PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Keane to MLS next year??

TFC Bhoy
03-17-2010, 09:39 AM
So I was just reading a couple articles how apparently Keane's wife wants him to go to the MLS after his current loan to Celtic ends this summer.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/celtic/keane-in-us-link-1038877.html

Personally I would LOVE to see him stay at Celtic but from what I hear, Spurs really want him back. But it would be pretty crazy to see Keane in MLS if his wife does get her way

Parkdale
03-17-2010, 09:43 AM
I'll believe it.... when he's here (which is 99% never)

Roogsy
03-17-2010, 09:44 AM
He would tear this league up...

CretanBull
03-17-2010, 09:45 AM
I think Spurs are probably willing to let him go to get his salary off their books...they're having problems splitting playing time between Defoe, Crouch and Pavlyuchenko - I think adding Keane back into that mix just makes a difficult situation more difficult. I'm not sure how much longer Keane is uncontract for, but he's still a sellable player...they won't let him walk for free and MLS doesn't pay transfer fees.

Parkdale
03-17-2010, 09:45 AM
think about this though.....

why would he (or his agent) even talk about coming to this league in the middle of the CBA, etc etc problems?

clearly the comments were not based on anything more than "One day my wife would like to live in LA"

MartinUtd
03-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Isn't he really good friends with Robbo? If so, we can count TFC out of the running.

MartinUtd
03-17-2010, 09:49 AM
I think Spurs are probably willing to let him go to get his salary off their books...they're having problems splitting playing time between Defoe, Crouch and Pavlyuchenko - I think adding Keane back into that mix just makes a difficult situation more difficult. I'm not sure how much longer Keane is uncontract for, but he's still a sellable player...they won't let him walk for free and MLS doesn't pay transfer fees.

edit... misread

Parkdale
03-17-2010, 09:55 AM
Former Miss Ireland contestant Claudine Keane would like her other half to follow in the footsteps of David Beckham though, but heading across the Atlantic to the USA.

Claudine told the Herald: "Would I like to see him play for a team like LA Galaxy? Yes, I would love that, but it changes all the time."
so they ASKED her about America and she said 'sure, that could be fun'.

Now it's news somehow? pffffft

Boondaddy
03-17-2010, 09:55 AM
think about this though.....

why would he (or his agent) even talk about coming to this league in the middle of the CBA, etc etc problems?

clearly the comments were not based on anything more than "One day my wife would like to live in LA"

exactly...silly thread.

MUFC_Niagara
03-17-2010, 09:59 AM
so they ASKED her about America and she said 'sure, that could be fun'. Now it's news somehow? pffffft

If you know your football, then you'll know he's had a nomad history jumping from club to club. Spurs are likely going to sell him....it's possible but unlikely at this point.

Parkdale
03-17-2010, 10:03 AM
If you know your football, then you'll know he's had a nomad history jumping from club to club. Spurs are likely going to sell him....it's possible but unlikely at this point.

I know Keane pretty well, and I know he'll go where the work pays him to go.

but the article is a joke because it's the reporter speculating that Keane would go to MLS, and doing so by asking his model wife about the idea of moving to LA.

Boondaddy
03-17-2010, 10:07 AM

Sorry mate but Keano's history as a nomad has nothing to do with his tongue-flapping wife talking to the media....:rolleyes:

Robbie has MANY other options before even considering the MLS.

Parkdale
let's break down this whole bullshit article:

Keane in US link
(http://www.eatsleepsport.com/celtic/keane-in-us-link-1038877.html)

^ that's a stretch. there's no link at all.

Last Updated: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:55

^ okay, the date is probably honest.

Robbie Keane's wife says she would like her husband to move to MLS in America following his loan spell at Celtic.

^ that's not what she said.

The Republic of Ireland international admits he is enjoying his spell at Celtic and his future appears to be up in the air, with Keane due to head back to Tottenham at the end of the season.

^ He will go where he is paid to go. No mention of MLS

Former Miss Ireland contestant Claudine Keane would like her other half to follow in the footsteps of David Beckham though, but heading across the Atlantic to the USA.

Claudine told the Herald: "Would I like to see him play for a team like LA Galaxy? Yes, I would love that, but it changes all the time."

