PDA

View Full Version : Around 500 TFC Fans Expected On Saturday, What Kind Of Fans Will They Be? (blog)

Boris
03-23-2010, 11:15 PM
http://crewonespot.blogspot.com/2010/03/3232010-around-500-tfc-fans-expected-on.html

First off, I was happy to see that a better than expected number of TFC fans are coming down to the game on Saturday, which is good because it helps with the overall atmosphere and the spurious nature of Crew opening weekend (I guess you take the good with the bad on that part). As just having away fans always makes any game more interesting no matter if it's TFC, Chicago, or D.C. United. 500 is a pretty good number considering the larger TFC groups, Red Patch Boys and U-Sector, have decided not to come as a group. The NEE! are still coming and apparently a bunch of randoms are coming; hopefully not the randoms who caused troubles last season trying to fulfill their hooligan fantasies. But, I have some concerns about the group of people that might be showing up. Either they're a bunch of 40 and 50 year olds not attached to the groups and have no clue that RPB and U-Sector are boycotting this game. Or there a bunch of teenagers and 20 something's that despite what the RPB's or U-Sector decided to do, decided to come to Columbus because they get off on causing a ruckus with Columbus fans and possibly even the cops.

Anyways, lets say that out of the group of 2,000 TFC fans last year, there were 200 down on the concourse that wanted to exchange profanities and whatever else with Crew fans. I think it's more than likely that those 200 will be back again compared to some of the TFC fans (RPB and U-Sector) that said enough of this, I'm going to New England. So, more than likely half of the TFC fans will be oblivious older adults just looking for an enjoyable time and the other half will be all the troublemakers from last year.

Just hope security is on top of it this year despite the smaller number of TFC fans. And, I might be totally off and everyone will just enjoy the match. Either way, I figure security will be on top of it this year because the Crew front office will want to keep the venue safe for all fans. But, it may not matter in terms of turning off some families, because some Crew families just skip out on this game and start their Crew season at the next one.

Yohan
03-23-2010, 11:25 PM
so... what was the point of this blog again?

Boris
03-23-2010, 11:26 PM
none really...just interesting to see that they desperately need us

Boondaddy
03-23-2010, 11:50 PM
I think many crew families skip the second and third matches as well lol

CretanBull
03-23-2010, 11:50 PM
At least there's recognition on their part that we aren't the ones responsible for the problems....

BC101
03-23-2010, 11:51 PM
500? where did they get that number from? and really? LOL.

zeelaw
03-23-2010, 11:58 PM
meh, did u see JDG's interview he thinks the same amount are going

MUFC_Niagara
03-23-2010, 11:58 PM
I am one of the 500....

BC101
03-24-2010, 12:02 AM
I am one of the 500....
wish I was but iam just gonna go watch that with the hawk and some others...iam pissed though cos last year JJ and I were standing in our section and we saw this fuckin minger... I pointed at her and we died laughing and she looked up and saw me pointing and us laughing LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.. Sick times... Every year I go back there i see one minger worse than the last.

Iam sorry iam missing it this time.

MUFC_Niagara
03-24-2010, 12:17 AM
Me too BC101! It's always a good bit craic when you and I are at TFC together!

BC101
03-24-2010, 12:21 AM
Me too BC101! It's always a good bit craic when you and I are at TFC together!
Montreal be there LOL. Antics guaranteed.

FluSH
03-24-2010, 12:34 AM
wait... at first I thought this was 500 going to New England...

AL-MO
03-24-2010, 12:46 AM
Boris...

Do not EVER post anything from crewture on this messageboard. I feel dirty just reading it.

Please & Thanks.

AL-MO
03-24-2010, 12:54 AM
There won't be 500 fans. I'll guarantee that.

Less than 200.

BUT....I am wondering how many fans that piece of shit from proway is sending across the border???

Doug...care to chime in on this board as you have on the U-Sector board?

Super
03-24-2010, 01:02 AM
I love how this blogger basically calls for security to be on their toes. Yeah, that'll help matters. Seems to me that was the problem in the first place: aggressive cops and security.

