PDA

View Full Version : TFC still pursuing Saric and Cann

Ossington Mental Youth
03-24-2010, 10:03 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2010/03/24/sp-mls-torontofc-recruits.html

fuuuck, how much could these dudes want?!
Frightens me to think we might not have em signed by sat

Pigfynn
03-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Well this is the most important thing said in the article and is the new boss of this team saying it:

He also asked the local media to rally around TFC and provide more positive coverage of the club, especially at a time like this when the team is low on numbers.
"You have to have some type of plan and, believe it or not, I do. It doesn't show right now, but we do have a plan," Preki stated. "We're working … and we're trying to get better. The better thing for us [would be] if we could see the city gather around the team.
"In the short time I've been here, I haven't seen too many positive things around the team. It's a very negative setup around the city in terms of the press and media … [and] unless we get together and stick together — as a city, as an organization here — we're not going to go too far."
Preki later added: "We have to see more positive things on the press side and obviously a better product [on the field] and we're trying to get that there."

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2010/03/24/sp-mls-torontofc-recruits.html#ixzz0j9cYgpbD (http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2010/03/24/sp-mls-torontofc-recruits.html#ixzz0j9cYgpbD)

dantdot
03-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Oh boy, those last Preki quotes :rolleyes:

Whoop
03-24-2010, 10:13 PM
So now it's the media's fault? LOL

Pigfynn
03-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Hey guys,

It was painfully obvious watching This Is Football tonight that these boards are being watched constantly and all the negativity is being shared with Mo, Preki and probably the players. Mo made direct reference to some of King Tut's comments on this board for shit sakes! I feel that as the season approaches we try to focus our pent up energy on support for our guys.

See you in Boston...Come on you Reds!

reggie
03-24-2010, 10:14 PM
the season has not started,and im already sick of the bullshit coming out of preki and mo..just play some good football and shut the fuck up.

Yohan
03-24-2010, 10:18 PM
dear preki

i'd love to be positive about TFC, except there is NOTHING to be positive about (well, except grass at BMO Field)

MUFC_Niagara
What did Mo say about King Tut?

reggie
Hey guys,

It was painfully obvious watching This Is Football tonight that these boards are being watched constantly and all the negativity is being shared with Mo, Preki and probably the players. Mo made direct reference to some of King Tut's comments on this board for shit sakes! I feel that as the season approaches we try to focus our pent up energy on support for our guys.

i missed the show...what else did mo say?:scarf:

mmmikey
03-24-2010, 10:20 PM
mo created this negative situation, he needs to suck it up and deal. that's part of the job. does he expect us to be a bunch of blow hard fans? everyone here supports the jersey and the team on the field... off the field, why should we have to cheer for a bumbling front office who does a poor job of communicating?

"come cheer us every weekend! but once the games over run along now and let the grown ups do important stuff.." yeah. right.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-24-2010, 10:21 PM
im still behind preki 100%, i am however still very nervous as Mo is at the helm and we are lacking players, i still look forward to waht Preki offers and we'd better not throw him under the wheel as so many people are quick to do

nimamalek
03-24-2010, 10:22 PM
with this current line-up we're the worst team in the league on paper, so I dont know what he is asking us to be positive about?

Ossington Mental Youth
03-24-2010, 10:23 PM
i wouldnt say we are the worst team, i would say least prepared and he has to understand that after the last 3 seasons its difficult to stay positive

Blizzard
03-24-2010, 10:24 PM
What did Mo say about King Tut?

Nothing. He did say that the stories about Said being offered a contract were false.

rocker
03-24-2010, 10:25 PM
im still behind preki 100%, i am however still very nervous as Mo is at the helm and we are lacking players, i still look forward to waht Preki offers and we'd better not throw him under the wheel as so many people are quick to do

the time for talk (by players, coaches, AND fans) is over.
we have a real live games starting up and that's where we'll see.
this has been a very negative offseason (rightly so) but it's time to shut up and see what Preki can do (he says he has a plan).
the complaining has been heard and more complaining isn't going to make a difference.
i just hope on game day people can turn that off and support the team for 90 minutes.

