PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Monday,Mar.22

denime
03-22-2010, 06:37 AM
Mornin'

With CBA settled, time for TFC to fix itself (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2010/03/22/13311781.html)

Garcia, Johnston Thrilled By Agreement (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20100321&content_id=8863650&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

zamperina
03-22-2010, 07:00 AM
SSG is a babe!

Shway
03-22-2010, 07:03 AM
mornin d

keem-o-sabi
03-22-2010, 07:17 AM
morning d, and yes the ssg is a babe. Here are today's coed girls 1 (http://coedmagazine.com/2010/03/21/miss-coed-brandie-moses/) and 2 (http://coedmagazine.com/2010/03/19/angelina-christina-is-todays-daily-snapshot-2/)

Chevy
03-22-2010, 07:24 AM
SSG is a babe!

Wants to be a primary school teacher....

Picture #4 - imagine seeing that when you walk into your kid's parent/teacher interview. :yum:

drewski
03-22-2010, 07:32 AM
if Mo and Nick are thrilled by the CBA than its gotta suck. haha

ED: on the brightside, only 5 days 7 hours and 22 or so minutes till kickoff :D:D:D

scooter
03-22-2010, 07:50 AM
mornin d

Shway
03-22-2010, 07:57 AM
if Mo and Nick are thrilled by the CBA than its gotta suck. haha

ED: on the brightside, only 5 days 7 hours and 22 or so minutes till kickoff :D:D:D

the way the team looks right now....im scared of opening day

[NBF]
03-22-2010, 08:28 AM
SSG::hump: nice.

Pic#5: Is that trick photography? Or is that one big ass chair?

Garcia and Johnston:

:drinking:In agreement........

With CBS Now settled, Time For TFC To Fix Itself:

Following people have to go:

1. Mo Johnston
2. Nick Garcia
3. Ty Harden
4. Ali Gerba
5. Jim Brennan
6. Brian Edwards
7. Marvell Wynne
8. Chad Barrett
9. Fuad Ibrahim

Following people have to be brought in:

1. Fernandao (Forward-Goias):hump: or Guille Franco (Forward-West.Ham):hump:, both of their contracts are up in June 2010.
2. Ugo Ihemelu (Centre back- FC Dallas)
3. Richard Hastings (Left Back- Hamilton Academical):canada:
4. Arturo Alvarez (Left Midfielder- San Jose Earthquakes)
5. Dave Simpson (Right Midfielder- Heracles):canada:
6. Kenny Stamatopolous (GK- Tromso):canada:
7. Diego Armando Mejia (Striker- Unattached)
8. Adrian Cann (Centre Back- Unattached):canada:
9. Kevin Harmse (Centre Back- Unattached):canada:
10. Diaz Kambere (Left Back- Abbotsford Mariners):canada:

drewski
03-22-2010, 08:30 AM
the way the team looks right now....im scared of opening day

I just look forward to the opening whistle. everything else..not so much :(

Shaughno
03-22-2010, 08:32 AM
[NBF] I hope you've got some serious drugs to keep you sedated come the 27th...

:rofl: If so, can you share?

drewski
03-22-2010, 08:33 AM
;941068']SSG::hump: nice.

Garcia and Johnston:

1. Mo Johnston
2. Nick Garcia
3. Ty Harden
4. Ali Gerba
5. Jim Brennan
6. Brian Edwards
7. Marvell Wynne
8. Chad Barrett
9. Fuad Ibrahim

1. Fernandao (Forward-Goias):hump: or Guille Franco (Forward-West.Ham):hump:, both of their contracts are up in June 2010.

#3 former will have to go before #9 latter can come back I assume

[NBF]
03-22-2010, 08:37 AM
[NBF] I hope you've got some serious drugs to keep you sedated come the 27th...

:rofl: If so, can you share?

I haven't seen any of the pre-season games.

Are you saying that I'm going to be more disappointed beyond the disappointment now with the current team on paper?:picard:

Shaughno
03-22-2010, 08:39 AM
;941091']I haven't seen any of the pre-season games.

Are you saying that I'm going to be more disappointed beyond the disappointment now with the current team on paper?:picard:
I've been able to keep my sanity for the exact same reason... luckily I haven't been able to catch any preseason matches. Just the dirty texts I get while the game is going on about how terrible we look. :(

canadian_bhoy
03-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Blog TO has their pre-season article up. Looks like the issues with TFC are abundantly clear to everyone.

http://www.blogto.com/sports_play/2010/03/tfc_season_four_is_a_go/

loconet
03-22-2010, 09:09 AM
Curious.. Is it just me or has Garcia become the media face for TFC in the context of the players? Every other news out of our players comes out through Garcia..

drewski
03-22-2010, 09:13 AM
Blog TO has their pre-season article up. Looks like the issues with TFC are abundantly clear to everyone.

even a blind-deaf-mute in the middle of Antarctica with no connection to the outside world knows what our problems are :lol:

Oldtimer
03-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Details have leaked about the new CBA. New cap is $2.55 million per team.

