noise, lies and god willing a sex tape soon.

TFC player caught banging Andi Petrillo? :D

wzhxvy
03-25-2010, 11:02 AM

bueller? bueller?

I guess 2

tfcmanu
03-25-2010, 11:04 AM
http://www.24thminute.com/2010/03/wynne-traded-tosomewhere.html

Oblio2
03-25-2010, 11:05 AM
You loved Marvell Wynne that much eh?

Its not just that. Mo is not making moves that make sense.
We release players without replacing them. Our team is so thin. Our midfield isnt creative enough, we have a shit defence, no depth and only DeRo to score.
This all falls on Mo. How many other teams have trailists in the last days of camp. We should be up and ready to go.
This season will be woefull and I hope that if (When?) We dont win any of the first 5 games, Mo gets his ass fired and we get a decent person to run this. This isnt year one anymore.
I have been a Mo supportera and argued he needs time.
Clocks done Mo, fuck off.

Boondaddy
TFC is making moves that would otherwise be done by a team completely rebuilding instead of looking to make the playoffs this year.

On that note, I'm glad Wynne is fucking gone. Maybe the extra air will get his crosses to go higher than shin level. On the other hand, we got pennies in return.

classy. Marvell has been with the club for a long time and has done many great things for TFC and has been one of our better players over the years.

A simple "good luck to you" would have sufficed :rolleyes:

Shakes McQueen
Understood.

But fuck off MO. If he can't get his shit together by the home opener then all bets are off.

Mo should be fired anyway. He should be fired for everything that has happened to this point, let alone anything that happens in the future. He should have been fired at the end of last season, but as we all know, he had secretly signed an extension months earlier.

- Scott

drewski
It's only an "appeal to authority" if flats is arguing the inerrant truth of something, based solely on the supposed expertise of the person saying it.

That is not the same as essentially having faith that someone knows what they are doing, because they've been doing it a lot longer than you, and withholding judgment until he has been given a reasonable chance.

It's impossible to judge whether Preki's plan makes any sense right now, because the plan has clearly not been completed, and we've still yet to play an actual, meaningful game.

- Scott

+1

Preki (and by extension Mo cause I imagine, ok HOPE, he's listening to Preki here) are getting the benefit of the doubt for now

Red CB Toronto
03-25-2010, 11:07 AM
The Crazy Prekster is at it again, wonder what the roster will look like by Saturday.

TFC USA
03-25-2010, 11:07 AM
classy. Marvell has been with the club for a long time and has done many great things for TFC and has been one of our better players over the years.

A simple "good luck to you" would have sufficed :rolleyes:

I disagree. Ever since year one he's just tailed off into something so despicably bad.

But yes...I was harsh. Good luck to Marvell elsewhere. With our luck he's going to develop into the star we wanted him to be by joining another team. :picard:

Section 117
03-25-2010, 11:08 AM
From what I heard Preki couldn't stand Wynne as he is defensively useless and couldn't do anything except run fast.

On that note good luck Wynne

Boondaddy
03-25-2010, 11:08 AM
TFC player caught banging Andi Petrillo? :D

it would likely be Garcia, the filthy animal.

TFC USA
03-25-2010, 11:09 AM
The Crazy Prekster is at it again, wonder what the roster will look like by Saturday.

Formation: 4-4-2

GK: Craig Forrest

Defenders: Nigel Reed, Mitch Peacock, Nick Garcia, Nana Attakora

Midfielders: Jim Brennan, DeRo, smenge, Shakes McQueen

Forwards: Homer Simpson, O'Brien White

Nuvinho
03-25-2010, 11:10 AM

Thanks for the info, I didn't know he was a wide player, all I remember seeing him play was CM. If I didn't know this, I would of thought...why are we bringing in another CM....but if he can play wide, and also at LB....that helps.

scooter
03-25-2010, 11:10 AM
this is all great stuff -- its just starting to get exciting---trader mo is in his element

too bad it took so long to settle cba but it is what it is now they can get going

jloome
03-25-2010, 11:11 AM
my understanding is that LaBrocca is primarily a DM who can play other positions.

well good. we need guys like him.

maybe i'm just disappointed that we can't get any better players than LaBrocca for Wynne.

Yeah, most fans think in those terms but most coaches think in terms of either holder or two way, and he's definitely a two way. But his defensive skills are greater than his offensive, basically, same as Sam Cronin.

2Legit2Quit
03-25-2010, 11:11 AM
From what I heard Preki couldn't stand Wynne as he is defensively useless and couldn't do anything except run fast.

You just described Garcia, minus the run fast part.

drewski
03-25-2010, 11:12 AM

I like this one better

24thminute (http://twitter.com/24thminute)
TFC's projected line-up for Sat - Pool Keeper -TBD - Head Scout -Attakora -Emergency signing -DeRo - JDG - @PaulBeirne (http://twitter.com/PaulBeirne) -Preki -Mo - White

TFC USA

Hmmm....that sounds familiar. He must read this board. :o:D

Beach_Red

This is MLS, rebuilding teams can make the playoffs. The difference between first and last (okay, second and second-to-last) isn't that much. Was RSL rebuilding last year?

Yohan
Because Preki has to retool the roster with very little cap room, I think it'll take about a season (this plus next off season) before we get 'Preki's team'. Esp with new CBA making thing even more difficult to move players.

I'm almost, ALMOST writing this season off and rather pessimistic about making the playoffs. but since this is MLS, anything can happen. lol

Understood.

The bye week next week actually might be a blessing in disguise so Mo has 2 weeks before home opener to sign some players...
(not that is an optimist thing to look forward too...)

bueller? bueller?
a first round would be an awesome trade. 2nd round would be a ok trade. 3 or 4th, ugh

Stencils
Sad to see Marvell sent off in this way. He has so much potential, I just don't think the team ever figured out that he isn't a defender. They started playing him higher up near the end of last season, but too little too late.