AL-MO
03-24-2010, 01:10 AM
Its Crewfighter Super. I wouldn't even consider him a blogger. Just a wannabe Ultra douchebag from Clown town.

Super
03-24-2010, 01:46 AM
Its Crewfighter Super. I wouldn't even consider him a blogger. Just a wannabe Ultra douchebag from Clown town.

Alright, duly noted. Not a big surprise - knowing where it comes from.

FluSH
03-24-2010, 07:17 AM
I love how this blogger basically calls for security to be on their toes. Yeah, that'll help matters. Seems to me that was the problem in the first place: aggressive cops and security.

Well if they (Columbus Supporters) come to Toronto... our City's finest need to repay the hospitality that we experienced in Columbus last year.

Maybe take out the Tazer guns, pepper spray, the horseback patrols, maybe even show them our helicopter as well...

That would make my day.

Gixmo
03-24-2010, 07:24 AM
^^^ Good point, who's Air Wolf under contract to this year? :)

However, While I agree it's a Tit for Tat environment, The old adage of kill them with kindness can only work here. I'm not suggesting we go up and hug Bill Archer but if we treat them respectfully, and give them stick in a proper manner, we are the higher of the 2 groups and it will look good on us.

I have my doubts/reservations about ClownTown - Last year was insane crazy and downright dirty. It's something I'll tell my children about. We're better then this though. JDG touched a good point though, which I tried unsuccessfully to lobby in a CTown thread at one point (Hey Roogsy I'm looking at you! :) )

As JDG says, The team appreciates our support - When we sacrifice this trip to make a point the Crew FO will realize what is so wrong with their gameday experience. Maybe, just maybe, they've up'd their game for 2010 and we'll return at some point.

Either way, Good luck to those who are going, stay safe and be mindful but most of all - Represent the team accordingly

Technorgasm
03-24-2010, 07:30 AM
Cheap beer, cheap ladies, cheap city and TFC football. . whats not to like?

hope we get a result!

Section 117
03-24-2010, 07:31 AM
500? where did they get that number from? and really? LOL.

I spoke to a ticket rep in Columbus he said that there is roughly 500 tickets sold in the supporter section. I am one of them. Unfortunately, this year this is the only away trip I can get to.

FluSH
03-24-2010, 07:33 AM
Well I am not returning to Columbus this year... unless it's a playoff push.

I prefer to go to New England with the rest of the group... after 4 visits to Columbus I need to take a break from the abuse and racial slurs...

Boris
03-24-2010, 07:45 AM
i believe that this number is inflated with tickets sales from our friend at proway...just a guess

RedsYNWA
03-24-2010, 07:47 AM
I will be in Columbus with 4 friends

Gixmo
03-24-2010, 07:54 AM
Proway.. Wannabees :)

I will be in Columbus with 4 friends

Good luck, Be safe!

mlsintoronto
03-24-2010, 07:58 AM
I'm hearing slightly more than 100. What's the proway story?

106-12
03-24-2010, 08:00 AM
I will be in colunbus with 2 friends and hopefully we will reach 500 and more our team needs us and we should be thier.

nascarguy
03-24-2010, 08:03 AM
the way tfc played in the CCC they should be lucky if anyone show up...

Shaughno
03-24-2010, 08:04 AM
I will be in colunbus with 2 friends and hopefully we will reach 500 and more our team needs us and we should be thier.

Come back safe Adel... Blazers don't need any injuries. :lol:

Eastend
03-24-2010, 08:06 AM
I have also heard that number (500) from outside this board a few days ago....don't remember from where exactly, sorry. It is what the Crew FO is saying though.

sarsippius
03-24-2010, 08:09 AM
I'll be there too, but I am going to be wary of those around me all the same. I think what's-his-name from the Crew blog that Boris posted will only be marginally right if those who have an agenda for trouble show up and be idiots (or apparently if a baby boomers supporters group ("The Red Patch Gentlemen", mayhaps?) decides to show en masse). I plan on watching my football and cheering loudly, buying some inexpensive beer, but also coming and going as quietly as I can. If everyone else does the same I am hopeful for a good time.