^ The Reporter asked her (a model and former Miss Ireland)
if she's like to move to LA, and she said 'Yes, BUT.....'
Hardly the 'US LINK' the headline states.

She added: "People may criticise his decision to go and play for Celtic but this really ticked a box for him. It's something he always wanted to do and I couldn't be more proud of him."

^ The 'something he always wanted to do' comment is about playing for Celtic, not MLS.

rocker
I know Keane pretty well, and I know he'll go where the work pays him to go.

but the article is a joke because it's the reporter speculating that Keane would go to MLS, and doing so by asking his model wife about the idea of moving to LA.

you said the magic words... "model wife"... so i had to get on Google image and take a look.. :)

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/jul2008/4/0/6A043402-CF01-178A-A631FBA15EC5C0E3.jpg

http://sports.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/keaneiso1304_468x732.jpg

since my row at BMO is where all the wives sit, I hope TFC signs this wonderful player.

boban
03-17-2010, 10:14 AM
she is something hot mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Parkdale
03-17-2010, 10:15 AM
Sorry mate but Keano's history as a nomad has nothing to do with his tongue-flapping wife talking to the media....:rolleyes:

Robbie has MANY other options before even considering the MLS.

hahah... yeah, I'm not sure what my 'knowing my footy' has to do with anything.

boban
03-17-2010, 10:17 AM
I know Keane pretty well...
Have you gone out with beers with him?
Do you hang with him when you cross the pond?
He call you up or you him?

Parkdale
03-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Have you gone out with beers with him?
Do you hang with him when you cross the pond?
He call you up or you him?

yes yes and yes.

everyone's a comedian.

ilikemusic
03-17-2010, 11:29 AM
So I was just reading a couple articles how apparently Keane's wife wants him to go to the MLS after his current loan to Celtic ends this summer.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/celtic/keane-in-us-link-1038877.html

Personally I would LOVE to see him stay at Celtic but from what I hear, Spurs really want him back. But it would be pretty crazy to see Keane in MLS if his wife does get her way

Spurs want him back now?

WTF is that shit? Theyre just loaning him out now on a carousel.

Anyway, he would tear this league to bits.

And he is basically my dream TFC player. An Irish striker. :hump:

torontocelt
03-17-2010, 11:32 AM
She added: "People may criticise his decision to go and play for Celtic but this really ticked a box for him. It's something he always wanted to do and I couldn't be more proud of him."

^ The 'something he always wanted to do' comment is about playing for Celtic, not MLS.
[/quote]

His wife seams like a bit of an idiot, who would criticise a 4-5 month loan move to a club as big as Celtic when he would have just sat on the bench at spurs anyway? It was made clear to Keane that he was not going to be first choice at spurs and that if he wanted to have much match time he would have to go elsewhere. As far as I am aware no other clubs were in for him, his move to Celtic suited all parties, how people can criticise him for it is crazy.

Parkdale
03-17-2010, 11:37 AM
As far as I am aware no other clubs were in for him, his move to Celtic suited all parties, how people can criticise him for it is crazy.

I'm sure people were criticizing him, because there will always be someone to criticize everything a pro athlete does (especially when it involves an old firm team). I wouldn't say she's an idiot though - she probably heard more info about it that we have (being guy's wife and all).

speaking of his wife...

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00554/Claudine_Keane_554663a.jpg

torontocelt
03-17-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm sure people were criticizing him, because there will always be someone to criticize everything a pro athlete does (especially when it involves an old firm team). I wouldn't say she's an idiot though - she probably heard more info about it that we have (being guy's wife and all).

speaking of his wife...

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00554/Claudine_Keane_554663a.jpg

she is quite pretty but I am unsure about the hip bone protruding so much on her right hand side, she looks a bit skinny for me, I am just being super picky though.