He's straight up a casualty of lack of depth. You watch. Colorado is going to play him in an attacking midfield and he'll start producing.

Cheers, Marvell!

Also, so long Brian. Good luck!

rocker
Its not just that. Mo is not making moves that make sense.
We release players without replacing them. Our team is so thin. Our midfield isnt creative enough, we have a shit defence, no depth and only DeRo to score.
This all falls on Mo. How many other teams have trailists in the last days of camp. We should be up and ready to go.
This season will be woefull and I hope that if (When?) We dont win any of the first 5 games, Mo gets his ass fired and we get a decent person to run this. This isnt year one anymore.
I have been a Mo supportera and argued he needs time.
Clocks done Mo, fuck off.

I understand your frustration.

But I don't really understand your comments in a thread about a trade regarding Marvell Wynne for Nick Labrocca.

I wish people would comment on the trade in a thread about the trade, rather than using a thread about the trade to comment about everything else. That's why I responded with my comment about what you thought about Marvell Wynne.

I don't see anything wrong with trading Marvell Wynne for Nick Labrocca...

T.Reis
03-25-2010, 11:14 AM

There u go! Nigel is just as fast as Marvell.

Good luck in Colorado MW.

Not sure why everyone is so upset about Edwards. I don't see him being picked up by anyone.

drewski
03-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Because Preki has to retool the roster with very little cap room, I think it'll take about a season (this plus next off season) before we get 'Preki's team'. Esp with new CBA making thing even more difficult to move players.

very similar to the Leafs situation (minus the GM with a clue), which might be starting to bear fruit if recent results hold up

Boondaddy
03-25-2010, 11:15 AM
this is all great stuff -- its just starting to get exciting---trader mo is in his element

too bad it took so long to settle cba but it is what it is now they can get going

there should be a CBC drama called "Trader Mo"...SMASH HIT.

GabrielHurl
03-25-2010, 11:16 AM

Took him that long to figure that out??

+1

TFC USA
This is MLS, rebuilding teams can make the playoffs. The difference between first and last (okay, second and second-to-last) isn't that much. Was RSL rebuilding last year?

RSL didn't throw shit together two days before the MLS season when they had 6 months to properly build a squad.

Edwards deserved to be released after that abortion of a performance in goal at New York.

Stefan Frei forever. :scarf:

sidvan
there should be a CBC drama called "Trader Mo"...SMASH HIT.

An out of touch with reality series?

MUFC_Niagara
03-25-2010, 11:17 AM
sportsnetsoccer

Looks like MD Nick Labrocca comes to Toronto for Wynne. More movement to come.

jenkinsm
03-25-2010, 11:17 AM
This is all happening so late in the game because of the CBA...they've been hand-cuffed until recently. Plus...teams were only required to finalize their rosters yesterday (plenty of decent waived players out there). Plus...the league is making an announcement about the DP rule soon. MLSE has money to spend if a second DP doesn't count against your salary cap.

Rumours are all over that players will come in before the first game...this may be the first of many. Who knows? We need to exercise a little patience instead of screaming bloody murder.

Sure, many of the other teams in the league solidified their rosters early in pre-season...and that might explain why TFC did so poorly. They had a ton of trialists because Preki is obviously trying to sort out the problems and deal with them appropriately. He's made a lot of moves that seem to have left the roster bare...but they're probably good moves for the long haul. I don't think we can all argue that dumping the dead weight is a bad thing.

There is a lot that goes on behind the scene that I'm sure most or none of us are aware of. Let's have a little faith...or at least wait a few weeks into the season before we start asking for their heads.

Phil
03-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Best of luck to Marvell.

TFC USA
03-25-2010, 11:18 AM
On another note, welcome to the team Nick Labrocca.

Krasno.pL.
03-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Anyone know much about this Nick Labrocca?

pekduck
03-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Best of luck to both Wynne and Labrocca.

Now... chants for Labrocca? Adopt existing Marvel Wynne one?

TFC USA
03-25-2010, 11:23 AM
My Labrocca (to the tune of My Sharona)?

Waggy
03-25-2010, 11:24 AM
RSL didn't throw shit together two days before the MLS season when they had 6 months to properly build a squad.

Edwards deserved to be released after that abortion of a performance in goal at New York.

Stefan Frei forever. :scarf:

That might be one of the most disgusting posts on this board I've seen yet. Did you forget about Edwards looking near tears as he answered questions after that game? About how he and Cronin were the only ones who looked like they gave a fuck? That they were the only ones with the balls to stand there and answer questions? Did you forget about ALL the odd man rushes the Red Bulls had that day? Edwards is a backup goalie, what happened today was one of those things that happens to a backup goalie. But to say he didn't give EVERYTHING he had for the badge. To ignore how well he played for us last year (remember the goalie controversy after he came in and we went on a run?)... disgusting.

Neither may have been world beaters, and we may (hopefully will be) better off without them, but both Marvell and Edwards were nothing but class while here (more than can be said about management or many "fans" apparently) and deserve nothing but our respect and best wishes.

(note: sorry if this comes off harsh, but it PISSES me off when guys who put in work take flack for no reason. If someone isn't working, they deserve every ounce of criticism possible. All I want to see is effort and passion, and these guys gave it)

mastermixer
On another note, welcome to the team Nick Labrocca.

After watching some of his highlights, I got a good feeling about Labrocca. He will be a solid addition to the wing where we really don't have much right now.

wzhxvy
you guys make me laugh...creating chants for Labrocca already...

icecoldbeer
03-25-2010, 11:25 AM
I like this one better

Emergency signing is Rick Titus as he impressed Preki when Chivas played the depleted squad in '08

Oblio2
03-25-2010, 11:27 AM
My Labrocca (to the tune of My Sharona)?