Compensation will be greater – the salary cap and minimum salary will increase for 2010 and will continue to increase in subsequent seasons – and there will be more leverage for players whose options are not picked up or who are waived. The percentage of players with portions of their contracts guaranteed will at least double and could eventually triple from the approximately 20 percent figure of the past few seasons. Players who reach benchmarks of age and league service will qualify for guaranteed contracts and less stringent conditions for option years.

For 2010, the salary cap will be $2.55 million per team (it was $2.32 million in 2009) and the minimum salary for non-developmental players is $40,000 ($34,000 in 2009). Each will increase at a basic five percent per year, though for older players the minimum will be greater. At that growth rate, the salary cap will be approximately $3.1 million in the final year of the CBA, and the minimum will be slightly more than $46,000.

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/37335/behind-the-scenes-of-cba-negotiations.html

spark
03-22-2010, 09:50 AM
It's been discussed already, but once again a game with no goals, no poacher in sight - curious on the deal with Gerba is and how in such a short time (although it is par for the course!) nothing could have been figured out to get the most from him.

THE CURIOUS CASE OF ALI GERBA (http://www.rednationonline.ca/The_Curious_Case_Of_Ali_Gerba_mar_22_10_column.sht ml)

Yohan
03-22-2010, 09:55 AM
It's been discussed already, but once again a game with no goals, no poacher in sight - curious on the deal with Gerba is and how in such a short time (although it is par for the course!) nothing could have been figured out to get the most from him.

THE CURIOUS CASE OF ALI GERBA (http://www.rednationonline.ca/The_Curious_Case_Of_Ali_Gerba_mar_22_10_column.sht ml)
that article is spot on

though i'd like to do what did Gerba do to piss off Preki

I_AM_CANADIAN
03-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Love that headline... Quite possibly the two least popular figures in TFC land today.

Roogsy
03-22-2010, 10:03 AM
Curious.. Is it just me or has Garcia become the media face for TFC in the context of the players? Every other news out of our players comes out through Garcia..

Because the CBA has dominated team and league news the past month, Garcia has been who we see most. Now that the CBA issue is settled, I don't expect that to continue to be the case.

drewski
03-22-2010, 10:04 AM
We hold all our players to a high standard

http://www.beefgir.com/small%20things/o%20rly.jpg

drewski
03-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Because the CBA has dominated team and league news the past month, Garcia has been who we see most. Now that the CBA issue is settled, I don't expect that to continue to be the case.

i dunno. he seems really good at just standing around looking clueless.

Whoop
03-22-2010, 11:05 AM

I think Elizabeth is superkitten from U-Sector.

spezz44
03-22-2010, 11:09 AM
solid ssg

jloome
03-22-2010, 11:19 AM
;941068']SSG::hump: nice.

Garcia and Johnston:

1. Mo Johnston
2. Nick Garcia
3. Ty Harden
4. Ali Gerba
5. Jim Brennan
6. Brian Edwards
7. Marvell Wynne
8. Chad Barrett
9. Fuad Ibrahim

That's kind of a mental list. Ihemelu is spotty at best, Simpson is a team-jumping headcase, stamatopolous isn't good enough, neither is Harmse.....

Seriously, Harden is a better defender than anyone you have on this list.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-22-2010, 11:22 AM
im just gonna block NBF hes getting increasingly ridiculous and spam like

Whoop
03-22-2010, 11:23 AM
The SSG has that girl next door look.

Nice.

Yohan
03-22-2010, 11:27 AM
That's kind of a mental list. Ihemelu is spotty at best, Simpson is a team-jumping headcase, stamatopolous isn't good enough, neither is Harmse.....

Seriously, Harden is a better defender than anyone you have on this list.
Harden was solid last game vs RSL. and at LB to boot

im just gonna block NBF hes getting increasingly ridiculous and spam like

he can't be worse than my ramblings... ;)

rocker
03-22-2010, 11:37 AM
ssg is overdressed for the role. but solid

CretanBull
03-22-2010, 01:28 PM
The SSG has that girl next door look.

I've never had neighbours like that :(

Stouffville_RPB
03-22-2010, 01:46 PM
ssg is overdressed for the role. but solid

Hell ya she is.

rocker
03-22-2010, 02:15 PM
this is very surprising to me.. from Ives G.:

According to multiple sources, Chicago Fire will part ways with 2008 MLS GK of the year Jon Busch. He will be traded or waived this week.

