PDA

View Full Version : Post game: TFC vs DC United 17 Mar 10

Yohan
03-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Well, at least first half was better than against Charleston.

I'll give slight allowances for slippery pitch for all that tripping and terrible first touches. Did Gerba leave White his terrible first touches?
What the hell Sanyang? Are you Harmse in disguise

On positive note, Frei is still awesome. Cann looked ok. Zamperini was a bit all over the place but I still think he's got a role in defence.
Before Sanyang got sent off, the player movement and short passing game was ok. Though I dont think TFC had a shot on target entire game lol

If there is no help coming, it's going to be a loooong season. lol@ 4 outfield players on subs bench...

Yohan
03-17-2010, 08:27 PM
much thanks to TFC FO and whoever set up that stream. no lag whatsoever during the TFC game

dow117
03-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Ibby is too much of a lightweight but I thought the Defence kept decent shape most of the time.. White is a bit slow as well and his touch is not great . Promising stuff from JDG and Said but it does look like a long...season ahead. Dissapointing to where I thought we would be by year 4. We cannot have this personnel revolving door mindset, it smacks of desperation .. stability then success..

Yohan
03-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Ibby had a terrible game. where was Gala?

White can't hold the ball. Heck, no striker in TFC squad can right now. White seems to be slasher kinda striker, needing room created by teammates to be effective.

DOMIN8R
03-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks to the TFC FO for making the stream available.

ArmenJBX
who won?

Heart of Stone
We cannot have this personnel revolving door mindset, it smacks of desperation .. stability then success..

Despite ... I still feel we are on the right track with Dero and JDG now leading us and Robbo and Dichhio sent out to pasture....

ManUtd4ever
03-17-2010, 08:36 PM
An absolutely horrific game by TFC. Absolutely no cohesion whatsoever. I don't think playing down a man was an excuse for the garbage that was on display. I was expecting discipline and tactical play under Preki but thus far it seems TFC has taken a step backwards in both areas since last last season...

ag futbol
03-17-2010, 08:37 PM
Yeah thanks to TFC for the stream. Not everyone gets a view of their club like this in pre-season.

I can't take much away from the first half other than we had trouble breaking down DC's second choice team and Sanyang is Kevin Harmse with a fake birth certificate. Despite my bitching i'll take the second half as a mild positive. We only let in one goal despite being down to ten men.

I still cannot understand why Attakora is played out of position. He's clearly a CB, play him there!

cementhead
03-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Back to year one! No striker and no shots on goal.

koryo
03-17-2010, 08:54 PM
I still cannot understand why Attakora is played out of position. He's clearly a CB, play him there!

Because we clearly have two very good centre backs which deems Nana surplus to requirements in that pos- oh never mind.

Fushida
03-17-2010, 09:00 PM
I had always thought OBW was shite. Some decent performances end of last year had me hoping a real pre-season may help get his act together. But after tonight... man oh man. Slow, clumsy, idiotic passes, horrible touch, zero commitment all around. What I thought was a "quality" of his - effectively turning off the last defender - was gone too. He was completely taken out of the game by Jakovic and James. Moving into the channels meant nothing, since his passes/crosses never made it to one of our players a single time. So what is he good for exactly...?

Never woulda thought I'd be rooting for Barrett's return.

rocker
03-17-2010, 09:03 PM
I liked the CB zamperini.. Cann was OK but nothing special.
obviously they played Nana at RB to make room to check out Zamp and Cann

dantdot
03-17-2010, 09:04 PM
I shut it off after the first goal, did I miss anything?

Pachuco
03-17-2010, 09:07 PM
I shut it off after the first goal, did I miss anything?

I shut it off before the game started and not even I missed anything.

Super
03-17-2010, 09:07 PM
The good news is that we can hardly be any worse than we are right now. The only way is up!

billyfly
03-17-2010, 09:08 PM
All the good vibes from the grass pitch and North Stand will be washed away with a piss poor team I am afraid.

Bars92
03-17-2010, 09:17 PM
^ Luckily this is MLS and anything can happen. There's not a whole lot between 1st and 16th.

jazzy
03-17-2010, 09:20 PM
All the good vibes from the grass pitch and North Stand will be washed away with a piss poor team I am afraid.

+1..as said in another thread, I'm very uncomfortable with how Moe is destroying this team, and praying he doesn't put us in such a hole TFC can't come back.....very uneasy

London
03-17-2010, 09:21 PM
TFC fucking sucks!!!!!!

we will have 11 midfeilders on the pitch come opening day!!!

strike you fucking douches, see how burger king is too work at!!

Super
03-17-2010, 09:24 PM
^ Luckily this is MLS and anything can happen. There's not a whole lot between 1st and 16th.

By season end it will be every other team in the league between us and first.

James17930
03-17-2010, 09:35 PM
OBW is Edson Buddle Jr. No speed, simply a poacher. So if he's got great service from the midfield he can finish them off, but if he's gotta work for it himself he'll never get anywhere.

I still think Gala is too small to be a professional football player. He might survive on the left wing, but probably not in MLS.

Zeke_Jones
03-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Its preseason so who cares, yeah they played like shit so far but lets see what happens when they come home to fresh grass and still play like shit.

Thats when we should start worrying

FluSH
03-17-2010, 09:51 PM
who won?

unfortunately right now.. the questions should be... how bad was it?

Bars92
03-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Gotta figure that DeRo and DeGuz are the best calibre players for this team thus far. Its just there's nothing up front and nothing on the back line. I always had faith in Mo, but this year I'm really starting to question his managing skills.

Auzzy
03-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Only four subs on the bench? In a pre-season friendly? And a couple of guys on the field or the bench tonight, aren't even signed yet. WTF???????? Sure there are a few injuries at the moment, but we can expect additional injuries partway through the season, where we have some brutal stretches of back-to-back games.

Based on only watching the 2nd half: I agree, OBW wasn't good, but who the hell was good for Toronto in the attacking half? Noooobody! Getting across the midline with 10 men is hard enough, but I couldn't believe it, they immediately gave the ball away with crap passes as soon as they made it that far. That goes for just about all of the TFC players who ventured that far up.

Found it a bit hard to recognize any players tonight. There was only one camera, and never zooming in, different from the other night.

Other than that, I though defense & DM looked pretty good, except they couldn't link forward in the few times they had an opportunity.

TFCAlbertaGirl
03-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Ummm same old same old kinda preseason game. Except for the red cards!