Ossington Mental Youth
its not out of order to suggest that Said may have had sour grapes and lied...

DigzTFC!
Two things could be happening here:

1) Preki could be deflecting attention away from the Mo and the players

or

2) He doesn't quite understand how long TFC has been mismanaged

Either way, if Preki truly believes that the media and fans are a part of the reason why TFC has been unsuccessful, he is headed down a dangerous path. The only thing that the fans and media have done are creating icons out of average players and sustaining the revenue streams for MLSE which has resulted in repetitive oversight on TFC technical management. Anyone who followed this team can see that this is beyond ridiculous to have so few players

Ossington Mental Youth
the time for talk (by players, coaches, AND fans) is over.
we have a real live games starting up and that's where we'll see.
this has been a very negative offseason (rightly so) but it's time to shut up and see what Preki can do (he says he has a plan).

yep im with you and its hard to see what he can do with a lack of players HA

Ossington Mental Youth
03-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Two things could be happening here:

1) Preki could be deflecting attention away from the Mo and the players

or

2) He doesn't quite understand how long TFC has been mismanaged

Either way, if he truly believes that the media and fans are a part of the reason why TFC has been unsuccessful he is headed down a dangerous path. The only thing the fans and media have done have idolized average players and sustaining the revenue streams for MLSE resulting in repetitive oversight of how bad this team has been managed.

I suspect its a matter of number two or hes not willing to speak out against mo as its a matter of unity (although the speculated fight suggests otherwise). Regardless i dont think hes blaming us or the media, hes just asking for a bit of support

reggie
03-24-2010, 10:27 PM
i will cheer for those players on the field until my balls fall off...
but that front office is another thing,what a fucking joke.
they have been looking for a cb and a foward for 2 yrs....wtf
and we should get excited about cann and sarnic.

Boondaddy
03-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Welcome to Toronto Preki - get used to it. But yeah, enough is enough...let's give him the benefit of the doubt and play some football!!

Yohan
03-24-2010, 10:31 PM
i wouldnt say we are the worst team, i would say least prepared and he has to understand that after the last 3 seasons its difficult to stay positive
can you name a team who is worse than we are right now?

Pigfynn
Nothing. He did say that the stories about Said being offered a contract were false.

I never said he said it anything about King Tut. He did however reference comments made by him about the Said contract situation. Comments that as far as I know were NEVER reported to the media or even spoken about anywhere other than message boards.

reggie
i agree let them play...lets talk saturday around 7 pm..

Ossington Mental Youth
03-24-2010, 10:32 PM
With players?
sure, San Jose

johnmolinaro
03-24-2010, 10:33 PM

Tend to agree with you about Preki.

I think it's unfair and premature to throw Preki under the bus at this point before the team even plays a regular season game. He deserves a chance to prove what he can do, and that's why I think it's important to reserve judgement on him until then.

From my experiences with him thus far, he strikes me as a standup guy who's working hard to build a team under difficult circumstances (injuries, lack of roster depth).

To be fair to him, I think his comments about the media not backing the team were spoken out of frustration and he did acknowledge that the team does have to get better on the field (his quote in last graph of my story).

John
http://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro

Pigfynn
03-24-2010, 10:34 PM

Every team in this league has this record right now 0-0-0.

Let's yell and scream when we have a bad loss to yell about, not now when we are needed.

