PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Columbus?

gyuri
03-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and my passion is soccer.
What i want to know is,is anyone organizing the trip to Columbus?
I plan to go and need info on tickets and transportation.

Rgds, George

trane
03-15-2010, 04:09 PM
I hope no one goes to Columbus, so that they can have the empty stadium they deserve.

RedWookie
03-15-2010, 04:11 PM
^
100% agree

jabbronies
03-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Read this thread for some answers
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=20683&highlight=Columbus

gyuri
03-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Are we not supporters and there to cheer on our team!!!

JonO
03-15-2010, 04:14 PM
There have been a couple of threads on this, so I'll try and summarize. The group is not organizing a trip to Columbus this year, but a few people are going (and possibly some of the other supporter's groups). For tickets, it probably easiest to contact the Crew front office. For travel, you're probably on your own unless someone has space in their vehicle.

Enjoy the game!

JonO
03-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Are we not supporters and there to cheer on our team!!!
We are - the more the merrier. Most people cannot afford to go to all/most away games, so several are designated as offical trips. This year columbus was not one of them. Such is life

gyuri
03-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the info...

trane
03-15-2010, 04:27 PM
We are - the more the merrier. Most people cannot afford to go to all/most away games, so several are designated as offical trips. This year columbus was not one of them. Such is life

Jon, you are too ballnaced and reasonable, you need to learn from KD.

james
03-15-2010, 07:42 PM
I hope no one goes to Columbus, so that they can have the empty stadium they deserve.

isnt the goal of supporters to attend as many games as possible and follow your team where ever they go?? some people on this board whine to much about columbus and forget what being a supporter is all about!

andyc
03-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Gerba isn't...

:D

prizby
03-15-2010, 07:52 PM
when i go support my team, i bring my flag...my flag can't come in, then i can't come in

ima flag

that is all

kitchener-TFC
03-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Who's going to Columbus?
http://dharmafolk.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/empty_stadium_med.jpg[/URL]
These guys might show up:
http://www.boothtownterriers.co.uk/images/tumbleweeds01.jpg[URL="http://z.about.com/d/phoenix/1/0/e/X/2/tumbleweeds01.jpg"] (http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/IGS/IGS448/empty-stadium-seating_~IS630-007.jpg)

CretanBull
03-15-2010, 11:00 PM
isnt the goal of supporters to attend as many games as possible and follow your team where ever they go?? some people on this board whine to much about columbus and forget what being a supporter is all about!

Tasers, indiscriminate use of pepper-spray, violence, racist cops, drunken idiots looking for problems...yeah, there's no real issues that need to be addressed, we're just whining :rolleyes:

I'll meet you for a beer in the parking lot outside of CommunityAmerica Ballpark in Kansas City and you can remind me what being a supporter is all about.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-15-2010, 11:04 PM
meh, whatever i was there for that and it wasnt a big deal, i know its a bit much to say but realistically its not always going to be friendly when you go to an opposing city to watch a game, in some cases its part of the fun, i definitely wish i as going this year but i do kinda like the idea that columbus will remain empty as fuck, pathetic supporters/team/fo

Roogsy
03-15-2010, 11:22 PM

And I assume you've been to every away game TFC has ever had?

Because that is the only way this argument works.

Supporters select the games which games they organize trips go to. This year, the Red Patch Boys are going to New England. If you feel like going to Columbus...I wish you well and I hope you see the team win. I assume we will also see you in New England as well?

So that being said...let's not rehash the same thread that has popped up every week ahead of the season. This thread will only continue if there is new discussion about Columbus. If there isn't, we will be closing this thread.

For all of you wanting to go to Columbus, nobody is stopping you. Have fun and we will see you in Boston.

Nomad
03-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Tasers, indiscriminate use of pepper-spray, violence, racist cops, drunken idiots looking for problems...yeah, there's no real issues that need to be addressed, we're just whining :rolleyes:

I'll meet you for a beer in the parking lot outside of CommunityAmerica Ballpark in Kansas City and you can remind me what being a supporter is all about.

We're going to have a good conversation over a few beer pretty soon. It might be a real eye opener for you.

Super
03-16-2010, 01:07 AM
I've already been to Columbus 3 times. I can't afford to do every road trip, so this spring I decided to put my cash and time towards going to Boston (only been there one time for TFC).

Roogsy
03-16-2010, 01:10 AM
I am fascinated by these arguments of "I thought we were supporters"...it's a ridiculous comment.

I went to LA in year one. Does that make me a better supporter than someone going to Columbus this year? Apparently it does! Yay me! :rolleyes:

CretanBull
03-16-2010, 02:35 AM
We're going to have a good conversation over a few beer pretty soon. It might be a real eye opener for you.

Looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Section 117
03-16-2010, 07:46 AM
If there is a season I will be there.

FluSH
03-16-2010, 07:52 AM
I'm passing on Columbus this year... If I wanted to get treated like an animal once again then I would attend Columbus... for this time around I'm going to spend my money in Boston.

P.S. The racist remarks were also quite pleasant... maybe next year.

HMGCbgpIf3E

POLICE IN HELICOPTER
LOOKING FOR TORONAAAAH
POLICEMEN IN THE STREETS
SEARCHING FOR T-F-C

SOLDIERS IN THE FIELD
BURNING THE T-F-C

BUT IF YOU CONTINUE TO BURN UP THE REDS
WE GONNA BURN DOWN THE GAME FIELD

IF YOU CONTINUE TO BURN UP THE REDS
WE GONNA BURN DOWN THE GAME FIELD

Boris
03-16-2010, 07:57 AM
I am fascinated by these arguments of "I thought we were supporters"...it's a ridiculous comment.