Joe Kool
03-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Guess we need Kayizzi to be able to score?

jloome
03-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Hey everyone, remember when Tyler Rosenlund made that nice run through the middle against Chivas and stroked in that through ball from Rohan?

Oh, yeah, that's right.... long time ago.

But I'll tell you what: Rosenlund, for all his inability to place defence or track back, had more fight and more offensive ability in him than anything we've seen in the last two games. And Mo fucking cut him.

I'll agree, he might never have developed into a first teamer, but he was a fighter with some skills, and that's what this team is missing: guys who hate fucking losing even more than they love winning.

jloome
03-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Guess we need Kayizzi to be able to score?

Yeah, the only guy with the skill and balls required, and we let him go. Fucking brilliant.

I'm glad I started writing "Fire Mo" columns this early, though. The longer the campaign builds in media in general, the more Anselmi might actually give enough of a shit to ditch the ego for five minutes and gas this clown.

Unbelievable. DC's trialists, and TFC can't even muster a shot.

billyfly
03-17-2010, 10:24 PM
All white jerseys this year? Ironic since looks like we will be surrendering a lot this year.

rocker
03-17-2010, 10:24 PM
and nothing on the back line.

you didn't like Zamperini tonight? I thought he was calm and cool and did a nice job (particularly that tackle in the 6 yard box).

I also thought Said was decent in a short time but for some reason Said didn't play at the back. I'd like to see Said and Zamperini together in the center of defense in the next game to see.

karlosarmenta
03-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Charleston tournament is like dating a girl half your age. It's fun at first (half). But after the money shot (empty the tank) it gets tired real fast.

really? so if I was 20 half my age would be 10.

Whoop
03-17-2010, 10:32 PM
My opinion of the season so far.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/2599/joker2v.gif

flambe
03-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Gotta figure that DeRo and DeGuz are the best calibre players for this team thus far. Its just there's nothing up front....

I think JDG summed it up best when he made that great through ball at the end of the 1st half only for no one to be even remotely close to it or having the IQ to see the pass.

Hung his head and shook it, according to the commentator.

Joe Kool
03-17-2010, 10:37 PM
Yeah, the only guy with the skill and balls required, and we let him go. Fucking brilliant.

Is that the official word on Kayizzi? I know he isn't there right now but just wondering if maybe some other reason other than being let go for him disappearing from camp. I had read somewhere that he was going to be in Charleston but can't recall the source now.

Damien
03-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Kayizzi started following my twitter, lol

http://twitter.com/torontofcnews
http://twitter.com/vkayizzi

J .
03-18-2010, 12:33 AM
the season hasn't started yet...why the hate.

jazzy
03-18-2010, 01:11 AM

This is not hate brother ....this is pure fear.....

Auzzy
03-18-2010, 01:16 AM
I think JDG summed it up best when he made that great through ball at the end of the 1st half only for no one to be even remotely close to it or having the IQ to see the pass.

These past games make me wonder, some of the players & trialists must wonder WTF they are doing on this team. JDG gets paid enough to put up with all kinds of crap, but he still must be giving his head a shake. (Honestly, some of JDG's screw-ups tonight were all his own, although most were due to cluelessness of his team mates.) However, if Ibrahim Said hops on the next plane back to Cairo, I would totally understand it.

King Tut
03-18-2010, 01:23 AM
if Ibrahim Said hops on the next plane back to Cairo, I would totally understand it.

Same. And I wouldn't blame him either. Dude comes over and he's made to play on the right wing and as an attacking midfielder even though we have a shit defense that needs major renovations. Is Preki a fucking idiot? Or has he had a few too many drinks while on holiday in Charleston?

The substitutions came way too late and some of the trialists should've been on from the beginning actually. We only have one more game to test these trialists and giving someone like Said the start against DC would've been the smartest and most logical thing to do.

The 90 mins of shit I watched was just embarrassing. We're going to get smoked by Columbus, New England and tons of team. Every team will be having a "SEXXXY TIME" against TFC.

Oh boy. We're going to get fucking molested this upcoming season. Season 1 wont have anything on Season 4. This is going to be epic! :picard:

dantdot
03-18-2010, 01:29 AM
Hmm, someone posted a comment on Ives saying there was a fight in the TFC locker room. :noidea:

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2010/03/carolina-challenge-cup-toronto-fc-vs-dc-united.html#comment-6a00e54ef2975b883301310fb3e256970c

Auzzy
03-18-2010, 02:23 AM
Hmm, someone posted a comment on Ives saying there was a fight in the TFC locker room. :noidea:

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2010/03/carolina-challenge-cup-toronto-fc-vs-dc-united.html#comment-6a00e54ef2975b883301310fb3e256970c

Oh man... scary... we shall see if this is true. Maybe a whole bunch of people flying back to Toronto tomorrow???

If this were a soap opera it would be pretty good. But it's supposed to be a soccer team....

sulfur
03-18-2010, 06:00 AM
As an aside: Gala didn't play because he was carrying an ankle injury -- so said Luke Wileman.

DOMIN8R
03-18-2010, 06:07 AM

Major "bust up" near TFC locker room involving Preki, De Ro, De Guzman and Johnston + TFC trainer. Things are not well in TFC land. BTW Preki has been censored from speaking to TFC media...comments now handled by assistant coach Nick Dasovic.

TFC Tifoso
03-18-2010, 06:53 AM

wow....this season could be over before it even starts....

daner90
03-18-2010, 07:22 AM
Although not mentioned at all, I thought Harden did a fairly good job last night. He looks like he has good defensive position....now if he just figures out that he needs to get rid of the ball a bit quicker in our own box, he will be set.

Oldtimer
03-18-2010, 07:39 AM
I'm glad I started writing "Fire Mo" columns this early, though. The longer the campaign builds in media in general, the more Anselmi might actually give enough of a shit to ditch the ego for five minutes and gas this clown.

Unbelievable. DC's trialists, and TFC can't even muster a shot.

Seriously, this team is horrible, and unless there are major changes, there will be no playoffs, and the team will have fewer points than last year.

The good side is that Anselmi will be forced to deal with Mo and his poor choices. Mo will have to go, there will not be able to be any excuses.

My feeling watching the game was that the players must be mad at Preki, they were performing so much below their individual abilities. This is now confirmed by the stories of a locker-room bust-up.

I'm afraid that a complete house-cleaning will be needed, starting with Mo, and including Mo's man Preki, and several players, as well.