JDG
03-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Here she is without those pesky pants. Not much meat on her at all.

http://img.blogs.abril.com.br/1/assuntosgerais/imagens/esposa-keane-01.jpg

http://www.sportski.mk/sliki/753df9cb2f8c0ec3ae348b98c832396bClaudine-KeaneKeane.jpg

Yohan
03-17-2010, 11:53 AM
she looks a bit plastic-ish and a little on skinny side but eh

JDG
03-17-2010, 11:55 AM
she looks a bit plastic-ish and a little on skinny side but eh

More sandwiches wouldn't hurt, but there's more to a woman than looks, and this one seems to be a complete package:

Height : 5ft 7"
Hips : 34
Waist : 24
Bust : 32B
Dress size : 8 - 10
Shoe size : 5
Eye colour : Blue
Hair colour : Blonde
Nationality: Irish

Miss Ireland Contestant.
Glamour Model

Claudine has a double first degree in economics and finance from University College, Dublin

Roogsy
03-17-2010, 12:07 PM
I prefer a little more meat on my woman...but she is nice looking.

Parkdale
03-17-2010, 12:14 PM
yeah, she's attractive. there's no denying that.

(and I mean 'attractive', not just 'skinny and blond)

Toronto_Bhoy
03-17-2010, 12:21 PM
I'll believe it.... when he's here (which is 99% never)

Ha! Ha! That was posted when the rumours of Robbie going to Celtic started…

These guys (and their wives) all have huge egos that need fed…where is Robbie going…Spurs won't let him play for anyone in London…where's he gonna play…every game? Bolton…Wigan…Burnley…New York…LA…never say never Parky…even 99%.

boban
03-17-2010, 12:26 PM
yes yes and yes.

everyone's a comedian.
I am asking a serious question.
You stated you know him well.
How do you know him?

Parkdale
03-17-2010, 12:30 PM
I am asking a serious question.
You stated you know him well.
How do you know him?

:facepalm:

I know his professional history well.

again

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0912/implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg

boban
03-17-2010, 12:47 PM
I know his professional history well.
So we agree you know fuck all about him personally and his character.

Boondaddy
03-17-2010, 12:50 PM

I smell a shit disturbance....

boban
03-17-2010, 12:52 PM
I smell a shit disturbance....
Not disturbing anything. Just called him on it.

Parkdale
03-17-2010, 12:56 PM

yeah... because professional never end up in the public eye. :rolleyes:

not sure what you're being crusty about, but I don't really care.

Parkdale
03-17-2010, 01:00 PM
Not disturbing anything. Just called him on it.

called me out on what?

I said "I know him" instead of "I know OF him"

well consider me 'called out' then?

Shaughno
03-17-2010, 01:01 PM
Parkdale... you've beenhttp://www.americanidolworship.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/Punkd_logo.jpg

Parkdale
03-17-2010, 01:02 PM
^ yeah, clearly. because I honestly wanted you all to believe I knew Robbie Keane personally.

Shaughno
03-17-2010, 01:03 PM
I knew you didn't.. because he's never brought you up any time I've talked to him. Tsk tsk Sparky...

boban
03-17-2010, 01:06 PM
yeah... because professional never end up in the public eye. :rolleyes:

not sure what you're being crusty about, but I don't really care.
Your comment Parkdale, and don't take it personally because I read it a lot said about many a professional players : " I know him really well" or " I know him well"".

Well what do you actually know about him? How he plays by watching a player for 2 hrs? Or did you get to know him in that 30 second interview filled with cliches? Or was it that magazine article of 2 pages filled with fluff?
In the end all that you and I know is FUCK ALL about the person on a personal level, how they think, their character, values, etc. It's just hilarious to read things like that and some how equating it to yes I or the person next to me knows the said athlete, when in fact we don't.

Take the article for what its worth. That the Keanes would be open to coming to NA and Robbie play in the MLS. Now a shit load of things have to come together for this to actually happen - which would probably make this not happen. But the first thing that has to happen is to have the athlete open to the idea. It appears they are.

olegunnar
03-17-2010, 01:11 PM
How much longer are we stuck with JDG?

Maybe in the interests of world peace...we can stop with the potential DP threads until the JDG experiment ends. That would stop us from coveting real DP candidates, and getting jealous when other teams have the potential of signing a real DP.

Coveting and jealousy aren't conducive to happy threads.

Shaughno
03-17-2010, 01:13 PM
DP threads?

I believe this was just a rumour about him coming the the MLS, not TFC...

Parkdale
03-17-2010, 01:14 PM
But the first thing that has to happen is to have the athlete open to the idea. It appears they are.

