PDA

View Full Version : Early Season Predictions!

Globetrotter
03-22-2010, 08:07 AM
Here's your chance... when are we scoring our first goal? point? win? How do we look in the first month?

2-0 (or 3-0) loss to Columbus.
0-0 vs NE
1-1 vs Philly
2-1 win vs Colorado
2-2 vs Seattle (maybe 2-1 seattle).

Slow start to a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong season. What do you think?

Eastend
03-22-2010, 08:19 AM
ok, my forecast.....

1-0 loss v Columbus.
0-0 vs NE
1-0 win v Philly
2-1 win v Colorado
1-1 vs Seattle

I see low scoring games to start the season....unless we sign some superstar in the next few days/weeks that's been in hiding.

Juanito
03-22-2010, 08:26 AM
My prediction: 5 points in those five games. I have NO expectation of this squad. Sad times boys.

felipe
03-22-2010, 08:29 AM
wow, you guys are way too optimistic...seriously, with the squad we have currently - I don't think we'll have any points in the first five games...

RedsYNWA
03-22-2010, 08:30 AM
2-0 Loss Columbus
1-0 Loss New England
1-0 Win Philly
1-1 Tie Colorado
0-0 Tie Seattle
0-1 Loss Montreal (MO GETS FIRED after game)

2 Goals for, 5 Points....but Mo is gone

Shaughno
03-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Really? Considering our past with NE and both of you put it down as a draw... IN NEW ENGLAND? We're like 0-3 with a goal average of like -12 in NE... or something close anyway.

I figure we'll lose 3-1 or so in NE. Crew will be a 1-1 or 2-1 game, closer than GT predicted anyway.

Eastend
03-22-2010, 08:31 AM
wow, you guys are way too optimistic...seriously, with the squad we have currently - I don't think we'll have any points in the first five games...

I guess I look at the pint as half full, not half empty. Gotta be optimistic or else why bother supporting the team and/or going to the games....right?

Globetrotter
03-22-2010, 08:32 AM
^redsynwa... who's that avatar?

felipe
03-22-2010, 08:35 AM
*I dunno...expecting all 5 to be losses - means I'll be ecstatic if we end up with a nil-nil draw somewhere....

Yohan
03-22-2010, 08:43 AM
2-0 loss @ Columbus
1-1 draw @ NE
1-1 draw vs Philly
2-0 loss @ Colorado
2-0 loss vs Seattle

Oldtimer
03-22-2010, 08:46 AM
2-0 Loss Columbus
1-0 Loss New England
1-0 Win Philly
1-1 Tie Colorado
0-0 Tie Seattle

:flare::flare::flare:

Nuvinho
03-22-2010, 08:57 AM
I swear I posted this prediction in here earlier this morning...I maybe going blind or something, but here is what I predict.

4-0 loss @ Columbus
2-0 loss @ NE
0-0 draw vs Philly
2-0 loss @ Colorado
2-0 loss vs Seattle

notice we don't score any goals.

olegunnar
03-22-2010, 09:01 AM
I swear I posted this prediction in here earlier this morning...I maybe going blind or something, but here is what I predict.

4-0 loss @ Columbus
2-0 loss @ NE
0-0 draw vs Philly
2-0 loss @ Colorado
2-0 loss vs Seattle

notice we don't score any goals.

I'd say Columbus scores 3, and Seattle scores 3 as well. Besides that I agree with your prediction.

Oldtimer
03-22-2010, 09:08 AM
We should be able to beat Philly, at least:

The expansion Union faced off against the newly formed FC Tampa Bay Rowdies of the North American Soccer League at the University of Tampa in their final preseason clash, a game they lost 1-0.http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/66/united-states/2010/03/22/1843789/goalcommmentary-two-new-beginnings

Unlike Seattle, Philly is a new club, and should be as bad as RSL and TFC were their first year. Losing to a brand new D-2 team shows this.

Shaughno
03-22-2010, 09:22 AM
^^ Preseason and it don't mean shit until they step out on the field for Gameday. Their team on paper at least, will walk all over our team I'm afraid...

Globetrotter
03-22-2010, 09:30 AM
^on paper our team looks ok... but having watched them work together, we know otherwise.