Steve
03-18-2010, 07:43 AM

This is what I'm afraid of. There was also a time where JDG was holding the ball up in the attacking end brilliantly, and just waiting for someone to make a run, or get open, or SOMETHING and TFC pulled the TFC special and just pretty much sat around doing dick all while he had the ball. He put his arms out as if it say "WTF!", and I was reminded (strongly) of a certain Frenchman named Robert.

I don't know if people remember it the same way as I do, but when Robert came in, he was actually doing fairly well. The problem is, he kept making passes that would have been great, had the rest of the team had the soccer IQ to run onto them. Instead, his passes went nowhere and it made HIM look like the idiot. That gesture (arms out in a questioning, frustrated manner) became a mainstay for him. After a while, he pretty much stopped trying. He seemed to be so frustrated with the team that he didn't even care anymore. That's what I foresee with JDG. He will get to a point where he stops trying to be clever, because no one is good enough to use it, and just gets frustrated and plays a solo game (which won't work in the physical MLS).

Shaughno
03-18-2010, 07:50 AM
Seriously, this team is horrible, and unless there are major changes, there will be no playoffs, and the team will have fewer points than last year.

The good side is that Anselmi will be forced to deal with Mo and his poor choices. Mo will have to go, there will not be able to be any excuses.

My feeling watching the game was that the players must be mad at Preki, they were performing so much below their individual abilities. This is now confirmed by the stories of a locker-room bust-up.

I'm afraid that a complete house-cleaning will be needed, starting with Mo, and including Mo's man Preki, and several players, as well.

That's jumping to some serious conclusions don't you think? The way the article read to me, is that it was Preki and the Cdn boys vs Mo and his trainer.

Oldtimer
03-18-2010, 07:59 AM
That's jumping to some serious conclusions don't you think? The way the article read to me, is that it was Preki and the Cdn boys vs Mo and his trainer.

Could be, it's hard to tell. If Mo fires Preki, how will it look then? Either way, things are not looking good in TFC-land.

FluSH
03-18-2010, 08:02 AM

Although I can also see Players vs Preki...

Preki looks like the type who won't take shit from anyone... and the Guevara vs Preki wars is a prime example...

Shaughno
03-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Although I can also see Players vs Preki...

Preki looks like the type who won't take shit from anyone... and the Guevara vs Preki wars is a prime example...

You may be right, but to me... this reaks of Mo trying to have his cake and eat it too.... Telling Preki how to run things and it not going over well.

arbogast
03-18-2010, 08:05 AM
Could be, it's hard to tell. If Mo fires Preki, how will it look then? Either way, things are not looking good in TFC-land.

Yeah but if they bring in a new director/GM, and he tells Preki: these are the players i'm signing, deal with it, he'll probably quit and the club saves face. It would be easy for a new GM to force his hand.

scooter
03-18-2010, 08:11 AM
Back to year one! No striker and no shots on goal.

unbelievable they were not even there
some nice balls from jdg
dero was everywhere and no where
no offense at all

wtf is going on

TFC Cityboy
03-18-2010, 08:17 AM
watched most of the 3 pre-season games on the web now and cannot recall one single threatening shot on goal.
Once this season starts to go tits up (and it will...early on) there is gonna be one helluva shitstorm to hit this club from the stands.
Year 4 is a week away and how much progress have we made since 2007? Mo's revolving door keeps on swinging while other MLS clubs understand the concept of building a cohesive squad with just a few tweaks needed year to year. Johnston has had 5 months to bring players in and what do we have? Jacobsen, who we haven't seen yet, and Harden. Meanwhile we keep bringing in apparantely random trialists- I guess if you throw enough shit against the wall, something will stick, eh Mo?

It's a friggin joke-I just wish I didn't care so much.

scooter
03-18-2010, 08:23 AM

it aint hate is pure unadultarated fear

did you watch the game :facepalm:

Mark in Ottawa
03-18-2010, 08:27 AM

Read the comments... Ives said it never happened.

Brooker
03-18-2010, 08:35 AM
(SBI-I've been told that this entire scenario never happened. DC and Toronto had some scuffles on the field after the red card, but there was no TFC bust-up after the match.)

Steve
03-18-2010, 08:50 AM
watched most of the 3 pre-season games on the web now and cannot recall one single threatening shot on goal.
Once this season starts to go tits up (and it will...early on) there is gonna be one helluva shitstorm to hit this club from the stands.
Year 4 is a week away and how much progress have we made since 2007? Mo's revolving door keeps on swinging while other MLS clubs understand the concept of building a cohesive squad with just a few tweaks needed year to year. Johnston has had 5 months to bring players in and what do we have? Jacobsen, who we haven't seen yet, and Harden. Meanwhile we keep bringing in apparantely random trialists- I guess if you throw enough shit against the wall, something will stick, eh Mo?

It's a friggin joke-I just wish I didn't care so much.

Yep, I am reminded very much of season 1 TFC. That is to say, we have no real ideas on offense, we're just going through the motions (passing the ball where a player isn't, booting a ball up to no-one, centering a ball on the ground when there are 4 defenders between you and the nearest attackers, etc). There wasn't a single moment from the game last night where I thought "oh shit, we might score". Sure, there were nice plays around the middle of the field, but once we had to deal with a relatively organized and compact defense, we ran out of ideas. That's where Guevara came in. He knew how to work in very little space, and open things up for us. He was always thinking 2 passes ahead, structuring an attack from the get-go and knowing where it was going to end up. We have no one that can do that anymore. Watching TFC (even before the sending off) I had the impression we were trying to play counter attack football (even when we had possession). The problem being, we don't have fast and skilled strikers to do that with, so our "counters" didn't result in a single shot on net. Seriously, did their keeper have to make a save?

CoachGT
03-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Hard to play attacking football when you are down a man for a good chunk of the game. They played a 4-4-1 when down. No sustained offense at all.

CoachGT
03-18-2010, 09:07 AM
A comment from a scout watching the games last night - Toronto has the best youngsters of any team at this tournament. The younger players look much better than the younger players of any other team.

TFC Cityboy
03-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Yep, I am reminded very much of season 1 TFC. That is to say, we have no real ideas on offense, we're just going through the motions (passing the ball where a player isn't, booting a ball up to no-one, centering a ball on the ground when there are 4 defenders between you and the nearest attackers, etc). There wasn't a single moment from the game last night where I thought "oh shit, we might score". Sure, there were nice plays around the middle of the field, but once we had to deal with a relatively organized and compact defense, we ran out of ideas. That's where Guevara came in. He knew how to work in very little space, and open things up for us. He was always thinking 2 passes ahead, structuring an attack from the get-go and knowing where it was going to end up. We have no one that can do that anymore. Watching TFC (even before the sending off) I had the impression we were trying to play counter attack football (even when we had possession). The problem being, we don't have fast and skilled strikers to do that with, so our "counters" didn't result in a single shot on net. Seriously, did their keeper have to make a save?

all good knowledgable points, Steve.
Did DC even have a keeper?