I went to LA in year one. Does that make me a better supporter than someone going to Columbus this year? Apparently it does! Yay me! :rolleyes:

agreed.

In the end, it was a hard decision to make to not go back.

Just as much as we dont look at those who choose to go back differently, we hope they can have the same respect and understand why we chose to stay back.

Its not an easy choice but its the best choice so that in the future we can avoid situations like we had last year

Mark in Ottawa
03-16-2010, 08:53 AM
Clearly not every away game can be "sanctioned" as an official supporters event.
The numbers currently just do not warrant it.

The executive made an informed decision in this case and Boston it is.

This in no way stops any fan who wishes to travel to Columbus or any other away game but they must realize that they are basically "on their own" with whatever others make the trip. They are not seen to be travelling as part of the "official supporters groups" of TFC.

Stugatzo
03-16-2010, 08:54 AM

Yeah...that would require you flying to Kansas again and based on last year's experience with you and the flight to Kansas...

peterboroughtfcfan
03-16-2010, 08:58 AM
agreed.

In the end, it was a hard decision to make to not go back.

Just as much as we dont look at those who choose to go back differently, we hope they can have the same respect and understand why we chose to stay back.

Its not an easy choice but its the best choice so that in the future we can avoid situations like we had last year

Do you have any idea on the numbers going to either Boston or Columbus? While I agree with the decision not to go to Columbus there has to be a concern about fragmenting the group/groups.

What made the Columbus trips so special IMO was the amount of people we sent down there. I'm just guessing, but I doubt we are going to mobilize 1500-2200 people to Boston. That's fine for this year if we are trying to send a message to the Crew FO, but I think its important that the SGs have one trip per year where they move en masse.

Nomad
03-16-2010, 08:59 AM
This in no way stops any fan who wishes to travel to Columbus or any other away game but they must realize that they are basically "on their own" with whatever others make the trip. They are not seen to be travelling as part of the "official supporters groups" of TFC.

If you attend an away match and wear the merch of your SG then you are representing your group and will be seen as representing your group by others and you should act accordingly. The only difference in sanctioned vs non-sanctioned in my eyes is who organizes the trip, you or someone else.

CretanBull
03-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Yeah...that would require you flying to Kansas again and based on last year's experience with you and the flight to Kansas...

I don't know what you're talking about, I was as cool as a cucumber on that plane :cool:

No, wait - I was as green as a cucumber :D

Boris
03-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Do you have any idea on the numbers going to either Boston or Columbus? While I agree with the decision not to go to Columbus there has to be a concern about fragmenting the group/groups.

What made the Columbus trips so special IMO was the amount of people we sent down there. I'm just guessing, but I doubt we are going to mobilize 1500-2200 people to Boston. That's fine for this year if we are trying to send a message to the Crew FO, but I think its important that the SGs have one trip per year where they move en masse.

overall, i am not overly concerned with a fragment.
I have no info on numbers for Columbus. BUT, as for Boston we have 2 blocks of hotels already booked.

Youd have to ask someone from the away team on exact numbers.

The groups are not fragmented at all. members understand the decision made and for the most part agree. In a group our size and so diverse in opinion it would be impossible to have everyone agree. I am overall happy with the reaction that the members have had.

Redpunkfiddle
03-16-2010, 09:27 AM
If you attend an away match and wear the merch of your SG then you are representing your group and will be seen as representing your group by others and you should act accordingly. The only difference in sanctioned vs non-sanctioned in my eyes is who organizes the trip, you or someone else.

Oh well. If you mean don't act like an ass when wearing the group's colours that's a given. If you mean no one should be seen with group colours in Columbus, there is no such edict.

Besides, it's harder to ensure this kind of thing amongst hundreds of members as opposed to two dozen or whatever.

jabbronies
03-16-2010, 09:29 AM

Fragmenting the group? how so? RPB isn't stopping its members from going to Columbus. RPB isn't stopping U-sector or NEE from going. Where's the concern?

That's what Boston is all about. It's the first big trip of the year. U sector and RPB are making that the first official big trip. EN MASSE

No one is stopping you guys from going to Columbus. Why is it so hard to understand that?

you are on here saying that people are whining about not going to Columbus. And you don't realize that you are actually whining about people not going to Columbus!

Get over it, we're not going en masse to Columbus. We're going to New England. If you want to go to Columbus, go!

And stop making mutiple fucking threads about who's going and who's not going. Use the search feature.

Nomad
03-16-2010, 09:48 AM
Oh well. If you mean don't act like an ass when wearing the group's colours that's a given. If you mean no one should be seen with group colours in Columbus, there is no such edict.

Besides, it's harder to ensure this kind of thing amongst hundreds of members as opposed to two dozen or whatever.

I have no idea the point you're trying to make in regards to quoting me so i'll clarify my point to the original poster i quoted and the specific sentence in which i felt warranted a reply...

"They are not seen to be travelling as part of the "official supporters groups" of TFC." is false. You will be seen as travelling as part of a "official supporters group" if you are a member of an SG and choose to display it.

Parkdale
03-16-2010, 10:00 AM
alright... the original poster's question has been answered.

there is no official RPB trip to Columbus, so you'll have to find your own tickets, transport and accommodation.

See everyone else in Beantown!

Roogsy
03-16-2010, 10:12 AM
"They are not seen to be travelling as part of the "official supporters groups" of TFC." is false. You will be seen as travelling as part of a "official supporters group" if you are a member of an SG and choose to display it.

So by that logic, the guy in Charleston yelling at Mo is representing NEE?