Love it

wzhxvy
03-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Emergency signing is Rick Titus as he impressed Preki when Chivas played the depleted squad in '08

Maybe Preki liked DD and he wants to bring him back...now that would be interesting

Boondaddy
03-25-2010, 11:29 AM

bueller? bueller?

it's a third rounder. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

koryo
03-25-2010, 11:29 AM
On paper, this looks like a good move.

icecoldbeer
03-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Maybe Preki liked DD and he wants to bring him back...now that would be interesting

That would be more than interesting! That would be amazing! haha

mastermixer
If this guy becomes chant-worthy I'll be very happy.

TFC USA
I'm all for bringing Dichio back and him scoring the winner against Philadelphia in our home opener. :D :D :D

Mo obviously shows no loyalty to his players, hence the controversial dumpings of Dichio, Robbo, and Serioux. But to take that perspective seriously, Danny has a concussion history and I'd rather he would enjoy retirement than get thrown in the firing squad that is TFC's roster.

T.Reis
The Wynne or Edwards thing ain't bothering me, it's the stay tuned for more moves that's bothering me!

How am I supoosed to get any work done when I'm spending my day checking on this site if there were any more moves?

pekduck
03-25-2010, 11:31 AM

actually, i'm just thinking with all the player movements, more than half or our player specific chants are now obsolete, lol

jenkinsm
03-25-2010, 11:32 AM
That might be one of the most disgusting posts on this board I've seen yet. Did you forget about Edwards looking near tears as he answered questions after that game? About how he and Cronin were the only ones who looked like they gave a fuck? That they were the only ones with the balls to stand there and answer questions? Did you forget about ALL the odd man rushes the Red Bulls had that day? Edwards is a backup goalie, what happened today was one of those things that happens to a backup goalie. But to say he didn't give EVERYTHING he had for the badge. To ignore how well he played for us last year (remember the goalie controversy after he came in and we went on a run?)... disgusting.

Neither may have been world beaters, and we may (hopefully will be) better off without them, but both Marvell and Edwards were nothing but class while here (more than can be said about management or many "fans" apparently) and deserve nothing but our respect and best wishes.

(note: sorry if this comes off harsh, but it PISSES me off when guys who put in work take flack for no reason. If someone isn't working, they deserve every ounce of criticism possible. All I want to see is effort and passion, and these guys gave it)

AMEN...I'm with you on this one. Edwards gave our team a chance to make the playoffs last year. He came in when Frei was hurt and stood on his head, making a number of incredible game changing saves. He was totally hung out to dry by a crumbling defense in that game against NYRB.

And he played a great 1/2 game against Real Madrid...(as good as one would expect). I think if we gave him a decent shot...he could have been a decent starter. As it stood...he was a very reliable back-up last season.

Edwards deserves a lot better than this...

Boondaddy
03-25-2010, 11:37 AM
The Wynne or Edwards thing ain't bothering me, it's the stay tuned for more moves that's bothering me!

How am I supoosed to get any work done when I'm spending my day checking on this site if there were any more moves?

I hear ya there...I can't get any work done especially when more moves are forthcoming.

Jesus, I'm so behind....my phone is ringing off the hook and I'm not even answering.

Dunkers
03-25-2010, 11:43 AM

One game doesnt make a keeper, but 0 saves in the biggest game of the year. Thats not trying

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20091024&content_id=7541908&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

Corpand
03-25-2010, 11:45 AM
So just as I reported last week that we were getting a midfielder. Was iffy on my source but now know that he knows his business.

Apparently this was not a last minute deal either.

Boondaddy
03-25-2010, 11:48 AM
One game doesnt make a keeper, but 0 saves in the biggest game of the year. Thats not trying

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20091024&content_id=7541908&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

that's unfair...the WHOLE TEAM shat the bed in the worst way. Yes there were a few saves he could've made but really the rest of the team just gave up.

Beach_Red
03-25-2010, 11:48 AM

Yes, we're getting our Leafs stuff ready to wear to BMO - I don't know if we should have "Gilmour-2" or "Clark-2" - what other fan faves did they bring back?

Waggy
03-25-2010, 11:49 AM

Players are judged based just on a single game now? Forgetting the fact that every shot they took was a very good scoring chance, Chad Barret scored the goal that got us the NCC last year. I'm sure we can find examples of games Nick Garcia played well last year. Mo's made plenty of good moves. Dero's had games where he doesn't show up. Whats your point?

Dunkers
03-25-2010, 11:49 AM
that's unfair...the WHOLE TEAM shat the bed in the worst way. Yes there were a few saves he could've made but really the rest of the team just gave up.

I agree that the whole team shat the bed, but i wouldnt give any credit to Edwards in that game, he was just as bad as the rest

Boondaddy
03-25-2010, 11:51 AM
So just as I reported last week that we were getting a midfielder. Was iffy on my source but now know that he knows his business.

man I love these posts....

Your source is still iffy if it remains anonymous!!! :rolleyes:

drewski
03-25-2010, 11:54 AM

no offense to you or your source, but given our lack of depth, it wasn't to hard to predict we were gonna get a forward/midfielder/defender

Suds
03-25-2010, 11:55 AM
actually, i'm just thinking with all the player movements, more than half or our player specific chants are now obsolete, lol

It's a Mo conspiracy to screw with supporters for bad-mouthing him on the boards :D

Hugh Jazz
03-25-2010, 12:01 PM
The only problem I have with this trade is it keeps Attakora at RB, making the defence even worse in the middle.

