PDA

View Full Version : DeGuzman doesn't look happy

Corpand
03-23-2010, 02:51 PM
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

If our DP player says this is the first time he has ever experienced such a shitty pre-season with so few players signed, nothing good can come from this.:picard:

Ossington Mental Youth
03-23-2010, 02:54 PM
yeah, thats not news, he said that last week, several other people have too, noones happy about it, hardly news tho

ManUtd4ever
03-23-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm glad to hear it. If he was happy with the current state of affairs then that would be cause for concern regarding his competitive nature...

jabbronies
03-23-2010, 03:03 PM
I guess no one told him we won't be going to Columbus in the huge numbers that we did last year

Nuvinho
03-23-2010, 03:03 PM
game against Colorado? He doesn't seemed focused...I wouldn't be focused as well...if I knew that we don't have enough of players to compete.

Nuvinho
03-23-2010, 03:04 PM
3 times he said, "we don't have the right numbers".

nimamalek
03-23-2010, 10:08 PM
didnt seem like a big deal at all, he was just mentioning that they didnt have the numbers. You guys are making way too much out of this

Nuvinho
03-23-2010, 10:16 PM
I am watcing Toronto FC today, and I see a few players I don't recognize.....one guy with dreads, a few shorter smaller guys (could be academy guys), and who is #31.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-23-2010, 10:39 PM
awesome but be warned it could be old footage

Super
03-23-2010, 11:01 PM
awesome but be warned it could be old footage

Yes, especially loved yesterday's episode of Toronto FC Today where we beat FC Dallas 4-0 in last Saturday's game.

Just kidding. Almost.

[NBF]
03-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Usually, you don't get depressed about going to work unless you dread the person in charge of running the workplace. If it's a shit show and its out of your hands, it can be detremental to anything you do, because it always feels like disgusting situation. I have one question about this 2010 roster with the few impact Canadians on the team.

If 2010 is the worst year in TFC history, Is it possible that DeGuzman, DeRosario, Attakora, and O'Brien White decide to leave to Vancouver? Maybe they tank the year to get a mutual termination from the team.

Beach_Red
03-24-2010, 10:17 AM
;944873']Usually, you don't get depressed about going to work unless you dread the person in charge of running the workplace. If it's a shit show and its out of your hands, it can be detremental to anything you do, because it always feels like disgusting situation. I have one question about this 2010 roster with the few impact Canadians on the team.

If 2010 is the worst year in TFC history, Is it possible that DeGuzman, DeRosario, Attakora, and O'Brien White decide to leave to Vancouver? Maybe they tank the year to get a mutual termination from the team.

That's a pretty dangerous approach. I spent last year working on a TV show and some of the actors (and crew) were very unhappy with the people running it but everyone knew if the did any less than their absolute best it would come back to bite them in the ass. And athletes only have a few years to make a lot of money.

And really, soccer is having such a tough time getting taken seriously in the US if it got out that players tanked a season because they didn't like their boss that would be worse than a steroid scandal. Every NFL player hates their boss...

ManUtd4ever
03-24-2010, 10:27 AM
;944873']Usually, you don't get depressed about going to work unless you dread the person in charge of running the workplace. If it's a shit show and its out of your hands, it can be detremental to anything you do, because it always feels like disgusting situation. I have one question about this 2010 roster with the few impact Canadians on the team.

You gotta be kidding me right? :facepalm:

Fushida
03-24-2010, 12:32 PM

I know this was a joke, but you rated OBW on the same tier as the other three??! I mean, I know we're used to over-rating our players, but OBW? What has he done at all to deserve this? What exactly is with the lovefest for OBW?? How is he at all better than Barrett in any way that so many hate Barrett but seems to think this guy is any better?

Yohan
03-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Only difference between White and Barrett right now is that White has missed less sitters than Barrett. I think Barrett has better positioning and awareness than White actually

Ossington Mental Youth
03-24-2010, 01:48 PM
just block NBF, your life will get better

Fushida
03-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Good... at least I know I'm not going crazy here. From what we've seen of White, I'd be more than happy to have Barrett playing rather than him.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-24-2010, 03:23 PM
White has played very little and was out of shape. I like his potential ALOT, give it time and he will be scoring some goals for us

Fushida
03-24-2010, 03:31 PM
I'd like to think there was some potential, but the guy is 23. From the few games in Charleston, he still seems lethargic, slow to the ball, slow to react, slow in general, has a horrible touch, doesn't take shots, can't pass, can't dribble, can't header, can't make space, can't beat opponents, and doesn't seem to want the ball. We know from last year that he seems to know where the net is, but its not much good when you can't get the ball. Even the one thing I liked about him last year, which was his ability to run off defenders, he seems to have lost this preseason. So right now I see absolutely no positives.