Mikey
03-24-2010, 08:13 AM

Well.... the alleged story I hear is that "Doug" is an asshole and has been threatening supporters groups if they are seen to be publicly organising their own coaches.

But maybe thats not what you meant....:D

sarsippius
03-24-2010, 08:41 AM
Well.... the alleged story I hear is that "Doug" is an asshole and has been threatening supporters groups if they are seen to be publicly organising their own coaches.

I feel the Proway Team WAY overcharges for a low cost trip. My mates and I are renting a car, driving down, staying at a high quality Hotel in the Arena District, eating and drinking for 1/2 of what they are charging. From what I see, they don't offer anything special that you can't get yourself for far less.

Rudi
03-24-2010, 12:52 PM
i believe that this number is inflated with tickets sales from our friend at proway...just a guess

I feel the Proway Team WAY overcharges for a low cost trip. My mates and I are renting a car, driving down, staying at a high quality Hotel in the Arena District, eating and drinking for 1/2 of what they are charging. From what I see, they don't offer anything special that you can't get yourself for far less.
Doug's PR 101 course being put to full use (http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector/index.php?showtopic=12807).

tfcleeds
03-24-2010, 01:00 PM
I went with Proway to Columbus in 2008, only because by that time all supporters' buses were fully booked and it was basically a last minute decision to go. All I can say after that experience is never again.

And yes, it wouldn't surprise me that Proway (and/or the Columbus FO) is trying to goose the numbers for their own purposes.

Roogsy
03-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Where is this dude pulling his "percentages" from?

50% of this, 50% of that = this percentage of troublemakers.

Man...everyone knows that the definition of Statistics is: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Ryan1984
03-24-2010, 01:07 PM
i will be there with about 14 guys. Crew Front office said yesterday around 200 is what they are expecting

Shaughno
03-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Doug's PR 101 course being put to full use (http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector/index.php?showtopic=12807).

LOL gold Jerry, GOLD! Somehow I had missed that one.

sarsippius
03-24-2010, 01:10 PM

Complete gold, agreed. Is it true that they didn't show up on time?

Rudi
03-24-2010, 01:12 PM
It was originally part of the "New Bus?" thread, but I split it off (and re-titled it) so that legit info would not be overshadowed by that clown.

Shaughno
03-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Ahhh so that's why, I stopped checking that thread probably right before he decided to show up LOL.

Poor Doug and his shady ways. I hear some guy and his shitty email (proway@rogers.com) is having marital problems. Could it be true?

:rofl:

tfcleeds
03-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Complete gold, agreed. Is it true that they didn't show up on time?

They didn't get to Columbus in time in 2008 (well, they did for the actual match, but not the tailgate, which was widely advertised by them as being one of the key features of the trip). In addition to being held at the border because one guy didn't have proper documentation (in addition to being thoroughly sauced by the time we got to Buffalo), being pulled over for speeding, the loo being out of commission on the way back (because it hadn't been emptied during the game - yeah, imagine 50 people not being able to use the loo after drinking litres of bevvies before, after, and during the game), getting lost in Mansfield, OH trying to find the way to some crappy buffet restaurant...yeah, that trip was epic alright.

Roogsy
03-24-2010, 01:26 PM
They didn't get to Columbus in time in 2008 (well, they did for the actual match, but not the tailgate, which was widely advertised by them as being one of the key features of the trip). In addition to being held at the border because one guy didn't have proper documentation (in addition to being thoroughly sauced by the time we got to Buffalo), being pulled over for speeding, the loo being out of commission on the way back (because it hadn't been emptied during the game - yeah, imagine 50 people not being able to use the loo after drinking litres of bevvies before, after, and during the game), getting lost in Mansfield, OH trying to find the way to some crappy buffet restaurant...yeah, that trip was epic alright.

