PDA

View Full Version : Season opener @ Scallywags

canadian_bhoy
03-24-2010, 10:08 AM
For those not going to Joe's for the season opener, some folks who live a litter further north of the downtown core have booked the 2nd floor at Scallywags.

http://www.scallywags.net/

A shotgun express sponsored event. :scarf:

Technorgasm
03-24-2010, 10:10 AM
ITs not a popular thing to do to have TFC viewing parties at alternative places appart from Joes. .

for this reason. . I'M IN!

see the rest of you crazies on the home opener !

JonO
03-24-2010, 10:15 AM
I approve this message

Fort York Redcoat
03-24-2010, 10:17 AM
I hope it's not packed with UFC fans...

canadian_bhoy
03-24-2010, 10:18 AM
I approve this message

What time do festivities start?

canadian_bhoy
03-24-2010, 10:19 AM

Room is booked - we have the whole floor.

All their tv's are belong to us.

JonO
03-24-2010, 10:19 AM
3pm... They have video games too

Technorgasm
03-24-2010, 10:31 AM
can I bring my guitar so I can rock out some GH?
or will they have ports so we can create a guild and rock some WOW?

cuz like. . chicks dig that.

Don Julio
03-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Scally's doesn't show UFC I don't think

MUFC_Niagara
03-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Is the service there better than Joe's?

JuliquE
03-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Will one of the teles be playing the Barça match, as well?!

They overlap, but TFC will likely start during the break at half-time.. so it'd be nice to have a glance at the scoreline and replays, after a goal or a missed opportunity.

Would be my first time joining you lot, be it at Joe's OR at this proposed alternative spot.

Parkdale
03-24-2010, 10:52 AM

They overlap, but TFC will likely start during the break at half-time.. so it'd be nice to have a glance at the scoreline and replays, after a goal or a missed opportunity.

Would be my first time joining you lot, be it at Joe's OR at this proposed alternative spot.

A bunch of the barca guys will be at joes, as they often watch there games there too.

James17930
03-24-2010, 10:55 AM
If I were in Toronto, this is where I would be.

Unless I was at Joe's.

H Bomb
03-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Is the service there better than Joe's?

depends entirely on who you get. The beer is better no doubt. There's a bunch of pudlian crap all over the walls but no ones perfect. Booking the floor is a great idea. I wish i could join y'all

Nodoubtguy
03-24-2010, 10:59 AM

A bunch of the barca guys will be at joes, as they often watch there games there too.

I'll be at Joe's for the Barca game.....and maybe we can get Joe to leave on a small TV for us (on mute of course)

Belfast_Boy
03-24-2010, 11:05 AM
ITs not a popular thing to do to have TFC viewing parties at alternative places appart from Joes. .

for this reason. . I'M IN!

see the rest of you crazies on the home opener !

you're such a shit disturber..... FFS!

see you there!

GabrielHurl
03-24-2010, 11:09 AM

Scallys don't show UFC

Boondaddy
03-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Also KW Company is hosting a large viewing party at Failte Irish Pub in Waterloo. Anyone passing through is welcome! 20$ for a pitcher of Carlsberg and 2lb of wings just for us.

YOU CAN"T BEAT IT.

COYR!!

Parkdale
03-24-2010, 11:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/mike24k/poo_page.jpg?t=1269446801

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ hahahahahahahahh Remember this nugget of awesome?

Boondaddy
03-24-2010, 11:21 AM
The TFC viewing party at Failte is put on by RPB but is open to all fans of course.

JuliquE
03-24-2010, 11:26 AM
I thought I had been banned for a moment, just then -- couldn't submit a reply; logged out and back in, even. heh

Right.. well, I think my decision is made easier to know that there will surely be a decent contigent of Barça fans at Joe's.

Been meaning to check out Scally's though, so I'll try and be out for the next viewing party. Neat you were able to get the whole floor, and that.

Technorgasm
03-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Also KW Company is hosting a large viewing party at Failte Irish Pub in Waterloo. Anyone passing through is welcome! 20$ for a pitcher of Carlsberg and 2lb of wings just for us.

YOU CAN"T BEAT IT.

COYR!!

WHAT A DEAL!~!!!
good work Kay-Dub crew!
maybe a away match / kick about is in order this season?

I believew they will have our own server / bar for this.
Schloobs. . . FTW!

Barca will not be a problemo either.

GabrielHurl
03-24-2010, 11:34 AM
Having watched many games in Scally's - the middle floor sucks

Mikey
03-24-2010, 11:34 AM
Scally's sounds good, count on two more coming! :scarf:

canadian_bhoy
03-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Having watched many games in Scally's - the middle floor sucks

The floor we booked is usually never open for the public - they always hold it for private parties (as far as I know). I've only watched games on the ground floor or the top floor (top floor was crap).

