PDA

View Full Version : Grass update?

mastermixer
03-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Does anyone have any updates on the grass at BMO? There's only 3 weeks until the home opener. I'm no landscaper but doesnt grass need time to set into the ground? Yesterday Preki made a fleeting comment about practicing on the crappy turf.
I would assume the players would like to start practicing on real grass as well.

Parkdale
03-24-2010, 10:47 AM
it's coming very, very soon.

Pachuco
03-24-2010, 11:00 AM
I heard they are playing on concrete for the home opener. Mo shipped out the turf before he talked to a landscaping company about putting grass in BMO.

Ultra & Proud
03-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Mo shipped out the turf before he talked to a landscaping company about putting grass in BMO.

Did we get a 3rd round pick for that too? :D

mastermixer
03-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Wow... every thread on here these days turns into a shitshow lol.

Boondaddy
03-24-2010, 11:14 AM
I heard they are playing on concrete for the home opener. Mo shipped out the turf before he talked to a landscaping company about putting grass in BMO.

LOL....that is one funny post.:D

JuliquE
03-24-2010, 11:15 AM
Don't think they were ever intending to practice at BMO, anyway.. or at least not regular, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

menefreghista
03-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Did we get a 3rd round pick for that too? :D

And we still had to pay for 2/3rds of it. :D

mastermixer
03-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Preki didn't want grass that would just lay around all day so he got rid of it. :rolleyes:

Pachuco
03-24-2010, 11:44 AM
Breaking News:

The deal to bring grass to BMO field has fallen through over 50K!

In Mo's words "They are asking for a hell of alot of money". This offseason, Mo has been busy spending money on making sure BMO has umbrellas on sideline tables, pilons for the field and of course, future pilon considerations which will be accessible after a warehouse sale. It seems that is all BMO field will be getting this year as the budget has been consumed.

olegunnar
03-24-2010, 11:54 AM
This will be the grass' 1st year so it's not fair to have any expectations...just be happy we have grass for a change instead of having to watch teams in Europe play on grass.
Having a full field of grass will take a lot of time (maybe 5 years?) , it's made even harder because we're the only Canadian team in the league, our weather is an obstacle other teams don't have to deal with.
I'm sure they're committed to building a really good foundation though. So this year we'll get the pipes for winter heating of the field, maybe next year we'll add some more pieces, maybe we'll have grass in the 6 yard boxes, the year after we'll add some more....by year 5 I'm sure the whole field will be covered by grass.

If that's not acceptable you need to give your head a shake and be realistic...I mean the Red Bulls have been around for 14 years and they've never had a season with grass...how can we expect one in our 4th year!

Phil
03-24-2010, 11:57 AM
it's coming very, very soon.

I am sure Parky will have some pics if he sees it in.

I know at some ponit soon we will have a tour, pics will be posted.