:lol:

Oh man...that is quite the story!

Rudi
03-24-2010, 01:29 PM
:lol:

Oh man...that is quite the story!
In 2008, I had a TFC staffer text me that he was still on the ProWay bus on the outskirts of Columbus, and that was 15 minutes before gametime when the rest of us were all jumping around in the stands awaiting kick off.

They got to the game five minutes late.

sarsippius
03-24-2010, 01:31 PM

Sorry to hear it was such a mess (and that was a real, true, honest mess by the sounds of things).

Auzzy
03-24-2010, 01:32 PM

Thanks so much for posting that link here. Hadn't checked that board in a long time. Haven't laughed that hard even longer. Guys here at work are like, WTF is so funny...

Would love to hear afterwards how that turns out...

TorCanSoc
03-24-2010, 01:32 PM

Less than 200.

BUT....I am wondering how many fans that piece of shit from proway is sending across the border???

Holy crap. Proway? Food and prizes on the ride down? A bag of bagels sent down from the front, seriously. Prizes was a raffle for $10 off coupon at the duty free.

:picard:

Rudi
03-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks so much for posting that link here. Hadn't checked that board in a long time. Haven't laughed that hard even longer. Guys here at work are like, WTF is so funny...

Would love to hear afterwards how that turns out...
I'm almost hoping that he shows up on the 10th and tries to stop our bus.

JonO
03-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Took a quick look at the thread and it might be worth considering a few proactive steps (although I'm not sure what they could be). The guy sounds like a total douche who is not above causing shit for U-Sector for his own personal gratification...

Probably just me being overly cautious though...

Rudi
03-24-2010, 01:36 PM
Took a quick look at the thread and it might be worth considering a few proactive steps (although I'm not sure what they could be).
Both us and RPB have already taken those steps.

He's just being a shit disturber.

Boris
03-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Took a quick look at the thread and it might be worth considering a few proactive steps (although I'm not sure what they could be). The guy sounds like a total douche who is not above causing shit for U-Sector for his own personal gratification...

Probably just me being overly cautious though...

yup.
We are fine.

He can cry all he wants but he has nothing but bitch to do......

AL-MO
03-24-2010, 01:38 PM

How did you of all people miss this?? :D

JonO
03-24-2010, 01:39 PM

yup.
We are fine.

He can cry all he wants but he has nothing but bitch to do......
:flare::scarf:

Good stuff!! too bad I have to take a pass on this trip

Whoop
03-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Nah, the trip to DC in '08 was more legendary. LOL

Shaughno
03-24-2010, 01:42 PM
How did you of all people miss this?? :D

Was too busy in the 'other' thread from that Crew dude LOL

Roogsy
03-24-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm almost hoping that he shows up on the 10th and tries to stop our bus.

My guess is that he will try something more underhanded, like making some sort of false accusation that tries to get your bus stopped by TICO or someone else. It seems to be the way he works. I doubt he will be there in person, that's not how sneaks like him work.

tfcleeds
03-24-2010, 01:46 PM
In 2008, I had a TFC staffer text me that he was still on the ProWay bus on the outskirts of Columbus, and that was 15 minutes before gametime when the rest of us were all jumping around in the stands awaiting kick off.

I'm sure a few of the buses did get there late. Our bus got there about 30 mins. before gametime, but as it happens, Doug was also on that bus (along with the National Post reporter who wrote that article sensationalizing the pre-game activities).

For those who don't know what Doug looks like: imagine a short, creepier version of Richard Kiel as he appeared in Happy Gilmore.

CretanBull
03-24-2010, 02:14 PM
For those who don't know what Doug looks like: imagine a short, creepier version of Richard Kiel as he appeared in Happy Gilmore.

I guess that's why the comments about his wife looking for dick hit so close to home!

sarsippius
03-24-2010, 02:21 PM
I guess that's why the comments about his wife looking for dick hit so close to home!