Yohan
03-22-2010, 09:39 AM
We should be able to beat Philly, at least:

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/66/united-states/2010/03/22/1843789/goalcommmentary-two-new-beginnings

Unlike Seattle, Philly is a new club, and should be as bad as RSL and TFC were their first year. Losing to a brand new D-2 team shows this.
if I was Nowak, this is the team I'd field (barring any injuries)

----------------Seitz
---------Thomas-Cailiff-Orozco
-Zimmermann-Okubo-Miglioranzi-Salinas
-----------------Fred
------------Moreno-Le Toux

Subs
-Knighton (GK)
-Harvey (D)
-Jacobson (M)
-Torres (M)
-Mwanga (F)

That's not a bad set up by MLS standards, though they will need another striker and maybe another CM. Their #1 pick Mwanga might turn out to be a real threat striker

Philly will deffo give a good fight, esp with TFC problems

DangerRed
03-22-2010, 09:45 AM
The first game will be the worst trouncing. I'm guessing 3-1 or so. We'll drop another to New England, we'll probably lose to Seattle and we should beat the Union. The other one's a toss-up.

It's going to be a long year. Now, I'm off to get those single-game tickets.

:scarf::flare::scarf::flare::scarf::flare::scarf:

Globetrotter
03-24-2010, 08:17 AM
I'm guessing we'll finish near the bottom.

14. Toronto
15. Philadelphia
16. San Jose

Another year down the drain.

Oblio2
03-24-2010, 08:27 AM
My prediction

2-0 Loss v Columbus.
2-0 Lossvs NE
0-0 tie v Philly
1-0 Loss v Colorado
2-1 Loss vs Seattle

Davenport
03-24-2010, 08:40 AM
You can't win games if you can't score goals.
It's going to be a long season.
NO chance of play-offs.

koryo
03-24-2010, 08:42 AM
3-0 loss v Columbus
2-0 loss v New England
1-0 loss v Philly
1-0 loss v Colorado
3-1 loss v Seattle

Razor
03-24-2010, 08:51 AM
3-nil Columbus
3-nil NE
1-1 Philly
2-nil Colorado
3-nil Seattle

That's right...we score 1 goal in 5 games.

Mo has to go.

azzuri4stars
03-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Here's your chance... when are we scoring our first goal? point? win? How do we look in the first month?

0-0 vs NE
1-1 vs Philly
2-1 win vs Colorado
2-2 vs Seattle (maybe 2-1 seattle).

Slow start to a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong season. What do you think?

The makeup of this team is poor from top to Bottome. A half ass mananager in Mo, a new coach, a shit load of average to below average players. It's hard to believe that this team caould be worse than in the previous 3 disappointning seasons, but in actual fact they are.
My prediction is taht this team will come dead last in their division.
But hey give MO a break. He is only in year 4 of his 5 year plan. What can we expect:facepalm:

Parkdale
03-25-2010, 02:59 PM
The makeup of this team is poor from top to Bottome. A half ass mananager in Mo, a new coach, a shit load of average to below average players. It's hard to believe that this team caould be worse than in the previous 3 disappointning seasons, but in actual fact they are.
But hey give MO a break. He is only in year 4 of his 5 year plan. What can we expect:facepalm:

where's all this negative energy coming from?

are you new here? you seem might familiar.

Steve
03-25-2010, 03:04 PM
2-0 L Columbus
4-0 L NE (5-4, we're gonna win 5-4!)
0-0 T Philly
1-1 T Colorado
2-0 L Seat

And that's being optimistic (I have no idea who is going to score that one goal). Actually, I think I am optimistic about this season. See, in the last two years, TFC kept building up our hope only to crush it in the end. This year, I can't see them playing well enough for me to even gather any hope. That means I won't have to watch a meteoric fall from grace, I can just enjoy watching my team lose every game, without ever believing "if they win these next couple of games, we're right back in it!".

Azzurri86
03-25-2010, 03:06 PM
I can't wait till the season starts... I'm not sure if you guys are thinking we're gunna be bad so that when we are decent your are happy or if you actually think we're bad... Preki is a system coach.. He doesn't need the best players to success he's proven this. with the latest about Marvell Wynne where does this leave us with the lineup for saturday?

Globetrotter
03-25-2010, 03:14 PM
where is mlsintoronto? what's his take? A 5-0-0 start? we're in need of a good comedian now. maybe for the halftime show.

TFC07
03-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Just win home games! :scarf::scarf:

Ossington Mental Youth
03-25-2010, 03:17 PM
azzuri4stars has been added to your ignore list
one more added

DichioTFC
03-25-2010, 03:20 PM
where is mlsintoronto? what's his take? A 5-0-0 start? we're in need of a good comedian now. maybe for the halftime show.

perhaps trying to convince gerba to go home?