Busch was a shrimp but did well and didn't cost that much. huh?

menefreghista
03-22-2010, 02:16 PM
He was also in TFC's pre-season training camp way back in 2007.

It just means trading a player like Edwards (I have no idea if we even want to) just got even harder.

Stouffville_RPB
03-22-2010, 02:26 PM
this is very surprising to me.. from Ives G.:

According to multiple sources, Chicago Fire will part ways with 2008 MLS GK of the year Jon Busch. He will be traded or waived this week.

Busch was a shrimp but did well and didn't cost that much. huh?

It has to do with the new CBA. Alot of contracts will be gaurenteed come opening day so teams are dumping players now.

Ives tweeted earlier today to look for alot of suprise drops/wavier moves.

menefreghista
03-22-2010, 02:27 PM
It has to do with the new CBA. Alot of contracts will be gaurenteed come opening day so teams are dumping players now.

Ives tweeted earlier today to look for alot of suprise drops/wavier moves.

Maybe this was Mo's plan all along. Pounce on all the serviceable players dropped by others!

rocker
03-22-2010, 02:31 PM
It just means trading a player like Edwards (I have no idea if we even want to) just got even harder.

Given that most teams already have a starting keeper I doubt it makes a difference at all. If anything, Busch and Edwards would only be useful for a second keeper, and Edwards is taller, younger, and much cheaper.

John Busch is actually a lot more expensive than I thought after I took a quick look (136K). I guess this is a salary dump. But that takes balls to dump a starter like that who performed as well as he did.

Nuvinho
03-22-2010, 02:35 PM
damn....the new CBA may save Mo's arse since if some good players are being waived, we maybe able to have a full roster.

KezmanCCCC
03-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Wants to be a primary school teacher....

Picture #4 - imagine seeing that when you walk into your kid's parent/teacher interview. :yum:

yes... i would have to perform some unspeakables with her...:hump:

rocker
03-22-2010, 03:03 PM
damn....the new CBA may save Mo's arse since if some good players are being waived, we maybe able to have a full roster.

hmmm.... purposely having a small roster because of the expectation of guys being dumped for guaranteed salary reasons, and then picking up cheap but good waived/traded players?

[NBF]
03-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Rocker:
hmmm.... purposely having a small roster because of the expectation of guys being dumped for guaranteed salary reasons, and then picking up cheap but good waived/traded players?

.........um no:facepalm:

Thats something you do when you're a expansion team, don't give credit to Mo for doing something completely wrong and by chance win another chance to redeem himself, that's just pure fluke, because by the same luck he could of ended up with the team we have now and a massive egg on his lap.

I know, and you know what's going to happen. He's going to sign someone to fill the roster and he's going to give him a guaranteed contract. What's the result?? An overly burdened player who's unfairly expected to perform game after game at a certain level and he's going to be overwhelmed. The guys on the waiver list are not guys you can depend on for the future, these guys are only filler, or journeymen. I hope we don't fill up the roster with these USL players. It would be fine if we had our first team lineup set up, but we need players that are quality 1st team players, not career backups.

The first examples that come to mind of teams that do this type of waiver/bargain bin hunting: Detroit Lions, Tampa Bay Rays, S.F. 49ers, Washington Nationals, Golden State Warriors, L.A. Clippers.

Building like losers is not the way I would like the team that I support to operate.

Ossington Youth: I've never considered anything you posted worth a read anyways. No offence. I just don't care for someone who follows the crowd rather than stand up and be heard.

Yohan
03-22-2010, 04:57 PM
;942141'].........um no:facepalm:

Thats something you do when you're a expansion team, don't give credit to Mo for doing something completely wrong and by chance win another chance to redeem himself, that's just pure fluke, because by the same luck he could of ended up with the team we have now and a massive egg on his lap.

I know, and you know what's going to happen. He's going to sign someone to fill the roster and he's going to give him a guaranteed contract. What's the result?? An overly burdened player who's unfairly expected to perform game after game at a certain level and he's going to be overwhelmed. The guys on the waiver list are not guys you can depend on for the future, these guys are only filler, or journeymen. I hope we don't fill up the roster with these USL players. It would be fine if we had our first team lineup set up, but we need players that are quality 1st team players, not career backups.

The first examples that come to mind of teams that do this type of waiver/bargain bin hunting: Detroit Lions, Tampa Bay Rays, S.F. 49ers, Washington Nationals, Golden State Warriors, L.A. Clippers.