I agree with the first part of your statement, that we don't really 'know' professional athletes (and it should have been inferred that I was talking about knowing his professional history - as I was replying to TFC Niagara).

Sure we don't know what makes them tick, but they are public figures and a lot of their private info becomes public knowledge. That's the cult of celebrity and it happens in sport just like it happens to people hwo are famous for music or movies.

as for this article in particular, it seems like the reporter posed a question in order to create the headline. They wanted a headline that said 'Keane to USA' and so they asked it in the softest way possible (to his wife, about the city of LA). I just think it's fluff journalism.

Boondaddy
03-17-2010, 01:15 PM

Actually, I don't agree. You can tell a lot about a players character by the way he conducts himself on and off the pitch. Take Frogba for example, I don't need to know him personally to know that he's a complete fucking douchebag.

boban
03-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Actually, I don't agree. You can tell a lot about a players character by the way he conducts himself on and off the pitch. Take Frogba for example, I don't need to know him personally to know that he's a complete fucking douchebag.
My point is you don't know how the player conducts himself off the pitch.

And the rest, well you just proved my point.

Parkdale
03-17-2010, 01:20 PM
In the end all that you and I know is FUCK ALL about the person on a personal level, how they think, their character, values, etc.

and yeah, I'm not talking about how he raises his children or his religious views,
I'm talking about his tendency to move from club to club (which has been well documented).

knowing him on a personal level has nothing to do with knowing his history as a player

Parkdale
03-17-2010, 01:23 PM

sure we do. Once a player reaches a certain level of stardom (or notoriety) you get all types of things coming out that they can't filter or personally manage.

boban
03-17-2010, 01:26 PM
and yeah, I'm not talking about how he raises his children or his religious views,
I'm talking about his tendency to move from club to club (which has been well documented).

knowing him on a personal level has nothing to do with knowing his history as a player
Yeah it does.
He is married now, plus he is older. His thought process is different than younger usually. We don't know how they as a couple are planning their future. Shit changes all the time.

Any you said "I know him pretty well". This gives the inference that you know him more than reading up on him in a paper or watching him play.

Boondaddy
03-17-2010, 01:27 PM

And the rest, well you just proved my point.

How you conduct yourself on the pitch is a reflection of character off the pitch. Man, didn't anyone teach you that.....? :rolleyes:

Parkdale
03-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Any you said "I know him pretty well". This gives the inference that you know him more than reading up on him in a paper or watching him play.

yes... I inferred that we are best buddies and I crash in his guest bedroom whenever I visit Dublin.
I make sure to bring white carnations for his wife (those are her favorites) and a bottle of Pinot to have with dinner (he's a great cook you know)

:rolleyes:

tfcleeds
03-17-2010, 01:34 PM
yes... I inferred that we are best buddies and I crash in his guest bedroom whenever I visit Dublin.
I make sure to bring white carnations for his wife (those are her favorites) and a bottle of Pinot to have with dinner (he's a great cook you know)

And you commiserated with him after Ireland got knocked out by the handball goal ;)

(Ah, we won't go there...it's St. Paddy's day, time to be happy!)

TFCtoMUFC
03-17-2010, 01:35 PM

Ok now we definitely know you don't know him. I crash in his guest room, and his wife likes PINK CARNATIONS! DAMMIT PARKDALE! This thread is very entertaining, I'm sorry its at your expense though.:facepalm:

Parkdale
03-17-2010, 01:36 PM
And you commiserated with him after Ireland got knocked out by the handball goal ;)

hey, what are friends for?

TFCtoMUFC , don't worry, I can take it.

Pachuco
03-17-2010, 01:37 PM
How much longer are we stuck with JDG?

Maybe in the interests of world peace...we can stop with the potential DP threads until the JDG experiment ends. That would stop us from coveting real DP candidates, and getting jealous when other teams have the potential of signing a real DP.

Coveting and jealousy aren't conducive to happy threads.

It doesn't matter. Mo's going to trade Garcia and two third round picks for a DP spot.

Boondaddy
03-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Yeah it does.
He is married now, plus he is older. His thought process is different than younger usually. We don't know how they as a couple are planning their future. Shit changes all the time.

