PDA

View Full Version : Eskandarian sidelined indefinately (retires)

rowan
03-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Alecko Eskandarian, a D.C. United fan favorite and MVP of the 2004 MLS Cup who was sidelined by concussions on two occasions, is taking an indefinite leave from soccer.

In an e-mail to the Insider, Eskandarian said: "As a result of injuries that I suffered, I am being forced from the game of soccer at this time. I have not been able to receive clearance by doctors, and therefore I must take a step back to focus on my health and recovery. This has been a very frustrating and disheartening realization for me, and I don't think the reality of it has set in yet. However, after consulting with several doctors, it is clear that I have no other option at this point in time."full story (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2010/03/eskandarian_steps_aside.html)

werewolf
03-11-2010, 05:11 PM
thats a shame, he was a good guy, hard working player. Hopefully he can find his way back at some point.

Shaughno
03-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Shitty deal. Esky was nothing but class when I met him.

rocker
03-11-2010, 05:43 PM
remember the shock when he was traded? he got so much love from the fans despite only playing a handful of games for us.

TFC07
03-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Sorry to read that. :(

Red Rat
03-11-2010, 05:59 PM
remember the shock when he was traded? he got so much love from the fans despite only playing a handful of games for us.
then we treated him like shit, calling him a reject.

anyone that fights for what they love doing deserves better.

FluSH
03-11-2010, 06:32 PM
I remember meeting one of Esky's ex GF's in Columbus... lol

Take Care Esky...