PDA

View Full Version : If It's Any Consolation . . .

James17930
03-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Despite the fact that we can't seem to buy a goal, we seem to already be much better defensively.

Only giving up 2 goals in three games during the Carolina Cup isn't so horrible. If we can take this apparently new-found defensive prowess into the season and somehow find someone who can score goals we might be okay.

Yohan
03-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Despite the fact that we can't seem to buy a goal, we seem to already be much better defensively.

Only giving up 2 goals in three games during the Carolina Cup isn't so horrible. If we can take this apparently new-found defensive prowess into the season and somehow find someone who can score goals we might be okay.
except 3 of those defenders aren't signed on the team yet

Stryker
03-20-2010, 09:40 PM
It's not. The only thing worse than losing is not being able to score goals at all.

LesH
03-20-2010, 09:45 PM
It's not. The only thing worse than losing is not being able to score goals at all.

+1 :hump:

Cashcleaner
03-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Yeah, ummmmm, maybe it's just me, but I'm failing to see a silver lining to this cloud. LOL!

akoto
03-20-2010, 10:34 PM
lets face it..... we suck. We all know what it's going to take to change that. There are many threads. I know you mean well but come on, there is no silver lining here. Major changes are required.

JDG
03-20-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm really hoping that with the CBA signed Mo is about to pull a few rabbits out of his hat.
He has a knack for making us hate him and then doing something we can't help celebrating.
I don't have a lot of faith this will happen, I'm just feeling that it must play out that way. I'm not ready to give up all hope yet.

Yohan
03-20-2010, 10:53 PM
I'm really hoping that with the CBA signed Mo is about to pull a few rabbits out of his hat.
He has a knack for making us hate him and then doing something we can't help celebrating.

like what

jazzy
03-21-2010, 12:48 AM
I don't have a lot of faith this will happen, I'm just feeling that it must play out that way. I'm not ready to give up all hope yet.

That's what got us into no cap space , no players wanting to be here, overpaid under used talent, no heart, no cohesiveness, no draft picks, coach's leaving, It's over Mo has to go, unfortunately we almost have to start over again, and start with complimentay youth and some dedicated veterans . A place where players want to be. Now we have to eradicate the the rep we have of dealing with hard working players, only way blame it on Mo. Get the stink out.

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-21-2010, 01:17 AM
I'm starting to get on the anti-Mo side of the equation. Unless he can fill most of the holes on the team has over the course of this week, TFC is in for some early season problems.

The overall point of this thread is probably valid, I think TFC will be much improved if they can sign at least two of Cann, Zamperini, and Said, but man oh man, do we need a forward. OBW, Ibrahim, and, eventually, Barrett, yikes!

I know they tried to trade for Kei Kamara last year, I wonder if Mo will try for him again? Might not be too bad a move. In terms of players from outside the league, it's hard to say who's available, who TFC can afford, and who's willing to come here. A player I've always liked, and who someone once told me TFC was interested in, is Iwan Redan. A much traveled Dutch striker, strong and fast, but he's kind of lost his way over the last few years. I know he's without a team at the moment.

cochrdoc
03-21-2010, 06:49 AM
Our defence is better with Zamperini, Cann , and I hope with Said.But we will still concede alot of goals with Garcia and Brennan.We still don`t have any wide mids.What happened tp Kayzissi and the Finnish national player.There was a guy who scored 2 of our goals in preseason and a Left winger.WE still need a striker who can score goals.It amazes me that we have let alot of players go that help us score enough goals to be a play-off team but yet keep 2 defenders who where part of a defence that gave up way to many.Let`s release those 2 and bring back those guys and we might be able to score a goal.White is not ready to be ready to score consistantly and we all no What Barrett is going to bring.Alot of hustle and missed shots.

Oldtimer
03-21-2010, 07:12 AM
Wow, when even UltraSuperMegaMo gets on the anti-Mo side, you know that the anti-Mo sentiment is about to explode. (BTW, you can get your board name changed).

Pookie
03-21-2010, 07:16 AM
I guess there is nothing else to get worked up about other than a preseason that has NO correlation to how they will finish the year.

If I told you they would go 4-2-0 in February and score 10 and give up 3, then go 2-1-0 in Carolina, would you think we'd be on our way to the playoffs?

Hitcho
03-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Wow, when even UltraSuperMegaMo gets on the anti-Mo side, you know that the anti-Mo sentiment is about to explode. (BTW, you can get your board name changed).

Haha - oh man that's low but it's a good thing nonetheless

twistedchinaman
03-21-2010, 01:54 PM

Ouch!

A sign of the times though...welcome, USMM. :)