PDA

View Full Version : DC Thirty with Trialist!

cementhead
03-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Just read DC has THIRTY player on there roster with trails.How many dozen TFC have what the big secret?

ag futbol
03-16-2010, 06:04 PM
where'd u read this?

I know Chicago (for whatever reason) brought their entire academy down to mexico to train pre-season as well. Some of the team trained with the first squad apparently.

I'd be all for bringing in some CSL guys to round things out. It's simply not possible run training with the number of bodies we have right now.

Ontario Arab
03-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Is it because clubs expect a strike from the pros...lol???

cementhead
03-16-2010, 06:35 PM
where'd u read this?

I know Chicago (for whatever reason) brought their entire academy down to mexico to train pre-season as well. Some of the team trained with the first squad apparently.

I'd be all for bringing in some CSL guys to round things out. It's simply not possible run training with the number of bodies we have right now.Read This:
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2010/03/dc_united_news_notes_21.html

rocker
03-16-2010, 07:00 PM
we should have 100 trialists!!! 100 is better than 30 ;)

Redpunkfiddle
03-16-2010, 07:02 PM

"Yes, have some".

Nuvinho
03-16-2010, 07:05 PM
With 30 players in the player pool, the coaching staff and front office are planning to make roster decisions following the Carolina Challenge Cup in Charleston, which continues Wednesday with United playing Toronto FC at 7:15 p.m. and concludes Saturday night against the third-division Battery.

I don't think that means 30 trialists, it just means they have 30 players at camp, signed plus trialists.

Red Rat
03-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Just read DC has THIRTY player on there roster with trails.How many dozen TFC have what the big secret?
According to TFC 15.

rr

Damien
03-16-2010, 08:43 PM
DC United's scouting system is also more developed than ours.

Ours is Tim Regan and his blackberry.

ua-kozak_TFC
03-16-2010, 09:24 PM
we should have 100 trialists!!! 100 is better than 30 ;)
You'll never get off the Mo band wagon will you?:picard:
The point he was trying to make is to show intent... If tfc brought 5 but they ended up being great no body would complian. But the little that tfc trials every year.. suck. So the next most reasonable thing would perhaps to trial more so better chance to grab a good one..

JDG
03-16-2010, 09:33 PM
It seems they're down to 29 suddenly:

SoccerByIves (http://twitter.com/SoccerByIves)

D.C. United has waived Danny Szetela. Pretty surprising move for a talented young player.

Szetela was recovered from knee surgery, but DC settled on other options while he was out. He's still just 22 so someone will pick him up.

Yohan
03-16-2010, 09:37 PM
that's a rather surprising move

though szetela did not impress during his half season stint with DC last year. talented, but has a bit of attitude problem. plus recovering from injury. hey. perfect for TFC lol! (not that we need another CM)

deschamp86
03-16-2010, 09:40 PM
(not that we need another CM)

More the reason that Mo will probably want to pick him up

JDG
03-16-2010, 09:53 PM
Ives has now posted a more verbose statement:

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2010/03/szetela-waived-by-dc-united.html (http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2010/03/szetela-waived-by-dc-united.html)

rocker
03-16-2010, 11:17 PM
You'll never get off the Mo band wagon will you?:picard:
The point he was trying to make is to show intent... If tfc brought 5 but they ended up being great no body would complian. But the little that tfc trials every year.. suck. So the next most reasonable thing would perhaps to trial more so better chance to grab a good one..

TFC trials little? How do you know that?
Why don't you tell me how many players every team in MLS has trialed so you can prove to me TFC trials less than other teams.

Let me explain to you my point once again: the volume of trialists doesn't mean shit. it's the quality that counts and the signability of trialists. That's why I poked fun at his comment that "30" meant something. If volume matters, lets trial 100... no, let's trial 200...!

Love the "Mo bandwagon line" though. You seem to have him on your mind day and night, even though my post didn't mention his name.

Redpunkfiddle
03-16-2010, 11:20 PM

Ours is Tim Regan and his blackberry.

At this rate he'll need to fill in again on defence this year.

rocker
03-16-2010, 11:22 PM

DC United's signings have been pretty disappointing lately though.....Peralta and Niell (the little guy) were overpaid busts.

Yohan
03-16-2010, 11:26 PM
DC United's signings have been pretty disappointing lately though.....Peralta and Niell (the little guy) were overpaid busts.
not every signing is a win

they kinda made up for those failures by signing pontius, wallace and jakovic

mastermixer
03-17-2010, 07:42 AM
You know, for being one of only two or three teams in this league making any money, Toronto FC sure seems organized like a USL second division team. You would think the teams with less resources would be the ones struggling to bring in trialists.

Does scouting count against the cap?? Hey MLSE, use some of those profits your pocketing and get some guys down to Central and South America!