TFC Cityboy
03-18-2010, 09:39 AM
A comment from a scout watching the games last night - Toronto has the best youngsters of any team at this tournament. The younger players look much better than the younger players of any other team.
nice to hear. You can see the quality in Frei, Nana, Cronin especially. Watch Mo trade them for old pals he used to play with...

scooter
03-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Hard to play attacking football when you are down a man for a good chunk of the game. They played a 4-4-1 when down. No sustained offense at all.

hear ya

was just about to send you a pm to see what it looked like live but watching on video they stunk the house out especially movement off the ball

you know i am not usually negative but boy o boy what i witnessed last night blew my mind they looked like a group of misfits who had never played together before

fetajr
03-18-2010, 09:42 AM
This is what I'm afraid of. There was also a time where JDG was holding the ball up in the attacking end brilliantly, and just waiting for someone to make a run, or get open, or SOMETHING and TFC pulled the TFC special and just pretty much sat around doing dick all while he had the ball. He put his arms out as if it say "WTF!", ...

We had one guy that had the IQ to make runs, and it was Pablo Vitti

Stencils
03-18-2010, 09:42 AM
It seems like everyone's starting to get the sense that there really is no long term goal for this team.

Watching from the sidelines it just looks like a kid at the blackboard with a problem he doesn't quite know how to solve and just keeps putting numbers and letters up and then looking at the teacher with a shrug.

It's agony to watch in the classroom and it's agony to watch from the stands.

Sometimes I feel some of our unrealistic expectations for the team get bought into by the players who then assume they should be winning when really they haven't done the work to justify it. It's kind of like fencing. Teach someone a few skills and then get them to compete and they'll do badly. Bring them back to do more training and they don't train properly because they feel they already know it.

I was hoping Preki would get the message into the team that they don't know it and go back to basics: walk before run, etc. Looks like a few things could have happened.

A) There wasn't enough pre-season time to get that message into heads

B) Players reacted badly to being told they're not good enough

C) Preki didn't actually do what I thought he'd do and just carried on with biz as usual

Buckle up, boys. This season will be a crucible.

TFC Cityboy
03-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Buckle up, boys. This season will be a crucible.
you spelled "pile of shite" wrong, my friend!

maninb
03-18-2010, 09:54 AM

didn't matter...Vitti couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, and would usually dribble his way into trouble or out of bounds...

Pookie
03-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Nice to see that some folks are firmly standing on the ledge just 2 games into a preseason with "fire the coach" banners, all based on rumours of a disagreement and a 0-1-1 record.

The exiting coach hinted at locker room troubles.

The players on the field have drawn 2 red cards in 2 preseason games. Games in which they are trying to establish themselves as reliable and supposedly learn a system. A red card is a usually a fairly selfish driven outcome.

The coach is rumoured to have had a disagreement with some players. Other players were shipped out.

How in the heck did people figure that the coach would instill disipline? Make everyone sign a code of conduct and then go for ice cream??

This is a work in progress boys but it will take time. Let it work itself out. Players will either get on board or get out. They may be players you like and the tough pill is that they may be the players that have to leave.

KRO
03-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Anybody have any idea why Cronin and Wynne were not even on the bench last night?

mastermixer
03-18-2010, 10:16 AM
My quick take on last night...

Our defense looked solid (in comparison to last year). Zemperini looked great at holding the ball and distributing to the mids. Nana looked good as always.

For the first time I can remember, the mids look like they are keeping the ball on the pitch which is a good thing. I remember how frustrating it was last year to consistantly see the ball go flying in the air and land in the other teams possession. JDG kept good control of the ball.

Forwards need some improvement. They need to get into positions where JDG and the other mids can feed them. I did not see this last night. We seemed to lose tons of possesion between the mids and the forwards.

Puzzling part... Second half subs. Not sure what preki was trying out but putting Said in the mids and seeing Garcia run up the field in an attacking role really puzzled me. I know we are limited but that was a little bizzare.

All in all it was just OK. I actually expected worse. Defence and Mids look good, but we def need to improve on the front.

Boondaddy
03-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Nice to see that some folks are firmly standing on the ledge just 2 games into a preseason with "fire the coach" banners, all based on rumours of a disagreement and a 0-1-1 record.

The exiting coach hinted at locker room troubles.

The players on the field have drawn 2 red cards in 2 preseason games. Games in which they are trying to establish themselves as reliable and supposedly learn a system. A red card is a usually a fairly selfish driven outcome.

The coach is rumoured to have had a disagreement with some players. Other players were shipped out.

How in the heck did people figure that the coach would instill disipline? Make everyone sign a code of conduct and then go for ice cream??

This is a work in progress boys but it will take time. Let it work itself out. Players will either get on board or get out. They may be players you like and the tough pill is that they may be the players that have to leave.

good post. I feel the same way....all this doom and gloom is making me depressed. We have no control of what goes on so lets keep a lid on things and not blow EVERYTHING out of proportion.

People have to remember that there is always fallout when the bomb goes off. OBVIOUSLY, the old system wasn't working...the new one needs to be given a chance. The wrinkles will iron out.....eventually.

Pachuco
03-18-2010, 10:44 AM
What really pisses me off about all of this (how bad of a team we are) is that we weren't that far away from being a playoff contender this season. Let's not forget that we did go into the last game of the season with a very good chance of making the playoffs. Really this team needed some tweaks, not a major overhaul. With Garcia gone and Said as a replacement. With the addition of maybe one wide player and one striker we could've been a much improved team. JDG would've had lots more time by now to get acclimated with the team as well.

Instead, our fucking team is in shambles. We've lost a ton of players who had an impact last year and we have no way to replace them.

One thing I know for sure, Preki's system better work for his own sake. You don't go firing the entire team and then pass the buck on the GM for not brining in players. There is no doubt in my mind this team was better at the end of last season then it is today.

Yohan
03-18-2010, 10:54 AM
What really pisses me off about all of this (how bad of a team we are) is that we weren't that far away from being a playoff contender this season. Let's not forget that we did go into the last game of the season with a very good chance of making the playoffs. Really this team needed some tweaks, not a major overhaul. With Garcia gone and Said as a replacement. With the addition of maybe one wide player and one striker we could've been a much improved team. JDG would've had lots more time by now to get acclimated with the team as well.

