PDA

View Full Version : TFC not ready as season opener comes

Ossington Mental Youth
03-24-2010, 10:08 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-38691-Toronto-FC-Examiner~y2010m3d24-TFC-not-ready-as-season-opener-comes-two-weeks-too-early-for-Mo-Johnston

some decent comments that give me a bit of hope (although i suppose i should know better)

Most noteably

1- DP ruling hoping to be pushed through by next week (depends on whether they count as part of the cap, im sure they will sigh :( )

2-us signing some castoffs (they tend to be cast offs for a reason sigh :( )

Super
03-24-2010, 10:21 PM
If allowed a second DP, and if it doesn't count against the cap, we can go out and BUY a striker who is guaranteed to solve our scoring problem. THAT would give our team a much needed boost. I understand that DeRo wants the second DP slot, but that's just not going to happen. If he doesn't like it, then well, good luck getting it somewhere else.

Yohan
03-24-2010, 10:22 PM
i highly doubt any changes to DP and whatnot will come during midseason

Ossington Mental Youth
03-24-2010, 10:24 PM
you and i both (sadly same goes to say for the reserve league, itd be nice to be proved otherwise tho)

rocker
03-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Garber said within 2 weeks something would be up with the DP.. at least that's what i think he said during one of those teleconferences.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-24-2010, 10:28 PM
yeah, at very least a decision would be made (doesnt necessarily mean itll go into works sadly)

menefreghista
03-24-2010, 10:30 PM
I hope Preki doesn`t see this article.

drewski
03-25-2010, 07:55 AM
If allowed a second DP, and if it doesn't count against the cap, we can go out and BUY a striker who is guaranteed to solve our scoring problem. THAT would give our team a much needed boost. I understand that DeRo wants the second DP slot, but that's just not going to happen. If he doesn't like it, then well, good luck getting it somewhere else.

come on down Wayne Rooney! :D:D:D

Stouffville_RPB
03-25-2010, 07:59 AM
If allowed a second DP, and if it doesn't count against the cap, we can go out and BUY a striker who is guaranteed to solve our scoring problem.

I hear David Villa and Fernado Torres will be available this summer. :D

brad
03-25-2010, 08:48 AM
i highly doubt any changes to DP and whatnot will come during midseason

I really think this depends what's in the pipes player wise. If, for example, someone like Henry actually coming to the MLS and will only play for NY, I think that Garber would change the rules to allow that to happen. Just like he did with the original DP rule.

However, I don't see much point in us discussing it. If they add another DP, we won't sign a second one for another 3 years anyway. And if we do, it will probably be another midfielder.

Yohan
03-25-2010, 09:13 AM
I really think this depends what's in the pipes player wise. If, for example, someone like Henry actually coming to the MLS and will only play for NY, I think that Garber would change the rules to allow that to happen. Just like he did with the original DP rule.

However, I don't see much point in us discussing it. If they add another DP, we won't sign a second one for another 3 years anyway. And if we do, it will probably be another midfielder.
the original DP rule was implemented before Becks formally signed for LA and this happened after 06 season.

we bitch about mickey mouseness of this league and imagine just how mickey mouse it would be if a major rules change occured during a season

NY has a 2nd DP spot already. the one they got for trading Guevara to Chivas IIRC