Yohan
03-24-2010, 10:36 PM
With players?
sure, San Jose
I'm not so sure. Opara could be next Omar Gonzalez. Ryan Johnson can put the ball in the net. this Eduardo guy could be a catalyst to their offence. SJ actually has wingers. Joe Cannon can still make miracle saves

at least SJ was proactive and trying to fix their shit

Dirk Diggler
03-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Hey guys,

I think it is completely ass backwards to assume that the negativity from this board is emanating outwards into the real world and/or the press. It is the opposite that is true. The negative and absolutely poor off-season has led to this negativity on the forums ... not the other way around. To be honest, I'm glad that Mo is reading this board ... it means that he is not oblivious to how little support he has with the fans and will not be gobsmacked if he comes across some hostility in the form of protests or whatever else when the season stats.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-24-2010, 10:38 PM
San Jose was dead last last year, Ike isnt coming till may and Eduardo is still untested.
Lets argue about something worthwhile

Pigfynn
03-24-2010, 10:39 PM
I think it is completely ass backwards to assume that the negativity from this board is emanating outwards into the real world and/or the press. It is the opposite that is true. The negative and absolutely poor off-season has led to this negativity on the forums ... not the other way around. To be honest, I'm glad that Mo is reading this board ... it means that he is not oblivious to how little support he has with the fans and will not be gobsmacked if he comes across some hostility in the form of protests or whatever else when the season stats.

If the players feel we are fed up and not behind them...what will this help?

Ossington Mental Youth
03-24-2010, 10:40 PM
To be fair to him, I think his comments about the media not backing the team were spoken out of frustration and he did acknowledge that the team does have to get better on the field (his quote in last graph of my story).

John

I do have even more faith in him knowing the players think so highly of him (the interviews on TFC tv) and i do believe that fans need to recognize that that sort of support isnt just thrown around and is worthy of some patience especially as the damn season hasnt started

Boondaddy
03-24-2010, 10:41 PM
mo created this negative situation, he needs to suck it up and deal. that's part of the job. does he expect us to be a bunch of blow hard fans? everyone here supports the jersey and the team on the field... off the field, why should we have to cheer for a bumbling front office who does a poor job of communicating?

"come cheer us every weekend! but once the games over run along now and let the grown ups do important stuff.." yeah. right.

No one is suggesting that we cheer for the FO...we have no control over that. What we can do is give Preki a chance (season hasn't even started yet) and cheer the boys on the field no matter what hand we've been dealt. That is our job and where we can be heard.

Yohan
03-24-2010, 10:44 PM
I do have even more faith in him knowing the players think so highly of him (the interviews on TFC tv) and i do believe that fans need to recognize that that sort of support isnt just thrown around and is worthy of some patience especially as the damn season hasnt started
Give Preki a chance, lynch Mo, support our lads on the pitch. Got it ;)

Ossington Mental Youth
03-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Give Preki a chance, lynch Mo, support our lads on the pitch. Got it ;)

thats the one right there :D

menefreghista

The players are professionals. If they under-perform due to shit being written on internet forums, we are in even bigger trouble than I first imagined.

Seriously, how can any sane TFC fan not be worried about our off-season?

Thats not even touching the issue of the fact that the people discussing the club on various message boards are a small minority of the 20,000 that fill the seats each other weekend.

ag futbol
If that's the case, Johnston needs to suck it up and realize negative press (and feelings from supporters on message boards) is part of the deal. He's more than willing to play the card of how popular the game is in this town to make excuses about field turf, so now he's going to have to live with the pressure. And if the wheels are really coming off over a few negative press clippings plus internet jabber ... well just hand in your resignation now.

BTW, if i was their agents i'd be squeezing this team for as much as i can get. They're clearly not bargaining from a position of strength. It's one week until the season starts and some un-opportune timing means if we don't get these guys we've got some immediate short term issues to solve. This yet again underscores the problems of the way this team is managed and why you can't do these things 5 days before opening the regular season.

icecoldbeer
03-24-2010, 10:47 PM
Zamperini?? Is he gone too?

H Bomb

this is a non issue. The fans have and will continue to be behind the players. It will be obvious to them in Columbus, painfully obvious in Boston and a certainty at home. So again this is a non issue.

But we are fed up.