Brooker
03-25-2010, 03:25 PM
nothing makes sense these days

Toronto 2 Columbus 1
Toronto 0 New England 2
Toronto 2 Philadelphia 1
Toronto 0 Colorado 2
Toronto 1 Seattle 1
Toronto 3 Montreal 1

Globetrotter
03-25-2010, 03:31 PM
^mmmmmmmmmm mlse brand kool aid

denime
03-25-2010, 03:33 PM

Hey Giambac what's up.Long time no see.:D

All this negativity around TFC made your fingers so itchy you couldn't resist not to chip in.

NewCity
03-25-2010, 03:37 PM
I've been a season seat holder and TFC SUPPORTER since day 1, and here is my thoughts. I believe TFC will actually surprise us and start winning and reach the playoffs. They're squad has some players that need to prove themselves and I think they will achieve a strong showing and inturn we (the fans) will adore them that much more. It's called Passion...something that is needed to go back in our veins before Saturdays first kick match, which I believe Toronto will win 2-1.

This forum used to be more positive and it's turning out to be more and more about beating up our beloved team and FO staff. It is what it is and this is the cards that were dealt to us. Change is a difficult process for the average person to go through so it's very understanding why the reactions are coming out how they are from other supporters on this site. On the other hand without changing up our line...we would never make the playoffs, in my opinion.

Wynne- Good thing he's gone, he can only run fast

Gerba - Don't need that attitude on the team...or slow ball reaction

Robinson - True gentleman....however we need an actual soccer player to replace him. Plus we needed cap space...I think we were lucky to even get a draft pick out of him.

Brennan - He should be in TFC management and an ambassador. He looks like a train wreck on the field whenever he plays...sure he's good...but not GREAT.

DeRo - Best player on the team

JDG - Hope he's impressive this year...just saw some fancy footwork last season...WE NEED GOALS not another Vitti.

"Trader" Mo - Times up buddy. He may know how to eat a good steak on the TFC expense account however when it comes to soccer...his Scottish accent doesn't cover the endless mistakes he has been making over the past years. He is our CANCER in the sytem. He must be shown the door.

Preki - Maybe a little too hard on our players when it comes to practices...however discipline is very much needed in our squad..and he's the guy to do it.

New Colorado guys - I think this will work out well. They have good form.

Garcia - what a joke..seriously. How many goals does he have to score in our own net and giveaways before he can't bare to look at himself in the mirror anymore with our jersey on.

Serioux - He was GREAT! We do need a healthier player though, so I understand that move.

I'll stop here for now. :)

azzuri4stars
03-25-2010, 07:44 PM
I've been a season seat holder and TFC SUPPORTER since day 1, and here is my thoughts. I believe TFC will actually surprise us and start winning and reach the playoffs. They're squad has some players that need to prove themselves and I think they will achieve a strong showing and inturn we (the fans) will adore them that much more. It's called Passion...something that is needed to go back in our veins before Saturdays first kick match, which I believe Toronto will win 2-1.

This forum used to be more positive and it's turning out to be more and more about beating up our beloved team and FO staff. It is what it is and this is the cards that were dealt to us. Change is a difficult process for the average person to go through so it's very understanding why the reactions are coming out how they are from other supporters on this site. On the other hand without changing up our line...we would never make the playoffs, in my opinion.

Wynne- Good thing he's gone, he can only run fast

Gerba - Don't need that attitude on the team...or slow ball reaction

Robinson - True gentleman....however we need an actual soccer player to replace him. Plus we needed cap space...I think we were lucky to even get a draft pick out of him.

Brennan - He should be in TFC management and an ambassador. He looks like a train wreck on the field whenever he plays...sure he's good...but not GREAT.

DeRo - Best player on the team

JDG - Hope he's impressive this year...just saw some fancy footwork last season...WE NEED GOALS not another Vitti.

"Trader" Mo - Times up buddy. He may know how to eat a good steak on the TFC expense account however when it comes to soccer...his Scottish accent doesn't cover the endless mistakes he has been making over the past years. He is our CANCER in the sytem. He must be shown the door.

Preki - Maybe a little too hard on our players when it comes to practices...however discipline is very much needed in our squad..and he's the guy to do it.

New Colorado guys - I think this will work out well. They have good form.

Garcia - what a joke..seriously. How many goals does he have to score in our own net and giveaways before he can't bare to look at himself in the mirror anymore with our jersey on.