Waggy
03-25-2010, 12:01 PM
@JohnMolinaro
As far as TFC keeper Brian Edwards being cut or traded, he was at pratice today.
2 minutes ago via web

Parkdale
03-25-2010, 12:04 PM

just wanted to echo that once more.

if it's true that you are no longer a red, I wish you luck in the rest of your career.

Yohan
03-25-2010, 12:04 PM
@JohnMolinaro
As far as TFC keeper Brian Edwards being cut or traded, he was at pratice today.
2 minutes ago via web
well, that's good news. conway on trial for what then?

Waggy
03-25-2010, 12:06 PM
well, that's good news. conway on trial for what then?

Maybe Frei next to get traded then? Or at least, if Edwards is going it's not getting cut, it's a trade. Or Mo just lost his marbles

mlg_acc99
03-25-2010, 12:07 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. I really hope this is the case.

Mikey
03-25-2010, 12:11 PM
At this rate, when the announcer says the first name of the players, theres a good chance he will be followed by blank looks and shouts of "who are ya?" at BMO on opening day...:rolleyes:

BuSaPuNk
03-25-2010, 12:13 PM
just wanted to echo that once more.

if it's true that you are no longer a red, I wish you luck in the rest of your career.

+1

Good luck to you Marvel! Hope you do well in Colorado. Mabey even play well enough to make the USMNT.

TFCRegina
03-25-2010, 12:13 PM
If Edwards is cut, do you suppose we're gonna try and grab Street?

Mark in Ottawa
03-25-2010, 12:14 PM
Has this trade been confirmed anyplace?
I see a whole lota conjecture and "twitter speak"... but "wheres the beef"!!

drewski
03-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Maybe Frei next to get traded then? Or at least, if Edwards is going it's not getting cut, it's a trade. Or Mo just lost his marbles

IF he went anywhere, and I don't think he is for at least another year or to, I think it would be a transfer to Europe, not a trade within MLS.

swan
03-25-2010, 12:22 PM
AMEN...I'm with you on this one. Edwards gave our team a chance to make the playoffs last year. He came in when Frei was hurt and stood on his head, making a number of incredible game changing saves. He was totally hung out to dry by a crumbling defense in that game against NYRB.

And he played a great 1/2 game against Real Madrid...(as good as one would expect). I think if we gave him a decent shot...he could have been a decent starter. As it stood...he was a very reliable back-up last season.

Edwards deserves a lot better than this...

:thumbsup:

Batman
03-25-2010, 12:23 PM

It seems TFC PR usually comes out at the end of the day. theres probably a bunch of paperwork to take care of as well.

drewski
03-25-2010, 12:23 PM

bueller? bueller?

just the answer I was looking for haha

JohnMolinaro (http://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro)
Now hearing the Wynne trade to Colorado 4 LaBrocca includes TFC getting a 3rd round draft pick.

Fort York Redcoat
03-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Later Wynne. Thanks for those exciting runs down the flanks. Labrocca. I wanna hear more...

MartinUtd
03-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Wow people are defending Edwards like he's a saint.

A real sad state of affairs indeed.

FootieChick
03-25-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm so pissed! Wynne was my man!

Shaughno
03-25-2010, 12:27 PM
Wow people are defending Edwards like he's a saint.

A real sad state of affairs indeed.

No, people were defending him because people were tearing him a new one saying he was useless and shit.

He's a solid prospect keeper, with good distribution and a good head on his shoulders. Unfortunately he doesn't command his box enough IMO and that's probably mostly down to his size.

Boondaddy
03-25-2010, 12:27 PM

really?

Preki said trade for Marvell is in the workd. hearing it's for Labroca from Colorado

reggie
03-25-2010, 12:28 PM
another 3rd round pick...lol
i can hear mo...we will build with the draft.
we have been trying to get labrocca for 3 yrs,we have dont our homework on him.

Fushida
03-25-2010, 12:31 PM
another 3rd round pick...lol
i can hear mo...we will build with the draft.
we have been trying to get labrocca for 3 yrs,we have dont our homework on him.

haha, why do they even bother with pressers right? :rolleyes:

for those who are in the loop, how many 3rd rounders do we have next year?!

Parkdale
03-25-2010, 12:32 PM
No, people were defending him because people were tearing him a new one saying he was useless and shit.

there's only two kinds of players on TFC (based on the opinions you see online)

The Second Coming of Messi - OR - not fit to play in my nephew's U-14 house league.

but yeah, Edwards was a decent backup. Not great, not bad. he was a backup. people should be smashing him because he's not the starter - the backup is a valid position!

Fushida
03-25-2010, 12:32 PM
just saw this on the new site:

http://staging.mlssoccer.com/content/report-tfc-trade-marvell-wynne-colorado

Shaughno
03-25-2010, 12:33 PM
This is what I see:

Toronto FC

In:
Ty Harden (trade w/COL)
Zach Herold (SuperDraft)
Jacob Peterson (trade w/COL)

Out:
Amado Guevara (Motagua - Honduras)
Lesly Fellinga (waived)
Adrian Serioux (waived)
Carl Robinson (waived)
Pablo Vitti (waived)

Other Considerations
3rd round pick in 2011 SuperDraft (from HOU in A. Serioux rights trade)
4th round pick in 2011 SuperDraft (from NY in C. Robinson rights trade)

Plus, didn't we trade a 3rd rounder away for someone?

ManUtd4ever
03-25-2010, 12:35 PM
The feedback from Colorado supporters on LaBrocca is overwhelmingly positive...

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1373727&page=3

Shaughno
03-25-2010, 12:35 PM

So we now have 3 former CRapids players. Should help with the unity/confidence level among the locker room I would think.

flatpicker
03-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Wait... so did we give them a draft pick along with Wynne, or did we receive a draft pick?
I'm hearing both now.

Shaughno
03-25-2010, 12:40 PM
That MLS article indicates a draft pick going to CRapids...