DigzTFC!
I don't want Mo reading these boards at all. Everything the masses ask for he delivers. He is seems to play to the fans too much
- We all wanted de Guzman, Serioux, Gerba, DeRo - he got them all
- We wanted rid of Marshall and he was shipped out
- We wanted Amado Guevara - he got him

I wish he just could stick to a plan to develop a team rather than collecting random pieces that create a disjointed starting 11. If Preki has a plan, I would love to hear it. Brian Burke laid out his plan to the public and started to execute it. The fans are giving him the benefit of the doubt and TFC would get them same if they conducted themselves in a similar manner. Instead, we get complete lack of info from the TFC FO and disrespectful treatment of outgoing players.

Pigfynn
03-24-2010, 10:49 PM
I have never said I wasn't worried. Did you see me post "Don't worry lads! we will destroy the opposition"? I am worried, but I'm a supporter and I will support and give them my faith for awhile.

menefreghista
03-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Zamperini?? Is he gone too?

Yup.

Pigfynn
03-24-2010, 10:51 PM
this is a non issue. The fans have and will continue to be behind the players. It will be obvious to them in Columbus, painfully obvious in Boston and a certainty at home. So again this is a non issue.

But we are fed up.

Re -read my post please. Mostly the "IF" and "what will it help?" parts

H Bomb
03-24-2010, 10:52 PM
I am worried, but I'm a supporter and I will support and give them my faith for awhile.

i agree with the first half 100%. they'll get my support, and everyone elses.

but they wont get my faith....there's no reason for it. they are crap. Faith wont change that. better players and competent management will. faith is what we've been working with for the last few years, and they've been poor.

Yohan
03-24-2010, 10:53 PM
I don't want Mo reading these boards at all. Everything the masses ask for he delivers. He is seems to play to the fans too much

I wish he just could stick to a plan to develop a team rather than collecting random pieces that create a disjointed starting 11. If Preki has a plan, I would love to hear it. Brian Burke laid out his plan to the public and started to execute it. The fans are giving him the benefit of the doubt and TFC would get them same if they conducted themselves in a similar manner. Instead, we get complete lack of info from the TFC FO and disrespectful treatment of outgoing players.we asked for Guevara on the boards?

icecoldbeer
Yup.

Mama mia!! :(

Jeff s
I think people need to be patient and wait and see what kind of team they build.

Preki is looking for a specific style of team to manage, and right now he's not getting that from the current squad. Which lets face it, the majority of players here aren't good enough. So making changes is good.

Now, this still doesn't excuse the small roster. A team should be ready BEFORE the season starts, not during it.

But, I say lets just wait and see who he brings in. If its a long wait and the players brought in still don't perform, THAN they deserve every bit of criticism.

H Bomb
03-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Re -read my post please. Mostly the "IF" and "what will it help?" parts

just re read mine as a conversation and not an argument :canada:

menefreghista
03-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Mama mia!! :(

From the sounds of it, TFC are working on signing Saric, Cann and Nane Joseph by the start of the season.

I am starting to wonder if the Gerba issue is delaying these signings.

H Bomb
03-24-2010, 10:55 PM
I think people need to be patient and wait and see what kind of team they build.

Preki is looking for a specific style of team to manage, and right now he's not getting that from the current squad. Which lets face it, the majority of players here aren't good enough. So making changes is good.

Now, this still doesn't excuse the small roster. A team should be ready BEFORE the season starts, not during it.

But, I say lets just wait and see who he brings in. If its a long wait and the players brought in still don't perform, THAN they deserve every bit of criticism.

you literally could have written this post at this point in each of the last three seasons.

track records have to mean something dont they?

Ossington Mental Youth
03-24-2010, 10:55 PM
I am starting to wonder if the Gerba issue is delaying these signings.

prob a very safe bet

Pigfynn
03-24-2010, 10:56 PM
There really isn't anything to argue about H....not a single ball has been kicked in anger or otherwise. We cannot claim the sky is falling..atleast not yet.

menefreghista
03-24-2010, 10:56 PM
I have no problem giving Preki a chance. I just find his comments a bit worrying.