Serioux - He was GREAT! We do need a healthier player though, so I understand that move.

I'll stop here for now. :)

I was in favour of getting rid of Robinson (should have been gone 2 years ago) and Guevera who had to much attitude and was selfish. Gerba was no more than a pylon on the field so good riddance.
However they should have kept Serioux and definetly Vitti. In the right system Vitti would have excelled. Big , I mean HUGE mistake in trading Wynn.

Canadian Blue
03-25-2010, 07:44 PM
I say by the end of the season TFC's record is this - 0W - 27L - 3D if we are lucky

Big Bruva
03-25-2010, 10:04 PM
I say by the end of the season TFC's record is this - 0W - 27L - 3D if we are lucky

lol dunno about that BUT once again on the outside looking in when it comes to he playoffs? YESSSSSSSSSS

TFC look like a new franchise every season and its even worse this season with players being let go or pissed off about one thing or another.

T.O TILL I DIE
03-25-2010, 10:13 PM
why would we host the mls cup in toronto this year, hopefully we dont do extremly shitee.....

Brooker
03-26-2010, 08:29 AM
^mmmmmmmmmm mlse brand kool aid

Do I think that's what gonna happen? Probably not. Should I then make depressing predictions? No thanks.

stop being ridiculous, man. you really gotta bring big bad mlse into everything? that was old before you even signed up here.

NewCity
03-26-2010, 08:36 AM
I was in favour of getting rid of Robinson (should have been gone 2 years ago) and Guevera who had to much attitude and was selfish. Gerba was no more than a pylon on the field so good riddance.
However they should have kept Serioux and definetly Vitti. In the right system Vitti would have excelled. Big , I mean HUGE mistake in trading Wynn.

Vitti is an amazing player...your absolutely right. With the right system, he would of been dangerous. Crossing our fingers that this season will be decent...

Derko
03-26-2010, 01:28 PM
2-1 Columbus to win
1-1 NE draw
1-0 Philly to lose
0-0 Colorado draw
1-1 Seattle draw

Optimistic yes, but very possible, given the very defensive system I believe Preki will employ.
And yes I think Mo must go also.

maninb
03-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Vitti couldn't hit the broadside of a barn from inside the barn (which explains his terrible goals total), a very good dribbler but a bad football brain who had no idea when to release the ball (which explains his terrible assist total)...plus a weak defender...

Dunkers
03-26-2010, 03:03 PM
2-0 loss to Columbus
0-1 win vs NE
1-1 tie vs Pee You
2-1 loss vs Col
2-0 loss v Sea

P-NUTZ
03-26-2010, 03:11 PM
3 W - 2 D - 1 L

2-1 win tomorrow.

devioustrevor
03-26-2010, 03:35 PM
0-1 Loss Montreal

I hope not. I just bought my train tickets and made my hotel reservation today. I don't expect another 6-1 win, but I still want to see our lads win. It was awesome being at Saputo for that game last year.

Ordering my game ticket on Monday, Montreal's online reservation system partner isn't making them available until Monday.

Pookie
03-26-2010, 04:43 PM
I actually like the fact that the media has pegged us to miss the playoffs.

For players, there is nothing better than proving folks wrong.

When you actually look at the reasons behind this prediction, it is because we are young and inexperienced.

The advantage of having young and inexperienced players is that they really can't do any worse than projected. There is only upside.

I'd rather have a young, inexperienced line up that is hungry to prove themselves and others wrong than a group of veterans who have nothing to prove.

MUFC_Niagara
03-26-2010, 04:57 PM
I honestly have no fucking clue this year.

bertal
03-26-2010, 05:01 PM
I honestly have no fucking clue this year.

agreed. i'm setting the bar very low

Mikey
03-26-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm just hoping it's not so bad that non-footie fans start thinking the team is actually called "Toronto FC nil"

:(

Parkdale
03-26-2010, 05:09 PM
... actually called "Toronto FC nil"

http://whoyoucallingaskeptic.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/johnny-carson.jpg

BoJangles
03-26-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm gonna go take the wild card and say we just squeak in to the playoffs.

We hit the ground running at the begging, then just suck terribly.

Not probable but I like to be different :).

ilikemusic
03-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Too much negativity.

This league is impossible to handicap.

So....

I predict Toronto doesnt lose a game until we visit RSL.

