PDA

View Full Version : A thought about the changes...

J .
03-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Last season there was complaints from the dressing room about certain guys not being "there" in a professional sense, sure they showed up but guys like DeRo and Cronin lamented the fact the club was lacking the killer instinct.

It could be possible that Preki identified Serioux and Robinson as those guys. I know I was disappointed with Serioux last season. Its quite possible that while popular, these guys were trying to control the team.

Preki stated Robinson didnt want to be there, quite possibly Robinson not liking the driving method of Preki.

So for what its worth, I am not going to miss either of them. Serioux and Robinson were overrated as players and if they were locker room poison, then even better.

Shaughno
03-12-2010, 01:22 PM
FWIW Robbo was considered a locker room leader by the players from all accounts and I know he loved the city, the club and the fans... It was personnel issues from what I heard. Take that for what it's worth, but my guess is MO.

Roogsy
03-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Last season there was complaints from the dressing room about certain guys not being "there" in a professional sense, sure they showed up but guys like DeRo and Cronin lamented the fact the club was lacking the killer instinct.

It could be possible that Preki identified Serioux and Robinson as those guys. I know I was disappointed with Serioux last season. Its quite possible that while popular, these guys were trying to control the team.

Preki stated Robinson didnt want to be there, quite possibly Robinson not liking the driving method of Preki.

So for what its worth, I am not going to miss either of them. Serioux and Robinson were overrated as players and if they were locker room poison, then even better.

I know you are speculating but Serioux and Robbo as the problem? I don't think anyone can buy into that.

KRO
03-12-2010, 01:42 PM
I don't think you are right about Robbo as he was always cited as a positive force in the dressing room and you could never accuse him of not being Mr. 100%. If he did want out as Preki said then I think it was more a case of seeing the writing on the wall with De Guzman arriving.
You could be right about Serioux. Some of the body language and attitude between him and other players on the field during games led me to thinking he was not a popular team mate. His big failing on the field was that he was too casual at times and thought he was better than he actually was. (IMHO)

parma
03-12-2010, 01:45 PM
New here to the forum, just my two cents...both players were stalwarts on the field, who knows elsewhere in the dressing room. But this team did not achieve with them and there are other parts that should also be dispatched…but we all wanted change (not fast enough in this MLS contract league) and it is now happening, and players we admire maybe shown the door..but we did not win with them last year and if new players are brought in and we win, all is mute….hopefully the new players are on the way….

bgnewf
03-12-2010, 01:46 PM
It could be argued that until this season, with the addition of Preki and his staff, that in actuality we have never really had a true head coach in our history. Perhaps the lack of such leadership in the dressing room let little things get out of hand and blown out of proportion.

For what it's worth, I can't see that kind of shenanigans going on this year considering Preki's hard ass reputation.

JonO
03-12-2010, 02:06 PM
FWIW Robbo was considered a locker room leader by the players from all accounts and I know he loved the city, the club and the fans... It was personnel issues from what I heard. Take that for what it's worth, but my guess is MO.
Yeah - don't know about Serioux, but everything I have heard about Robbo - from journalists, other players - is that he was well respected and liked. From a fan perspective, he flew back at the end of last year specifically to attend the 90th minute party...

Although some here debate his quality, I think few debate his effort and dedication to the team.

Gobi
03-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Sorry, but this drives me crazy.

Moot
–adjective
1. open to discussion or debate; debatable; doubtful: a moot point.
2. of little or no practical value or meaning; purely academic.
3. Chiefly Law. not actual; theoretical; hypothetical.

Mute
–adjective
1. silent; refraining from speech or utterance.
2. not emitting or having sound of any kind.
3. incapable of speech; dumb.

Shaughno
03-12-2010, 03:41 PM
LOL gobi. MOOT point. Mute person.

Pachuco
03-12-2010, 03:47 PM

Bah. You open a thread on pure speculation and you are pointing at two pretty unlikely locker room cancers just because you think they were overatted? :picard:

TFC Tifoso
03-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Bah. You open a thread on pure speculation and you are pointing at two pretty unlikely locker room cancers just because you think they were overatted? :picard:

lol.....yeah lets blame the guy who gave his all last year with a fucked up neck, and our "co-captain" as the problem.....didn't you know?....

olegunnar
03-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Since we're semi-randomly throwing names out there I have something to share...

Looks like I got to this thread in the Nick of time. Just wanted to share I really miss the days when Damaso Garcia was playing for the Blue Jays.

Oh got another thought....it's coming....here it is.

When I'm hanging around the water cooler shooting the shit about my boss and my boss' buddy from finance is there too, I never ever feel the need to censor what I say about my boss. I'm naive and think that anything I say by the water cooler, stays by the water cooler and my boss will never ever find out.
Funny though...I heard some guys saying negative things about my boss by the water cooler...and the guy from finance was kind of hanging around eavesdroppping...the next week those guys got transfered to the Siberia office. Must be a coincidence.

JonO
03-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Sorry, but this drives me crazy.
I wish some people would make a mute point ;)

daner90
03-12-2010, 05:30 PM
The only thing disappointing about Serioux last season was the fact he couldn't play more because of his injuries.
When healthy the guy was an absolute beast!!! Even after he fucked up his neck he continued to try and play, literally giving his body to the team...

Gobi
03-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Since we're semi-randomly throwing names out there I have something to share...