Mo Johnston on the other hand needs to be shipped out ASAP.

H Bomb
03-24-2010, 11:00 PM
oh no, the sky aint falling. but i think its very fair to say that the front office of TFC has been proven inept on a laughable scale.

Yohan

with little (well, not enough) cap room, plus guaranteed contract thing under new CBA, it'll take at least a year to get 'Preki's team)

does that mean this season is a write off? or hope for summer signings to be the saviour?

because clearly right now, this team is not ready, or have enough to be a serious challenger

Nuvinho
Okay, after watching the GolTV special "Toronto FC Spring Training 2010", at the end 2 interesting facts they posted:

1. Paul Dickov signed a 90-day contract with leeds (why would they put 90 days, if they aren't interested in bringing him in still.....they could of just said signed a contract with Leeds)

2. Nana Joesph they said has been offered a contract.

ag futbol
we asked for Guevara on the boards?

Yeah i don't remember this. We probably weren't opposed for it but nobody asked for it.

It just popped up that he might come back to MLS when he was in Honduras.. it went from there.

DigzTFC!
03-24-2010, 11:03 PM
Nane Joseph has been offered a contract.....this is painful. VERY Painful

DigzTFC!
03-24-2010, 11:05 PM
Yeah i don't remember this. We probably weren't opposed for it but nobody asked for it.

It just popped up that he might come back to MLS when he was in Honduras.. it went from there.

Yeah pretty much, but the tidal wave went from there. It was long arduous process to get him to Toronto. It was before we had DeRo (I think) so it was an even more important signing at the time. It was suggested on the forums but not to the degree as the Canadian players for obvious reasons

Yohan
03-24-2010, 11:07 PM
Nane Joseph has been offered a contract.....this is painful. VERY Painful
yeah. i saw nothing from pre season that this kid deserves a spot. plus he takes up an international spot, no? (unless it's a dev contract and in that, int spot doesn't count)

Ossington Mental Youth
03-24-2010, 11:13 PM
i didnt see anything to suggest he didnt deserve a spot he had some good runs and passes and would be adequate cover at a cheap price im sure AND would be willing to prove himself, i think ill trust Preki's view over many others in this forum

Dirk Diggler
03-24-2010, 11:31 PM
you literally could have written this post at this point in each of the last three seasons.

track records have to mean something dont they?

Exactly. All this talk of having "faith" is getting people mixed up. Having faith and being supportive is one thing ... being realistic and not naive is another. Why is it that we are constantly being asked to have faith in some extraordinary reversal of fate at pretty much all the points in the season and the pre-season? At some point you have to go "Okay ... I've seen enough ... don't need to follow it through the absolute end to see where this is going".

It is important to notice trends as soon as they begin to form and not disregard them in the name of faith ... that is called burying your head in the sand. Tomorrow's events are not totally independent of the events that happened today. There is a very strong correlation between the two. I think it was Roogsy who made a comment some time ago about how if someone claims to finish a building in 5 years, you don't have to give them absolute faith till the very last day of the fourth year and hope that they somehow finish the building competently and on time despite what they have shown during the course of that time period.

Boondaddy
03-24-2010, 11:41 PM

I wish he just could stick to a plan to develop a team rather than collecting random pieces that create a disjointed starting 11. If Preki has a plan, I would love to hear it. Brian Burke laid out his plan to the public and started to execute it. The fans are giving him the benefit of the doubt and TFC would get them same if they conducted themselves in a similar manner. Instead, we get complete lack of info from the TFC FO and disrespectful treatment of outgoing players.

yeah I'm sure we had a direct influence in the acquisition of these players :rolleyes:

GBV
03-25-2010, 04:47 AM
Well this is the most important thing said in the article and is the new boss of this team saying it:

He also asked the local media to rally around TFC and provide more positive coverage of the club, especially at a time like this when the team is low on numbers.
"You have to have some type of plan and, believe it or not, I do. It doesn't show right now, but we do have a plan," Preki stated. "We're working … and we're trying to get better. The better thing for us [would be] if we could see the city gather around the team.
"In the short time I've been here, I haven't seen too many positive things around the team. It's a very negative setup around the city in terms of the press and media … [and] unless we get together and stick together — as a city, as an organization here — we're not going to go too far."
Preki later added: "We have to see more positive things on the press side and obviously a better product [on the field] and we're trying to get that there."

