PDA

View Full Version : Red Bulls Sign Greg Sutton

Chevy
03-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Good for Greg!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=754165&sec=mls&cc=5901&campaign=rss&source=soccernet

Canary Canuck
03-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Good for Greg! I'm happy for him. he's a first class guy and I'm glad he's gotten another chance.

reggie
03-11-2010, 04:01 PM
good for him....now lets put 5 by him...fat chance..lol

Batman
03-11-2010, 04:34 PM
way to go Greg. Good for you!
Now, when you play Toronto,

Prepare to Get Stuffed!

Daveisonfire
03-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Both Sutts and Robbo signed by RBNY...Doesn't Boyens play there too?

They are looking alot like 1st year TFC

Stencils
03-12-2010, 09:18 AM

This can only help our chances against NYRB, neh?

Gixmo
03-12-2010, 10:30 AM
way to go Greg. Good for you!
Now, when you play Toronto,

Prepare to Get Stuffed!

Lol, Amen!

Great news for Greg who has several years on the pitch left. A quality keeper who will steal a game here and there. It was too bad he didn't last in Toronto, but I can understand the youthful approach. I wouldn't be surprised if Greg has a career year, He's been in great form from what I rear/see online.

Derko
03-12-2010, 10:52 AM
NYRB are not going to be in last place this year, Good luck to Greg and Carl.

rocker
03-12-2010, 10:56 AM
NYRB are not going to be in last place this year, Good luck to Greg and Carl.

how about second last place?

they have a lonnnng way to go to be successful, considering they were one of the worst teams in MLS history last year.

menefreghista
03-12-2010, 10:58 AM
they have a lonnnng way to go to be successful, considering they were one of the worst teams in MLS history last year.

Ya, which makes losing out on a playoff spot by losing to them on the last day of the season sting even more.

But lets give idiot in charge another chance and a nice contract extension and raise! He deserves it!

Damien
03-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Although I am happy for Sutts... his distribution is TOTAL SHIT.

So when he plays against us, I'll be happy the recover the ball quickly from his restarts :D

olegunnar
03-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Although I am happy for Sutts... his distribution is TOTAL SHIT.

So when he plays against us, I'll be happy the recover the ball quickly from his restarts :D

1) Keep the shots low

2) Put lots of balls in the box...right at the top of the 6 yard box or about 2 yards in front of it...so he does his...I'm coming for it...no maybe not...well I should probably go get it...ooops I can't get there now since I've been wavering so long...I guess I'll stand here in no mans land and hope the ball hits me...routine.

King Tut
03-12-2010, 02:28 PM

They also have Kevin Goldthwaite.

4 Ex-TFC players who transfered directly from TFC to the New York Energy Drinks.

Damien
03-12-2010, 03:10 PM
1) Keep the shots low

2) Put lots of balls in the box...right at the top of the 6 yard box or about 2 yards in front of it...so he does his...I'm coming for it...no maybe not...well I should probably go get it...ooops I can't get there now since I've been wavering so long...I guess I'll stand here in no mans land and hope the ball hits me...routine.

Also, shoot on net from beyond the box... Sutts always had trouble with long range shots... and like u said, keep them low.

Shakes McQueen
03-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Good guy, has a family - glad to see him doing what he loves again.

That said, I still hope we obliterate him when we play the Energy Drinks.

- Scott

rocker
03-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Ya, which makes losing out on a playoff spot by losing to them on the last day of the season sting even more.

we beat em 2 out of 3 last year.

Alixir
03-12-2010, 06:53 PM
good luck in New York bambi. Lets hope that 5x5 hole brings us luck when we beat the Red Calves around the pitch this season :p

menefreghista
03-14-2010, 08:35 PM
we beat em 2 out of 3 last year.

Are you seriously taking pride in that?

rocker
03-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Are you seriously taking pride in that?

just pointing out a fact.

if we beat every team 2 out of 3 we'd win the league.

If we'd lost the first game of the set 5-0 and won the last two, nobody would be talking about it. But humans are funny that way. Duane Rollins made a great point on It's Called Football last week that Toronto's troubles have actually been at the start of seasons, not the end. Win a few more at the start last year and the final game wouldn't have mattered..

menefreghista
03-14-2010, 08:53 PM
just pointing out a fact.

if we beat every team 2 out of 3 we'd win the league.

If we'd lost the first game of the set 5-0 and won the last two, nobody would be talking about it. But humans are funny that way. Duane Rollins made a great point on It's Called Football last week that Toronto's troubles have actually been at the start of seasons, not the end. Win a few more at the start last year and the final game wouldn't have mattered..

Wow.

SuperTCP
03-18-2010, 08:49 AM

Yup, they are putting the "red" in the red bulls.

Steve
03-18-2010, 08:57 AM
1) Keep the shots low

What the what? Sutton's command of his box was one of his best assets. Especially compared to Frei, who last year gave up more than a few goals by being too afraid to come out for a high ball. I don't know what you're talking about here, but I always felt that if there was a cross coming in, Sutton would grab it, and hold on.

menefreghista
03-18-2010, 09:13 AM
If your keeper sucks at distribution, a good coach would force him to play the ball short to one of his defenders. And then have the defenders play the ball up the field.

But when your game plan has always been to hoof the ball as far as possible, why would you bother telling your keeper that?