Parkdale
Wait... so did we give them a draft pick along with Wynne, or did we receive a draft pick?
I'm hearing both now.

I heard YOU were going to get me a sandwich, in exchange for a 3rd round draft pick.

Nodoubtguy

Nice quote on that site

The fast-emerging LaBrocca, who played more minutes than any other Rapid player last season, had a breakout 2009 and was on the verge of the U.S. national team squad.

Shaughno
03-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Everything I've read from CRapids fans has been nothing but he's "100 cents on the dollar". Meaning this kid is always going to perform to the level you expect. Something we NEVER had with Wynne.

They seem to be excited about Wynne's pace... but concerned that if Preki can't get anything out of Wynne, they won't be able to either.

flatpicker
03-25-2010, 12:42 PM
I heard YOU were going to get me a sandwich, in exchange for a 3rd round draft pick.

Wait, was that a Burrito or a Gyro?
Ah whatever... I'll just get you a Shawarma.

And I will be picking in the 3rd round of what?

Lucky Strike
03-25-2010, 12:43 PM
I've read 3 of the 7 pages so far and I wanted to read them all before commenting but I can't help myself.

For Edwards being cut, everyone seems confused but I think I have the explanation as to why. Remember in year 2 when Carver publicly slammed Edwards for a lack of effort? Put that and Preki who likes players who will kill themselves by too much effort and I think it gives you the answer to why Edwards is gone.

While that one instance of Edwards not working enough was it - we never heard anything more on the subject after that - which suggests he improved his effort, perhaps that still wasn't enough given Preki's standards. Thus the cut.

Parkdale
03-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Wait, was that a Burrito or a Gyro?
Ah whatever... I'll just get you a Shawarma.
And I will be picking in the 3rd round of what?

burrito > schwarma > gyro

crofty
03-25-2010, 12:44 PM
That MLS article indicates a draft pick going to CRapids...

it does, but the sub title says preki would acquire labrocca and a draft pick. they can't seem to make up their mind...

Shaughno
03-25-2010, 12:45 PM
burrito > schwarma > gyro

No... well depending on the burrito.

schwarma>burrito>gyro

it does, but the sub title says preki would acquire labrocca and a draft pick. they can't seem to make up their mind...

yeah every other piece of info seems to indicate WE get the draft pick. Could just be a type on their part.

Fort York Redcoat
03-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Okay Labrocca sounds like a good addition. Now who's replacing the defender we just traded?

Whoop
03-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Everything I've read from CRapids fans has been nothing but he's "100 cents on the dollar". Meaning this kid is always going to perform to the level you expect. Something we NEVER had with Wynne.

They seem to be excited about Wynne's pace... but concerned that if Preki can't get anything out of Wynne, they won't be able to either.

Sounds decent.

At the end of the day I just ask that the guys on the pitch play with some passion and effort.

MartinUtd
03-25-2010, 12:50 PM

He's a solid prospect keeper, with good distribution and a good head on his shoulders. Unfortunately he doesn't command his box enough IMO and that's probably mostly down to his size.

Sentimentality aside, do you really think he ads anything to this team that a MLS pool keeper could not?

felipe
03-25-2010, 12:51 PM
I'm happy enough - seems we got a hard-working starter for someone who wasn't in the plans;

Shaughno
03-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Okay Labrocca sounds like a good addition. Now who's replacing the defender we just traded?

I'm assuming Nana will probably move out to the wing. Harden,Gomez, Garcia working the middle. Jimmy B at LB.

From everything I've heard (both from sources and club interviews) the back line is apparently the best thing we have going right now. Take that for what it's worth... since Wynne didn't feature in that lineup, it's not a surprise he was moved.

Sounds decent.

At the end of the day I just ask that the guys on the pitch play with some passion and effort.

I bet that's exactly why Preki went after him IMO.

Lucky Strike
03-25-2010, 12:53 PM
I've read 3 of the 7 pages so far and I wanted to read them all before commenting but I can't help myself.

For Edwards being cut, everyone seems confused but I think I have the explanation as to why. Remember in year 2 when Carver publicly slammed Edwards for a lack of effort? Put that and Preki who likes players who will kill themselves by too much effort and I think it gives you the answer to why Edwards is gone.

While that one instance of Edwards not working enough was it - we never heard anything more on the subject after that - which suggests he improved his effort, perhaps that still wasn't enough given Preki's standards. Thus the cut.

Finished reading everything and I'm glad Edwards appears to be at practice. Makes you wonder what Conway is doing there but what the hell, maybe he's secretly also a striker.

Boondaddy
03-25-2010, 12:55 PM
It seems TFC PR usually comes out at the end of the day. theres probably a bunch of paperwork to take care of as well.

while we wait for paperwork from TFC....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvell_Wynne_(soccer)

pretty official.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-25-2010, 12:57 PM

yep im 100% behind this statement

flatpicker
03-25-2010, 12:58 PM
while we wait for paperwork from TFC....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvell_Wynne_(soccer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvell_Wynne_%28soccer))

pretty official.

I'm not doubting it's official... but you really shouldn't be trusting Wiki for up-to-the-minute news.

Anyone and their dog can update info on Wiki!

billyfly
And now we know why the players didn't have names on their jerseys during pre-season.

Shaughno
Sentimentality aside, do you really think he ads anything to this team that a MLS pool keeper could not?

I liked Edwards, but I'm not sad to see him go. He can easily be replaced for the amount of minutes he would have gotten IMO.

Especially if we're getting one of Conway/Kocic/Street for cheaper as a backup...

canadian_bhoy
03-25-2010, 01:01 PM
So we now have 3 former CRapids players. Should help with the unity/confidence level among the locker room I would think.

