PDA

View Full Version : North End Single Ticket Prices revealed.

Mark in Ottawa
03-19-2010, 12:28 PM
New ticket pricing chart including the North End.

For single match prices, click here. (http://mlsefans.com/index.cfm?n35167s3957c1851237t3960o37250)

My apologies. I wasn't sure how to just post the picture from the PDF file.

Yohan
03-19-2010, 12:52 PM
same view as south stand, but way more expensive.

what a rip off

icecoldbeer
03-19-2010, 12:55 PM
ML$E.

/end thread.

olegunnar
03-19-2010, 12:56 PM

what a rip off

But you get a cup holder

prizby
03-19-2010, 12:57 PM
could MLSinToronto explain how it costs $14 more to have the same view of the field as the southside, except, there is no video screen in front of us to see replays and such...

Rudi
03-19-2010, 12:59 PM
could MLSinToronto explain how it costs $14 more to have the same view of the field as the southside, except, there is no video screen in front of us to see replays and such...
Do you have tickets there? :confused:

Pachuco
03-19-2010, 12:59 PM

Well, it's simple. I can guarantee you they did it because they've never sold these seats before. Therefore, they KNOW they can sell them for a much higher price then the south end. In fact, they can sell the south end for higher then they are selling right now. Problem is, if they increase south end prices even more then everyone would lose it. Nobody will lose it with the North End because no one has paid to sit there before.

olegunnar
03-19-2010, 01:00 PM

Do you have me on ignore or something?
I explained it in the post above yours.

Cup holders!

Parkdale
03-19-2010, 01:03 PM
and technically, it's not the same view. It's a raised seating area, so the view will be different.

< >

Gixmo
03-19-2010, 01:16 PM
...Ouch

RedsYNWA
03-19-2010, 01:17 PM
I'll pass on these thanks

colman1860
03-19-2010, 01:18 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VkhQZNHcxmE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VkhQZNHcxmE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Parkdale
03-19-2010, 01:22 PM
^ has nothing to do with anything.

be on topic, or take it to off topic.

MUFC_Niagara
03-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Ya....I actually like MLSE but $76 is very steep for these seats. Escpecially for the product currently on display.

MUFC_Niagara
03-19-2010, 01:23 PM
^ has nothing to do with anything.

be on topic, or take it to off topic.

I believe he's saying the price is a disgrace. That's on topic.

menefreghista
03-19-2010, 01:23 PM
I think TFC might be taking a gamble here at that price point.

The secondary market for TFC has all but dried up, based on the way the scalpers acted last year.

Plus there is a hell of a lot less optimism for this team than there use to be in the past.

And then there's the impending strike.

I think other than maybe the home opener they might actually struggle to sell all of these.

But what do I know, I thought they would have trouble selling out the Real Madrid game.

Parkdale
03-19-2010, 01:25 PM

But what do I know, I thought they would have trouble selling out the Real Madrid game.

there you go.

all it will take is one game of $200+ seats for some big international friendly to make up the losses they could incur during the season.

menefreghista
03-19-2010, 01:26 PM
there you go.

all it will take is one game of $200+ seats for some big international friendly to make up the losses they could incur during the season.

That's a good point. I'm sure with the success of the Real Madrid game last season we are guaranteed to have another game like that next year.

Also, these seats will cost $80 for the Carlsberg Cup. Do they think they can sell tickets at that price for a Pachuca or Independiente type club?

Suds
03-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Its funny you bring that up, these seats will cost $80 for the Carlsberg Cup.

Do they think they can sell tickets at that price for a Pachuca or Independiente type club?

Maybe not for the teams you mentioned. But I see your point that MLSE will have to bring in a team with a decent following or name to justify the $80 price point.

There were tons of tickets available for the Carlsberg Cup game last year.

menefreghista
03-19-2010, 01:33 PM
Maybe not for the teams you mentioned. But I see your point that MLSE will have to bring in a team with a decent following or name to justify the $80 price point.

There were tons of tickets available for the Carlsberg Cup game last year.

I'm confident we will get a similar type club again for the Carlsberg Cup.

1400*$80 = $112,000. Hardly the type of money that would attract clubs bigger than the ones we had in the past.

Miko
03-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Anyone find it interesting that the email from TFC about the onsale sale said "Guten Tag" instead of hello or Good Morning?

At least mine did (and I'm Scottish, not German).

Is there some German holiday today I'm unaware of?
A veiled reference to a German team coming for a friendly?
Just someone messing around on a Friday?

menefreghista
03-19-2010, 01:37 PM
Anyone find it interesting that the email from TFC about the onsale sale said "Guten Tag" instead of hello or Good Morning?

I got that too.

I use to have a saying for fuck ups like that: Copying and pasting will be the death of me....

:D

Its obvious someone forgot to edit a form letter.

Darlofletch
03-19-2010, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't complain too much about them being more expensive than the south end if I was you.

How do you think they'd fix that problem? they certainly won't do it by making the north end cheaper.

mlsintoronto
03-19-2010, 02:14 PM
I got that too.

I use to have a saying for fuck ups like that: Copying and pasting will be the death of me....

Nothing very interesting. You'll see more of that in the future: buenos Dias! Or Bon Jour! Etc.

boban
03-19-2010, 02:17 PM
and technically, it's not the same view. It's a raised seating area, so the view will be different.
Exactly. Putting you even further away from the action.

Suds
03-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Nothing very interesting. You'll see more of that in the future: buenos Dias! Or Bon Jour! Etc.

Oh those crazy marketing people having fun with babblefish again, eh?

Petor
03-19-2010, 02:37 PM
I got that too.

Nah, it's probably a TFC advert thingy(blipvert?).
I got that too, what package did you get? Me season opener ransom pack.
It's probably a reference to a friendly, a German team? :picard:

flatpicker
03-19-2010, 02:37 PM
I guess this is why turning the North into dedicated supporters section for us was out of the question.
There was no way to do that, and get away with those kind of price hikes at the same time.

Too bad.

rocker
03-19-2010, 02:50 PM
well, they could have moved supporters there and just increased prices of tickets in the south end. I don't think that's the reason they are making this a single game ticket stand.

Anyhow, since this is for single game tickets, $40 isn't that big of a deal.

This is the stand for people who can't get seasons or who don't want to watch 15 games. If somebody wants to attend one TFC game to get a taste of the atmosphere without having to sit with the crazies (you south enders ;) then it's not going to break the bank. Shit, I take my girlfriend to dinner one night and I'm paying $80 minimum, with wine. I'd rather take her to TFC!

Anyhow, value is what someone is willing to pay for it. I have a feeling MLSE knows exactly what tickets are worth in this city (have you seen ticket prices for concerts at ACC nowadays? $40 doesn't always even get you in the door).

Eastend
03-19-2010, 03:03 PM

I was wondering that also.

pchap
03-19-2010, 03:25 PM

what a rip off

And it's NOT a Supporter's section.. so you can't stand up. Boo.

boban
03-19-2010, 04:00 PM
And it's NOT a Supporter's section.. so you can't stand up. Boo.
If a 1,000 of the 1,400 stand up, you think they will police that? Good luck.

celt-nick
03-19-2010, 04:08 PM
It might get turned into a Supporters section if the right prople are there (its happened in other spots).

SuperTCP
03-19-2010, 04:27 PM

Well will we see Buon Giorno? hint hint

SuperTCP
03-19-2010, 04:29 PM
I guess this is why turning the North into dedicated supporters section for us was out of the question.
There was no way to do that, and get away with those kind of price hikes at the same time.

Too bad.

I am trying to fill the north with as many on my friends as I can - they can help turn it into a supporters section.

We should all do the same - I may even trade them some of my seats so I can stand up and chant all game long.

SuperTCP
03-19-2010, 04:34 PM
It might get turned into a Supporters section if the right prople are there (its happened in other spots).

True. Like the top of 110, and I don;t think 127 was designated as supporters until the NEE made it so.

The North Stand should of been reserved for the supporters, especially the NEE that have been growing on the north side since day one, some of the smaller supporter clubs in section 104&105, and of course the rest of us RPB that are stuck mixed in with the average fans.

MLSE made a huge mistake on this one (lets hope they fix it next season).

With supporters united on each side of the field, the noise would be awesome!!!

celt-nick
03-19-2010, 04:37 PM
True. Like the top of 110, and I don;t think 127 was designated as supporters until the NEE made it so.

The North Stand should of been reserved for the supporters, especially the NEE that have been growing on the north side since day one, some of the smaller supporter clubs in section 104&105, and of course the rest of us RPB that are stuck mixed in with the average fans.

MLSE made a huge mistake on this one (lets hope they fix it next season).

With supporters united on each side of the field, the noise would be awesome!!!

It wasn't. I think if you guys make enough noise and make a big deal about standing it'll happen!!

habstfc
03-19-2010, 04:39 PM
I'll be on the computer with my credit card monday morning. I'm going to buy tickets for as many games as I can. I'm pretty sure all those seats will easily be sold in the new section, whether you think the price is fair or not.

jazzy
03-19-2010, 04:55 PM

The secondary market for TFC has all but dried up, based on the way the scalpers acted last year.

Plus there is a hell of a lot less optimism for this team than there use to be in the past.

And then there's the impending strike.

I think other than maybe the home opener they might actually struggle to sell all of these.

No you are absolutely right......esp as our team shows it's true colours, someone is crossing their fingers over this and refusing to see the facts....Corporate employee noninteraction, just forever kiss the boss's $$$. There will be many other seats also empty in the expensive areas also....a donut effect, middle $$$ seats empty,. true fan cheap seats always wanted ....then they raise our prices to pay for their mistakes, like the all big corps.

McBrace
03-19-2010, 05:27 PM

WTF... Why do I not get these email??? I have called 3 times about this..

Can this club not do anything right?:rolleyes:

Mark in Ottawa
03-19-2010, 06:48 PM
The original e-mail came to me as a member of the Gold List (Ransom Pack Holder) and the e-mail address in use is the one I registered in the account manager.

So if you didn't get an e-mail then I expect it is either:
1. Your e-mail address is not registered properly with TFC or
2. You did not select to receive info by e-mail from the Club
(I believe that was an opt-in thingy) or
3. You are on the Red List (waiting list) and they haven't got to you yet.

Did any Platinum list holders (full season tickets) get an e-mail?
When is your buying time slot?

Mark in Ottawa
03-19-2010, 06:51 PM
I am trying to fill the north with as many on my friends as I can - they can help turn it into a supporters section.

We should all do the same - I may even trade them some of my seats so I can stand up and chant all game long.
Note that the e-mail I got said there would be a limit of two tickets per game.

TheKing7
03-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Lets not forget that theres also an "obstructed" view in some of the seats... $40 is way overpriced

AL-MO
03-19-2010, 08:39 PM
The original e-mail came to me as a member of the Gold List (Ransom Pack Holder) and the e-mail address in use is the one I registered in the account manager.

So if you didn't get an e-mail then I expect it is either:
1. Your e-mail address is not registered properly with TFC or
2. You did not select to receive info by e-mail from the Club
(I believe that was an opt-in thingy) or
3. You are on the Red List (waiting list) and they haven't got to you yet.

I am STH and I received the e-mail.

TFC Tifoso
03-19-2010, 09:36 PM

they're single game tickets, so there will probably be too much turnover of people to organize anything in those seats...

King Tut
03-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Do you have me on ignore or something?
I explained it in the post above yours.

Cup holders!

Cup holders, folding prawn seats, etc.

We knew way in advance that the Northend pricing would be higher than the Southend and even 127. A section with folding chairs and cup holders is not going to be priced the same as the "cheap" seats. Also, the Northend has a clear "view of the Southend", which is a major selling point for sure. So not only do people get to be directly behind the net, but they are directly facing the "atmosphere in the stands".

spezz44
03-19-2010, 10:09 PM
what a waste

menefreghista
03-19-2010, 11:21 PM
WTF... Why do I not get these email??? I have called 3 times about this..

Can this club not do anything right?:rolleyes:

You should call your account rep and tell them about this.

My emails keep getting sent to a different account all the time. How TFC/MLSE even knew about this other account boggles my mind. I keep telling them to change it back to the proper address. It works for a few months, than it starts to revert back to the wrong address again.

I have full seasons and my window for buying single tickets is Monday at 11am.

BakaGaijin
03-20-2010, 02:06 AM
These North end tickets are definately overpriced in my opinion. However, the more I think about it.......the more I believe that some good will come from this gouging.

Most scalpers tickets from what I have seen are sold for around $40 - $50 for the cheap seats. That means that the scalpers will not be buying these tickets when they go on sale next week. They are also a little too pricey for most season ticket holders who were thinking of picking up some extra tickets here and there.

The people who will end up buying these tickets are the people who currently don't have direct access to tickets, and who probably usually end up buying tickets from scalpers.

If the scalpers lose customers to the new North end stand, they will have to lower their prices, and may eventually be forced to give up some of their seasons tickets if they are not making enough profit.

This would free up additional season tickets for real supporters, which I believe, would be a good thing.

Cashcleaner
03-20-2010, 06:21 AM
I think we're going to have to accept the fact that the North End Stand isn't going to be the promised land that many were hoping for. Personally, it WOULD have been really cool if they opened it up to the SGs in an attempt to replicate the South End, but I suppose it's just not to be. I think all we can really do now is to keep hammering away at 112-111 and get as many members in there and taking part as much as possible.

rocker
03-20-2010, 09:05 AM
I don't like the idea of giving this over to the supporters groups, Cash. Why? because I think we need to get more newbies into the stadium, and putting them as single game tickets is the best way to do that. New fans don't join the SGs and then get into BMO.. they get into BMO and then join the SGs. I think if they just turned the north stand over to SGs, we'd just be appealing to the same small group of fans.

This is why I also disagree with the pre-sale stuff for the north end. I understand it's a perk to pre-sell everything to STHs, but I think STHs have colonized enough of the stadium at this point. To grow the interest in TFC we need to have new people unconnected to SGs and STHs coming into the stadium. Give them the taste.

This is why I'm not that concerned with the ticket price itself. A newbie isn't going to attend 15 games. They'll go to one or two games during the season and perhaps become interested that way. $40 isn't going to turn anyone away (if you can't afford 1 game ticket @ $40 then you have financial problems that should be rectified before you think about blowing money on a game of footy!).

menefreghista
03-20-2010, 09:09 AM
This is why I also disagree with the pre-sale stuff for the north end. I understand it's a perk to pre-sell everything to STHs, but I think STHs have colonized enough of the stadium at this point. To grow the interest in TFC we need to have new people unconnected to SGs and STHs coming into the stadium. Give them the taste.

I think the TFC front office does this to help move inventory more quickly. They are not concerned about who gets tickets. Their only concern is that the highest number possible are sold as quickly as possible, ensuring they have to do as little work as possible.

The thing I'm wondering is how well the general public even knows that the stadium has been expanded and that there are more tickets available. I bet the casual person still assumes its a hard to get ticket, and won't even bother trying.

---------------------

It should also be noted that these seats will be $51 for 'premium' games. Does anyone have a list of which games are premium? I guess its safe to assume the first and last home game are, but I don't know about the rest.

Cashcleaner
03-20-2010, 09:37 AM
I don't like the idea of giving this over to the supporters groups, Cash. Why? because I think we need to get more newbies into the stadium, and putting them as single game tickets is the best way to do that. New fans don't join the SGs and then get into BMO.. they get into BMO and then join the SGs. I think if they just turned the north stand over to SGs, we'd just be appealing to the same small group of fans.

Fair enough, that's a pretty good point.

menefreghista
03-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Speculating again, but I bet TFC plans to only sell these seats this way for one season. Next year, they will increase the season ticket numbers and allow people to move there.

By setting the price at $40, they ensure there isn't a mass exodus from other more expensive seats to the new area.

Oblio2
03-20-2010, 09:42 AM
*cough
Ripoff

rocker
03-20-2010, 09:47 AM
*cough
Ripoff

if they sell out those seats 1400 people will be disagreeing with you.

Oblio2
03-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Just because they sell them out, doesnt mean it's not a ripoff.

koryo
03-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Typical MLSE. They weaken an already crap team and jack up ticket prices. The worst thing is that they'll have no trouble selling them.

We are, collectively, just as bad as Leaf fans.

mdc 77
03-20-2010, 10:18 AM
I figure they will have no problem selling these 1400 seats, its not that many. I can tell you though, and by no means does this represent any kind of poll but I let a few of my friends without season tickets know that these were available Monday and I could purchase whatever games they were interested in for them...well they all said the same thing, "$40 each ticket!? No thanks."

In my eyes just because you have a cup holder and folding seat it doesn't make it worth $40, these seats are still in the end not exactly the best view point.

Vince Whirlwind
03-20-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm betting we see lots and lots of empty seats this year.

This is not NHL/The Leafs and the novelty of TFC has worn off dramatically for the average Torontonian. Interest could be re-kindled by a winning on-field product, but I have my reservations about that happening anytime soon.

Remember when the Jays sold out every game at Skydome? Look at 'em now...I see a similar drop-off in interest in TFC happening.

koryo
03-20-2010, 11:25 AM

This is not NHL/The Leafs and the novelty of TFC has worn off dramatically for the average Torontonian. Interest could be re-kindled by a winning on-field product, but I have my reservations about that happening anytime soon.

Remember when the Jays sold out every game at Skydome? Look at 'em now...I see a similar drop-off in interest in TFC happening.

Bang on Vince. We saw a tangible drop in crowds toward the end of last year.

cmonyoureds
03-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Basic marketing. MLSE is after discretionary spending $'s of fans. The more DIFFERENT fans they fill seats with, the greater wallet share of the public they gain. Especially in a market where, right now anyways, the majority of revenue is probably not coming from low priced tickets in the supporter end.
The more the team/stadium develop, the more you really have to hand it to the marketing/business geniuses at MLSE, despite the fact that fans are p**** about prices. I mean really, the past few seasons you could argue that we've been paying them for the privilege of developing and generating their publicity. As mentioned earlier, how much of that $40 is based on the idea of "a great view of the supporter end show".

Mark in Ottawa
03-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Most scalpers tickets from what I have seen are sold for around $40 - $50 for the cheap seats. That means that the scalpers will not be buying these tickets when they go on sale next week.
I respectfully disagree.
Scalpers will buy any ticket that they think will turn them a profit.
If they can generate a shortage of tickets by buying up a bunch of tickets and lessening supply they will.

Thankfully the club has smartened up and limited the pre-purchase to 2 tickets per game. This should limit the number that the scalpers can snap up before the general public gets at least a crack at any leftovers.

Mark in Ottawa
03-20-2010, 11:42 AM

And what would stop the supporters groups from offering tickets to the supporters group members first and then at a preset time before a game offer the rest to newbies at cost and not at scalpers prices?

It would be a great way to introduce newbies to the supporters group/section and possibly end up attracting new members.

Max Power
03-20-2010, 12:40 PM
It's MLSE. Until TFC or and any other Toronto based team is owned by someone else, there will most likely not be any real effort to create a Championship team in T.O. It's just a cash cow, and the fans are caught in the middle.

grizzle
03-20-2010, 06:44 PM
So what's the difference between the front of 115 and 132F other than $34 per ticket? ***Shaking my head***

Cuchulain
03-21-2010, 01:50 PM

It is a World Cup year. I think interest in soccer will generally be up and people will be in the stands.

stugautz
03-22-2010, 09:05 AM
The DBlue seats in the north end. Are those field level tables? They go for $60 each, but I can't find any more info on them. They're in front of the North Tables.

stugautz
03-22-2010, 09:09 AM
D Blue just brings up another thing to me.

D Blue - Double Blue.
Light Blue for the north end stands.

It's an Argo's conspiracy!!!

Yes this was a joke

Shaughno
03-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Not that I even want the tickets, but I can't access them from my account manager. Stupid TFC and their shit never working! LOL

menefreghista
03-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Not that I even want the tickets, but I can't access them from my account manager. Stupid TFC and their shit never working! LOL

Is your window open yet?

My time is 11 am and I assume that's the reason why.

Shaughno
03-22-2010, 09:23 AM
:rofl: Oops...

menefreghista
03-22-2010, 09:57 AM
The pre-sale is only allowing you to buy tickets in the new north stand.

I was actually going to buy a friend of a friend a pair of centre field seats and wasn't able to.

loconet
03-22-2010, 10:05 AM
The pre-sale is only allowing you to buy tickets in the new north stand.

mlsintoronto said we could buy for other areas as well. :(

menefreghista
03-22-2010, 10:05 AM
I guess they are saving those for the public sale on Wednesday.

sulfur
03-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Tuesday according to Ticketmaster itself.

So... anyone have any luck? None here. From 10:55-11:05, no events listed. At all.

TFC Cityboy
03-22-2010, 10:07 AM
can't get in still "searching"

menefreghista
03-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Tuesday according to Ticketmaster itself.

So... anyone have any luck? None here. From 10:55-11:05, no events listed. At all.

I managed to get in at 10:55am, before I was suppose to be allowed to get in.

Access it from your email link, not the normal account manager. That might work.

Red CB Toronto
03-22-2010, 10:08 AM
I get no events listed too

TFC Cityboy
can we blame this on Mo?

rviewmirror
did you use the link from the email? I had to log out of my account manager, then click on the link (which asked me to sign on again) and the games showed up, but yah, only new seats available.

loconet
03-22-2010, 10:09 AM
I can see the list but it's only giving me north-end .. blah.

screw this, im not buying any if they're only offering north-end.

DangerRed
Same here. Though I did get in yesterday, because the sale was showing as "active" and bought tickets to the Kansas City game. Saving the email confirmation in case they claim my money's no good.

sulfur
I did use the link:

No events

Don't be sending me links if you're not going to give me access. :(

DangerRed
03-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Just got in. Still showing "no events," even though I got the presale email. Fucking bullshit.

Nuvinho
you have to log in, then go to buy packs....the link is there.

Mark in Ottawa
Log out of account manager and then back in. My link was there after I "timed out" and had to log back in.
My posted time was 11:00.

Only North end seats seem available for purchase @ $51. a pop!!

nancymiranda
03-22-2010, 10:11 AM
I logged in and waited for about 3 minutes and got the message "NO EVENTS". I can't believe its been sold out in less than 10 minutes!

mlsintoronto
03-22-2010, 10:11 AM
mlsintoronto said we could buy for other areas as well. :(

There are very few pairs left in the rest of the building. there are only singles (ie not two seats together)

menefreghista
03-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Only North end seats seem available for purchase @ $51. a pop!!

Or $40 for non-premium games.

Nuvinho
most of the seats are now gone.

I got 2 pairs.

sulfur
So... what's up with the "no events" thing when we get the gold list email? Done all of the above, the only thing I can buy is a TFC Gift Card.

Red CB Toronto
There are very few pairs left in the rest of the building. there are only singles (ie not two seats together)

It is still saying No events when I sign into my account manager

Mark in Ottawa
03-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Or $40 for non-premium games.
O. ok... My bad.
I only looked at final home game and July 1st. Both came up at $51.

Stencils
03-22-2010, 10:14 AM
It's working, just the site is being hammered.

DangerRed
This was nicely mishandled. Classic TFC. Guess the hardcores have to line up with the tourists when these go up on Ticketmaster.

David_Oliveira
I just added 3 games. I could only buy in the north end though. Was it only a north end Sale?

Auzzy
CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP! Just noticed the same thing. Only $40 North End seats today. It didn't mention that in the pre-sales emails. Also, from the other thread:

Just to be clear all single tix at BMO go on sale Next week not just North end.

Ok, it could still be later this week. But now this situation is EXACTLY what I was worried about. Only $40 North End tickets are being dangled, but I have to decide w/o knowing if I can get $28 Light Grey tickets, or better $40 Mid-Grey tickets for at least some of the games.

I'm PISSED! I was ready to buy $40 North End tickets for a few popular games, and light greys or mid greys for others, but now I feel like I'm being screwed. I was also hoping to get pairs for friends for a few games, near my own Section Ransom Pack 226 seats. Why can't they release all the tickets today? What a bunch of bullshit. It feels like another ransom pack situation.

Suds
03-22-2010, 10:15 AM
An unusually large number of visitors are accessing our site. You've been placed in line
and will be granted access to the site in the order in which you arrived.

I guess they are going to be popular.

sulfur
03-22-2010, 10:15 AM
So, it appears that you have to be a STH or have bought a ransom pack to get any events listed... for those getting "no events", do you fall into either of those categories?

TFC Cityboy
03-22-2010, 10:16 AM
picked up 2 for the last home game in October as those are tough to get- otherwise $40-51 is a bit rich when acct manager is always so easy...and I get the feeling tickets will be less of a problem to buy this season as some climb off the bandwagon, reaslising we are shite

DangerRed
I was also hoping to get pairs for friends for a few games, near my own Section Ransom Pack 226 seats. Why can't they release all the tickets today? What a bunch of bullshit. It feels like another ransom pack situation.

Funny -- I also have a ransom pack in the 226s (home opener).

Mark in Ottawa
As an experiment I tried logging into account manager again and got...

"An unusually large number of visitors are accessing our site. You've been placed in line and will be granted access to the site in the order in which you arrived."

menefreghista
03-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Why can't they release all the tickets today?

To give the general public a shot as well?

The thing that I find interesting is that the stadium is already full before the north end seats were even sold.

Mark in Ottawa
03-22-2010, 10:18 AM
So, it appears that you have to be a STH or have bought a ransom pack to get any events listed... for those getting "no events", do you fall into either of those categories?
My e-mail from TFC said that 11:00 was for the Gold list (Read partial and ransom pack holders). I have no idea when the Red list gets access.

Carefree
03-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Fuck this. I've been trying for 20 minutes and it's still showing nothing.

Guess I'll be buying my tickets on Craigslist this year.

Auzzy
03-22-2010, 10:20 AM
To give the general public a shot as well?

The thing that I find interesting is that the stadium is already full before the north end seats were even sold.

OK, good point, but there's also something to being on the waiting list & buying ransom packs or full seasons for the privilege. Why can't they release a few, even if they are singles etc?

sulfur
03-22-2010, 10:20 AM
My e-mail from TFC said that 11:00 was for the Gold list (Read partial and ransom pack holders). I have no idea when the Red list gets access.
Mine said that I was a gold list guy. And here's the link. Same email as yours.

The way it works (used to work?) was that once a gold lister, always a gold lister. I bought (as you know) a ransom pack last year, and was moved up to the gold list.

If I'm no longer on the gold list, tell me so, and don't send me gold list emails.

If I am on the gold list, give me the same access as people that bought a ransom pack this year.

menefreghista
03-22-2010, 10:21 AM
picked up 2 for the last home game in October as those are tough to get- otherwise $40-51 is a bit rich when acct manager is always so easy...and I get the feeling tickets will be less of a problem to buy this season as some climb off the bandwagon, reaslising we are shite

Yup. I usually monitor the ticket exchange and it is always full of good tickets.

The only thing that sucks is having to pay $40 for south end tickets for 'premium' matches.

Stencils
03-22-2010, 10:21 AM
I grabbed a pair to the game vs NYSB. Now I can't even find a pair available. Looks like they went faaaast.

Mark in Ottawa
03-22-2010, 10:23 AM
Anyone finding anything but North end seats available?

sulfur
03-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Anyone finding anything but North end seats available?
He stated that only North end tix were available in this pre-sale. Despite the email not saying that at all. :D

olegunnar
03-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Just wait until the season starts.
There will be plenty of seats at lower price points on ticket exchange.

Mark in Ottawa
03-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Mine said that I was a gold list guy. And here's the link. Same email as yours.

The way it works (used to work?) was that once a gold lister, always a gold lister. I bought (as you know) a ransom pack last year, and was moved up to the gold list.

If I'm no longer on the gold list, tell me so, and don't send me gold list emails.

If I am on the gold list, give me the same access as people that bought a ransom pack this year.
Weird. You got the same e-mail so you are on the same list. right?

But just how big is this Gold list?
If you didn't buy this year are you dropped to end of the list?
Does the presale open to all of the Gold list at the same time?

Sorry... I have lotsa questions but no answers :(

Eastend
03-22-2010, 10:28 AM
I got 2 for $40 each all included @ 11:05 in the new section, row 4. Only new North stand available when I got in. The email said we'd only be able to print them Apr 6 but it gave me the option to do so right away.

TFC Cityboy
03-22-2010, 10:29 AM
usual clusterfuck...well done MLSE!

SuperTCP
I was able to get in (after 10 min wait). North Stand only, picked up tickets for my friends.

mlsintoronto
He stated that only North end tix were available in this pre-sale. Despite the email not saying that at all. :D

He me? no - the whole building is available. its just that there are very few pairs. it is mostly single non-pair seats.

SuperTCP
03-22-2010, 10:31 AM
I got 2 @ 11:05 in the new section, row 4. Only new North stand available when I got in. The email said we'd only be able to print them Apr 6 but it gave me the option to do so right away.

Yes, I was able to print right away as well. Hope these tickets work.

mlsintoronto
03-22-2010, 10:31 AM
usual clusterfuck...well done MLSE!

Sorry - contact me personally...I want to understand where the "clusterfuck" is so I can fix it. "Clusterfuck", despite your assertion, is not usual around TFC.

menefreghista
03-22-2010, 10:32 AM
He me? no - the whole building is available. its just that there are very few pairs. it is mostly single non-pair seats.

If that's the case, why is there only access to the new north seats?

menefreghista
03-22-2010, 10:33 AM
"Clusterfuck", despite your assertion, is not usual around TFC.

Except for the management of the roster. :facepalm:

Clusterfuck would be too kind a word to describe how Mo Johnston has worked this off season.

rviewmirror
03-22-2010, 10:34 AM
For anyone looking, it appears all ticket prices (sections) are now available.

menefreghista
03-22-2010, 10:35 AM
For anyone looking, it appears all ticket prices (sections) are now available.

That's fucking bullshit. Now that I've logged out and gave up they fix it.

Thanks for the heads up.

rviewmirror
03-22-2010, 10:37 AM
to home opener, still only light blue seats in pairs, but you can find single seats in the greys

Auzzy
03-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Yup, now the availability has changed, they added the other tickets. After I already blew $40 on a few games, and couldn't find seats for friends anywhere near my partial pack seats.

Sorry, man, this was another screw up.

Mark in Ottawa
03-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Once in account manager click on "Buy Packages" and the link to the single seat sale is there. I tried july 1st and was offered $51. seats in the North.

I refused em by clicking search again and when the site refreshed I got a choice of seats including a pair in the light grey (227 or 219) at $42.

So there are some seats other than the North end available... just as MLSinToronto said there were. It just takes a bit of "creative navigating".

Nuvinho
03-22-2010, 10:41 AM
there are pairs left for the KC game June 5th if people are interested. I noticed some of the other games are all gone.

menefreghista
03-22-2010, 10:43 AM
So there are some seats other than the North end available... just as MLSinToronto said there were. It just takes a bit of "creative navigating".

I don't think its creative navigating. They weren't there at first, but half an hour later they appeared.

In all likelihood some one at TFC or ticketmaster fucked up and only made the Light Blue seats available.

Maybe this thread tipped them off?

rviewmirror
03-22-2010, 10:44 AM
I don't think its creative navigating. They weren't there at first, but half an hour later they appeared.

In all likelihood some one at TFC or ticketmaster fucked up and only made the Light Blue seats available.

Or MLSE/Ticketmaster had a plan to only release the blues first (say for first half hour of presale) to make sure they sold a bunch of them before releasing the others. This seems more likely, also given that it was exactly 30 minutes before the others went on.

menefreghista
03-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Or MLSE/Ticketmaster had a plan to only release the blues first (say for first half hour of presale) to make sure they sold a bunch of them before releasing the others. This seems more likely, also given that it was exactly 30 minutes before the others went on.

That's a pretty good conspiracy theory. I like it.

DangerRed
03-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Just got in finally -- snagged a pair of dark greys to TFC v NER ($66 each) and a pair of light greys TFC v SS ($28 each). All told, pretty good experience, despite my earlier temper tantrum.

Mark in Ottawa
03-22-2010, 10:59 AM

Could be.
Given as MLSinToronto was monitoring this thread it is a possibility.
All sorts of tickets seem available at the moment.

Pookie
03-22-2010, 10:59 AM
no issues here but if you need pairs the only option was the north stand.

Paul, when does the ticket exchange go live?

olegunnar
03-22-2010, 11:02 AM

My understanding (and it could have changed from year 1) is that there is a manual release of tickets from the FO that's required to put tickets on ticketmaster.

I know that release has been screwed up in the past, so rather than a conspiracy I'd bet they "forgot" to release ALL the tickets, and were reminded after staffers or their boss saw this thread.

SuperTCP
03-22-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm pissed. Better sections were not available at the time of my purchase, so now my friends are stuck with the north seats. If had waited 30mins (or if MLSE did not screw up) I could of gotten them seats elsewhere in the stadium. I am not happy.

MLSE - offer me decent seasons next year (not partial pack or ransom pack again) - and I'll forgive you.

sully
03-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Yes, I was able to print right away as well. Hope these tickets work.

Yeah, I printed them right away too. I bought 6 pairs for friends, but the ticket says they are issued to me. That wouldn't be a problem, right?

Auzzy
03-22-2010, 11:43 AM
I was able to get seats (mostly pairs, some singles) for most of the games that I wanted. For my "gold list" account, I can actually login again right now, using the special link sent via email this morning, and I could still purchase more tickets now, at various price levels, if I wanted. Generally, light grey availability is now the tightest: only available for some games, and only singles AFAIK. Mid- & dark-grey availability is better incl. some pairs; blue (north stands) the best, with pairs still available for most games.

Paul Beirne, something strange definitely happened. Early in the pre-sale hour, only North Stand seats were being offered for all the games that I checked. (EDIT: that includes singles, pairs, whatever.) I made some stupid decisions as a result. Partway through the hour, the situation changed. Even for the exact same games for which only North Stand was being offered at first, other sections became available later in the hour. I was always using the same pre-sale link from the email. Was this intended? It was annoying.

Nuvinho
03-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I printed them right away too. I bought 6 pairs for friends, but the ticket says they are issued to me. That wouldn't be a problem, right?

Not a problem. I've had my name on the tickets in the past, and gave them to friends.

I normally just forward them from my account to my friend's email address.

grizzle
03-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Everytime I go to buy a pair it processes like an order but says $0 in price. Then when I go back to the main screen it appears everything is gone...

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/3120/tfctickets.jpg (http://img245.imageshack.us/i/tfctickets.jpg/)

Auzzy
03-22-2010, 11:58 AM
^ grizzle, I had that for a bit. Can you completely exit your browser, then start fresh with the link from the email? That's what fixed it for me.

Also, after clicking around for a while, I found a log out button, and that would probably also help (again, followed by the original link from the email).

Fiin
03-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Sorry - contact me personally...I want to understand where the "clusterfuck" is so I can fix it. "Clusterfuck", despite your assertion, is not usual around TFC.

you can find me on pbeirne@torontofc.ca.

Do you prefer Chinese firedrill?

TFC Cityboy
03-22-2010, 12:03 PM

you can find me on pbeirne@torontofc.ca.

Paul- thanks...just sent an email.

grizzle
03-22-2010, 12:28 PM
^ grizzle, I had that for a bit. Can you completely exit your browser, then start fresh with the link from the email? That's what fixed it for me.

Also, after clicking around for a while, I found a log out button, and that would probably also help (again, followed by the original link from the email).

Thanks.... ya, after some playing around and closing things down I managed to finally get in, but only got one pair instead of more because it was too much of a pain.

leafsman
03-22-2010, 12:35 PM
waiting list people dont get chance to buy tickets before public? Just called and asked when on sale, asked if i had a partial pack and i dont so she said wednesday

Eastend
03-22-2010, 12:43 PM
^^I would think waiting list is the same as public.

Darlofletch
03-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Had a friend who just got back to me at 1:00, and was able to get in and get north stand pairs for her with no problem, so You've got one satisfied customer at least.

DangerRed
03-22-2010, 12:58 PM
If you think $40 or $51 a pop is bad for the north-end tickets, you should take the following Craigslist post that went up into consideration:

Toronto FC Season Opener (New North End Section) - $150

Date: 2010-03-22, 1:37PM EDT
Reply to: sale-ysmjy-1655703848@craigslist.org (sale-ysmjy-1655703848@craigslist.org?subject=Toronto%20FC%20S eason%20Opener%20(New%20North%20End%20Section)%20-%20%24150&body=%0A%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Ftoronto.craigslist.ca%2Fto r%2Ftix%2F1655703848.html%0A) [Errors when replying to ads? (http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/replying_to_posts)]

Come watch TFC's season opener against MLS new expansion team Philadelphia Union! April 15th @7pm

$150 for the pair sec. 132

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1655703848

Auzzy
03-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Sorry, I don't base what I think is reasonable on what some scalper thinks he can charge. By that measure...

I was hoping that the north end seats would be in the light-grey price range (28 regular game, or $42 """""""Premium""""""" game), based on their distance to the centre of the pitch, the cost of the adjacent sections (127 & 104), the cost of the south-end seats, and the restricted view of the scoreboard. (And perhaps also the expected quality of play & the cost of other tickets around MLS???? Naah forget about that.)

By today, i had come to terms with the cost of the north-end seats. But based on everything we heard, I was hoping to have a choice of sections available, at least a few light-, mid- & dark grey in addition to the north end.

What many people are pissed about today is that the pre-sales window started with ONLY north end seats available. So I had to decide about those, before I knew if/when other sections would be available. Later in the time window, other sections because available. But by then it was already too late, as I had already purchased tickets for the north-end for more games than I otherwise would have.

Petor
03-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Old Murphy had fun with me today!
I think one of his laws is "the more you are in a hurry the slower everything else goes".

Managed to get covered at work while buying the tickets.
Tried account manager right at 11:00am, was told that site was extremely busy and not to refresh or go back or I would lose my spot in line. Finally get in at 11:10am and find only light blues available(plenty, pairs too) for every game. I double checked every game and yup, only blues. Ran out of time I said fook it and decided I would buy tickets later on.
An hour or so later I checked again and lo and behold different shades of grey available as well as blues, so I started buying tickets. I went as fast as I could and managed to get seats to 8 games, some in 110, 227, 229 etc. I was quite proud of myself and went home, well I was proud until I read the confirmation email, two of the games I already have in my "All Seasons" package. :facepalm:
The two were dates are directly above or below the dates that I wanted.
I guess nextime I'll wear my glasses. :redface:
I emailed my ticket rep and he suggested ticket exchange.
Oh well, at least I have tickets! :flare::scarf::flare:

mlsintoronto
03-22-2010, 04:23 PM
I emailed my ticket rep and he suggested ticket exchange.

That don't sound right. PM me and I'll have someone help you out.

Auzzy
03-22-2010, 04:30 PM
mlsintoronto, any comment on why only North End seats were available, from approx. 11am to approx. 11:30am?

Kthxbai

cosmos
03-22-2010, 04:40 PM
waiting list people dont get chance to buy tickets before public? Just called and asked when on sale, asked if i had a partial pack and i dont so she said wednesday
Went on Ticketmaster and it said that tickets go on pre sale 10am Tuesday

sulfur
03-22-2010, 04:42 PM
I talked to my rep, and he sorted everything out for me. Told me that they were investigating, and trying to figure out what had happened. Apparently, I wasn't the only one to call. Heh.

Auzzy: North End seats are still available when I check now. If you mean, why were only those ones available? My best guess is that someone dropped the ball and forgot to release the other seats.

mlsintoronto
03-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Auzzy check your PM

Auzzy
03-22-2010, 04:56 PM
I talked to my rep, and he sorted everything out for me. Told me that they were investigating, and trying to figure out what had happened. Apparently, I wasn't the only one to call. Heh.

Auzzy: North End seats are still available when I check now. If you mean, why were only those ones available? My best guess is that someone dropped the ball and forgot to release the other seats.

Yup, that's what I meant. I know what is still available now -- I've checked.

jazzy
03-22-2010, 05:17 PM
It is a World Cup year. I think interest in soccer will generally be up and people will be in the stands.

Wait you're comparin World Cup football, with our hopefull 11, baring no injuries, if anything they'll feel shortchanged

Dudebroguy
03-23-2010, 07:12 AM
Anyone know when all the tix we purchased will show up in our account for printing? I didn't print them off right away. I'm assuming in a couple of days but just want to make sure. Cheers.

sulfur
03-23-2010, 07:43 AM
April 6.

Dudebroguy
03-23-2010, 07:48 AM
Thank you Sulfur!

cosmos
03-23-2010, 09:38 AM
My presale for red waiting list is 2-6 PM today - anyone earlier?

Scrap that - just saw on Ticketmaster - 10 am-2 pm for red waiting list - 2 -6pm for filed insiders - whatever that means?

SilverSamurai
03-23-2010, 09:42 AM
Nothing available :(
Well all I can find is north end stuff.

Fongnation
03-23-2010, 09:44 AM
Mine was 10am for red list. Got a pair for the opener, figured ive sat in every other stand. Might as well go for the quadruple crown

cosmos
03-23-2010, 09:54 AM
My presale for red waiting list is 2-6 PM today - anyone earlier?

Scrap that - just saw on Ticketmaster - 10 am-2 pm for red waiting list - 2 -6pm for filed insiders - whatever that means?

What is the difference between red waiting list and BMO Field INsider - I thought I was on the red waiting list but got the field insider time - is it if you bought a ticket package of some sort?

SilverSamurai
03-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Mine was 10am for red list. Got a pair for the opener, figured ive sat in every other stand. Might as well go for the quadruple crown
Congrats.
I wanted a pair in the south end vs. Montreal.
Nada.
Hope I can find something here or maybe i'll have to settle for watching on tv.

menefreghista
03-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Congrats.
I wanted a pair in the south end vs. Montreal.
Nada.
Hope I can find something here or maybe i'll have to settle for watching on tv.

To be fair, there were never any south end seats available, even at yesterdays 11am slot.

I'm sure you can find Montreal tickets in the ssh exchange in the lead up to the game. Especially because its a weekday game.

leafsman
03-23-2010, 10:08 AM
i hate that damn ticketmaster fee, still cheaper than those damn marlies packs though

Globetrotter
03-23-2010, 10:08 AM
philly, houston, real SL, columbus.... what was the 5th "premium" game?

Eastend
03-23-2010, 10:10 AM
philly, houston, real SL, columbus.... what was the 5th "premium" game?

probably LAG

Globetrotter
03-23-2010, 10:11 AM
^nope. LA is not, and was not last year. And i have no idea what i did to make that red and bold.

Eastend
03-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Chicago?

Globetrotter
03-23-2010, 10:51 AM
^it appears to be NER on the victoria day weekend.

SilverSamurai
03-23-2010, 10:55 AM
To be fair, there were never any south end seats available, even at yesterdays 11am slot.

I'm sure you can find Montreal tickets in the ssh exchange in the lead up to the game. Especially because its a weekday game.
WTF? Really?
Guess that explains it!
Ah well thanks!

Mark in Ottawa
03-23-2010, 11:07 AM
WTF is going on?? I get an e-mail from TFC late Monday.
It states that "as a Toronto FC Insider, your pre-sale for 2010 single match tickets is tomorrow from 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Any remaining seats will go on sale to the public Wednesday morning. please note there will be a limit of four tickets per match."

Yesterday (Monday) during the gold list pre-sale the limit was TWO per match.
I guess this is an attempt to spread the tickets around but ends up being a pain as I can't continue to just drop whatever I am doing at work to sculk off and spent time fighting ticketbastard!

menefreghista
03-23-2010, 11:09 AM
WTF is going on?? I get an e-mail from TFC late Monday.
It states that "as a Toronto FC Insider, your pre-sale for 2010 single match tickets is tomorrow from 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Any remaining seats will go on sale to the public Wednesday morning. please note there will be a limit of four tickets per match."

Yesterday (Monday) during the gold list pre-sale the limit was TWO per match.
I guess this is an attempt to spread the tickets around but ends up being a pain as I can't continue to just drop whatever I am doing at work to sculk off and spent time fighting ticketbastard!

Maybe they didn't sell as much as they were expecting yesterday?

Mark in Ottawa
03-23-2010, 11:11 AM
If you think $40 or $51 a pop is bad for the north-end tickets, you should take the following Craigslist post that went up into consideration:

Toronto FC Season Opener (New North End Section) - $150

Date: 2010-03-22, 1:37PM EDT
Reply to: sale-ysmjy-1655703848@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads? (http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/replying_to_posts)]

Come watch TFC's season opener against MLS new expansion team Philadelphia Union! April 15th @7pm

$150 for the pair sec. 132

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1655703848

Scalper Alert! Not a big surprise though is it?
Just remember folks not only is selling these tickets above face value against the law... so is buying them.... if you care.

James17930
03-23-2010, 11:24 AM
This may have been mentioned somewhere in this thread already, but they really, really have to drop this 'Premium MLS match' crap.

THERE ARE NO PREMIUM MLS MATCHES. They're all the same.

That's a major scam, in my mind.

GET RID OF IT.

Please.

Petor
03-23-2010, 05:38 PM
That don't sound right. PM me and I'll have someone help you out.

Got everything straightened out today, thanks for all your help!
Wishes do come true! :)

SuperTCP
03-24-2010, 08:38 AM
This may have been mentioned somewhere in this thread already, but they really, really have to drop this 'Premium MLS match' crap.

GET RID OF IT.

Please.

I 2nd this.

menefreghista
03-24-2010, 09:15 AM
Meh, I don't really have a problem with it. Its actually a new trend in professional sports and will become even more of a norm.

The Jays have a two-tier ticket price level as well.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Premiership Prices.......Conference Quality!

makes sense to me....

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-24-2010, 10:24 AM

GET RID OF IT.

Please.

so true..i wonder who came up with that idea......theshitebulls were prem games last season..

ilikemusic
03-24-2010, 10:46 AM

GET RID OF IT.

Please.

Its a huge ****ing scam.

It was originally just an excuse to charge more when Beckham and DeRo came to town. Now they have no excuse at all. They just apply the title 'premium' to a random game.

mastermixer
03-24-2010, 10:48 AM
And who decides what games are premium? The team or the League? Do other teams have this policy?

ilikemusic
03-24-2010, 10:50 AM
And who decides what games are premium? The team or the League? Do other teams have this policy?

Other teams sell 'premium games'?!

:lol:

If they do, im sure their 'premium games' go for regular price, and include free parking, drinks and food.

James17930
03-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Its a huge ****ing scam.

It was originally just an excuse to charge more when Beckham and DeRo came to town. Now they have no excuse at all. They just apply the title 'premium' to a random game.

Yeah. it's absolute garbage.

It's gotta go.

cosmos
03-24-2010, 03:28 PM
A lot of tickets still available on the first day of single ticket sales. I would have thought it would have sold out quickly especially the first home game. I rushed to get pre sale tickets but could have cooled the jets and picked up a decent pair today. Has the excitement gone down this year for tickets or with the 1400 extra seats the difficulty in getting tickets is gone?

menefreghista
03-24-2010, 03:30 PM
A lot of tickets still available on the first day of single ticket sales. I would have thought it would have sold out quickly especially the first home game. I rushed to get pre sale tickets but could have cooled the jets and picked up a decent pair today. Has the excitement gone down this year for tickets or with the 1400 extra seats the difficulty in getting tickets is gone?

Generally speaking, people don`t want to pay over $50 per seat to watch this team.

Luanda
03-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Well, I just tried for 2 tixs at over $135 total (plus fees): no thanks.

menefreghista
03-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Just checked and you can still get tickets in the new North End for the home opener.

Petor
03-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Just checked and you can still get tickets in the new North End for the home opener.

You can still get a pair in the north end.! :P

nfitz
03-24-2010, 05:00 PM
And who decides what games are premium? The team or the League? Do other teams have this policy?The team.

If you look this year, the dates are the home opener, the home closer, Canada Day, Victoria Day weekend, and the game against last seasons champions (Real Salt Lake). Not sure about the latter in terms of demand!

If we had empty seats some of the time, I can understand the policy; as it maximizes profit. But for a completely sold out stadium, I'd think simply increasing the regular games a bit, and decreasing the premium games, so that you were revenue neutral on the whole thing would be simpler.

Sab0tage
03-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Premiership Prices.......Conference Quality!

makes sense to me.... For real. I just got tickets to see West Ham and Wigan play for 35 pounds a seat and they're in the 8th row behind the net. Not exactly top of the line EPL quality, but still miles better then TFC.

GBV
03-25-2010, 08:21 AM
they really are playing with fire.
if the team is shit halfway through the season, i expect lots of empty seats.
there was already signs of it last year.
and they still jacked up the prices.

GBV
03-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Generally speaking, people don`t want to pay over $50 per seat to watch this team.

The draw of live sports for many people isn't only entertainment and atmosphere, but also "star power."
You know, the "I'm going to see Kobe Bryant" types.
This league ain't got much in the way of star power.
(And this team ain't got that much in the way of entertainment, I'll add. Props for atmosphere though.)

Again, playing with fire.

menefreghista
03-25-2010, 08:24 AM
they really are playing with fire.
if the team is shit halfway through the season, i expect lots of empty seats.
there was already signs of it last year.
and they still jacked up the prices.

Agreed.

A day later, and there are still pairs available for the home opener.

menefreghista
03-25-2010, 08:27 AM
The draw of live sports for many people isn't only entertainment and atmosphere, but also "star power."
You know, the "I'm going to see Kobe Bryant" types.
This league ain't got much in the way of star power.
(And this team ain't got that much in the way of entertainment, I'll add. Props for atmosphere though.)

Again, playing with fire.

Again, agreed.

The other thing professional sport franchises sell is hope. Hope the team will be a contender, playoff team, competitive, etc.. Or at least the hope that the team is moving in the right direction.

Its really hard for the average TFC fan to have optimism coming into this season.

Well, lets look on the bright side, maybe we wont face a big increase on our tickets for next year.

Joe Kool
03-25-2010, 08:51 AM
Well, lets look on the bright side, maybe we wont face a big increase on our tickets for next year.

Don't count on that...ticket prices for Toronto sports teams is a beast of it's own. Demand would have to drop considerably before they would even consider changing the business formula for increasing their profit and revenue.

GBV
03-25-2010, 09:13 AM
^ demand is going down, hard to argue that.
still seats available for the home opener etc.
i know three people on the season ticket "waiting list" and all three were invited to buy seasons for this year as they were available.

James17930
03-25-2010, 09:56 AM
^ demand is going down, hard to argue that.
still seats available for the home opener etc.
i know three people on the season ticket "waiting list" and all three were invited to buy seasons for this year as they were available.

One positive interpretation could be that some scalpers are giving up their seats . . .