PDA

View Full Version : Is the Canada Cup being shown on CBC?

footyfan
05-14-2008, 01:25 PM
I actually get this as a digital cable channel (don't ask how) and I want to watch the games. Has it been confirmed that the Canada Cup will be broadcast on CBC?

VPjr
05-14-2008, 02:04 PM
I don't think it has been confirmed but I was told that they will be broadcasting the games involving TFC at home.

John Molinaro...where are you? confirmation please

nfitz
05-14-2008, 02:05 PM
I don't see how it can be - not all of it - certainly not live. Zap2it already has up listings up for May 27th, and the game begins at 7:30 pm, while CBC shows at 8 pm that they are airing "Game 1 of Stanley Cup final". SRC normally airs home Impact games, and they show regular programming - I guess things might change.

Seems odd that less than 2 weeks out, that there's no information.

Oh hang on - I just looked a bit further in the schedule.

Soccer - Toronto FC at Montreal Impact; CBC - Wed, May 28, 12:00 AM - CONCACAF Champions League Qualifying, from Montreal.

I guess it's on tape delay - well I guess the Whitecaps fans will be happy.

TFCREDNWHITE
05-14-2008, 02:05 PM
I actually get this as a digital cable channel (don't ask how) and I want to watch the games. Has it been confirmed that the Canada Cup will be broadcast on CBC?

Sometimes i think your lying about living down there, and you really live up here!!!:cool:

werewolf
05-14-2008, 02:10 PM
I would doubt game 1 of the Stanley Cup being on the 27th if both the series are over by this weekend.

The Jays are in Oakland, so that game doesn't start until 10 on Sportsnet.