View Full Version : Two Canadians. Curious if it is worth it to pick them up

Cas87
03-22-2010, 09:43 PM
Tomasz Radzinski
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomasz_Radzinski

Kevin McKenna
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_McKenna

A Striker and Defender, two needs we desperately need to attend to
Granted I know Radzinski is old (36) but he would be the one (maybe two) year stop gap in order to mature O'Brian White and possibly kick Barrett in the ass and get him going

McKenna on the other hand is a steady and somewhat offensive defender (exact defensive position I don't know, but I am sure we can make him fit at CB) and he is younger (30) and McKenna with Attakora and Wynne (possibly with Gomez) looks like a good back line.

Just my two cents, and some food for thought

:canada:

Oldtimer
03-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Radzinski prob would want DP money, even though he is getting older.

KezmanCCCC
03-22-2010, 09:51 PM
i would love to see both of them playing for toronto fc.... i dont really care what anyone else says lol.... radzinski has the scoring touch that we greatly need... and kevin mckenna is an experienced defender... i would prefer him over adrian cann... i dont think radzinski would come play here though... he is married to a belgian woman and hes playing there now.... im sure hes there to stay... maybe he would still play here...

deschamp86
03-22-2010, 09:52 PM
McKenna is still getting some games in Bundesliga so he's not likely. Someone who is a possibility is Paul Stalteri.

He hasn't played much at all this year (though he was injured).

Both Radz and Stalteri said they would never play in Toronto so long as there was turf... So why not try them now?

BakaGaijin
03-22-2010, 10:46 PM
McKenna would be an excellent pick up. He would be a solid defender in MLS and he has even played a bit of striker in the past for Canada and for his club team in Scotland if I recall correctly.

He would be useful offensively on corners and set pieces.

Blizzard
03-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Tomasz Radzinski
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomasz_Radzinski

Kevin McKenna
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_McKenna

A Striker and Defender, two needs we desperately need to attend to
Granted I know Radzinski is old (36) but he would be the one (maybe two) year stop gap in order to mature O'Brian White and possibly kick Barrett in the ass and get him going

McKenna on the other hand is a steady and somewhat offensive defender (exact defensive position I don't know, but I am sure we can make him fit at CB) and he is younger (30) and McKenna with Attakora and Wynne (possibly with Gomez) looks like a good back line.

Just my two cents, and some food for thought

:canada:

I'd grab Rad in a second if I thought we could afford him. Maybe not DP money but he'd definitely want a good dollar unless his love for home overcame his money aspirations.

Maybe we can ask him to do it for Bishop Marrocco!

zeelaw
03-22-2010, 11:31 PM
McKenna won't come but maybe its time to get Radzinski... but I think we could put that cash somewehre better.

TFC The Hague
03-23-2010, 06:29 AM
Radzinski won't come. He's injured at the moment and just chose to settle in Belgium (his wife is Belgian), where he wants to return to top flight football with Lierse SK. So don't even doubt his chances to come to TFC.

fetajr
03-23-2010, 08:43 AM
no thanks to both

ginkster88
03-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Honestly, this team needs to be blown up and rebuilt... signing more players to big, guaranteed deals needs to stop. At this point I wouldn't mind following the Leafs' example, a few years of planned mediocrity building up to a hopeful future. Unfortunately this team doesn't have the tradition to afford continued failure, and the pressure is on to deliver. Additionally it lacks trustworthy leadership with a clear-minded vision... I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Edit: I say big, guaranteed deals because that's Mo's track record for signing players with any overseas experience. Each would be at least $175k and probably more, and it would probably also be guaranteed.

tfcmanu
03-23-2010, 09:58 AM
I'd grab Rad in a second if I thought we could afford him. Maybe not DP money but he'd definitely want a good dollar unless his love for home overcame his money aspirations.

Maybe we can ask him to do it for Bishop Marrocco!

BISHOP MARROCCO BLAST FROM THE PAST...Myself and Radz played on the Marrocco/Merton soccer team together, Radz was nothing special on the junior team, However he became a great player as he matured...Graduating class of 1992 anybody else on these boards?:D

http://www.tcdsb.org/schools/bishopmarroccothomasmerton.asp

[NBF]
03-23-2010, 11:16 AM
I like Radzinski, but if we wanted to sign him, we should have done it in 2007, at this point, to sign him would be like signing paul peschisolido in 2007. just a tad bit old and also to ask him to play 1 year in Toronto without a signing bonus would be pointless.

Nikolas Ledgerwood, now he's only 25 years old and has only played in 16 games for Frankfurt. He might be someone worth investing in since his current contract with Frankfurt expires in June 2010.

:scarf:

ballerz
03-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Radzinski can play in the MLS. He still have a decent strike rate even with age. How much money was he getting playing for 2nd division Belgian League? I'd pay him what we saved in Robbo and Ali G.

billyfly
03-23-2010, 06:53 PM
BISHOP MARROCCO BLAST FROM THE PAST...Myself and Radz played on the Marrocco/Merton soccer team together, Radz was nothing special on the junior team, However he became a great player as he matured...Graduating class of 1992 anybody else on these boards?:D

My boss (seldom on these boards) is class of 91.