And they now have 2 former TFC players one of whom scored 16 goals last season.

:(

Boondaddy
03-25-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm not doubting it's official... but you really shouldn't be trusting Wiki for up-to-the-minute news.

Anyone and their dog can update info on Wiki!

Really? I'm not man....there are numerous sources saying it.

I was just trying to be funny with the Wiki thing....but I obviously failed.

[NBF]
03-25-2010, 01:03 PM
Q: Frei........Edwards........Conway......Who's the odd man out?

A: FREI!!!

I think it's possible we might sacrifice/trade him in order to get another CB

flatpicker
03-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Really? I'm not man....there are numerous sources saying it.

I was just trying to be funny with the Wiki thing....but I obviously failed.

You didn't fail.
I was trying to make a light hearted reply to your post.

I think we failed each other.
How will we go on?

Pachuco
03-25-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm thinking that Edwards was probably released. He'll become a pool player for the MLS. In which case why wouldn't he continue to practce with Toronto since he lives here for now?

TFC Cityboy
03-25-2010, 01:20 PM
the whole "pool player" thing is so bush league...sounds like a sunday pub team league! What was the name of the pool keeper we had a couple of years ago, I'm racking my brain- he was half decent.

zamperina
03-25-2010, 01:24 PM
the whole "pool player" thing is so bush league...sounds like a sunday pub team league! What was the name of the pool keeper we had a couple of years ago, I'm racking my brain- he was half decent.

Sam Reynolds?

TFC07
03-25-2010, 01:29 PM
The feedback from Colorado supporters on LaBrocca is overwhelmingly positive...

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1373727&page=3

Hard working, good character. Not the most technically skilled or athletic, but very solid. Willing to do whatever the team needs. Primarily a defensive mid type, but played wing, right back, and offensive mid part of the time last season to help cover for injuries and other issues. Plays tough but doesn't take unnecessary cards. Still young, really only came into own last year. A fan favorite. Has shown flashes of being able to move ball forward on offense and pick out open man. Needs to work on shot, most times he had ball in box he shot it into the stands or way wide.

Don't we have enough of these type of players? (hard working, but lack soccer skills?) At least he can play more than one position (even though his main position is DM....LOL)

I thought TFC can get more from trading Wynne, but I guess not.

What's up with getting Rapid players on TFC?

Steve
03-25-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm thinking that Edwards was probably released. He'll become a pool player for the MLS. In which case why wouldn't he continue to practce with Toronto since he lives here for now?

Exactly what I was thinking. See, here is the great thing about MLS:

So right now, Toronto has Edwards on our roster. He is costing us 40k (I think?) in cap space and an international (at least American) spot. Let's say today, we let go of Edwards and MLS, at the same time, made Edwards a pool keeper with the league, who happens to train with Toronto. What's the difference? Well, we don't have to pay for him, have an extra int spot, but for that he may play with other teams and get injured (but let's be fair, most teams have backups). So, why don't we just keep Frei signed, not have a backup, and use Edwards whenever we need to? Win/Win!

ManUtd4ever
03-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Don't we have enough of these type of players? (hard working, but lack soccer skills?) At least he can play more than one position (even though his main position is DM....LOL)

I thought TFC can get more from trading Wynne, but I guess not.

What's up with getting Rapid players on TFC?

What were you expecting in return for Wynne? Given the circumstances, I think it could prove to be a good return based on Wynne's performance last season. LaBrocca might be able to fill the void left by Robbo's departure...

Stouffville_RPB
03-25-2010, 01:48 PM
The more I'm read the Rapids fans response to the trade the more I like this trade for TFC. It seems that LaBrocca is only getting better. "linking defense to offense" I like the sound of that.

Darlofletch
03-25-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm not sad to see Wynne go, Our defence will look better and more organised now they don't have to be covering for him. don't know much about Labrocca, but he seems like a versatile hard working guy who'll do ok in a bunch of different positions, sounds like an ideal depth/bench guy, hopefully more than that.

having said that, Good luck to Marvell in Colorado, I'd be excited about our higher chances of getting a penalty now we get to play against Wynne, but we'd just miss it anyway.

Shaughno
03-25-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm not sad to see Wynne go, Our defence will look better and more organised now they don't have to be covering for him. don't know much about Labrocca, but he seems like a versatile hard working guy who'll do ok in a bunch of different positions, sounds like an ideal depth/bench guy, hopefully more than that.

having said that, Good luck to Marvell in Colorado, I'd be excited about our higher chances of getting a penalty now we get to play against Wynne, but we'd just miss it anyway.

Objective against the CRapids... get into the box... find Marvell. Chip into his arms. Penalty!

:D

CretanBull
03-25-2010, 01:57 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. See, here is the great thing about MLS:

So right now, Toronto has Edwards on our roster. He is costing us 40k (I think?) in cap space and an international (at least American) spot. Let's say today, we let go of Edwards and MLS, at the same time, made Edwards a pool keeper with the league, who happens to train with Toronto. What's the difference? Well, we don't have to pay for him, have an extra int spot, but for that he may play with other teams and get injured (but let's be fair, most teams have backups). So, why don't we just keep Frei signed, not have a backup, and use Edwards whenever we need to? Win/Win!

Teams have league mandated roster requirements...if it were that easy then no one would pay for their back-up keeper. The pool system is in place to address emergency situations.

Stencils
03-25-2010, 01:58 PM

Wasn't the greek guy was it? Kenny?

billyfly
03-25-2010, 01:59 PM
This thread needs more pics

http://www.coloradosoccernow.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/labrocca-inside.jpg

profit89
03-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Nicky L. stinks

TFC07
03-25-2010, 02:01 PM
What were you expecting in return for Wynne? Given the circumstances, I think it could prove to be a good return based on Wynne's performance last season. LaBrocca might be able to fill the void left by Robbo's departure...

We got JDG and Cronin to fill in Robbo's role.

I think Wynne would have landed us a quality proven MLS veteran (which we need) on this team.

Anyway, this team isn’t a playoff team. We are in rebuilding mode, which we shouldn’t be at all. Fire Mo!

TFC07
03-25-2010, 02:01 PM

No, he was on a loan deal.

tovan
03-25-2010, 02:05 PM

I think it was David Monsalve?

CretanBull
03-25-2010, 02:06 PM
We had a few pool keepers...Dragovan...Reynolds...I think there was a 3rd one too.

Shaughno
03-25-2010, 02:06 PM
It was Sam Reynolds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Reynolds

swan
03-25-2010, 02:07 PM
wasn't that reynolds not bad but then got hurt

ManUtd4ever
03-25-2010, 02:07 PM
We got JDG and Cronin to fill in Robbo's role.

I think Wynne would have landed us a quality proven MLS veteran (which we need) on this team. This team isn’t a playoff team. We are in rebuilding mode, which we shouldn’t be at all.

I disagree. I think JDG and Cronin are far more valuable in an offensive role. I also like the fact that LaBrocca's best years are ahead of him. Why would you be content with adding veterans to a club that is not on the verge of contending? MoJo has been mismanaging the team along those lines with the short term thinking approach and it is refreshing to see a change in the right direction...

Shaughno
03-25-2010, 02:08 PM
Agreed. I think we're starting to see what Preki is putting together. A solid, hard working team from the backline forward. IMO anyway.

McBrace
03-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Agreed. I think we're starting to see what Preki is putting together. A solid, hard working team from the backline forward. IMO anyway.

I rather see that then, a bunch of paycheck collectors!

I will reserve my judgment until I actually see what all these new faces can bring on match day!

rocker
03-25-2010, 02:18 PM
I think Wynne would have landed us a quality proven MLS veteran (which we need) on this team.

I don't think anyone on this board would make such a trade if the roles were reversed (that is, we wouldn't trade a quality, proven, MLS veteran to get Marvell on TFC).

To me, Wynne is a pretty average MLS defender (low footy IQ combined with high athleticism).
When we first got him, I figured, "wow, with his athleticism, he'll kill the league once he learns the game more." But with different coaches + US nat experience, he's still the same Marvell.
I wonder what'll happen as he ages and loses his speed and power.

TFC07
03-25-2010, 02:19 PM
I disagree. I think JDG and Cronin are far more valuable in an offensive role. I also like the fact that LaBrocca's best years are ahead of him. Why would you be content with adding veterans to a club that is not on the verge of contending? MoJo has been mismanaging the team along those lines with the short term thinking approach and it is refreshing to see a change in the right direction...

Wasn't TFC the youngest team in MLS last season? JDG said in the past that he doesn't feel comfortable playing an attacking role, while Cronin hasn't really proven to be a decent offensive player.

Point is: this team needs talent (especially offensive talent). Who's going to score goals? DeRo?

Nuvinho
03-25-2010, 02:22 PM
comments from rapids fans?:

Bonji Says:
March 25th, 2010 at 8:59 am (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/#comment-11509)
For real? Its not april fools day. Wynne’s speed going up and down the right flank overlapping with Smith? Maybe KK moves to the left flank to make Earls earn the job? Interesting.
<LI id=comment-11510>http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/ad795cfb1c5e94deab5f4d168d549aaa?s=32&d=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gravatar.com%2Favatar%2Fad51650 3a11cd5ca435acc9bb6523536%3Fs%3D32&r=R Deron Says:
March 25th, 2010 at 9:12 am (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/#comment-11510) I think this will prove to be a very bad trade if it happens. Wynne’s over-rated and LaBrocca’s under-rated. The Rapids lose too much for a player that doesn’t solve a problem.
<LI id=comment-11511 class=alt>http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/ad516503a11cd5ca435acc9bb6523536?s=32 FC Denver (http://fcdenver.org/blog) Says:
March 25th, 2010 at 9:17 am (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/#comment-11511) Makes it interesting, at very least. I guess Smith felt like we have enough CM cover, but I always liked Labrocca as a hardworking journeyman-type player. Think Wynne could be a solid starter for us though.
<LI id=comment-11522>http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/ad516503a11cd5ca435acc9bb6523536?s=32 TorontoFC Says:
March 25th, 2010 at 10:53 am (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/#comment-11522) If MLS were a track and field league, Colorado would be the clear winner in this trade. His runs are fun to watch, but he is simply unable to put in a decent cross. Get ready to follow your “oohs” and “ahhs” with groans.
Good luck with Wynne.
Thanks for Labrocca.
<LI id=comment-11523 class=alt>http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/ad516503a11cd5ca435acc9bb6523536?s=32 Chris Says:
March 25th, 2010 at 12:05 pm (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/#comment-11523) This is certainly a big trade. I agree that Wynne is overrated and LaBrocca was underrated. However, bringing in Larenowitz was definitely confusing for the central midfield if you were going to keep LaBrocca. Before the trade the Rapids had holes at forward (depth) and wing back. I at least admire the Rapids for addressing one of these so quickly. Wynne is certainly a talent (raw) and can be fun to watch. Let’s hope it pans out. We’ll miss Nick though.
<LI id=comment-11524>http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/ad516503a11cd5ca435acc9bb6523536?s=32 Chris Says:
March 25th, 2010 at 12:10 pm (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/#comment-11524) For what it’s worth Ives Galarcep thinks it’s a good trade for both sides.

TFC07
03-25-2010, 02:23 PM
I don't think anyone on this board would make such a trade if the roles were reversed (that is, we wouldn't trade a quality, proven, MLS veteran to get Marvell on TFC).