To be honest I was hopeful when he first started last year, but I certainly didn't see what the hype was about. Mo may be considered a good drafter but this guy at #4 (or was it #3)? What a joke.

ManUtd4ever
03-24-2010, 03:33 PM
I'd like to think there was some potential, but the guy is 23. From the few games in Charleston, he still seems lethargic, slow to the ball, slow to react, slow in general, doesn't take shots, can't pass, can't dribble, can't header, can't make space, can't beat opponents, and doesn't seem to want the ball. We know from last year that he seems to know where the net is, but its not much good when you can't get the ball.

To be honest I was hopeful when he first started last year, but I certainly didn't see what the hype was about. Mo may be considered a good drafter but this guy at #4 (or was it #3)? What a joke.

Last year Mo drafted Cronin and Frei ahead of White. He was taken late in the first round. Nonetheless, White needs to prove that he was worthy of a first round selection this season...

Fushida
03-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Last year Mo drafted Cronin and Frei ahead of White. He was taken late in the first round. Nonetheless, White needs to prove that he was worthy of a first round selection this season...

I think Frei was taken #13. White was right behind Cronin at either #3 or #4.

EDIT:
http://web.mlsnet.com/mls/events/superdraft/2009/draft_tracker.jsp

There we go, #4.

Nuvinho
03-24-2010, 03:36 PM
#2 Cronin, #4 White, #13 Frei

ManUtd4ever
03-24-2010, 03:41 PM
I stand corrected...

olegunnar
03-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Good... at least I know I'm not going crazy here. From what we've seen of White, I'd be more than happy to have Barrett playing rather than him.

I agree
I had hoped that he was super slow last year because of his injury...but he's supposed to be healthy now and he looks almost slower.
The pre-season action I've watched so far has been filled with JDGs through balls and passes...to where a quicker striker would be...that end up looking like passes to no one.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-24-2010, 03:46 PM
once again ill reiterate that a) its a different game from the NCAA, it takes time to adapt and im certain he will and b) dude tore an acl and arrived late and not quite game fit

to each their own, im certain he will produce in time, not high numbers but enough to make him valueable

Fushida
03-24-2010, 03:49 PM
once again ill reiterate that a) its a different game from the NCAA, it takes time to adapt and im certain he will and b) dude tore an acl and arrived late and not quite game fit

to each their own, im certain he will produce in time, not high numbers but enough to make him valueable

I certainly hope so. Don't have an agenda against the guy or anything.... just saying that as of now, I'd rather play another midfielder than put him up front to lose the ball.

[NBF]
03-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Ossington Mental Lapses:
just block NBF, your life will get better

I thought you were cool, but I guess you're not.

http://rlv.zcache.com/see_ya_later_alligator_shirt-p235916009930249560qzgc_325.jpg

Fushida:
I know this was a joke, but you rated OBW on the same tier as the other three??! I mean, I know we're used to over-rating our players, but OBW? What has he done at all to deserve this? What exactly is with the lovefest for OBW?? How is he at all better than Barrett in any way that so many hate Barrett but seems to think this guy is any better?

C'mon now, whos saying OBW is at the same tier as DeGuzman? I didnt say that, I just pointed it out that Vancouver can be seen as an option for any one of our current Canadian players who's disgruntled.

What I saw last season of OBW is that he's playing like a rookie, let him get a few more games in then we can judge him. Who knows maybe he's one of those kids that develops into a good 10 goal striker. I wish him good luck.

Personally, I cheer for any Canadian on any team, because I know that theres only a few good players and a bunch of serviceable backups. I don't think I would like any of the Canadians to leave the club that I choose to support, but considering the differences in management between Vancouver and Toronto. I could see any one of our TFC players jumping ship for a more stable environment.

ua-kozak_TFC
03-24-2010, 04:25 PM
great stuff... JDG pretty much said implicitly that MO is incompetent...

I can u blame him? 5 main figueres left that ate a lot of on field time left... and no reinforcements.... Robbo, guevara, serioux, vitti and gerba...

:picard: Expect a signing in a 4 weeks and then 2 month of bad results exused by "the team is gellin"...
i can;t want for this season to be over so once and for all mo can be fired...

Roogsy
03-24-2010, 04:27 PM
i can;t want for this season to be over so once and for all mo can be fired...

I am not as extreme as you as I am actually looking forward to this season despite all the drama and heartache that will undoubtedly come with it.

However, I agree with you about the end of the season. I swear, I have nightmares about another debacle of a season but when the moment comes, MLSE will decide to keep Mo around. I think I might lose it completely...

Davenport
03-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Wouldn't you if you were him ?
I imagine Johnston spun him a bullshit line about improvements and signings.
Only to be disappointed........
........like the rest of us.