Instead, our fucking team is in shambles. We've lost a ton of players who had an impact last year and we have no way to replace them.

One thing I know for sure, Preki's system better work for his own sake. You don't go firing the entire team and then pass the buck on the GM for not brining in players. There is no doubt in my mind this team was better at the end of last season then it is today.
last year's team could not have been sustained, because of being way over salary cap and not enough allocation money to sustain

Mo made a gamble that last year's team was good enough for playoffs. that gamble failed. now we pay for it this season

Mark in Ottawa
03-18-2010, 11:02 AM
I think the bigger story from last night is Sanyang giving a two handed push to the ref. I'm not convinced he was being given a red until he did that. It should call for supplemental discipline.
Really? This was hard to pick out on the internet feed from far away.
We heard the announcer mention a punch thrown and saw a DC player go down and we just assumed that was why Sanyang got the red.

Funny how we all come to rely on "incident replay" these days.

ManUtd4ever
03-18-2010, 11:04 AM
I have tried to stay optimistic throughout the pre-season despite the constant negative press surrounding the club. I understand the departures of Vitti, Guevara, Serioux, Robinson, and Gerba. I don't understand the way the team has handled the departures on a PR level and I certainly don't understand how no viable replacements have been signed as of yet with the regular season around the corner assuming a new CBA is reached.

All that aside, I have watched TFC with an open mind whenever the games were available online and I see little cause for optimism. I am not the pessimistic type at all. I have tried to find reason for any hope at all of a successful season. I just don't see it right now and I base my opinion solely on TFC's brutal performance on the pitch thus far, not any of the rumours off the pitch. Since TFC has been pitted against competition other than NCAA squads, they have been unable to generate any offense whatsoever and have demonstrated a complete lack of discipline. Despite our lack of depth I didn't expect our current roster to look as futile as they have the last few games.

On paper, this is still a team that should be capable of competing on any given night. It just seems that there are more internal issues handicapping this club than many of us actually realized...

Mark in Ottawa
03-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Strange. A 1-0 loss on a wet pitch... in pre-season... not playing all of those who would form the starting 11 by most peoples selections...

This is a reason for panic, doom and gloom and lynch mobs?

Pachuco
03-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Strange. A 1-0 loss on a wet pitch... in pre-season... not playing all of those who would form the starting 11 by most peoples selections...

Do you think DC United was playing their starting 11?
Do you think DC United had 4 people on the bench?
Have we not scored 2 goals in 6 games?
Has our own coach not told us to expect playoffs?

Atleast tell it how it is. If you don't think it's time to panic, ten you must still be thinking the Leafs are going to make the playoffs this year.

ManUtd4ever
03-18-2010, 11:10 AM

The scoreline doesn't bother me at all. But realistically, it should have been a blowout if not for Frei and some missed opportunities by DC. Even so, I can't just blow off a game whereby TFC couldn't muster a single shot on goal against DC's reserves. There is definitely something wrong and there's no sense in sugarcoating it...

Mark in Ottawa
03-18-2010, 11:10 AM
There is no doubt in my mind this team was better at the end of last season then it is today.
Maybe true but give them some time to set the team for this season and work on whatever system the coaching staff directs.

Lets give tham a few real games at least before we start pushing the panic buttons.

All that being said... I too find myself suffering from that strange malaise that seems to be effecting many of the supporters.
I just don't feel as enthused as I think I should at this point... weird :noidea:

Mark in Ottawa
03-18-2010, 11:16 AM
At least tell it how it is. If you don't think it's time to panic, ten you must still be thinking the Leafs are going to make the playoffs this year.
Tell it like it is? Ok.
The season has not started and the playoffs... o those elusive playoffs... are some 8 months away.

Hell if I start fretting now imagine how I will feel in 8 months from now.
I don't need the aggravation, I've got enough other things in my life providing that for me.

So I am gonna take a few deep breaths and look forward to the day when I can get together with some of the other 75 Mile Bastards and cheer and curse and have a good time in one anothers company.

loconet
03-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Not a good sign but ..meh, too early to cry in my sleep about it. I've enjoyed this sport long enough to know that, a lot of the times, the team that plays the pre-season can completely change in attitude once the *real* matches begin.

Having said that, I closed the feed as soon as I saw that red card.

Roogsy
03-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Lets give tham a few real games at least before we start pushing the panic buttons.

This line has been quoted quite extensively the past 2 seasons.

And for two seasons, the naysayers have been proven correct.

I liken this to people who play the "wack-a-mole" game and keep missing the mole. You're so intent on holding off putting pressure on this team, by the time the team is on it's annual downward slide, it's too late to do anything.

And here I thought it would be a good idea to start the season ready and not use the actual season to GET ready.

Mark in Ottawa
03-18-2010, 11:19 AM
The scoreline doesn't bother me at all. But realistically, it should have been a blowout if not for Frei and some missed opportunities by DC. Even so, I can't just blow off a game whereby TFC couldn't muster a single shot on goal against DC's reserves. There is definitely something wrong and there's no sense in sugarcoating it...
So true. They did look abysmal last night. Having a player sent off did not do them any favours but is no excuse either.

I'm willing to wait a few more games before deciding that "something wrong" is a definite pattern of behaviour.

Mark in Ottawa
03-18-2010, 11:25 AM
You're so intent on holding off putting pressure on this team, by the time the team is on it's annual downward slide, it's too late to do anything.
You don't think that this team already has pressure on them? Really?

You can bet that by opening night these guys are gonna be feeling immense pressure no matter how their pre-season goes.

Between the supporters and the nay-sayers regarding soccer in general don't worry... they will have their feet to the fire.

I just don't want you guys having an aneurysm before the season even starts. We need all the supporters in top form to push these guys... it is a long season.

DangerRed
03-18-2010, 11:26 AM

Oh yes, and he just scored goals in bunches for us, didn't he? Good riddance.

Pachuco
03-18-2010, 11:28 AM
You don't think that this team already has pressure on them? Really?

You can bet that by opening night these guys are gonna be feeling immense pressure no matter how their pre-season goes.

Between the supporters and the nay-sayers regarding soccer in general don't worry... they will have their feet to the fire.

I just don't want you guys having an aneurysm before the season even starts. We need all the supporters in top form to push these guys... it is a long season.