Blizzard
03-23-2010, 06:58 PM

I was working in the school one day and just happened to see Radz in one of the class composites on the wall. I pointed it out to a colleague who was quite impressed that a future national team star had gone to the school.

Ya, he really blossomed with the St. Catharines Roma Wolves in the NSL and then with the North York Rockets of the CNSL .... and then it was off to Belgium I do believe.

Ontario Arab
03-23-2010, 08:05 PM
I give Radz a try for sure......he defo brings experience, that cant be argued...and I think he still has a season left in the tank.

Cas87
03-25-2010, 12:22 PM
New Name -->

Simeon Jackson:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simeon_Jackson

Think we could get him off of Gillingham (especially if they get demoted to league two) for non-DP but DeRo type money?

I honestly would love to see the front line of OBW and Simeon Jackson with Barrett off the bench at the end of the game

Shaughno
03-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Are you kidding? He's a huge prospect and has had trials with some major clubs. Why would he move to TFC if he has a chance to move to clubs like Villa, etc?

Steve
03-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Are you kidding? He's a huge prospect and has had trials with some major clubs. Why would he move to TFC if he has a chance to move to clubs like Villa, etc?

Enough with your reality!

azzuri4stars
03-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Are they as shit as the other Canadian Gerba????????

Parkdale
03-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Are they as shit as the other Canadian Gerba????????

hey, that's some awfully negative posting for someone who just started posting this month.

or wait.... ? Old habits die hard?

azzuri4stars
03-25-2010, 06:31 PM
hey, that's some awfully negative posting for someone who just started posting this month.

or wait.... ? Old habits die hard?

Okay listen. I hope TFC has a good season. I have been supporting them from day 1. I am a season ticket holder (6 seats). In total I pay some half decent $$$$$$ for my tickets. I just want to see improvemnt on this team. Believe me I want to see this team succeed. But if you look at the preseason, if you look at the roster - we have deducted Guevera, Vitti, Gerba and now Wynn (Who I live and felt was the overall best player on this team) what is thee to get excited about? Who have we added? Is Mo palnning on bringing someone or is it going to be more of the same previous 3 years?

trane
03-25-2010, 06:45 PM
^ Wynne was the overall best player on the team????? If TFC was a track team maybe.

jloome
03-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Actually, I think Preki's making some pretty smart moves. The fact that Mo's hobbled them under the cap is the real issue here, or we might have signed Kayizi to add some offense and maybe given Ijeh more than one game. (though I doubt it, as he didn't look workhorse material, despite his record in Scandinavia.)

But I like Harden, Peterson, LaBrocca. Hard-working, talented young guys. That's a sign of things moving in the right direction.

The issue now is whether Preki will get the support to land a striker and a more dependable centre half, or if he's actually sold on Garcia.

(And perhaps, whether we're all wrong about Garcia, because, as some have suggested, his downside can be minimized in a discplined backline.)

We need at least one more wide player as well.

jloome
03-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Okay listen. I hope TFC has a good season. I have been supporting them from day 1. I am a season ticket holder (6 seats). In total I pay some half decent $$$$$$ for my tickets. I just want to see improvemnt on this team. Believe me I want to see this team succeed. But if you look at the preseason, if you look at the roster - we have deducted Guevera, Vitti, Gerba and now Wynn (Who I live and felt was the overall best player on this team) what is thee to get excited about? Who have we added? Is Mo palnning on bringing someone or is it going to be more of the same previous 3 years?

All that bitching under your old sign in and you STILL have six season seats? Weird sorta self-flagellation, that.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-25-2010, 07:08 PM
All that bitching under your old sign in and you STILL have six season seats? Weird sorta self-flagellation, that.

haha..I think i know who this is.....almost positive!

oxygenatedbrain
03-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Gee, he am bac(k)?

olegunnar
03-25-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm all for going after canadians...but at this point there really are very very few that fit into the MLS mold.
They either can't cut it...ala Braz and Reda and Hemming etc. etc....or their resume is too good to warrant signing for $70-$180K, the MLS middle class, even if they are on the downslope of their career.
We need to find the Will Johnsons and the Andrew Hainaults and Jackovic's, not the DeRos, Gerbas, Radz, McKennas (insert almost any other Canadian playing in Europe).

That's what's got us in this mess....Mo's penchant for overpaying a few old guys and then having very little money left and next to no flexibility. Then when his overpaying doesn't pay off...(all the time) we suck...and Mo lies and cuts players.

That's also why I think we should all be concerned about the whitecap's and the impact's academy set ups. Once the rules change, and they will....they'll lose their best players to Europe, but have a pipeline of MLS caliber Canadians to stock their roster

So back on the point of this thread, I like Radz and McKenna...but don't want them at TFC. Their abilities, while many, do not warrant the percent of our salary cap we'd need to use to bring them here.

Cashcleaner
03-25-2010, 09:28 PM

At first I thought this was Giambac posting, but when he mentioned that Wynne was the overall best player on the team, I'm starting to now think he's Mighty. :noidea: