PDA

View Full Version : Rumor-TFC team members, coaches in fight?

jloome
03-18-2010, 02:30 AM
From the last poster after last night's game, on Ives' blog, www.soccerbyives.net

Major "bust up" near TFC locker room involving Preki, De Ro, De Guzman and Johnston + TFC trainer. Things are not well in TFC land. BTW Preki has been censored from speaking to TFC media...comments now handled by assistant coach Nick Dasovic.

Reply March 18, 2010 at 01:44 AM

Oh_yeah said in reply to RODE POSSEE...
I am not surprise by this incident. Preki have been acting like he has been a head coach for ten years. He is only been a head coach for two or three years with chivas. I think that he is rubbing the guys the wrong way. The way they traded Robinson showed no class.

CretanBull
03-18-2010, 04:24 AM
I'm not surprised at all....hopefully someone down there will have some more details.

MFG1
03-18-2010, 05:02 AM
now these are the rumors i like to hear because if this team is still going to be shitty, they might as well make it ugly and shitty. kep it coming TFC it justifies my last season ticket purchase i will make.

colman1860
03-18-2010, 05:32 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UXXtCpkeKiA/So0IuKalV2I/AAAAAAAAKxg/55Bt0PvGP5k/s400/shit_hits_the_fan.jpg

wzhxvy
03-18-2010, 05:56 AM
Oh my goodness...seriously ? Now this is what we have come to. Someone in MLSE wake the f up and deal with this NOW.

rocker
03-18-2010, 06:19 AM
wish the poster had put more detail on who was at who... what the Trainer has to do with anything, i dunno.

boban
03-18-2010, 06:26 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UXXtCpkeKiA/So0IuKalV2I/AAAAAAAAKxg/55Bt0PvGP5k/s400/shit_hits_the_fan.jpg
:smilielol5:

boban
03-18-2010, 06:38 AM
Oh my goodness...seriously ? Now this is what we have come to. Someone in MLSE wake the f up and deal with this NOW.
They're too busy counting their money.

OneLoveOneEric
03-18-2010, 06:39 AM
At least it's a sign of life.

WHITEY
03-18-2010, 06:42 AM
LMAO fucking pre-season and they are already allegedly scrapping amongst themselves! This season is shaping up to be quite the dog's breakfast LOL!

Broadview
03-18-2010, 06:53 AM
At least it's a sign of life.

That's what I was thinking.

While that post on Ives' blog is anonymous and entirely unsubstantiated, it's also very believable at the same time.

I don't suppose there's any actual Toronto press down there to cover this, I don't imagine Luke and Asif are allowed to be entirely forthcoming. They're missing a helluva story if it's even partly true.

Mikey
03-18-2010, 06:57 AM
Don't see it being much of a fight.
Shots going wide, nobody able to connect with anyone else, and Garcia arriving 45 seconds after its all over......

Keystone FC
03-18-2010, 06:57 AM
I'm not surprised at all ....if it is true. There is alot of pressure on everyone and I think it's boiling over on all levels except putting the ball in the net.
This is the 4th season and the montra is 'Playoffs OR Bust'. Last year they wanted to make the playoffs, this year we WILL make the playoffs.
But the way the team is shaping up and all the players that have been traded, sent packing, and cut and none coming in, it's putting alot of tress on the players, coaches, trainers, AND FO.
They need to stop fighting each other and fighting the team they are playing on the pitch for the bal.

KRO
03-18-2010, 07:05 AM
I was going to post today that all these pre-season red cards are an indication that we have an unhappy group of players. If true this proves it.

rocker
03-18-2010, 07:08 AM
I was going to post today that all these pre-season red cards are an indication that we have an unhappy group of players. If true this proves it.

unhappy coach too on the side of the players? cuz if the poster is correct in his assertions, Preki is banned from talking.

wzhxvy
03-18-2010, 07:10 AM
I am sorry but I dont buy the pressure argument. What I buy/guess is that:

1. Preki is antagonizing some of these guys...
2. That all the players think they are part of a shit show with a Mo as the lead...and we all know what people think of him and what he is
3. Preki is starting to get handled by MO...
4. All of the above will get worse if not addressed

Mikey
03-18-2010, 07:11 AM
unhappy coach too on the side of the players? cuz if the poster is correct in his assertions, Preki is banned from talking.

I would think him being gagged would be more to do with the ham fisted way he publicly handled Robbo being stabbed in the back.

rocker
03-18-2010, 07:13 AM
I would think him being gagged would be more to do with the ham fisted way he publicly handled Robbo being stabbed in the back.

which is a disagreement between the coach and the FO.

Obviously we can't read too much into the anonymous poster (who knows if the details are totally accurate). We also can't assume it's "Dero/Deguz" vs "Preki/Mo".

WHITEY
03-18-2010, 07:13 AM
I am sorry but I dont buy the pressure argument. What I buy/guess is that:

1. Preki is antagonizing some of these guys...
2. That all the players think they are part of a shit show with a Mo as the lead...and we all know what people think of him and what he is
3. Preki is starting to get handled by MO...
4. All of the above will get worse if not addressed

Exactly, its 4 fucking preseason matches and they are supposed to be "under pressure"? Jesus fuck if that's the case we have some serious issues!

zamperina
03-18-2010, 07:15 AM
It's a shit storm Randy!

tovan
03-18-2010, 07:18 AM
In other news Ali Gerba has signed with the NYRB and TFC have signed Sandro Grande... :jester:

FluSH
03-18-2010, 07:19 AM
I'm not surprised at all....hopefully someone down there will have some more details.

yes... where are our sources?! come on fellas...

mmmikey
My guess is dero Vs either mo or preki with theothers trying to hold em back.

My wish? Jdg and dero triumphant as the trainer sprays ice water on mo's face!!

David_Oliveira
Maybe One of our boys in Charlston may have a scoop

Phil
03-18-2010, 07:20 AM
yes... where are our sources?! come on fellas...

Sleeping? It was St. Patricks day...

menefreghista
03-18-2010, 07:21 AM
I wonder if DeGuzman and DeRosario aren't happy with the treatment of Gerba or Serioux? On top of all the other shit that's been going on in the last few weeks.

Shaughno
03-18-2010, 07:22 AM
Not surprising to be honest. As some have mentioned, at least it's a sign of life. Somebody cares. Whether it be everyone vs Mo, or group vs group within the team, at least there is some heart in that locker room that wants this team to win.

FluSH
03-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Sleeping? It was St. Patricks day...

damn it!!!!

FluSH
03-18-2010, 07:31 AM
ok... so reading between the lines of the post:

Major "bust up" near TFC locker room involving Preki, De Ro, De Guzman and Johnston + TFC trainer. Things are not well in TFC land. BTW Preki has been censored from speaking to TFC media...comments now handled by assistant coach Nick Dasovic

It seems the poster has to be a member of the media... how else would he know that Preki has been censored from speaking to media? My guess is he's a soccer journo from the U.S. who saw the events unfold...

Shaughno
03-18-2010, 07:33 AM
The way that reads....

Preki, DeRo, De Guz and Johnston + Trainer

Seems like it's Mo and his boys vs the team??

London
03-18-2010, 07:34 AM
no one down here seen that as far as i know, but we also were runnning out of the stadium after the match to go to st pattys day

McBrace
03-18-2010, 07:34 AM
Well I hope one of them got a good one in on Mo!

FluSH
03-18-2010, 07:42 AM
I guess it's time to alter STEVEN SANDOR's quote:

“It’s like kindergarten, little kids [fighting] in the sandbox.”

Preki is a no nonsense type of guy... this team needs discipline... maybe some ass whooping will get everyone in line...

we need someone to go in that locker room and just knock some sense into everyone... we need Charles Oakley! :D

FluSH
03-18-2010, 07:43 AM
no one down here seen that as far as i know, but we also were runnning out of the stadium after the match to go to st pattys day

Have you guys been drinking?! get us the scoop!!!!

mastermixer
03-18-2010, 07:43 AM
My guess? Preki, DeRo and JDG all confronted MO right after the game about what a shitty team he has put together and the trainer was trying to stop it. Pure speculation but that's what's running through my head.

Forget the season cuz that's a write-off anyways, we need a TFCtv reality show now! Stick them all in a house together and every week we get to vote someone off.

tfcleeds
03-18-2010, 07:44 AM
News re: this team just keeps getting better and better...

Oldtimer
03-18-2010, 07:44 AM
Fire Mo, clean house. Mo and his man, Preki need to go!

WHITEY
03-18-2010, 07:47 AM
LOL 4 preseason matches and the coach needs to go? This is gonna be an entertaining thread!

Cashcleaner
03-18-2010, 07:47 AM
Is THIS what our club's identity is going to end up being? I mean, I know we're always trying to better define ourselves as a club, but this is how we're doing it?

TFC - The club where no-one gets along.

I mean, fuck, that's pretty accurate isn't it?

Shaughno
03-18-2010, 07:52 AM
Fire Mo, clean house. Mo and his man, Preki need to go!

LOL what a joke. READ it dude, it reads Preki/DeRo/DeGuz vs Mo/trainer.

Mo can go, I'd like to give Preki a shot to actually build a team. I thought originally that maybe Preki would have some freedom to build his own team (sort of) but it looks to me like Mo's sticking his fingers in the pie again.

London
03-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Have you guys been drinking?! get us the scoop!!!!

i think a few stuck around after the match, but to tell you the truth, i was pissed off at the matches effort and realy wanted nothing to do with TFC at that point.

My breaking point could come saturday

FluSH
03-18-2010, 07:55 AM
LOL 4 preseason matches and the coach needs to go? This is gonna be an entertaining thread!

I'm actually in support of the coach... I think he's a brand of discipline that we need... some people don't like beign scolded by Dad, but that's how it goes...

WHITEY
03-18-2010, 07:57 AM
I'm actually in support of the coach... I think he's a brand of discipline that we need... some people don't like beign scolded by Dad, but that's how it goes...

I agree FluSH, I was just laughing at the fact somebody wants Preki fired after 4 preseason matches HAHA!

FluSH
03-18-2010, 07:57 AM
Now rumour or not... we have learned something about this thread:

Noone is schocked at the news...

nobody.

Which is sad really...

Krasno.pL.
03-18-2010, 07:58 AM
Dont Like it Leave.... Learn to Respect the Coach no matter what hes bitching at.

oh and Fuck Mo :D

Shaughno
03-18-2010, 07:58 AM
Exactly Flush... besides you can't just keep tossing coaches aside. Eventually (or already) you'll get a reputation for it and then good luck trying to bring in a decent coach. Stick with Preki, even if we absolutely flunk this season. Then toss mo to the wolves and let Preki rebuild.

At this point, it seems this seasons fucked... so might as well let Preki start his own thing.

canadian_bhoy
03-18-2010, 07:59 AM
Blow it all up and let Steve Nicol sort it out.

wzhxvy
03-18-2010, 08:00 AM
What a farce our team has become...not to mention that we had 4 players on the bench in a preason meaningless friendly yesterday....one more time...4 players on the bench in a preseason meaningless friendly...

Shaughno
03-18-2010, 08:00 AM
...and not starting Said? A guy we're supposedly trying to sign? WTF??? Then playing him out of position? Why???

I_AM_CANADIAN
03-18-2010, 08:01 AM
Pathetic, if true. We pay through the nose to see these bums lose every year, the least they can do is not start hating each other before the season even starts. More and more I'm starting to think that the term "professional athlete" is a misnomer when applied to our players.

koryo
03-18-2010, 08:02 AM

Mo can go, I'd like to give Preki a shot to actually build a team. I thought originally that maybe Preki would have some freedom to build his own team (sort of) but it looks to me like Mo's sticking his fingers in the pie again.

Ditto. Has it occurred to anyone that perhaps the catalyst for this locker room "bust-up" is that Mo is trying to tell Preki how to run his team and Preki isn't having it?

This thread needs something concrete. I'm afraid a comment from a poster doesn't hold weight as a trusted source as far as I'm concerned.

End of the day, Johnston is the only one that needs to leave town.

Shaughno
03-18-2010, 08:03 AM
Agreed on all points Koryo.

I_AM_CANADIAN
03-18-2010, 08:04 AM
OK... I've already done my share of conclusion-jumping for the day by accepting a completely sourceless rumour based on a blog post on a notoriously inaccurate news source. I'm not prepared to believe that it was 'everyone against Mo' as much as I would also like to see him gone.

WHITEY
03-18-2010, 08:05 AM
Ditto. Has it occurred to anyone that perhaps the catalyst for this locker room "bust-up" is that Mo is trying to tell Preki how to run his team and Preki isn't having it?

This thread needs something concrete. I'm afraid a comment from a poster doesn't hold weight as a trusted source as far as I'm concerned.

End of the day, Johnston is the only one that needs to leave town.

Agreed!

ManUtd4ever
03-18-2010, 08:06 AM
I have never been as disgusted with the club as I am now. The headlines eminating out of TFC camp just seem to be getting more dispicable by the day. I would not be surprised if there is any validity to this rumour because anyone watching the games in preseason can sense the tension on this club based on the body language and temperament of most of the players. If there is a season to be played, I suppose it's better for all of us in the long run that the shit boils over sooner rather than later...

TFC John
03-18-2010, 08:07 AM
Some us went to the 3 Lions after the game last night. We saw no indication of anything like this. We saw a few of the players leaving and getting in the vans. We didn't talk to them because .. well we had just watched that shambles and we didn't think they deserved any praise. Connie and I talked to Malcolm the Kit Man. He was his usual cheerful self. When I made a comment about the coach needing to talk to the boys he was silent.

There is a light practice in about half an hour. We are going to check that out but if there is anything going on they will all be on their best behavior.

Razor
03-18-2010, 08:08 AM
This team is a f'n joke.

Mo is a twat. You've completely ruined TFC.

koryo
03-18-2010, 08:09 AM
At this point a strike is the worst thing that can happen to us. That would only give Cunt-Features - pardon me, Johnston, a stay of execution and perpetuate the current shambolic state of the club.

Parkdale
03-18-2010, 08:13 AM
Connie and I talked to Malcolm the Kit Man. He was his usual cheerful self.

If I was in charge, I'd promote Malcolm to 'Director of Soccer'.

Why? He knows the sport inside and out, is well liked by everyone,
and at the end of the day... he's willing to put up with a bag of dirty drawers for his team.

bgnewf
03-18-2010, 08:14 AM
What a farce our team has become...not to mention that we had 4 players on the bench in a preason meaningless friendly yesterday....one more time...4 players on the bench in a preseason meaningless friendly...

And nine days to kickoff in Columbus. What the frak are they doing???

And with due respect, speculating about the "dust up" without any concrete information smack of the celebrity gossip page in The Metro. Let's refrain people until we have something concrete to go on please.

flambe
03-18-2010, 08:15 AM
I guess it's time to alter STEVEN SANDOR's quote:

“It’s like kindergarten, little kids [fighting] in the sandbox.”

Preki is a no nonsense type of guy... this team needs discipline... maybe some ass whooping will get everyone in line...

a la SAF?

"argh, not the boot gaffer, not the boot"
"a toaster? a flippin' toaster?"

ah, golden.........

Chevy
03-18-2010, 08:18 AM
Shots going wide, nobody able to connect with anyone else, and Garcia arriving 45 seconds after its all over......

:D:D

...but then again, there isn't a "Commanding Centre Back" that could break it up.

Steve
03-18-2010, 08:19 AM

I didn't read it like that at all. In fact, I would be quite surprised if that was the case (though I am not surprised at all that it happened). Here is my completely unfounded take on things:

Preki has been the man making many of the call recently. Robinson gone? That's Preki (Mo just signed him to a new deal), Serioux gone? That's Preki (Again, Mo has tried for a long time to get him, you really think he would just not sign him back?). Guevara gone? Preki again (this one needs no explanation). Gerba gone home? How can that be anyone BUT Preki? Preki is working with the team, if Mo said "Dude sucks" and Preki said "no, let me work on him" Mo wouldn't send him home. Now, our lack of replacement is solely on Mo's shoulders, I agree, but I doubt that is what the scuffle was about.

Think about this, it was DeRo and DeGuzman that were pissed. They are the good Canadian (Scarborough) boys, who are probably not happy with the way Preki has come in and told them what's what. What's more, Serioux was ditched (another Scarborough boy) and Gerba was sent home (a player who has played on the national team with both of them for 5 years, and is currently the all time scoring leader for Canada, usually when set up by DeRo or JDG). Now they came off a game where a player playing Serioux's natural position is sent off for a stupid red, and there was no offense to speak of. I think they confronted Preki after the game (and after being really frustrated with how it turned out) and called him out for ditching useful players for what they may regard as ego reasons (or just to "shake things up"). It probably got heated, and Mo, being the manager sort he is, stepped in to defend his coach. DeRo is the type of player that Preki is going to hate, because he is outspoken, passionate, and has on again off again moments (remember how Preki dealt with Guevara at Chivas?).

Again, I very much doubt Preki was siding with the players against Mo here. I think Mo has to go as much as the next guy, but that's a pipe dream. Anyone who has had a job with a line of command, if you are mad at your boss's boss, and start yelling at them, would your boss a) join you and throw a punch at his/her boss, or b) side with your boss's boss and get you the fuck away (even if they agree with you)?

Daveisonfire
03-18-2010, 08:19 AM
I wish they would show this passion on the pitch...

if true.

TFC Cityboy
03-18-2010, 08:23 AM
I'm sure John (Molinaro) has read the thread and is on his BB trying to get information...
John?

Steve
03-18-2010, 08:23 AM
At this point a strike is the worst thing that can happen to us. That would only give Cunt-Features - pardon me, Johnston, a stay of execution and perpetuate the current shambolic state of the club.

It might give Mo a stay of execution or not. In fact, if I were MLSE, a strike would be the perfect time to move, since if the season is canceled (let's say in the summer) it allows you to get someone in for his job (or just let Preki do it) and gives them more time to build the team (instead of waiting until November and only have a few months of off season to get someone in, familiar with the club, familiar with the coach, and pursuing deals that may take much more time to complete). Additionally, a strike would immediately free us of 500k of useless cap space by running out the contracts of Gerba, Garcia, and Robinson (and maybe a few others). Again, the more I think of it, the better a strike looks for TFC. We need to rebuild, we might need a year to rebuild, instead of having to have players on the roster for that year, let's just blow the whole thing up and start again (though I would keep Frei, DeRo, JDG, Cronin, and Nana).

Phil
03-18-2010, 08:25 AM
I see it like this: A blog had someone report news in a comment section.

So getting down to wording is not worth the effort at the moment.

As others have said, its sad that we can accept this without any doubt regardless if its true or not. It will be intresting to see how the day plays out and what real information comes to light.

Lucky Strike
03-18-2010, 08:27 AM

HAHAHAHA! Post of the year!

Auzzy
03-18-2010, 08:28 AM
If this team were a soap opera, it would be pretty good...

HOWEVER, one half of that blog comment has already been disproved. Preki on TFC TV today. Doesn't seem very pissed off. OK, it's on company TV, and you don't know if there were any other journalists there, nor when it was shot. Looks like the evening though.

In any case, I would take this with a major grain of salt. Not saying the team isn't a joke, or Mo isn't a problem or whatever, I just don't know based on the info we got.

Boris
03-18-2010, 08:29 AM
also keep in mind. Until we have concrete info, any speculation on our part could lead to a full story for someone who is reading our boards.

jwfm1985
03-18-2010, 08:31 AM
This is insane. I cant believe you guys are taking your news from a guy named "RODE POSEEE" on the SBI comments section. Jesus.

Ives posted right after " (SBI-I've been told that this entire scenario never happened. DC and Toronto had some scuffles on the field after the red card, but there was no TFC bust-up after the match.)"

Calm the f down

Mark in Ottawa
03-18-2010, 08:32 AM
Read the comments on the Soccer by Ives column regarding the DCU game.
The report of a dust up comes from an anonymous source and Ives comments that it never happened.

CoachGT
03-18-2010, 08:33 AM
I'm trying to figure out when all of this supposedly happened. I left the stadium within 15 minutes of the end of the game. We saw many of the players leave. By the time I was driving out of the park, DeRo was behind the wheel of one of the vans. JDG was in the front seat next to him, and the van was close to full.

They would have left for the hotel shortly after I left.

If something happened at the pitch, there was not a lot of time for it to happen. And if it happened at the hotel, how would anyone know about it?

Lucky Strike
03-18-2010, 08:35 AM
If this team were a soap opera, it would be pretty good...

HOWEVER, one half of that blog comment has already been disproved. Preki on TFC TV today. Doesn't seem very pissed off. OK, it's on company TV, and you don't know if there were any other journalists there, nor when it was shot. Looks like the evening though.

In any case, I would take this with a major grain of salt. Not saying the team isn't a joke, or Mo isn't a problem or whatever, I just don't know based on the info we got.

Except we'd be the Young and the Hopeless. But yeah, as bad as this sounds, it's completely unproven so far.

But it does beg the question, what purpose would someone have to say something like this if the story is false?

drewski
dunno if this was an edit but is is also on the post now

(SBI-I've been told that this entire scenario never happened. DC and Toronto had some scuffles on the field after the red card, but there was no TFC bust-up after the match.)

Still Kicking
I agree with Steve!
Mo and Preki are peas in a pod. If Preki was not compatible with Mo, he would not be TFC's coach. Those who say fire Mo and let Preki take over should be asked what difference would that make? How is Preki not Mo the sequel.
IF there is turmoil and tension, you could see DeRo and JDG feeling more long term connection to TFC (and Canuck soccer in general) than the bosses. Just who is Preki to turf Serioux and Robbo in such a "kick in the pants" way? Preki can fire everyone to clean house, but only if it leads to success. After last night's game, you could see DeRo and JDG responding to a coach's outburst with "Why should we listen to you, we'll be wearing red long after your time in Toronto has come to an end".
I know this is 100% speculation - but it is more fun than thinking about players who would be content with last night's performance.

Steve
03-18-2010, 08:36 AM
This is insane. I cant believe you guys are taking your news from a guy named "RODE POSEEE" on the SBI comments section. Jesus.

Ives posted right after " (SBI-I've been told that this entire scenario never happened. DC and Toronto had some scuffles on the field after the red card, but there was no TFC bust-up after the match.)"

Calm the f down

And the fact we are taking a news story from a guy that like shows the state of affairs TFC is in. What we see on the field is not a happy team, is not a team fighting for each other, or a team fighting for their coach. It's a team that is not happy to be playing, and is discontent. There are problems in TFC land, whether this fight happened or not I'm afraid.

Though I agree with you that usually you should be skeptical of random posts on blogs, how plausible it is comes in. I mean, if someone said "TFC is signing Henry!" people would question, but if they said "Sanyang seemed pissed when he came out of the locker room" we would believe it, because it makes sense that he would be pissed, even if "YOMAMA69" was reporting it.

jabbronies
03-18-2010, 08:37 AM
It's a shit storm Randy!

The shit hawks are flying!

drewski
can't access from work but it sounds like Preki is allowed to do media...

Paulbeirne (http://twitter.com/Paulbeirne)
RT @LukeWileman (http://twitter.com/LukeWileman): Here's @torontofc (http://twitter.com/torontofc) coach Preki's reaction following last night's defeat http://bit.ly/dw1LfK

Parkdale
I'm trying to figure out when all of this supposedly happened. I left the stadium within 15 minutes of the end of the game. We saw many of the players leave. By the time I was driving out of the park, DeRo was behind the wheel of one of the vans. JDG was in the front seat next to him, and the van was close to full.

If something happened at the pitch, there was not a lot of time for it to happen. And if it happened at the hotel, how would anyone know about it?

okay... there's a report from someone who was there.

this is a full on rumour from the most unlikely of sources (a comment on a blog).

Parkdale
03-18-2010, 08:45 AM
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

^ Preki interview post game.

I_AM_CANADIAN
03-18-2010, 08:47 AM

Thanks... I believe this rumour has been all but debunked.

pekduck
03-18-2010, 08:48 AM
wait.. people are taking comments on a blog seriously these days?