I'll never hear the word "convoy" again and not think of that post.

scooter
03-24-2010, 02:23 PM
i thought we were boycotting this game to send a message to columbus and their crew why are rpb's going

benficafc
03-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Your so hot

Phil
03-24-2010, 02:31 PM
i thought we were boycotting this game to send a message to columbus and their crew why are rpb's going

We just chose to look to New England as a road trip.

People want to support the team but we are not going to be planning a trip to every city. New England has much more appeal than Columbus, but we should be able to get all unresolved issues taken care of and return.

koryo
03-24-2010, 02:36 PM

Can't...stop...laughing...

Blizzard
03-24-2010, 02:51 PM

A buddy of mine was on that same trip with ProWays and they missed the kick-off AND were told to be at the bus ASAP after the final whistle so those folks got absolutely zero fun out of that trip apart from the match itself (which wasn't really all that much fun I seem to recall).

Everytime someone wanted to smoke, they pulled off and let them smoke. They spent way too much time at a meal break.

He was incredibly frustrated and said, as many have, never again with ProWays.

Stouffville_RPB
03-24-2010, 02:52 PM
With the outstanding job that the away team does why would anyone look anywhere else?

Rudi
03-24-2010, 02:56 PM
With the outstanding job that the away team does why would anyone look anywhere else?
Er, most of the chatter is about U-Sector's planned trip and Douchebag Doug's attempts to pour water on it.

Both groups do an excellent job, but some times the trips fill up.

bgnewf
03-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Let me repost what I posted in reply to him over on U Sector:

QUOTE (Doug from Proway @ Mar 24 2010, 11:23 AM)Very mature guys. All I have to say is good luck getting your bus out of BMO parking. Have a nice day.

You know Canadians are generally a pretty forgiving lot. And even with all the trouble TFC fans had with Proway last season with the poor service and broken promises you made, I could forsee someday you getting business back from a group like ours, or other supporters groups for that matter. We are a pretty happy bunch and we forgive.

But you go out of your way to come on here and utter veiled threats, threaten legal and police action, quote the provincial legislation governing your industry (which we are in compliance with by the way) and essentially try and literally SCARE up some business.

You could have come on here and professionally dealt with the concerns your customers stated about your service, but you chose to be an ass. BIG FUCKING MISTAKE.

I think I speak for all U Sector when we say that not only will you never give you a dime of business but we will go out of our way to fuck you over at each and every opportunity to do so in the years ahead.

You made it personal, and now the gloves come off fuckwad.

Go fuck yourself.

Sincerely

HTB

Nomad
03-24-2010, 03:32 PM
You know Canadians

You are dead to me. :D

MartinUtd
03-24-2010, 03:33 PM

Less than 200.

A buddy just sent me that link.. funny stuff. But how is everyone so sure its the proway guy?

Kevvv
03-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Quacks like a douche, walks like a douche...

Rudi
03-24-2010, 03:45 PM
He pretty much confirmed it himself several times in the thread.

If it's someone else, well then it was worth the comedy.

james
03-24-2010, 08:16 PM
didnt Proways leave to get to the game at something like 6:30 am while the Red patch Boys and Usec busses left around 4-5am? Stupid Proways all they had to do was leave earlyer to make sure everyone was on time and they couldnt even do that!

Blizzard
03-24-2010, 08:25 PM
didnt Proways leave to get to the game at something like 6:30 am while the Red patch Boys and Usec busses left around 4-5am? Stupid Proways all they had to do was leave earlyer to make sure everyone was on time and they couldnt even do that!

Yes, you're right. I recall discussing the trip with my buddy and expressing concern that they were leaving so late.

jazzy
03-24-2010, 09:06 PM

My wife and I, on a bus arrived about 1/2 hr before game time, we stopped somewhere to switch driversand lost time, everyone was almost puking drunk before the game and some a-holes were actually swearing and challenging crew fans as we drove in, and these fans were just quiet kids that were actually offering us burgs and dogs. My wife was almost ruined for anymore trips and I was close to destroying a few of our so called fans, I was embarrassed. So we missed any tailgating, saw the game, then boarded the bus and talked the driver in driving straight home instead of the shitty buffet. He just asked to stop somewhere for a smoke/food break. The driver was a good guy and flew back, after the negative fans we encountered it was too bad. It so stupid because there were a bunch of single girls lookin to party on the bus, but these guys offered nothing and the girls were bored. Never again Proway.