:scarf:

twistedchinaman
03-26-2010, 09:56 PM
First ten games:

Cowlumpass 2-1 TFC
New England 1-0 TFC
TFC 2-0 Philly
Colorado 1-0 TFC
TFC 0-2 Seattle
TFC 1-1 Limpact
RSL 1-0 TFC (Mo fired)
TFC 2-1 Shitcago (Lads celebrate firing with win)
Limpact 0-2 TFC
Galaxatives 2-4 TFC

I'm honestly not impressed with a lot of the teams; that's the ways I sees it and I'm stickin' to it.

KiwiRedsFan
03-27-2010, 04:15 AM
sorry, possibly not the right thread but don't want to start a new one. Is there a team in the MLS that Toronto have not won a game against? How is the home v away record?

I hope Toronto win 1-0 tomorrow.

kaos197O
03-27-2010, 06:36 AM
^^^^^^^^^

This is my prediction. First goal of the season......TODAY! :scarf::canada::drum:

TFC HSV
03-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Im excited for the season. I think we'll draw with columbus today. Too early to make any predictions past that. On paper we all know how it looks but games are played on the pitch and hey stranger things have happened.

3.5 hours away
c'mon you reds

Stryker
03-27-2010, 12:42 PM
I know nobody wants to see it but this entire season is set up to dump salary to be competetive next year. This year Guevara, Robinson, Wynne and Gerba, next year Brennen, Barrett and Garcia.
The releatively cheap, decent players we've picked up recently to start are to be next seasons bench players once we've cleared up cap room.
Expect a bottom three finish on the year folks.

Brooker
03-27-2010, 02:17 PM
I know nobody wants to see it but this entire season is set up to dump salary to be competetive next year. This year Guevara, Robinson, Wynne and Gerba, next year Brennen, Barrett and Garcia.
The releatively cheap, decent players we've picked up recently to start are to be next seasons bench players once we've cleared up cap room.
Expect a bottom three finish on the year folks.

don't be so optimistic about this year. jesus.

Globetrotter
03-27-2010, 05:01 PM

Slow start to a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong season.

Check. 1 for 1. Man we have one bad team. We're probably the same level we were at a few games after beating LA in season two.

RedsYNWA
03-27-2010, 08:42 PM
2-0 Loss Columbus
1-0 Loss New England
1-0 Win Philly
1-1 Tie Colorado
0-0 Tie Seattle

I should bet on this :facepalm::D:facepalm::D:facepalm::D:drinking:

Globetrotter
03-29-2010, 08:53 AM
^who's that in your avatar

Steve
03-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Check. 1 for 1. Man we have one bad team. We're probably the same level we were at a few games after beating LA in season two.

The worst part is, 6/12 of the people who guessed scores for our first 5 games, guessed we would lose 2-0. The rest (aside from one or two crazies) guessed 3-0 or 2-1. Is it bad when your own fan-base views ties (or even scoring, as the majority pegged as as not getting a goal) as too optimistic?

RedsYNWA
03-29-2010, 12:11 PM
^who's that in your avatar

I don't know her but wish I did:hump:

Globetrotter
03-29-2010, 02:19 PM
The worst part is, 6/12 of the people who guessed scores for our first 5 games, guessed we would lose 2-0. The rest (aside from one or two crazies) guessed 3-0 or 2-1. Is it bad when your own fan-base views ties (or even scoring, as the majority pegged as as not getting a goal) as too optimistic?

Well, really, what can you really expect? To be honest, OBW might be a 10 goal scorer, he might be the guy we can use up to. I'd put more money on that than saying we have a decent "team".

It's sad, the start of season 3 there was hope, a feeling like we were going in the right direction. Dero, Vitti, Serioux as new blood. Things were looking so good, but we saw what they could do. This year, we have absolutely nothing. What's new? Our coach? The 4th one in 3 seasons and one game.

It's sucks when we don't even have hope. This team is bad, and it's all because of Mo and management that won't do anything about it.

RedsYNWA
04-13-2010, 08:43 AM
2-0 L Columbus
4-0 L NE (5-4, we're gonna win 5-4!)
0-0 T Philly
1-1 T Colorado
2-0 L Seat

And that's being optimistic (I have no idea who is going to score that one goal). Actually, I think I am optimistic about this season. See, in the last two years, TFC kept building up our hope only to crush it in the end. This year, I can't see them playing well enough for me to even gather any hope. That means I won't have to watch a meteoric fall from grace, I can just enjoy watching my team lose every game, without ever believing "if they win these next couple of games, we're right back in it!".

You sir are the EL PREDICTO