PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull media day; Robbo interview - Wow that hurt

nimamalek
03-20-2010, 10:51 AM
just watching the media day video for red bulls arena and saw a Robinson interview with him wearing a red bulls shirt, was a kick in the balls!

http://web.mlsnet.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=7202381

at least with Dichio we never had to see him in a another teams uniform.

MUFC_Niagara
03-20-2010, 10:56 AM
I wish him all the best. He's all class.....unlike the guy running our club who is an absolute embarrassment. :facepalm:

rocker
03-20-2010, 10:59 AM
the funny thing is the dude interviews all the former TFCers.. I shed a tear seeing Boyens in a RB uniform... so many memories of him ;)

MUFC_Niagara
03-20-2010, 11:04 AM
I really hope Robbo rips the league apart this year.

rocker
03-20-2010, 11:05 AM
I really hope Robbo rips the league apart this year.

wish he'd done that for TFC.

Nuvinho
03-20-2010, 11:07 AM
they have enough players to play an 11v11 game......wow!!!! I am impressed already.

MUFC_Niagara
03-20-2010, 11:08 AM
^^ he did his first 2 years.

Lucky Strike
03-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Ouch, kick in the balls is right. Add a kick to the face, kick to the back of the head, kick to the knee.

Man that sucked.

canadian_bhoy
03-20-2010, 11:28 AM
the funny thing is the dude interviews all the former TFCers.. I shed a tear seeing Boyens in a RB uniform... so many memories of him ;)

I know! He got them all :(

Robbo
http://torontofc.theoffside.com/files/2009/11/Robinson-Celebrates.jpg

Sutton
ivcG3KwpdC8

Goldy
http://njmg.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/06/25/goldthwaite_the_associated_press.jpg

Boyens
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0ddGaYodJ18QK/340x.jpg

JuliquE
03-20-2010, 11:31 AM
What hurt me most was when I read, some days ago, that Robbo had given a "no comment" response when asked about his time with us at TFC. Ugh -- Christ, that one got me.

I think that if our management won't handle things proper, than it's incumbent upon the fans to give him the respect he deserves, when he returns to BMO.

Tschuess.

cmonyoureds
03-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Red Bulls trip to BMO is circled on my calendar. This guy was class all the way. Heart and soul every game. Always willing to stick around for the fans after the game at the gate to sign and chat. Sure as hell better be some sort of large scale welcome back when he gets here......

canadian_bhoy
03-20-2010, 11:56 AM
I just hope that Robbo doesn't get booed when he comes back to TO.
He's not the player that deserves the "He's an enemy now bla bla bla" stuff. He was great for us, a RPB player of the year and always good to the fans.

He'll get a cheer from me this year at BMO.

ensco
03-20-2010, 11:58 AM
NYRB must be getting ready to unveil Lombardo, Welsh and Canizalez.

Parkdale
03-20-2010, 11:58 AM
I don't miss Goldthwait (sp?) as it brought us Todd Dunnivant, who was a much better player (IMO, when he wasn't injured).

canadian_bhoy
03-20-2010, 12:02 PM
I don't miss Goldthwait (sp?) as it brought us Todd Dunnivant, who was a much better player (IMO, when he wasn't injured).

Goldy did a lot to help our team move forward. The downside of that was that we got caught a lot a man short on the defensive side of the ball and were susceptive to the counter attack.

Even still, his contributions up from and play down the wing was missed once he left.

jazzy
03-20-2010, 12:06 PM
that is classy, we've certainly had our share of classy footballers, lets see more reason for ex TFC'sers to return get an incentive to kick our ass....is everyone loving coming here to quietin the RPB's because it's so f$%#kin easy with a mess of a team on and off the pitch.......I for one hope noone yells TFC reject at these guys come game day, because if you do you it says it all about yourself and the last laugh would be on us. Then we would be just like MO

jazzy
03-20-2010, 12:14 PM

Dunninat was a big loss, K. Goldthwaite was a bit too foul heavy

Parkdale
03-20-2010, 12:16 PM
yeah, I remember Goldthwaite getting more than his share of reds.

canadian_bhoy
03-20-2010, 12:27 PM
yeah, I remember Goldthwaite getting more than his share of reds.

uhh....like...1? And we won that game.

celt-nick
03-20-2010, 12:57 PM
that is classy, we've certainly had our share of classy footballers, lets see more reason for ex TFC'sers to return get an incentive to kick our ass....is everyone loving coming here to quietin the RPB's because it's so f$%#kin easy with a mess of a team on and off the pitch.......I for one hope noone yells TFC reject at these guys come game day, because if you do you it says it all about yourself and the last laugh would be on us. Then we would be just like MO

I agree 100%, Unfortunately I see this happening (crap, we're going to look like a bunch of sh-Mos)....

Daveisonfire
03-20-2010, 01:56 PM
just watching the media day video for red bulls arena and saw a Robinson interview with him wearing a red bulls shirt, was a kick in the balls!

http://web.mlsnet.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=7202381

at least with Dichio we never had to see him in a another teams uniform.

Probably got all the ex-tfc guys in there because they knew it would up their views

Roogsy
03-20-2010, 02:01 PM
I just hope that Robbo doesn't get booed when he comes back to TO.
He's not the player that deserves the "He's an enemy now bla bla bla" stuff. He was great for us, a RPB player of the year and always good to the fans.

He'll get a cheer from me this year at BMO.

Robbo will get a cheer and an applause from me before the game when he comes back.

Not during the game however...I want a bucket of goals scored against him. He is a professional, he knows how we feel.

But I wish him happiness and success in NY for him and his family.

Bloor West FC
03-20-2010, 02:01 PM
We could have such an amazing team right now if it was for Mo and was not for Mo. Are we owned by MLSE?

NYRB are going to be a tuff team to beat this season.

Beach_Red
03-20-2010, 02:08 PM
We could have such an amazing team right now if it was for Mo and was not for Mo. Are we owned by MLSE?

NYRB are going to be a tuff team to beat this season.

Bingo.

http://network.nationalpost.com/NP/blogs/postedsports/archive/2010/03/18/ex-leafs-finding-success-in-their-new-homes.aspx

Eastend
03-20-2010, 02:39 PM
That is an impressive looking stadium...wow, just wow. I hope the football fans in New York are smart enough to not take it for granted and that they fill the place.

p.s. I hate Red Bull New York.

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Goldthwaite's the forgotten man of TFC lore, unless I'm mistaken, he scored the first winning goal for TFC.

druid
03-20-2010, 03:08 PM
I liked Goldthwaite. I've missed him often.

I liked Robbo. Rarely hid.

Boyne drove me nuts.

Stugatzo
03-20-2010, 03:29 PM
That is an impressive looking stadium...wow, just wow. I hope the football fans in New York are smart enough to not take it for granted and that they fill the place.

p.s. I hate Red Bull New York.

X2!!
Really nice.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Robbo will get a cheer and an applause from me before the game when he comes back.

Not during the game however...I want a bucket of goals scored against him. He is a professional, he knows how we feel.

But I wish him happiness and success in NY for him and his family.

cosign