JohnWalter
03-24-2010, 09:57 PM
>> 500 is a pretty good number considering the larger TFC groups, Red Patch Boys and U-Sector, have decided not to come as a group.

Pretty Good? How about EXTRAORDINARY... What's the largest number of Columbus fans to come to Toronto? Like 5? I remember one big fat dude and like 3 of his buddies showed up one time, that was it...

>> trying to fulfill their hooligan fantasies.

Hmmm... Which MLS team has a supporter group called the Hudson St. Hooligans?

FluSH
03-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Let me repost what I posted in reply to him over on U Sector:

QUOTE (Doug from Proway @ Mar 24 2010, 11:23 AM)Very mature guys. All I have to say is good luck getting your bus out of BMO parking. Have a nice day.

You know Canadians are generally a pretty forgiving lot. And even with all the trouble TFC fans had with Proway last season with the poor service and broken promises you made, I could forsee someday you getting business back from a group like ours, or other supporters groups for that matter. We are a pretty happy bunch and we forgive.

But you go out of your way to come on here and utter veiled threats, threaten legal and police action, quote the provincial legislation governing your industry (which we are in compliance with by the way) and essentially try and literally SCARE up some business.

You could have come on here and professionally dealt with the concerns your customers stated about your service, but you chose to be an ass. BIG FUCKING MISTAKE.

I think I speak for all U Sector when we say that not only will you never give you a dime of business but we will go out of our way to fuck you over at each and every opportunity to do so in the years ahead.

You made it personal, and now the gloves come off fuckwad.

Go fuck yourself.

Sincerely

HTB

Unbelivable... I just checked this today. This guy has absolutely no business getting involved with the supporters... this will be a battle he will not win... He better stick to CasinoRama pickups...

tfcfanboy420
03-24-2010, 10:26 PM
I hope theres gunna be 500+

Ill be there rockin the Red, LOOKOUT!

dow117
03-24-2010, 11:37 PM
I for one ( all for one ) am dissapointed that NEE are going to Clownbus after the treatment in Year 1 by the local douchebags ... these guys deserve a total boycott in their opener. Let them fill their own stadium ( which they cannot do with a winning team ). They need us but we don't need to be tasered and disrepected ... so go to Boston or Chicago which are real cities !!!

MUFC_Niagara
03-24-2010, 11:57 PM
Well, to be fair, the guy that got tasered deserved it. None the less, the police there need to learn how to deal with a football crowd.

FluSH
03-25-2010, 07:16 AM
Well, to be fair, the guy that got tasered deserved it. None the less, the police there need to learn how to deal with a football crowd.

The guy that got tazered in Columbus? Believe me man I was there before and after... I know what went down and have first accounts from the accused... I heard the cops laughing it up...

If you want on Saturday I'll breakdown what really happened.

He was a victim... his friend may have acted like a douche... but that guy was harmless...

Section 117
03-25-2010, 07:53 AM
I was at both games in Columbus last year and I can say that the Columbus FO was a lot better organized the second time around... That being said the Columbus police are a completely different story. I had an altercation with a police officer as he was watching me the whole game waiting for an excuse.

I spoke to the Columbus FO after the fact and expressed my concerns about this and I actually had a confrence call with the head of security at Crew stadium, someone from the their police dept. and a ticket rep. I explained they have 100,000 people go watch a OSU football game and they have issues with 2000 people from Toronto.

When I booked my tickets this year, I was speaking to the rep and he said that they are a lot better prepared and the police should be fine unless provoked which IMO is just like anywhere else.