To me, Wynne is a pretty average MLS defender (low footy IQ combined with high athleticism).
When we first got him, I figured, "wow, with his athleticism, he'll kill the league once he learns the game more." But with different coaches + US nat experience, he's still the same Marvell.
I wonder what'll happen as he ages and loses his speed and power.

You're right about Wynne, but he still gets called up for US national team. So he does have value who can land us some quality player(s?).

Cashcleaner
03-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Even more bad news. Ted the night watchman was also let go the other day. And with the goal net being traded to NYRB earlier this week, now we've just got the pylons left on the roster.

Parkdale
03-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Even more bad news. Ted the night watchman was also let go the other day.

I'll miss you Ted, you creepy old weirdo!

TFC Cityboy
03-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Even more bad news. Ted the night watchman was also let go the other day. And with the goal net being traded to NYRB earlier this week, now we've just got the pylons left on the roster.
:)

we should at least play the taller pylons in the middle and the shorter ones at full back...oh and get them to turn at 90 degrees as that photo had them lined up facing the West/East stands.

CretanBull
03-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Fuck Ted.

Scooby Doo taught me that if there's some kind of caper going on, there's a good chance that the loveable night watchmen is behind it all.

maninb
03-25-2010, 02:36 PM
My money says LaBrocca will be the defensive HOLDING midfielder to play in front of the back 4...from what I've read is that his STRENGTH is distributing the ball to the attacking players and he's an amazingly FIT & TOUGH tackler....Sounds okay to me so far!!! I'll take that for Wynne any day....

rocker
03-25-2010, 02:38 PM
You're right about Wynne, but he still gets called up for US national team. So he does have value who can land us some quality player(s?).

I dunno if getting a callup means anything. He only gets called up when it's for MLS players only.

There was a USA game at Home Depot earlier this year... I think against Honduras or was it El Salvador? Wynne started... he had an awful game. Afterward the USA fans were very down on him as having no potential for the WC team.

Wynne seems like one of those classic "projects." I remember in baseball teams always looked for those athletes and felt they could teach them the sport of baseball. But it never quite worked.

maninb
03-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Wasn't TFC the youngest team in MLS last season? JDG said in the past that he doesn't feel comfortable playing an attacking role, while Cronin hasn't really proven to be a decent offensive player.

Point is: this team needs talent (especially offensive talent). Who's going to score goals? DeRo?

In Spain JDG was surrounded by talent and could play more defensively...at TFC we need him going FORWARD and attacking...he's shown he can do it for the CMNT...and Cronin looks more comfortable playing wide right...

Lucky Strike
03-25-2010, 02:41 PM

Kenny Stamatopoulos (sp?) was a guy we loaned from Tromso in Norway when Sam Reynolds, the pool keeper went down with a leg strain of some sort (the quad I think). I remember him gesticulating frantically for attention to tell the team he was injured after booting a free kick down field. It was at RSL in their old concrete turf stadium.

TFC07
03-25-2010, 02:49 PM
My money says LaBrocca will be the defensive HOLDING midfielder to play in front of the back 4...from what I've read is that his STRENGTH is distributing the ball to the attacking players and he's an amazingly FIT & TOUGH tackler....Sounds okay to me so far!!! I'll take that for Wynne any day....

That would be a waste since we got players who can play that role already. I thougt he's going to be a winger?

BTW, where is our CB's and Strikers? Are we even looking for them anymore? lol

I dunno if getting a callup means anything. He only gets called up when it's for MLS players only.

There was a USA game at Home Depot earlier this year... I think against Honduras or was it El Salvador? Wynne started... he had an awful game. Afterward the USA fans were very down on him as having no potential for the WC team.

Wynne seems like one of those classic "projects." I remember in baseball teams always looked for those athletes and felt they could teach them the sport of baseball. But it never quite worked.

Wasn't he called up for confederation cup? I am sure there are some GM's in MLS willing to take a risk on Wynne or at least package a deal with Wynne in it to get a quality proven player.

In Spain JDG was surrounded by talent and could play more defensively...at TFC we need him going FORWARD and attacking...he's shown he can do it for the CMNT...and Cronin looks more comfortable playing wide right...

No he can't! His last gold cup performance was the proof of that. JDG himself said he prefers not to play in attacking role.

He is at his best when plays DM. We need to stop playing players outta their natural positions.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Preki is known for hating to play players out of their positions, im not worried about it.
Hes the one picking the players these days, ive got faith and we have no reason not to (outside of the fact that Mo has fucked us with the cap and roster etc)

KRO
03-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Confirmed by Luke Wileman. Labrocca + another 3rd round draft pick!

drewski
03-25-2010, 02:59 PM
doesn't sound like this is the last of it either

interesting day at TFC practice 2day. Wynne on his way to Colorado. Other player changes coming soon from what I'm hearing. Stay tuned....

besides dero, frei, jdg & el pylon, err..garcia, I wonder who's gonna be left come saturday

Globetrotter
03-25-2010, 03:03 PM
You remember back in June 2007 when Wynne rushed down the wing, cut in along the back line, chipped to Dichio who popped it in the net? First live TFC goal I saw. Vs Colorado no less.

Memories when we had something to look forward to with this team. sigh.

TFC07
03-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Preki is known for hating to play players out of their positions, im not worried about it.
Hes the one picking the players these days, ive got faith and we have no reason not to (outside of the fact that Mo has fucked us with the cap and roster etc)

He might be 'forced' to play players out of position since we don't have enough players to play certain positions.

ensco
03-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Anyone else wondering if DeRo could be moving?

Luanda
03-25-2010, 03:09 PM
This means no more Saric. So onto d-men.

Beach_Red
03-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Anyone else wondering if DeRo could be moving?

How much of that salary would we have to eat?