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2010/03/24/sp-mls-torontofc-recruits.html#ixzz0j9cYgpbD (http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2010/03/24/sp-mls-torontofc-recruits.html#ixzz0j9cYgpbD)

Positives on field precede positives in press, Preks.
What they see is what they write.

onemanbarmyarmy
03-25-2010, 06:18 AM

I have thought this before. Then I figured that MO was stock piling Canadians. With Van. next season and possibly Mon. after that it would make sense considering the roster rules. He could hold those players for ransom. Maybe if that was so Garber might have forced Mo's hand. I mention that because it makes no sense to release Gerba or trade Serioux when we are sorely lacking in both positions. That being said I will repeat myself and say that JDG was the worst mistake ever made by this club. We had a competent vet DM in Robbo. An up and coming rookie DM in Cronin and we waste a DP spot on a DM. In this league you need quality striking and serviceable defending. A DM accomplishes neither. I could accept a DP 'keeper or even a CB if they were the quality of a Jap Stam or something but DM? It raises the curious question of whether Mo does put more emphasis on pleasing fans as the seats are filled already and ML$E can't make more money so just try and keep the punters happy. It is also a built in defense. "You wanted this team and look, they still can't win." As for the current direction? Who knows what the "F" is going on.

drewski
03-25-2010, 08:02 AM
preki's bitching about the media in Toronto? seriously? this is nothing new. deal with it and move on.

koryo
03-25-2010, 08:05 AM
It's a two-way street Preki. We do understand that you are in a difficult position at the moment but we also know that Johnston made the bed, so to speak.

If you want less negativity, stop handing us shit and telling us its roses.

flambe
03-25-2010, 08:13 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2010/03/24/sp-mls-torontofc-recruits.html

fuuuck, how much could these dudes want?!
Frightens me to think we might not have em signed by sat

My concern here is that Cann and Saric know how poor our roster depth is and could potentially play hard-ball knowing we desperately need players. Then Mo pays over the odds, gives them guaranteed contracts and we're in the same situation next year if they don't work out, hypothetically speaking.....

menefreghista
03-25-2010, 08:18 AM
I read somewhere else that the problem with Saric may be a work permit.

As for Cann, I just cannot see him commanding that much. He is a former USLer, surely we can compensate him nicely without fucking up our cap.

TFC Cityboy
03-25-2010, 08:18 AM
It's a two-way street Preki. We do understand that you are in a difficult position at the moment but we also know that Johnston made the bed, so to speak.

If you want less negativity, stop handing us shit and telling us its roses.

yup. Is this a case of the tail wagging the dog? It's great that this forum appears to hold sway with those at BMO Field, but this is just a fan board, after all. By all means use it to stay connected to the support base and see what we are thinking, but get on with your job of building a competitive club.

Unlike the fan base of many MLS clubs, we are a knowledgable and passionate hardcore breed of football fan, and we will be demanding of club management. If you don't want that from the local media and message boards, you may wish to coach in middle America where the media scrum is Billy Bob and a blackberry.

Deal with it and build a friggin team already- you've had 5 months and done fuck all.

olegunnar
03-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Is it normal for managers of competently run sports clubs or franchises, to publicly respond to message board postings?

I've never heard of that before

This pit keeps getting deeper and deeper.

Beach_Red
03-25-2010, 08:28 AM

Well, it's been MLSE's strategy with all their teams for years, so we should be used to it.

arbogast
03-25-2010, 08:29 AM
I read somewhere else that the problem with Saric may be a work permit.