I don't know but the only two people who have pressure on them right now is Mo and Preki. Most of the people don't expect this team to do well at all. They would have pressure on them if supporter's felt like Mo put together a playoff contender and they weren't contending. I personally have no expectations of the players on this team. I can't expect JDG and Deguzman to tear up the league all by themselves. I can't expect Frei to be the best goalie in the league when he's going to get more shots on net then the Leafs do every game.

scooter
03-18-2010, 11:30 AM
its not that we are being negative already its just no progress seems to be being made
ok preki says it will take time to turn things around -- i can wait
but last nights game we looked like shite

i dont want to cry --- i just want my team to win

lazlo_80
03-18-2010, 11:56 AM
The part that confuses me is that Mo laid out a 3 year plan, fell on his face and is now given license to start a new rebuild? Does that make any sense? He should be given the boot. He sold out for last year, it failed, he should be out of here. Let someone with a little bit of knowledge of the Concacaf region come in, as opposed to trying to get euro retreads who demand 6 figures for crap play.

maninb
03-18-2010, 12:15 PM
The part that confuses me is that Mo laid out a 3 year plan, fell on his face and is now given license to start a new rebuild? Does that make any sense? He should be given the boot. He sold out for last year, it failed, he should be out of here. Let someone with a little bit of knowledge of the Concacaf region come in, as opposed to trying to get euro retreads who demand 6 figures for crap play.

You seem to be forgetting who Mo's bosses are.....MLSE.....TFC makes a ton of cash, sell out every game with a large waiting list, and Mo does exactly what MLSE want him too....Why would MLSE want to fire the guy?
Unless MLSE gets a soccer czar then Mo is safe (new 3 year deal signed last fall)....though if we completely bomb this year I'd expect him to resign anyway...

Luanda
03-18-2010, 12:19 PM
I should think that everyone needs to chill out.

Pre-season, including the Carolina thing, is for purposes of player evaluation.

Roogsy
03-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Losing in preseason is not a big deal and if that is the impression you are getting, you're mistaken.

The concern here and with every supporter is that this team appears to have taken a step back, starting with the fact that we have LESS players than ever except when the team was being put together for the first time. We are still missing the same key pieces we were missing at this time last season and there is no evidence or news to suggest that these pieces are forthcoming.

So why exactly should I chill out when this season already appears to be starting off on worse footing than last season when we shit the bed? What exactly should make us feel warm and fuzzy about this season?

lazlo_80
03-18-2010, 12:24 PM
I think MLSE has to see the writing on the wall soon. This guy is fielding a crap team and at an extremely high price. He fielded a team last year that was technically over the cap. This enthusiasm wont last forever.

You seem to be forgetting who Mo's bosses are.....MLSE.....TFC makes a ton of cash, sell out every game with a large waiting list, and Mo does exactly what MLSE want him too....Why would MLSE want to fire the guy?
Unless MLSE gets a soccer czar then Mo is safe (new 3 year deal signed last fall)....though if we completely bomb this year I'd expect him to resign anyway...

J .
03-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Why the chicken little mentality? Its preseason...The club dominated until the redcard...The whole preseason looks to be learning the tactics/test some trials to defend our backend, which we have been doing.

It was a five year plan and the club isn't rebuilding, it needs maybe a striker and a winger? I'd be happy with what we have backthere right now. Everyone shat on Marshall and he went to Seattle and almost won the title... Hate to break it to people, but all MLS clubs have holes.

Who have we lost that was such a major impact that was not replaced? I'd take JDG over Robinson. I'd take any of Zamperini/Said/Harden over Serioux. MoJo took a flier on Gerba and other Canadian talent that has not been up to par, because he HAS to field Canadian talent.

Basically, this is largely the same club that lost out on the playoffs by one point and has a much improved central mid, a solid keeper, some good if not great YOUNG talent in JDG, Cronin, White, Attakora, Ibbe, Sangyang, Frei, Edwards...AND he brought to us the best Canadian soccer talent in JDG and DeRo.... Those guys form a solid young core of talent.

I guess its easier to be pissed off and claim it will be a horrible season, so you can say see I told you so, but the club its a playoff club, they will make the playoffs.

Its a long season ladies, I hope you are all as vocal in the stands with our chants as on the boards, but there I am pessimistic.

MUFC_Niagara
03-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Losing in preseason is not a big deal and if that is the impression you are getting, you're mistaken.

The concern here and with every supporter is that this team appears to have taken a step back, starting with the fact that we have LESS players than ever except when the team was being put together for the first time. We are still missing the same key pieces we were missing at this time last season and there is no evidence or news to suggest that these pieces are forthcoming.

So why exactly should I chill out when this season already appears to be starting off on worse footing than last season when we shit the bed? What exactly should make us feel warm and fuzzy about this season?

Couldn't have said it better myself. A team just doesn't all of sudden start playing well at the start of a season. Preseason is not about wins and losses but what you'd like to see is some cohesion, a system and style being developed and ultimately the team building towards something good. I don't see any of that and in fact we have taken steps backwards.

bgnewf
03-18-2010, 12:36 PM
At the level these professional players compete pretty anyone can beat anyone else on any given day. With all the doom and gloom out there at least in TFC land it is really easy to forget that fact. And we all have seen examples of poorer sides upsetting top flight teams all the time. And putting aside luck (which accounts for a lot of upsets of course) it is usually team spirit and hard work that lead to these kind of things taking place.

I think its fair to say that as a team, TFC has not had much team spirit for any significant stretch of time since the club was founded. Blame for this can perhaps fall on Mo for his "revolving door of players" and on poor coaching staffs. Blame can of course also go to the quality of character that certain players do or do not bring to the clubhouse.

If where we are is a team with lack of spirit then some serious ass kicking needs to take place. Whether that comes from the players themselves or from the managers office matters not. It just needs to take place.

rocker
03-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Except for Garcia, I think an area of improvement has been on defense (if they sign these trialists). Offense is still shitty though.
Am I correct in saying that TFC has only given up more than 1 goal against once this spring (in regular matches)? I don't remember such consistently tight results in previous spring trainings.
Unless someone blossoms as a striker or they sign a good striker, we'll probably see a lot of ties and 1-0 wins this year. That's exactly what Preki's Chivas were like last year... and LA last year.. and NE a couple years ago (I did a study awhile back and NE's last big year was a product of lots of one-goal wins and a lot of ties).
There aren't a lot of good MLS teams that win by consistently outscoring the opposition by a decent margin (2-0, 3-0, 3-1 etc). It's more of a "grind it out" league.

menefreghista
03-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Why the chicken little mentality?

Why the head in the sand mentality?