Belfast_Boy
03-24-2010, 11:38 AM
do we have the numbers for this to happen?

GabrielHurl
03-24-2010, 11:47 AM
The floor we booked is usually never open for the public - they always hold it for private parties (as far as I know). I've only watched games on the ground floor or the top floor (top floor was crap).

CB - watched many GAA and Ireland games in that room the last 3 years - the positioning of the TV's is terrible - and as for the service :picard:

nobodybeatsthewiz
03-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=945019#post945019)
It's not really a RPB thing. Just a TFC viewing party for people in the north end of the downtown.

Why is this in the members only lounge? There are people that would like to come who aren't members - so moving this to the members only area freezes them out of the info.

I don't see any reason why its a big deal to have this in the TFC section. It's tfc related and not for members only.

Abe: I'm a member --
Bart: Dad, remember those self-hypnosis courses we took to help us
ignore Grampa?
Homer: Do I ever! It's five years later and I _still_ think I'm a
chicken. I'm a chicken, Marge!
Marge: I know, I know.
Bart: Maybe we should be listening to him now.
Abe: I'm a member!
Homer: Huh?
Abe: What?
Homer: What?
Abe: Huh?

JuliquE
03-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Barca will not be a problemo either.
Damn it, man. Just when I think I have things sorted..

Alright.. is it a problem if I've not yet committed myself as an RPB, for either of these viewing parties?! I'm getting the impression that Joe's is a bit more exclusive than Scally's.

Ideally, it would be nice to join in a few casual gatherings and have things organically build from there.

H Bomb
03-24-2010, 11:55 AM

Alright.. is it a problem if I've not yet commited myself as an RPB for either of these?! I'm getting the impression that Joe's is a bit more exclusive than Scally's.

Ideally, it would be nice to join in a few casual gatherings and have things organically build from there.

yes, it is a big problem.

nahhh dude, it's cool either way. Calling Joes exclusive proves you havent spent enough time at joes though!!:D

Its an away match, so if you live in the north end, or the east end Scallys is probably closer. If you live in the other bits, then Joes would probably make sense. Truth is there will always be people hoping for consistent Joes viewings, and others who really dont care about such things. Either way chances are you'll enjoy yourself...both wins and losses are better with numbers and beer.

Technorgasm
03-24-2010, 11:57 AM
do we have the numbers for this to happen?

oh its happenin !

Its also WORKIES birthday this weekend.

Technorgasm
03-24-2010, 12:05 PM

Alright.. is it a problem if I've not yet committed myself as an RPB, for either of these viewing parties?! I'm getting the impression that Joe's is a bit more exclusive than Scally's.

Organic is the way my friend.
I was just saying recently that I feel blessed by RPBs. . . I was lucky enough to start to get involved in the very early days, but quickly met my lads, and have continued to extend those friendships outside of the bounds of TFC.

This meet-up is just one in a very, very long history of events and memories created over the last 3 years.

you are wlecome either place. . just wait till the home games start !!~

TFC_Junky
03-24-2010, 12:07 PM
My wife and I should be in for this! Getting to Joe's from our place is a bit of a trek...

TFC_Junky
03-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech, if I make it to this party, we need to continue our discussion of the banners for the front rail of 111!

JuliquE
03-24-2010, 12:11 PM
I tend to agree with the idea of supporting those of whom go out of their way to accommodate you.. and so if that's unanimously considered to be Joe's, then I'll likely make it out there for an occasion as big as our season opener.

I'm certain, however, that I'll find myself at Scally's, at some point or another. :)

tfcleeds
03-24-2010, 12:19 PM
CB - watched many GAA and Ireland games in that room the last 3 years - the positioning of the TV's is terrible - and as for the service :picard:

I remember my first ever visit to Scally's - a cold January morning to watch Leeds in FA Cup. I think Six Nations was on, so we were all put up in Mezzo (the name of Scally's second floor). There was something wrong with the windows, they couldn't close properly, so you had all this cold air coming in. The tables were covered with what looked like butcher paper, and my first (and last) experience of the Scally's "footy" breakfast - with ham that tasted like cardboard, and overdone hashbrowns.

After that first visit, I was sure it would be my last. Now, I can't even count the number of times I've been to Scally's, haha. Not saying its a tremendous place, convenient more than anything.

Technorgasm
03-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech, if I make it to this party, we need to continue our discussion of the banners for the front rail of 111!