As for Cann, I just cannot see him commanding that much. He is a former USLer, surely we can compensate him nicely without fucking up our cap.

That's what i thought at first too...but the ball is in the players court.

Were desperate, their agents know it, and can play hard to get.

ManUtd4ever
03-25-2010, 08:36 AM
Preki is going to do whatever he can with the cards he's been dealt. I don't have an issue with his statement considering TFC hasn't even taken to the pitch in a regular season game. Am I optimistic based on the pre-season? Hell no. However, we all know the lack of personnel falls squarely on Mo's shoulders. Preki never made false promises regarding the chances of immediate success. He is simply asking for the media and supporters to be patient and try and stay positive while he tries to implement his system and hopefully the club will respond and get stronger as the year progresses with a few more pieces added to the puzzle. I will not berate Preki until he has been given a fair chance...

brad
03-25-2010, 08:40 AM

We'll see after watching Philly tonight. But probably not.

brad
03-25-2010, 08:44 AM
My concern here is that Cann and Saric know how poor our roster depth is and could potentially play hard-ball knowing we desperately need players. Then Mo pays over the odds, gives them guaranteed contracts and we're in the same situation next year if they don't work out, hypothetically speaking.....

From what I've heard, agents know that Mo is terrible negotiator. I don't think they need the roster depth issue to achieve this.

SoccMan
03-25-2010, 10:28 AM
We wanted to get rid of Marshall realy, he was probably the only decent center back this team has ever known, and to this day still has not been adequately replaced. We played an entire season last year without a proper center back, and are going into this one again without a proper center back. Letting Marshall go was just one of many dumb moves Mo has made. Marshall has fit in nicely with Seattle, here in Toronto we are left with Garcia.

Stouffville_RPB
03-25-2010, 10:31 AM
We wanted to get rid of Marshall realy, he was probably the only decent center back this team has ever known, and to this day still has not been adequately replaced. We played an entire season last year without a proper center back, and are going into this one again without a proper center back. Letting Marshall go was just one of many dumb moves Mo has made. Marshall has fit in nicely with Seattle, here in Toronto we are left with Garcia.

Not saying you're wrong but 99% of people thought Serioux would be a more than adequate replacement.

Shakes McQueen
03-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Tend to agree with you about Preki.

I think it's unfair and premature to throw Preki under the bus at this point before the team even plays a regular season game. He deserves a chance to prove what he can do, and that's why I think it's important to reserve judgement on him until then.

From my experiences with him thus far, he strikes me as a standup guy who's working hard to build a team under difficult circumstances (injuries, lack of roster depth).

John

I'm with you too J-Mo. The guy hasn't coached anything but meaningless games so far, and the full roster still isn't in place.

The fact that he openly admits that it doesn't look like he has a plan, but that he does, is an interesting one.

I think some of us are being too quick to throw this team, and this coach, under the bus. I'm willing to see what his plan is first.

And to the people saying we have the worst MLS team "on paper", I would remind them that last year many outlets (including Soccer by Ives) said that we had one of the best teams in the league "on paper" - and then we started playing the actual games...

- Scott

Yohan
03-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Not saying you're wrong but 99% of people thought Serioux would be a more than adequate replacement.
Serioux was an adequate replacement. except Serioux, just like Marshall, needed a proper CB partner to be most effective.
Marshall had Hurtado as partner. Serioux had Harmse/Garcia/Velez as partner. need I say more? lol

King Tut
03-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Hey guys,

He can say whatever he wants and people can believe whatever they want too. I don't believe any of the bullshit that comes out of Liar Mo's mouth. I have no reason to believe anything he says, considering his outstanding record of lies, since we've been blessed with his presence. I'll always believe my sources and other sources over TFC's PR.

FluSH
03-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Is it normal for managers of competently run sports clubs or franchises, to publicly respond to message board postings?

