PDA

View Full Version : What Chicago might have to give up for McBride

Robin
06-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Some thoughts on what McBride's rights could cost the Fire . . .

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/54221

Pachuco
06-17-2008, 12:25 PM
I just want this ordeal to be over with so we can know what we getting :)

Billy the kid
06-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Nothing will probably happen until transfer window. I still don't know how Chicago will land another DP slot.

Damien
06-17-2008, 12:44 PM
I still don't know how Chicago will land another DP slot.

I bet that's the holdup... Chicago may be asking for TFC to package up McBride with our DP spot.... THEN they can sign him.

Pachuco
06-17-2008, 12:44 PM
^ Did the transfer window not open Sunday the 15th?

James Oliphant
06-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Yeah....transfer window's been open since Sunday.

djking2
06-17-2008, 12:56 PM
The article suggests Conde & Frankowski should be all any team needs. Fuck that. They have 600 minutes of playing time between the two of them. Sounds like great way for Chicago to clear a bunch of dead salary commitment off the books and make room for McBride.

Cambridge_Red
06-17-2008, 01:03 PM
It looks to me like Chicago is fucked... Really who would we want off of Chicago other then the guys they aren't willing to part with?

TFC07
06-17-2008, 02:44 PM
It looks to me like Chicago is fucked... Really who would we want off of Chicago other then the guys they aren't willing to part with?

I think TFC will try to get Will Johnson's right + allocation money from Fire while Chicago with trade their strikers for a DP slot.

jloome
06-17-2008, 04:33 PM
I think Frankowski, if he stays healthy, would be an excellent signing. He also fits with what we already have, so if we can make space for him, we could have three decent strikers. He's a class player, former polish international, although I seem to recall him getting a chance in England and flaming out horribly. Someone with a better memory probably has the details.

Conde is a non-starter, I'm sure. Why Chicago writers and fans seem so myopically stupid on the issue of why we don't need another central defender is beyond me.

mednus
06-17-2008, 04:33 PM
According to Steve Goff the transfer window opens on July 15th

he has this quote on his Good,Bad Ugly page
"Hopefully, come July 15 [when the transfer window opens], there are some new players to add to our team and that will give us a bit more consistency," Frank Yallop

arsenal
06-17-2008, 05:19 PM
I think Frankowski, if he stays healthy, would be an excellent signing. He also fits with what we already have, so if we can make space for him, we could have three decent strikers. He's a class player, former polish international, although I seem to recall him getting a chance in England and flaming out horribly. Someone with a better memory probably has the details.

Conde is a non-starter, I'm sure. Why Chicago writers and fans seem so myopically stupid on the issue of why we don't need another central defender is beyond me.

Conde is better than Frankowski. I would not want Frankowski back in that deal. He is making $200k+ and has been less than stellar for Chicago the few times I have seen him play. His goals thus far were give-me's. Conde was a top-notch defender but is unhappy as he wants to play for OSorio and that is the only reason he signed with MLS in the first place. He just wants out ..... but he would probably start ahead of Velez. But he is not enough of an upgrade to warrant dealing for him and bringing in another CB (especially since he is gone at the end of the year).

King Tut
06-17-2008, 05:23 PM
I wouldnt mind getting Carr

WE SHOULD NOT GIVE UP OUR DP SPOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE! DP SPOT ONLY MEANS CHICAGO GETS STRONGER! EVEN IF WE DON'T USE IT, WE SHOULD KEEP IT! We don't need to strengthen Chicago and give them a DP spot on a silver plater!!

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-17-2008, 05:42 PM
According to Steve Goff the transfer window opens on July 15th

he has this quote on his Good,Bad Ugly page
"Hopefully, come July 15 [when the transfer window opens], there are some new players to add to our team and that will give us a bit more consistency," Frank Yallop

I’ve see that elsewhere as well. However, according to the MLS website:

http://web.mlsnet.com/about/league.jsp?section=regulations&content=overview

(B) TRANSFERS AND LOANS
An MLS player may be transferred or loaned at any time to a team outside the League. The registration windows - the dates between which MLS may request the transfer certificate of an international player are as follows:
January 15 - April 15 (Primary Window)
June 15 - August 15 (Secondary Window

rocker
06-17-2008, 05:51 PM
ya there seems to be some discrepancy on the date of the window... but maybe the rules changed and they haven't updated the site. Unless Frank Yallop miss-spoke??? Although I doubt he's mistaken about the window since he'd bring guys in now if he could.

greatwhitenorf
06-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Wouldn't touch Frankowski. Bit of a geezer, looks far too much like Tomas Radzinski. Definitely the product of some kind of Baltic voodoo. Don't need Conde. Back line is looking fairly stable right now.