I hope I jave enough time to finish my new flag. . but YES. . we do need to set some schemes and plans ect ect !

Roogsy
03-24-2010, 12:23 PM
This "trek" to Joes thing is killing me.

The entire York Region chapter is relocating to Joes for Saturday's game.

Us Torontonians are lazy don't cha know? If you can't walk to it, it's not worth going. :p LOL! j/k

The truth is that for the first game of the year, I think it's the one time where the trek should be made as a group. The whole rest of the season, not to mention the ton of EPL, Liga, SPL, Bundesliga, Seria A etc, etc people watch them wherever they want. I watch most matches in my underwear with my pussy on my lap. :D

AL-MO
03-24-2010, 12:24 PM
I'd could make a comment but a proper LDC comment has to come from Rudi. :p

Stouffville_RPB
03-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Us Torontonians are lazy don't cha know? If you can't walk to it, it's not worth going. :p LOL! j/k

The truth is that for the first game of the year, I think it's the one time where the trek should be made as a group. The whole rest of the season, not to mention the ton of EPL, Liga, SPL, Bundesliga, Seria A etc, etc people watch them wherever they want. I watch most matches in my underwear with my pussy on my lap at the Brass Rail. :D

Fixed :D

tfcleeds
03-24-2010, 12:29 PM
sweeet.

oh wait... it's roogsy?

:D:D:D

anyway, the official RPB event is at Joe's, and some other people are watching at Scally's. No at big deal.

it's not like someone's trying to post a 'general tfc fan viewing at the Wheat Sheaf' or anything. that would be trouble.

What? But I thought they really liked us?! ;)

H Bomb
03-24-2010, 12:31 PM
I gotta agree with this....and really, whats another 20 minutes to get to Joe's?

I thought Mo had made it clear these last four years....for TFC the season doesnt start until about a month and a half into the season. I'll see you guys at Joes for our first match.....the one after Dickov signs and Mo gets another extension.

Parkdale
03-24-2010, 12:32 PM
I thought Mo had made it clear these last four years....for TFC the season doesnt start until about a month and a half into the season.

zing!

(it's sad, but true)

TFC_Junky
03-24-2010, 12:36 PM
The only problem with viewing at Joes, is it doesn't hold enough people! Year 1 was great but then they started having issues with being over capacity. How big is the room at scallywags?

Rudi
03-24-2010, 12:42 PM
It's pretty popular for us. :D:p

JonO
03-24-2010, 12:45 PM
The only problem with viewing at Joes, is it doesn't hold enough people! Year 1 was great but then they started having issues with being over capacity. How big is the room at scallywags?
The room we have is not that big because I was honestly not expecting a huge turnout. I have no concept of how many we are, but I think the room capacity is about 40 people or so... but I don't know for sure...

Should be enough to cover us... :noidea:

TFC_Junky
03-24-2010, 01:01 PM
those were just on game days, never for away game viewings.

I remember being there for away games and the season 2 charleston tournament and not being able to move in there!!! How many are expected at Joes?

Jack
03-24-2010, 01:11 PM
I expect there will be a bunch of Red Patch Boys at Scallywags, from the look of things.

Good to know there will be great support around the city and we can spread the love.

I'm sure both events will be great.

JonO
03-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Meh - this isn't a competition. A few of us who life further north have plans after the game so going to Scally's just gives us a chance to enjoy the game with some like-minded peeps.

Enjoy Joes! Enjoy Scallys! Heck, enjoy columbus for those who are going!

Besides... no roogsy at Scally's :p

Technorgasm
03-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Lookin fwd to seein YOU Jono. . its been a while since our trip to Highway 61 !!!

Roogsy
03-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Besides... no roogsy at Scally's :p

Pfft...that's a MINUS not a PLUS! :lol:

canadian_bhoy
03-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Lookin fwd to seein YOU Jono. . its been a while since our trip to Highway 61 !!!

Oh man. Not sure when we'll do this, but we need to do a Scally's followed by HWY 61

OR

We book the upstairs of HWY 61 for a game and have a TFC Ribfest!!!! <<< holy fuck that's a good idea.

tfcleeds
03-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Oh man. Not sure when we'll do this, but we need to do a Scally's followed by HWY 61

OR

We book the upstairs of HWY 61 for a game and have a TFC Ribfest!!!! <<< holy fuck that's a good idea.

Excuse me...but I do believe the next "Meat Up" idea was for Copacabana...;)

Haha, anyways, anytime you guys wanna go, I'm there.

Wagner
03-24-2010, 08:24 PM
I sense a bit of a split...like nWo.
Hollywood vs. Wolfpac.

