PDA

View Full Version : Budgie Tribute on TFC website

TFC111
06-17-2008, 08:40 PM
One of the banners is even pictured: http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/fans/blogs/kick_about/

Hey is the game on Saturday on at the same time as the Italy game? I am wondering if a lot of the Woodbridge crew are gonna be dumping their tickets.

andyc
06-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Carl Robinson was at Budgie's funeral today - he's pure class...

FluSH
06-17-2008, 08:51 PM
The Toronto Sun had a good article written about Budgie today... very touching.

James Oliphant
06-17-2008, 09:14 PM
I wonder if now's the time to start naming stands? I know Budgie wasn't a TFC legend, but he was a member of the Blizzard/Metros-Croatia, a Canadian sports legend and a true ambassador for the game of football in this country.

It's my own idea, and I only half-heartedly support it due to the fact that he's not an ex-TFC , but I wonder what everyone else thinks...should we at least informally name one of the stands at BMO Field after Budgie?

stretchthetruth
06-17-2008, 10:39 PM
I wonder if now's the time to start naming stands? I know Budgie wasn't a TFC legend, but he was a member of the Blizzard/Metros-Croatia, a Canadian sports legend and a true ambassador for the game of football in this country.

It's my own idea, and I only half-heartedly support it due to the fact that he's not an ex-TFC , but I wonder what everyone else thinks...should we at least informally name one of the stands at BMO Field after Budgie?

nice

Carts
06-18-2008, 01:30 AM
I'm glad people respected the moment of silence...

And I'm glad that the moment, and our banner tributes were noticed by not only those who knew and respected Budgie, but those who didn't - and it has opened their eyes to the person (in a small way), and the Canadian footy figure he was...

Carts...

shwade
06-18-2008, 02:53 PM
who writes these blogs?

canadian_bhoy
06-18-2008, 03:55 PM

IMO, that takes it a step too far.
he was a great ambassador for the canadian game and the tributes last Saturday were immense, but I think its a stretch to name a stand after him.

AL-MO
06-18-2008, 04:32 PM
*Goosebumps*

Glad our efforts didn't go unnoticed. Wish I could get a bigger version of the photo in the blog.

Toronto_Bhoy
06-18-2008, 04:37 PM

The sentiment is nice…but no.

If we are going to name stands after players they have to be very, very special and they would have to have played for TFC…IMO…

maninb
06-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Yeah Budgie was a great lad, but he didn't play for TFC..So naming a stand section for him IMHO is over the top, but as someone who played against him, and knew him a wee bit, through multiple post-game drinking sessions, we could name one of the beer stands in his honour! Which I'm sure he would have loved!

Roogsy
06-18-2008, 09:18 PM
I agree...naming a stand after Budgie might be a bit much. I think the most appropriate thing would be to support his inclusion in the Hall of Fame.