Shaughno
03-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Except for Garcia, I think an area of improvement has been on defense (if they sign these trialists). Offense is still shitty though.
Am I correct in saying that TFC has only given up more than 1 goal against once this spring (in regular matches)? I don't remember such consistently tight results in previous spring trainings.
Unless someone blossoms as a striker or they sign a good striker, we'll probably see a lot of ties and 1-0 wins this year. That's exactly what Preki's Chivas were like last year... and LA last year.. and NE a couple years ago (I did a study awhile back and NE's last big year was a product of lots of one-goal wins and a lot of ties).
There aren't a lot of good MLS teams that win by consistently outscoring the opposition by a decent margin (2-0, 3-0, 3-1 etc). It's more of a "grind it out" league.

I'd agree with that for the most part.

It'd be nice to see Said actually playing as a CB though...

ManUtd4ever
03-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Why the chicken little mentality? Its preseason...The club dominated until the redcard...The whole preseason looks to be learning the tactics/test some trials to defend our backend, which we have been doing.

It was a five year plan and the club isn't rebuilding, it needs maybe a striker and a winger? I'd be happy with what we have backthere right now. Everyone shat on Marshall and he went to Seattle and almost won the title... Hate to break it to people, but all MLS clubs have holes.

Who have we lost that was such a major impact that was not replaced? I'd take JDG over Robinson. I'd take any of Zamperini/Said/Harden over Serioux. MoJo took a flier on Gerba and other Canadian talent that has not been up to par, because he HAS to field Canadian talent.

Basically, this is largely the same club that lost out on the playoffs by one point and has a much improved central mid, a solid keeper, some good if not great YOUNG talent in JDG, Cronin, White, Attakora, Ibbe, Sangyang, Frei, Edwards...AND he brought to us the best Canadian soccer talent in JDG and DeRo.... Those guys form a solid young core of talent.

I guess its easier to be pissed off and claim it will be a horrible season, so you can say see I told you so, but the club its a playoff club, they will make the playoffs.

Its a long season ladies, I hope you are all as vocal in the stands with our chants as on the boards, but there I am pessimistic.

I had a similar outlook as you going into the pre-season matches. Unfortunately, the product on the pitch thus far has provided no tangible cause for optimism...

Whoop
03-18-2010, 12:43 PM
The offense is just waiting for Barrett to come back. LOL

lazlo_80
03-18-2010, 12:44 PM
Okay how many people here who keep saying positives about Zamperini actually watched the game?

The guy gave up a penalty shot the ref was nice enough to say was outside the box, he also kept giving shaky passes back to Frei that he'd have to clean up. If I'm not mistaken one time Frei had to run way out of net just to boot it out of play. The guy also got a yellow for a rough challenge.

What about this guy keeps impressing people? The fact he's a little bit faster than Garcia?

I'm not usually a negative guy, seriously, but this team has a lot of holes.

Shaughno
03-18-2010, 12:44 PM
The offense is just waiting for Barrett to come back. LOL

:rofl: Barrett and Jacobsen... 15 a piece!

Roogsy
03-18-2010, 12:53 PM

In that area, I do believe Preki does bring a lot to the table. His teams have consistently been able to play a "system" which we really have not had since this team began. So I believe we will be able to defend as a group, unfortunately that is made even more necessary by the fact that personnel on the backline is still sorely lacking.

That being the case, we may be able to stay in the game, but unless we find someone other than DeRo to score our goals, we will still lose more games than we win. Not being able to score 4 goals is one thing, but last year we found it difficult to score 2 and you aren't going to win many "grind out" games without being to score at least that much.

Yohan
03-18-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm quite happy with defence if Zamperini and Said signs. Not sure about Cann, but if he signs for like league minimum, keep him around and shoot Garcia in the face

Super
03-18-2010, 01:06 PM
In that area, I do believe Preki does bring a lot to the table. His teams have consistently been able to play a "system" which we really have not had since this team began. So I believe we will be able to defend as a group, unfortunately that is made even more necessary by the fact that personnel on the backline is still sorely lacking.

That being the case, we may be able to stay in the game, but unless we find someone other than DeRo to score our goals, we will still lose more games than we win. Not being able to score 4 goals is one thing, but last year we found it difficult to score 2 and you aren't going to win many "grind out" games without being to score at least that much.

Another problem I have with this playing style is that it's only good if you actually win and make the play-offs. Let's be honest - it's pretty boring football. It's not going to help the team in this city if they play boring, disciplined football with no flair or entertainment-value, and still end up losing and not making the play-offs because we don't score any goals.

Stencils
03-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Like the other people voicing doubts, I don't feel like I'm crying or whinging about the team. All this uncertainty and unease needs to find an outlet before the opening match or we'll just have our hands over our eyes the whole time.

I've yet to see a credible first team be fielded since the debacle in NY and that just leaves me absolutely confused (and even that first team wasn't credible).

Like Roogsy and TFC_Niagara said, if that sort of thing isn't worked out by now, it's catch-up time for the rest of the season. Good things have a way of happening, but odds are against them.

People who are staying optimistic, that's great. I hope you're right. But I'd rather expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised than expect great things and be crushed.

I've had three seasons of the latter.

Pachuco
03-18-2010, 01:37 PM

Wow Let's pick apart this post. This one is unbelievable to me:

It was a five year plan
Funny, still don't know where that five year plan crap comes from. You must be Mighty in disguise.

it needs maybe a striker and a winger
This one is really funny. So you think Garcia can hold the fort for the entire season back there. WOW.

and the club isn't rebuilding
Really? Coach Out. 7 Players OUT. Shortest roster in the MLS. Coach basically says we are rebuilding, but yet we are not rebuilding?

The whole preseason looks to be learning the tactics/test some trials to defend our backend, which we have been doing.
That's the same mentality all the other teams have as well so I don't see how you imply this is a handicap or something.

Everyone shat on Marshall and he went to Seattle and almost won the title... Hate to break it to people, but all MLS clubs have holes
No idea what your point is, but I should would love to have Marshall back.

Who have we lost that was such a major impact that was not replaced?
One of our starting defenders and two starting midfielders. Plus a reasonably good depth guy.

I'd take JDG over Robinson
We had BOTH last year. Not for the entire season, but it wasn't one or the other last year.

I'd take any of Zamperini/Said/Harden
Zamperini and Said haven't signed. Maybe people would be a little more comfortable if they had. Second, I have no idea how you can make that assessment already, that's ridicolous. Specially with Harden. what a joke.