Still nWo, just slightly different.

Parkdale
03-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Hollywood vs. Wolfpac.

^ I really don't follow that analogy at all. I haven't watched wrestling since Jake the Snake was put in a Cobra Clutch (that he got out of, obviously)

and It's not like that. some people are just choosing to watch the first game of the season at a bar that's closer to them. some other people are probably watching it from their couch. not a big deal.

canadian_bhoy
03-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Hollywood vs. Wolfpac.

Nah. The Shotgun Express is not a group - it's kinda the opposite.

It's just a bunch of dudes who like to watch football and have a good piss up while doing it.

I'll let Terry explain it. Don't say don't.

joEk21QwnZk

canadian_bhoy
03-25-2010, 08:46 AM
Excuse me...but I do believe the next "Meat Up" idea was for Copacabana...;)

Haha, anyways, anytime you guys wanna go, I'm there.

I'm just worried that if we're up near Yonge and Eglinton that Techno is going to burn down the main event.

jabbronies
03-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Even though I don't live close to Scallywags anymore, but I'll be there!

Also..

KEEP IT ON TOPIC.
I'VE DELETED ALL MENTIONS OF JOE'S FROM THIS THREAD. KEEP IT IN THE JOE'S THREAD IF YOU WANT TO DRUM UP SUPPORT.

Thanks,

Chewy Unikronik
03-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Book it!

Belfast_Boy
03-25-2010, 10:36 AM
you're such a shit disturber..... FFS!

see you there!

sorry plans have changed, will be hitting Joes for this one.

JuliquE
03-25-2010, 01:51 PM
KEEP IT ON TOPIC.
I'VE DELETED ALL MENTIONS OF JOE'S FROM THIS THREAD. KEEP IT IN THE JOE'S THREAD IF YOU WANT TO DRUM UP SUPPORT.

Thanks,
Missed this; please remove/disregard my post.

JonO
03-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Book it!
Consider it booked

canadian_bhoy
03-25-2010, 03:40 PM
Consider it booked

Huzzah!

http://www.bareflix.com/stonecutters/Stonecutter_homer.jpg

JonO
03-26-2010, 02:22 PM
See all y'all tomorrow. I said we'd probably show up between 3:00 and 3:30... Yee haw!!

sully
03-27-2010, 10:52 AM
great... Scalliwags it is so!

Oblio2
03-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Wish I was there.
Have fun guys......

canadian_bhoy
03-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Big thanks to Jono for organizing and thanks to everyone that made it out!

Great to see a lot of familiar faces some great surprises (kelzag + pete) nice of mlsintoronto to poke his head in too.

Heineken was nice on tap.

We'll be setting up more of these throughout the season. Will keep people posted.

boban
03-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Approx how many showed up?

canadian_bhoy
03-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Approx how many showed up?

20-25. The bar was also busy with another 20 or so TFC fans.
It was a good turnout. Good beers, good time.

Should be lots of fun when we're playing in a bigger game.

Razor
03-27-2010, 07:22 PM
^^ it was good see everyone again.

thanks to Jon-O for booking the room.

Auzzy
03-28-2010, 11:17 AM
^ Agreed, thanks for organizing this! It was much better to be watching THAT game at Scallywags, rather than alone at home in frustration.

jabbronies
03-28-2010, 09:38 PM
20-25. The bar was also busy with another 20 or so TFC fans.
It was a good turnout. Good beers, good time.

Should be lots of fun when we're playing in a bigger game.

I counted 30 at one point.

JonO
03-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Glad everyone had a good time... If we can get a headcount earlier, maybe we can arrange for more waitstaff, although the wait wasn't too bad...

T-Bird
03-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Thanks for organizing this JonO

Was good to see you folks again as well!

canadian_bhoy
03-29-2010, 08:39 AM
I think Techno had the best comment of the day "Get better at Soccer!!!".

canadian_bhoy
03-29-2010, 08:56 AM
For anyone looking to come to the next match.

I don't think we are booking the room for the NE game. A lot of folks are either out of town or at the match.

For those interested, I think we'll still be at Scallywags, but will just be in the regular bar. All are of course welcome!

Jack
03-29-2010, 08:58 AM
Glad it went well!

I will definitely be checking this out next time :D

Red CB Toronto
03-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Is their any requirements/guarantees that they have for booking the room.

canadian_bhoy
03-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Is their any requirements/guarantees that they have for booking the room.

You have to put up a deposit. As long as your food/drink orders exceed the deposit, you're good to go. Just their way of making sure they get their money's worth.

I think it's only a couple hundred bucks, so we had it covered pretty easily.