PDA

View Full Version : Deja vu all over again?

trane
03-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Why do I have a feeling, that I have been here before, new season , new manager ( one with a proven track record in the league), unsettled roster.

I agree that it could all be because of the CBA situation, still it is frustrating.

[ By other in the title I mean over- I am magic on the keyboard]

Red Rat
03-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Why do I have a feeling, that I have been here before, new season , new manager ( one with a proven track record in the league), unsettled roster.

I agree that it could all be because of the CBA situation, still it is frustrating.

[ By other in the title I mean over- I am magic on the keyboard]

it's not even groundhog day.. or is it?

rr

trane
03-12-2010, 04:33 PM
It feels like out own ground hog day, the only problem it is year three, of our own ground hog day. I give them a pass in year one.

mastermixer
03-12-2010, 04:33 PM
I remember how super excited I was around this time last year... DeRo signed, we got Serioux, and that mysterious Argentinian sensation Vitti.
Can't say I'm as optomistic this year, and with the stupid strike putting a dark cloud over the season isnt helping much either.

trane
03-12-2010, 04:34 PM
^ So its getting worse??????

mastermixer
03-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Do you see many positive and optimistic threads on here lately? I don't.

trane
03-12-2010, 04:42 PM
^ I was trying to avoid this section, but so close to the season with so little confirmed it is getting hard.

ensco
03-12-2010, 05:00 PM
No, groundhog day implies that we're staying the same.

The best this team has ever been was two months into the first season, it's been a backslide from there.

trane
03-12-2010, 05:37 PM
^ You are right.

MUFC_Niagara
03-12-2010, 06:18 PM
I'm optimistic. The only thing I am looking forward to is Mo leaving after we don't make the playoffs.....again.

Batman
03-12-2010, 06:38 PM
It definitely deja vu. I have low expectations for the year. Mo delivering the same old same old. Sure, the CBA is an issue...but what was the excuse each of the last few years.

You wonder if Anselmi or Peddie actually cares. I'd sure love to see some evidence.

Damien
03-12-2010, 06:48 PM
If we're gonna miss the playoffs, I hope it's by a lot and Mo gets fired...

...none of this "oh, we just missed so maybe give him an extension!"

trane
03-13-2010, 02:51 PM
It definitely deja vu. I have low expectations for the year. Mo delivering the same old same old. Sure, the CBA is an issue...but what was the excuse each of the last few years.

You wonder if Anselmi or Peddie actually cares. I'd sure love to see some evidence.

That is the think. I gave some room for doubt because of the CBA, but would in not be niece that our roster was kinda sorta set going into trayining camp, and then adjoustements additions were made, as opposed that 10 days prior to the end of training camp there are so many questions, and if we are lucky we will start the season with the roster kinda sorta set, and make additions and adjousments durring the season as we always do.

J .
03-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Im stoked about this year. JDG anyone? What about a tactical coach, something we've missed since we began.

Serioux won't be missed and Robbo is missed emotionally, but JDG and Cronin will be a better midfield for us.

Obrien White is healthy, Gerba is in match shape, DeRo is a top MLS talent....

There is a lot to look forward to this season.

trane
03-13-2010, 05:59 PM
^ I agree with all of that. But an unsettled squad undermines everything.

swan
03-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Im stoked about this year. JDG anyone? What about a tactical coach, something we've missed since we began.

Serioux won't be missed and Robbo is missed emotionally, but JDG and Cronin will be a better midfield for us.

Obrien White is healthy, Gerba is in match shape, DeRo is a top MLS talent....

There is a lot to look forward to this season.

i think you are wrong there he was great when not playing hurt...

trane
03-13-2010, 08:10 PM
^ Yeah, to be clear I agree with the positives, but I am not sure about Serioux and Robbo only time will tell. Ithought JDG Cronin and even Sanyang are our future at CB, and I had issues with Serioux's defending at times, to many times. But it all depends on what you get in. Right now it is looking like nothing much.