What would it take to get Rolfe? He's young, talented, and productive. Too much to ask for?

We should be able to score a talented striker - O'Brien White? - in the upcoming draft. And it's a position we have to think seriously about. Cunningham hasn't got long left and, God Love Him Because God Loves A Tryer, Danny Dichio can't carry the hod up front forever either. We need talent up front soon.

If we went in the draft for a player at another position, would Chicago's Patrick Nyarko be worthy of consideration? Only 22, bit of a stringbean, but has wheels.

ensco
06-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Chicago can't do that to Frankowski, much as they might want to. If they do, they'll never be able to sign a veteran guy from Europe again.

I'm also not sure they want to. He was their marquee offseason signing, and is a big deal in the Polish community there.

oxygenatedbrain
06-17-2008, 07:48 PM
From today's TFC story:
Carver is determined to add to his squad over the next few weeks. "The window is now open, and we will be busy. In preseason I asked the fans to be patient. I said we would get players in here to improve the squad, and we did. Now I'm saying the same thing again; just see what happens in the next few weeks, be patient, we will improve the squad."

Blazer
06-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Tell me more about McBride. Is he going to make a huge impact in this league? Does he want to be playing at this level of play? Does he want to be in his home town of Chicago or would he welcome an opportunity in Toronto? I need answers people.

Azerban
06-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Tell me more about McBride. Is he going to make a huge impact in this league? Does he want to be playing at this level of play? Does he want to be in his home town of Chicago or would he welcome an opportunity in Toronto? I need answers people.

Yes. Yes. Yes. No.

In that order.

S_D
06-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Wouldn't touch Frankowski. Bit of a geezer, looks far too much like Tomas Radzinski. Definitely the product of some kind of Baltic voodoo. Don't need Conde. Back line is looking fairly stable right now.

What would it take to get Rolfe? He's young, talented, and productive. Too much to ask for?

We should be able to score a talented striker - O'Brien White? - in the upcoming draft. And it's a position we have to think seriously about. Cunningham hasn't got long left and, God Love Him Because God Loves A Tryer, Danny Dichio can't carry the hod up front forever either. We need talent up front soon.

If we went in the draft for a player at another position, would Chicago's Patrick Nyarko be worthy of consideration? Only 22, bit of a stringbean, but has wheels.

I think that these two would be the best options for TFC (allocation cash too) unless Mo sends the allocation elsewhere. I like the idea of draft picks becasue there is the possiblity of getting O'Brien White. If he lives up to his expectations and he can be nabbed with the second pick overall, the rest (ours and say Chicago's or some other team's ) can be sent to some team for allocation cash to pay down salary.

The good thing about Nyarko is he is generation Adidias so he won't count against the cap.

Watch the next Fire game if you can. I watched the last game and from what I saw, none of the players that are deemed untouchable are worth it. Maybe they had an off game so I hope to see something better this week.

Conde - meh he wants to play in New York or go elsewhere
Rolfe - injured again
Frankowski - Fire fans can't wait to see him go
Mapp - he didn't really seem that good and got subbed off at the half
Barrett - Apparently there is a norweigan team interested in signing him (some newspaper report there)
Carr - yuck

I can't see any of these players being an upgrade on what we have now. Since we have a full roster, someone would have to be dropped and if a DP is in the wings, another body (Cunny?) will have to be dropped too.

As funny as this sounds every time I hear it, we are a pretty deep team and don't need the leftovers from other teams.