Basically, this is largely the same club that lost out on the playoffs by one point and has a much improved central mid.
What the fuck? WE HAVEN'T SIGNED ANY MIDFIELDERS AND LOST THREE OF THEM. Can you explain this.

I'm stopping here because this is absurd, all your comments are absurd.

As far as this one
"Its a long season ladies"

Get a life! Don't really want a ban so that's as much as I'll say.

J .
03-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Do unto others, right?. First Theres nothing Ill say here I wont say to you in person... What about you?

So....to use your words "Wow Let's pick apart this post. This one is unbelievable to me"

It was a five year plan
Funny, still don't know where that five year plan crap comes from. You must be Mighty in disguise.

~ Mo has long spoken about a five year plan, I live in the same area and have seen and spoken to him in person, not once has he said it was a three year plan. Year three was to make the playoffs, which they were -1- point from doing. This year was to transition to being a contending club. They are close to doing that with some additions, is the club ready to win it all now? No, I expect Trader Mo will be making additions. In MLS parity reigns and we stand a strong chance of being a mid playoff team.

it needs maybe a striker and a winger
This one is really funny. So you think Garcia can hold the fort for the entire season back there. WOW.

~I didn't say Garcia could hold down the fort... Did I? If we are going with a lone striker we need someone polished and we need a winger to give us better wide options.

and the club isn't rebuilding
Really? Coach Out. 7 Players OUT. Shortest roster in the MLS. Coach basically says we are rebuilding, but yet we are not rebuilding?

~Basically says, is not saying, and we are not rebuilding from scratch. A striker for DeRo to play off and a better winger is really all we need if Said/Zamperini sign. Our central mid arguably is the best in the league. JDG is the real deal.

The whole preseason looks to be learning the tactics/test some trials to defend our backend, which we have been doing.
That's the same mentality all the other teams have as well so I don't see how you imply this is a handicap or something.

~ Its not a handicap, its a fact. The club is playing much more possession and less kick n run, we dominated DCU until the red card. It looked very good, if sangyang didn't pull an idiot move it looked like we could have smoked them, then we held them to 60+ minutes down a man to one goal and played a 4-3-2 for awhile trying to score a goal.

Everyone shat on Marshall and he went to Seattle and almost won the title... Hate to break it to people, but all MLS clubs have holes
No idea what your point is, but I should would love to have Marshall back.

~ Tons of people hated on Marshall for his lack of pace. Defending in MLS is not of a high quality. Each MLS club isn't set like a Man U or Chelsea or Inter. There are holes, I would argue Marshall isn't exactly a defender I would want going forward. Said has a strong pedigree and looks capable in the brief time Ive seen him and the information I've heard, if he signs, excellent.

Who have we lost that was such a major impact that was not replaced?
One of our starting defenders and two starting midfielders. Plus a reasonably good depth guy.

~ Serioux was mistake prone and I am guessing a potential problem in the dressing room. He loved playing with the ball and as the last guy back, thats not a good thing. Said or Zamperini look like they will be adquate replacements. I like JDG and Cronin as a pair more than Robbo and Guevara. Much younger with much greater potential. Sangyang needs first team action and he can play. I'd rather he do a stupid red card action now, than mid season and the kid is what, 19?

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2009/08/31/10683826-sun.html

There is a nice little article for you, dont forget Robinson wasn't exactly tearing it up last year and in so many key games, like Serioux was absent. The kid can play and should get first team minutes. Robinson freed up 150k for us to sign someone, to sign a Said, or to sign a winger.

I'd take JDG over Robinson
We had BOTH last year. Not for the entire season, but it wasn't one or the other last year.

~ We don't need both. Robinson was on his last legs, he was losing a step as the season wore on and the club is definately heading in a younger direction. He's a sentimental fan favourite. If signing JDG meant Robbo was gonig, so be it. I didnt want Robbo back at 300k, 100k? Maybe. Not with how he playing down the stretch, not when he was supposed to be a top player. He was not the same, not worth the price.

I'd take any of Zamperini/Said/Harden
Zamperini and Said haven't signed. Maybe people would be a little more comfortable if they had. Second, I have no idea how you can make that assessment already, that's ridicolous. Specially with Harden. what a joke.

~ Hopefully a contract will be able to be worked out. Sure, neither are great movers of the ball... We need less defenders like Garcia and Serioux who try to make plays and needs guys who make simple passes... It is preseason, I dont expect midseason form. Harden is still young, new and worth giving a shot too. It would be a joke NOT to give him a long look.

Basically, this is largely the same club that lost out on the playoffs by one point and has a much improved central mid.
What the fuck? WE HAVEN'T SIGNED ANY MIDFIELDERS AND LOST THREE OF THEM. Can you explain this.

~ It is largely the same, not one player who left leaves a major impact, save for arguably Guevara, but I believe JDG gives a player who can do what Robinson and Guevara did for us. Plus both those guys were old and our young talent needs first team minutes. Guevara and Robinson were aged and with JDG, Cronin, Peterson, as well as Sangyang, we have gotten much younger. I am much happier with that going forward as a core group. Young with a talented with upside, how is that bad again?

I'm stopping here because this is absurd, all your comments are absurd.

~ Please feel free to comment all you want.

As far as this one

"Its a long season ladies"

Get a life! Don't really want a ban so that's as much as I'll say

~ Oooohhh Im so hurt... Tears everywhere. Pre season and the knives are out already? Is that what qualifies as a life?

And like I said, I am more than willing to say all this in person.

My head isn't in the sand. I am actually being realistic.

jloome
03-18-2010, 06:39 PM
If the team started yesterday, or even last season, this debacle of a pre-season would be realistic. All that statement indicates is that you have no idea what reasonable expectations are at this level, or don't really care.

And Lazlo, you're right, Zamperini makes poor decisions. He's had three miscalculated passes, two bad giveaways and a near red card in the equivalent of one-and-a-half games of football. That's not exactly consistent backline material.

Why on Earth Said isn't starting at centre half is beyond me.

King Tut
03-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Why on Earth Said isn't starting at centre half is beyond me.

Preki is on a mission to reinvent the wheel.

scooter
03-18-2010, 06:59 PM
man o man the off season sucks
i have posted a few negative comments in this thread so guilty as charged
but before we start slaggin one and other lets sit back and agree to disagree

rpb's need to stick together---one for all and all for one

all i want this year is for my team to win
so far i am not seeing any major improvements
lets hope it turns around in the next two weeks

no matter what i will still be in the stands cheering and singing for the boys
so i know will all of you

bring it on