I will let everyone know how it went when i get back Sunday night

Nomad
03-25-2010, 07:59 AM
I for one ( all for one ) am dissapointed that NEE are going to Clownbus after the treatment in Year 1 by the local douchebags ... these guys deserve a total boycott in their opener. Let them fill their own stadium ( which they cannot do with a winning team ). They need us but we don't need to be tasered and disrepected ... so go to Boston or Chicago which are real cities !!!

It doesn't matter the team or the treatment. We don't care. Where they go we follow.

I was outside in Columbus when everything went down. I think i have a different viewpoint than some of your brethren.

tfcfanboy420
03-25-2010, 08:01 AM
Section 117, you spoke with Ticket Reps? Do they have any plans for a TFC Support Section? I hope all the Red can sit together. Otherwise it could be a little rough with Red randomly sprinkled all around the pitch.

Lets all migrate to and Empty Section. There should be plenty of room, Its only Coulmbus after all.

See you all on Saturday.

Steve
03-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Unbelivable... I just checked this today. This guy has absolutely no business getting involved with the supporters... this will be a battle he will not win... He better stick to CasinoRama pickups...

Doesn't ProWay have some kind of relationship with MLSE? Isn't his provocation of supporters' groups a little across the line? Would Paul "DJ Pauly B" Beirne be able to express MLSE's concern over the inappropriate behavior of our of their business partners?

Just saying.

Section 117
03-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Section 117, you spoke with Ticket Reps? Do they have any plans for a TFC Support Section? I hope all the Red can sit together. Otherwise it could be a little rough with Red randomly sprinkled all around the pitch.

Lets all migrate to and Empty Section. There should be plenty of room, Its only Coulmbus after all.

See you all on Saturday.

We are sitting behind the net that is their away section so that is where I am sitting. I will be there with 4 guys. i will probably show up 45 mins for kick off see if there is a tailgate if not straight into the stadium. It's me plus 4

Gixmo
03-25-2010, 09:07 AM

Just to put it out there, being 15 feet away when it happened & watching the fall out completely from behind Mr. TazerGiver himself, I'm gonna have to disagree with that. The guy with him perhaps deserved it far worse then the guy who got it... Buddy was just wrong place, wrong time when the trigger finger got happy. There were lots of things that 'happened' and we all know the fall out. The people who let the a smoldering situation turn into a fire deserve it more :) Really, at the end of the day, there was no need for anyone to suffer the consequences this young man did however the lessons learned from that day are applied as we go forward. Let's stick to facts. If you there, speak of it - If you weren't, it's folklore/urban myth

... But that's old and irrelevant, back on topic

Good luck to those Saturday, Be safe - Document your thoughts & experience and submit it to the News Team !!

FluSH
03-25-2010, 09:44 AM
It doesn't matter the team or the treatment. We don't care. Where they go we follow.

I was outside in Columbus when everything went down. I think i have a different viewpoint than some of your brethren.

To make it clear,

Noone is saying we (RPB) won't ever go to Columbus once again. Personally for me this is a political issue over the treatment of supporters by other FO's around the league... other supporter groups have had political positions as well including walkouts.

You could have had every viewpoint possible. I wish I would've had a viewpoint instead of expericing what went down... If my fellow supporters want to spend cash there like nothing happened last year... I can't stop them.

-FluSH

Chewy Unikronik
03-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Honestly, I'm sick of hearing this now. If you do not know what happened, or what brought this on, perhaps you should keep quiet.
Seriously.

It has been almost a year now, yet you continue to make the same ignorant comment.

Nomad
03-25-2010, 10:31 AM
To make it clear,

Noone is saying we (RPB) won't ever go to Columbus once again. Personally for me this is a political issue over the treatment of supporters by other FO's around the league... other supporter groups have had political positions as well including walkouts.

You could have had every viewpoint possible. I wish I would've had a viewpoint instead of expericing what went down... If my fellow supporters want to spend cash there like nothing happened last year... I can't stop them.