Stouffville_RPB
03-18-2010, 08:50 AM
wait.. people are taking comments on a blog seriously these days?

Forums are next. :D

Brooker
03-18-2010, 08:54 AM
this thread is so ridiculous it aint even worthy of a facepalm

people... get a grip.

spark
03-18-2010, 09:03 AM
can't access from work but it sounds like Preki is allowed to do media...

It looked like it was just for TFCtv, which really isn't media. If there was anyone else there, I stand corrected.

FluSH
03-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Let's all be clear... the majority of people on this thread believe this is just a rumour...

I am one of them. However, the bigger question is the fact that this is not a suprise to anyone if indeed correct.

We have sources down there who will find the truth... and if this is indeed a madeup fantasy than the blogger on that site will be exposed...

Mikey
03-18-2010, 09:17 AM

Calm the f down

It's more of a reflection on the fact that we all know inside that the team is being directed by a bunch of clowns, so a pie fight is an entirely acceptable scenario. :rolleyes:

Bring on the strike, it's our best chance of minimising the embarrasment factor this season.....

Parkdale
03-18-2010, 09:20 AM
so a pie fight is an entirely acceptable scenario. :rolleyes:

http://www.dailyraider.com/tv/simpsonsseason6/clowns.jpg

^ in real life, they're actually on fire

CoachGT
03-18-2010, 09:20 AM
I'm down here and think this whole thing is fantasy. Stuff like this may just make things harder for us to have access to the team in the future.

I think the bigger story from last night is Sanyang giving a two handed push to the ref. I'm not convinced he was being given a red until he did that. It should call for supplemental discipline.

tfcleeds
03-18-2010, 09:22 AM
It's more of a reflection on the fact that we all know inside that the team is being directed by a bunch of clowns, so a pie fight is an entirely acceptable scenario. :rolleyes:

Bring on the strike, it's our best chance of minimising the embarrasment factor this season.....

I agree...it's obvious it's just a rumour, but just with the general way things are going leading up to the season (hopefully there is one) I think people are all too ready to believe it...it seems like it would be fitting.

tfc2007
03-18-2010, 09:25 AM
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

^ Preki interview post game.

Watching that interview, Preki still doesnt seem like his usual self.

prizby
03-18-2010, 09:27 AM
6 games, 2 goals

CoachGT
03-18-2010, 09:29 AM
But on the brighter side of things, we generally look better defensively....

CretanBull
03-18-2010, 09:32 AM

I've said it before, but I can't see Mo hiring someone who would be a challenge or threat to him. Mo has lots of faults, but I don't think that stupidity is one of them.

There's been a desire by some people to view Preki as a hardman who's going to stand up to Mo...I think the reality that we should brace ourselves for is that Preki is going to be a hardman who's going to be enforcing Mo's will in the locker room.

(I'm not directing that towards you, just a general comment that I'm making based on a few things that I've seen posted here over the past few weeks).

Jack
03-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Wow...talk about a "sky is falling" mentality.

Probably some drunk person saw a passionate discussion with some players and the coach after a frustrating game and "interneted" it into a "bust-up".

We know the team is not in great shape as evidenced by their play. But all the rest of this crap is pure speculation.

WTF? Guys, go watch Springer or something!

CoachGT
03-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Drunk people at a soccer pitch on St Paddy's day? Couldn't happen, could it? ;)

greatwhitenorf
03-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Well, I hope the players at least get a chuckle out of this thread. Should re-title this thread. Even better, delete it.

Roogsy
03-18-2010, 09:37 AM
I feel sick to my stomach.

You guys do realize these are exactly the sort of things that happen before there are major locker-room changes. My guess is more players are leaving. Who would want to work in this environment? Losing team and a locker-room that STILL has not healed.

Phil
03-18-2010, 09:39 AM
Well, I hope the players at least get a chuckle out of this thread. Should re-title this thread. Even better, delete it.

Next thing we are going to have MLSR as factual reporting.

Lets just close this up now.

further comments about the game can go here

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=935284#post935284