Looks like I got to this thread in the Nick...

...got transfered to the Siberia office. Must be a coincidence.

Ding ding ding. You are a winner!
Nail, meet head. Etc.

Along with another known yes-man in defense, this has been my theory for some time too: that there are moles in the dressing room ready to kiss Mo's hairy ginger butt.

Careful what you say around the water cooler, boys.

J .
03-13-2010, 05:21 PM

Sorry about the typo... Must have been tough to see one of those on the internet...first time for everything...

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/article/776972--tfc-s-robinson-sent-packing

“It’s a case of the numbers. It’s a case of the salary cap. It’s a case of everything,” Preki said of the veteran midfielder on TFC TV after the team practised in Oakville ahead of a pre-season tournament in South Carolina beginning next weekend.
“We believe he’s already made up his mind that he’s not coming back here.”

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2010/03/08/robinson_tfc/

"Carl has been released and I believe he is training in New York, but that is where it stops with me," Preki said. "From the first day I came to Toronto it seemed that he was not settled and I was not going to stand in his way. My job was to accommodate and the people who do not really want to be here, we don’t want them here."

"It was a case of numbers (in the midfield) and a case of salary cap, but he had also already made up his mind and he was not coming back here," Preki said Monday. "The decision had to be made and we now have to move forward."

If it just was a cap issue, then the rest of the stuff wouldn't have been said. Just because a guy is popular with the players, doesn't mean he fit within the tougher mentality Preki is allegedly trying to implement.

I'm not blaming anyone, but clearly those two were identified as a problem by Preki. Our midfield is younger and much more talented with the addition of JDG.

Second, if Mo was able to bring in a guy like Robbo who a bunch of y'all refuse to entertain could have been a problem, why couldn't he bring in another guy to be loved?

jloome
03-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Sorry about the typo... Must have been tough to see one of those on the internet...first time for everything...

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/article/776972--tfc-s-robinson-sent-packing

“It’s a case of the numbers. It’s a case of the salary cap. It’s a case of everything,” Preki said of the veteran midfielder on TFC TV after the team practised in Oakville ahead of a pre-season tournament in South Carolina beginning next weekend.
“We believe he’s already made up his mind that he’s not coming back here.”

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2010/03/08/robinson_tfc/

"Carl has been released and I believe he is training in New York, but that is where it stops with me," Preki said. "From the first day I came to Toronto it seemed that he was not settled and I was not going to stand in his way. My job was to accommodate and the people who do not really want to be here, we don’t want them here."

"It was a case of numbers (in the midfield) and a case of salary cap, but he had also already made up his mind and he was not coming back here," Preki said Monday. "The decision had to be made and we now have to move forward."

If it just was a cap issue, then the rest of the stuff wouldn't have been said. Just because a guy is popular with the players, doesn't mean he fit within the tougher mentality Preki is allegedly trying to implement.

I'm not blaming anyone, but clearly those two were identified as a problem by Preki. Our midfield is younger and much more talented with the addition of JDG.

Second, if Mo was able to bring in a guy like Robbo who a bunch of y'all refuse to entertain could have been a problem, why couldn't he bring in another guy to be loved?

He's 33-year-old two-time team player of the year used to playing at a higher level, with 52 international caps. If Craig Forrest is right, per Soccer Central today, he just wasn't ready to sit. And the midfield was awfully crowded already.

That all fits with what Preki said, but doesn't make the way he worded it look very genuine. He's put the onus on Robinson to correct him, which makes him look like he's whining publicly. He didn't want to leave, but he didn't want to bench warm.

Blazer
03-13-2010, 06:17 PM

Robbo never took me as anything but a guy who wanted to win at all cost?! I think he’s gone just because his game has left him and there’s no sign of it ever coming back.

rocker
03-14-2010, 04:31 PM
That all fits with what Preki said, but doesn't make the way he worded it look very genuine. He's put the onus on Robinson to correct him, which makes him look like he's whining publicly. He didn't want to leave, but he didn't want to bench warm.

I think Preki's comments depend on the question asked.

If I asked both of them "Did you want to be here/Did Robbo want to be here?" you can get two completely different answers that are both genuine.

Robbo may answer in a general way, considering his love for Toronto. Preki might be answering based on a proposal he made (you'll be on the bench, and we want you to take a pay cut).

I doubt if you asked Robbo "did you want to be here on the bench and at a pay cut" you'd get a very different answer from Robbo.

Pinkie
03-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Ding ding ding. You are a winner!
Nail, meet head. Etc.

Along with another known yes-man in defense, this has been my theory for some time too: that there are moles in the dressing room ready to kiss Mo's hairy ginger butt.

Careful what you say around the water cooler, boys.

albeit that I agree entirely with your post.

this is an image I really didn't want to have. gross.

jabbronies
03-15-2010, 09:06 AM
I think now that this article is out : http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=930570#post930570

This thread should be considered done?

Technorgasm
03-15-2010, 09:53 AM

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/additional/large/office_space_kit_mat.jpg

drewski
03-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Yeah - don't know about Serioux, but everything I have heard about Robbo - from journalists, other players - is that he was well respected and liked. From a fan perspective, he flew back at the end of last year specifically to attend the 90th minute party...

Although some here debate his quality, I think few debate his effort and dedication to the team.

+1

(possibly the first time I've ever agreed with an initial response of somebody like you :p)

wish that everyday :D