I've never heard of that before

This pit keeps getting deeper and deeper.

Why in the world are you still here? It baffles me how you continue to come and add nothing...

Shaughno
03-25-2010, 03:49 PM
:rofl:

Alonso
03-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Hey guys,

I couldn't agree more, the team has never needed the fan support more then now. We can't bury our heads in the sand and pretend everything is alright, clearly that's not the case.

But when we're out there in Boston and at BMO their really shouldn't be any negativity. If we accept defeat, hang our heads, or just generally be buzz kills, how can we expect the players to play hard at all times? It would be hypocritical right?

The Reds Never Walk Alone, they shouldn't give up on each other and we shouldn't give up on them.

Alonso
03-25-2010, 06:12 PM
I think it is completely ass backwards to assume that the negativity from this board is emanating outwards into the real world and/or the press. It is the opposite that is true.

I think we can all agree it works both ways, and right now the negativity on our side is way off kilter. If players/coaches/management are reading these threads, their is absolutely no way in my mind that that couldn't effect their mood and/or mentality.

Let's not bury our heads in the sand, but at the same time, let's not be buzz kills. Stay positive mofo's and I think we owe Preki a chance at changing the course of this team.

Alonso
03-25-2010, 06:16 PM
If that's the case, Johnston needs to suck it up and realize negative press (and feelings from supporters on message boards) is part of the deal. He's more than willing to play the card of how popular the game is in this town to make excuses about field turf, so now he's going to have to live with the pressure. And if the wheels are really coming off over a few negative press clippings plus internet jabber ... well just hand in your resignation now.

BTW, if i was their agents i'd be squeezing this team for as much as i can get. They're clearly not bargaining from a position of strength. It's one week until the season starts and some un-opportune timing means if we don't get these guys we've got some immediate short term issues to solve. This yet again underscores the problems of the way this team is managed and why you can't do these things 5 days before opening the regular season.

Here here! >>>> PISS POOR MANAGEMENT!

SneijderOranje
03-25-2010, 06:57 PM
boys of been out of it for awhile but what happened with Said?

Hustle
03-25-2010, 07:06 PM
I think we can all agree it works both ways, and right now the negativity on our side is way off kilter. If players/coaches/management are reading these threads, their is absolutely no way in my mind that that couldn't effect their mood and/or mentality.

Let's not bury our heads in the sand, but at the same time, let's not be buzz kills. Stay positive mofo's and I think we owe Preki a chance at changing the course of this team.

+ 1!

Batman
03-25-2010, 07:21 PM

Agreed. I'm definitely not a Mo fan.. but the negativity has gone way overboard IMHO.

I've love to get 3 games or so in with a few of the new guys.. and the new guys still to be signed. Let's see how it goes.

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

The K-Man!
03-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Guys, I love the passion of all the posts but lets be clear on one thing. After the final match against the NYRB last season, this squad was in serious need of an overhaul. There was a lack of passion, tactical acumen and heart. Preki is the first legit MLS coach we've had and I think he knows the inner workings and what it takes to win more than any of us. I foolishly have faith that there is a plan and that this season will be better in the long run. Come on you reds!!!!!

Brooker
03-25-2010, 07:34 PM
boys of been out of it for awhile but what happened with Said?

According to TFC, they didn't think he was good enough. Never even offered him a contract.

arbogast
03-25-2010, 08:24 PM
Preki was just asked by Nigel on the Fan if Cann and Saric are still with the club and Preki confirmed that only Saric is and is hoping to have him available for Saturday..... cuz ya know, after trading for another central mid today, we apparently need 1 more.

kitchener-TFC
03-25-2010, 11:58 PM
Preki was just asked by Nigel on the Fan if Cann and Saric are still with the club and Preki confirmed that only Saric is and is hoping to have him available for Saturday..... cuz ya know, after trading for another central mid today, we apparently need 1 more.
lol, at least we'll have depth at this position. :o