It doesn't infer anything man....jesus. As I said at the very beginning...SILLY THREAD!

TFCtoMUFC
03-17-2010, 01:40 PM

Oh I know you can, and me and Robbie go way back. Alot of people think he is Robbie because his first name is Robert, but actually I gave him that nickname because he stole my woman.

Boondaddy
03-17-2010, 01:41 PM
^LOL

Shaughno
03-17-2010, 01:53 PM

yeah but...

http://coolrain44.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/can_you_dig_it.jpg

boban
03-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Again, I said you inferred you knew him better.
I was just asking the extent that supposedly was.
But seeing you wan to be a jerk about it then I thinks its best to leave it alone.

TFCtoMUFC
03-17-2010, 01:59 PM
I was just asking the extent that supposedly was.
But seeing you wan to be a jerk about it then I thinks its best to leave it alone.

Honestly, I want to be a jerk about it. Why does Parkdale always get attention?

boban
03-17-2010, 01:59 PM
How you conduct yourself on the pitch is a reflection of character off the pitch. Man, didn't anyone teach you that.....? :rolleyes:
Where is there proof of this statement?

deltox
03-17-2010, 02:08 PM
leave it alone?

show me proof that you are leaving this alone.

ill end this right now....... the dudes wife said in passing..."Would I like to see him play for a team like LA Galaxy? Yes, I would love that, but it changes all the time."

this means shit all.

end this now.

Parkdale
03-17-2010, 02:09 PM

I know more about him than was represented in the article, yes.

JDG
03-17-2010, 02:11 PM

With all of this Parkdale love you're showing I have to ask

Are you Kdot? Are you Kdot? Are you Kdot in disguise?

I guess I can answer that myself because when Kdot takes on the Sherriff he always exhibits a sense of humour.

Boondaddy
03-17-2010, 02:13 PM

http://www.bespokedesignsolutions.co.uk/images/proof3.jpg

TFC Bhoy
03-17-2010, 02:23 PM
woa this got far more out of hand than i meant it to. I was just reading some things online and found that article and like 4 others just stating the exact same thing. I was in NO way trying to say that he is coming to TFC or that this will even happen, in fact I HIGHLY doubt it will. I just thought it was interesting thats all

Boondaddy
03-17-2010, 02:25 PM
woa this got far more out of hand than i meant it to. I was just reading some things online and found that article and like 4 others just stating the exact same thing. I was in NO way trying to say that he is coming to TFC or that this will even happen, in fact I HIGHLY doubt it will. I just thought it was interesting thats all

I was interesting until someone took it WAY out of context....

boban
03-17-2010, 02:26 PM
http://www.bespokedesignsolutions.co.uk/images/proof3.jpg
Is that Drogba as an infant? lol

scooter
03-18-2010, 07:04 PM
spurs want him back
celtic probably dont want to give him up
sounds like a negotiation going on

this is a soccer board please leave the wife out of it -----kiddin knock me up in the morning boys

AL-MO
03-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Honestly, I want to be a jerk about it. Why does Parkdale always get attention?

Because he is Parkdale. No further explanation needed.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Here she is without those pesky pants. Not much meat on her at all.

http://www.sportski.mk/sliki/753df9cb2f8c0ec3ae348b98c832396bClaudine-KeaneKeane.jpg

yea i think if she wants to go to america...KEANO will follow:D

druid
03-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Glasgow press fishing for a story.

Oblio2
03-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Look. Spurs want Keane back.
Even if they didn't..there would be a whole host of top clubs after him and he wouldn't be coming to a 2nd rate outfit like the MLS.
End of.

dupont
03-28-2010, 11:45 PM

Yuck. Pics like this make me want to turn gay.

twistedchinaman
03-29-2010, 12:55 AM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0912/implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg

This whole thread is the above. There are dozens of Koreans, Japanese, Chinese and Australians and hell even New Zealanders who would fit better than Keane.

Close thread!

PRB
03-30-2010, 02:33 PM

He's been good at Cetic, but hasn't been able to stop the Gers winning another title, so he can stay youse lot as long as ya like ;)

Dunc
03-30-2010, 03:18 PM
this thread is completely useless except for the photos of his wife. keep them and delete the rest imo