-FluSH

That's fine, i was addressing his comment on how he was disappointed.

On that note, i was standing 5 feet away from you.

FluSH
03-25-2010, 10:33 AM
That's fine, i was addressing his comment on how he was disappointed.

On that note, i was standing 5 feet away from you.

I don't doubt it... There were lots of people standing nearby... some people had to stay a few extra days...

Nomad
03-25-2010, 10:37 AM
There were people outside before the match ended. About 20 as i recall.......

tfcfanboy420
03-25-2010, 11:11 AM
We are sitting behind the net that is their away section so that is where I am sitting. I will be there with 4 guys. i will probably show up 45 mins for kick off see if there is a tailgate if not straight into the stadium. It's me plus 4

Thanks for the Info 117, but do you already have tickets? How did you get them?

Rochdale
03-25-2010, 12:04 PM
There's 15 of us leaving tomorrow. We got our tickets by calling The Crew direct. $15 per ticket behind the goals.

Section 117
03-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the Info 117, but do you already have tickets? How did you get them?

I will pm you the contact info

kaos197O
03-25-2010, 02:33 PM
wait... at first I thought this was 500 going to New England...

I just bought my tickets today from Kyle (the away support section rep) over in New England and he said that they have sold 190 tickets for the TFC Supporter's section now. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. Here's hoping we scrounge up 300 more or so............

Detroit_TFC
03-25-2010, 02:35 PM
There's 15 of us leaving tomorrow. We got our tickets by calling The Crew direct. $15 per ticket behind the goals.

The South End seats are normally $20, so you got the group rate.

FluSH
03-25-2010, 02:48 PM
I just bought my tickets today from Kyle (the away support section rep) over in New England and he said that they have sold 190 tickets for the TFC Supporter's section now. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. Here's hoping we scrounge up 300 more or so............

Believe me you are not the only one... Although we will be making a subsequent purchase of tickets soon...

DichioTFC
03-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Columbus here we come!!

sarsippius
03-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Interesting - just got a call from the Columbus Crew FO - they wanted to make sure that I had everything I needed for the trip down and that I didn't have any questions.

That's different!

JDG
03-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Interesting - just got a call from the Columbus Crew FO - they wanted to make sure that I had everything I needed for the trip down and that I didn't have any questions.

That's different!

Probably giving you one more chance to ask about what can't be brought into the stadium so when you get there and they search you they can say "you should have known".

Have a good trip. Stay safe.

Section 117
03-26-2010, 01:23 PM
FYI spoke to ticket rep from Columbus as he called to see if anything for my trip.

He advised that as of 1:00 200 tickets have been sold to TFC fans. He told me that is what they normally get for travelling fans from DC and Chicago

TFC HSV
03-26-2010, 01:50 PM
I went with Proway to Columbus in 2008, only because by that time all supporters' buses were fully booked and it was basically a last minute decision to go. All I can say after that experience is never again.

And yes, it wouldn't surprise me that Proway (and/or the Columbus FO) is trying to goose the numbers for their own purposes.

I went as well. Tailgating which was heavily advertised, with you guys and others supporters groups no less didnt happen. We arrived a couple of minutes before kick off.

To be honest the impression I got from everyones favourite travel rep was that this was in co-ordination with RPB et al.

The prizes on the bus were done at the boarder for a free muffin or something like that.

I wont go with them again thats for sure.

Parkdale
03-26-2010, 01:52 PM
The prizes on the bus were done at the boarder for a free muffin or something like that.

a free muffin? where do I sign up?

TFC HSV
03-26-2010, 01:57 PM
doug will hook you up.

on the plus side we had 2 rpbs on our bus who were cool guys. bus no 2.
we also made it on time which is more then some could say

SmokedPanda
03-26-2010, 01:58 PM
a free muffin? where do I sign up?

they should offer free muffs after all the negative reviews to make it right

TFC HSV
03-26-2010, 02:03 PM
they should offer free muffs after all the negative reviews to make it right

lmao. Its funny cause its true