Building like losers is not the way I would like the team that I support to operate.

Ossington Youth: I've never considered anything you posted worth a read anyways. No offence. I just don't care for someone who follows the crowd rather than stand up and be heard.
funny, because guys you propose like Harmse and Kambere are USL players.

because of strict salary cap structure, a lot of good players get released to make room for cap for players that GMs think are improvement. that doesn't mean they aren't serviceable players (see Thornton, Zach)

menefreghista
03-22-2010, 05:01 PM
In all likelihood the players who are getting waived will be over-payed.

[NBF]
03-22-2010, 05:15 PM
funny, because guys you propose like Harmse and Kambere are USL players.

because of strict salary cap structure, a lot of good players get released to make room for cap for players that GMs think are improvement. that doesn't mean they aren't serviceable players (see Thornton, Zach)
Funny, you got me on that one. Its too bad Harmse is a journeyman player, but considering he's canadian I would prefer keeping him. Another plus would be that Harmse and Kambere can runs laps around Brennan, Garcia, and Harden.

Nuvinho
03-22-2010, 05:18 PM
I can see alot of players older than 30 making over $100K getting released.

ag futbol
03-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Dear god, nobody ever mention Diaz Kambere on this forum ever again. He embodies everything that is wrong with North American soccer. He can't pass for shit, he has zero football brain, zero technical skill, oh but he can run, but what a great athlete ... quick let's just tech him to play soccer now, even though he's over 20 and that will never happen.

Jon Busch is a starting MLS keeper. Somebody in the fire front office had a brain cramp on this one. 136k isn't exactly onerous amounts of pay. That being said, it's a too big a chunk for a backup keeper. Doesn't make any sense for TFC (unless they wanted to pick him up and move Frei, which seems unlikely).

My stance on our backup keeper position has always been Brian Edwards offers nothing Canadian content couldn't for the same price. That spot could have easily been occupied by any of Sutton, Stamatopolos, or Monsalve.

rocker
03-22-2010, 05:25 PM
;942187']Funny, you got me on that one. Its too bad Harmse is a journeyman player, but considering he's canadian I would prefer keeping him. Another plus would be that Harmse and Kambere can runs laps around Brennan, Garcia, and Harden.

Diaz Kambere and Kevin Harmse? Those guys would contribute nothing. If you don't like the guys we have, you don't replace them with crap just because it's canadian.

I'm gonna cut and paste a line from your message to Ossington (who's a good guy on the boards):

I've never considered anything you posted worth a read anyways. No offence.

Yohan
03-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Jon Busch is a starting MLS keeper. Somebody in the fire front office had a brain cramp on this one. 136k isn't exactly onerous amounts of pay. That being said, it's a too big a chunk for a backup keeper. Doesn't make any sense for TFC (unless they wanted to pick him up and move Frei, which seems unlikely).
yeah this one has me puzzled. only reason Busch is getting dumped is due to salary, and I dont see Chicago going for a trade with another team for GK. Every team is pretty set in terms of GK for the season.
so probably a free agent from somewhere else in books...

My stance on our backup keeper position has always been Brian Edwards offers nothing Canadian content couldn't for the same price. That spot could have easily been occupied by any of Sutton, Stamatopolos, or Monsalve.
Sutton and Stamapoulos aren't cheap salary wise...

Rudi
03-22-2010, 05:29 PM
I think Elizabeth is superkitten from U-Sector.
Yup.

ag futbol
03-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Diaz Kambere and Kevin Harmse? Those guys would contribute nothing. If you don't like the guys we have, you don't replace them with crap just because it's canadian.

I don't think that's 100% fair. Harmse put in a few solid games last year.

That being said, I don't think he's any better than someone like Harden. He's really just someone you put on the bench to round out the roster.

Sutton and Stamapoulos aren't cheap salary wise...
I thought Kenny was on 45k when he was here.

I do remember Sutton being paid 125 or so, but considering he's no longer the starter, I think we could drive him down to near the minimum.

Nuvinho
03-22-2010, 08:16 PM
waivers flowing in:

SoccerByIves (http://twitter.com/SoccerByIves)

Simon Elliott one of three players waived by SJ. He'll need PT in a World Cup year for New Zealand. Any takers in MLS? Australia perhaps?

dcunited (http://twitter.com/dcunited)

The club has waived midfielder John DiRaimondo.

joshuamayers (http://twitter.com/joshuamayers)

Chris Eylander waived.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WSReader (http://twitter.com/WSReader)

wave waiver is coming in MLS, lots of announcements coming, stay tuned to WSR for all the updates!

Yohan
03-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Simon Elliott too old and slow. No loss for SJ