Mo can afford to be picky.:)

TFC111
06-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Why would we want Will Johnson's rights? Didn't he trash the MLS last year when he was over here underachieving in the U-20s?

arsenal
06-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Why would we want Will Johnson's rights? Didn't he trash the MLS last year when he was over here underachieving in the U-20s?

Not to mention the rights probably expire at the end of this season.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Frankowsky isnt going anywhere. They brought him over from Poland and as someone else said, itll make the team look badly.

We may take Conde (who was rated highly by quite a few people including a significant segment of both NY and CHI fans) and trade him to NY for some of that Altidore money (prob a significant amount) and prob some money and or a draft. The reason he isnt currently playing isnt from a lack of skill but from saying that he didnt want to play anywhere but under Osario. MAYBE Mo will get them to throw another player in there, i dunno tho as CHI look dead good without McBride and there is the possibility that they will have to trade someone else to get a DP slot.

I think for doing nothing we will get quite a bit out of a trade like that as we are prob shipping out Cunny and signing a DP and really have no use for anyone else anywhere else as well as a) we dont have the cash (cunnys paycheck will prob pay the DP) and b)we dont have the room on first team (until we dump Cunny)

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-17-2008, 09:29 PM
From today's TFC story:
Carver is determined to add to his squad over the next few weeks. "The window is now open, and we will be busy. In preseason I asked the fans to be patient. I said we would get players in here to improve the squad, and we did. Now I'm saying the same thing again; just see what happens in the next few weeks, be patient, we will improve the squad."

This is strange. There’s contradicting info. all over the net about the transfer window being open. The league’s deputy commissioner seems to think it’s July 15th:

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/04/qa-with-ivan-gazidis-about-the-jozy-altidore-transfer/

Q&A With Ivan Gazidis About the Jozy Altidore Transfer

Q: Where does that leave the Red Bulls?

A: Our summer transfer window opens on July 15 and the Red Bulls have a month to prepare. I don’t know what their plans are, but in terms of what’s available to them, two-thirds of the revenue from the transfer will be held by league on their behalf.

MG42
06-17-2008, 09:59 PM
This is strange. There’s contradicting info. all over the net about the transfer window being open. The league’s deputy commissioner seems to think it’s July 15th

The MLS site says june 15

(B) TRANSFERS AND LOANS
An MLS player may be transferred or loaned at any time to a team outside the League. The registration windows - the dates between which MLS may request the transfer certificate of an international player are as follows:

January 15 - April 15 (Primary Window)
June 15 - August 15 (Secondary Window)

http://web.mlsnet.com/about/league.jsp?section=regulations&content=overview

Detroit_TFC
06-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Wouldn't a big pile of money be the best thing we could get from Chicago?

TFC07
06-17-2008, 10:02 PM
So we don't know when the window is open. Great! :rolleyes:

Roogsy
06-17-2008, 10:03 PM
I like Ossington's outlook.

Take on Conde+picks or something and trade him to NY for something better (like allocation money) because Chicago really doesn't have anything we want.

twistedchinaman
06-17-2008, 10:05 PM
I bet that's the holdup... Chicago may be asking for TFC to package up McBride with our DP spot.... THEN they can sign him.

And Mo is telling them to F-off.

Mo probably has plans for that slot and Chicago ain't getting their grubby little hands on it. Maybe Real Salt Lake can spare theirs for a while...

...wait no, maybe San Jose?

Nope, perhaps...oh fill in the blank. Either way they ain't gettin' it from us.

twistedchinaman
06-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Mo can afford to be picky.:)

That be music to my ears, my friend.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-17-2008, 10:09 PM
And Mo is telling them to F-off.

Mo probably has plans for that slot and Chicago ain't getting their grubby little hands on it. Maybe Real Salt Lake can spare theirs for a while...

...wait no, maybe San Jose?

Nope, perhaps...oh fill in the blank. Either way they ain't gettin' it from us.

I wouldnt stress us losing our DP slot for a second.
That shit just aint gonna happen.

DigzTFC!
06-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Agreed....we have a lot of chips to play. Lets see just how good Mo is. He could turn into a mastermind of MLS

Blazer
06-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Yes. Yes. Yes. No.

In that order.

Fuck 'em then!