PDA

View Full Version : TFC Organization wins major award!

bgnewf
03-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Tom Anselmi
Mo Johnston
Michelle Lissell
Paul Bierne

TORONTO FC
BMO Field
170 Princes' Blvd.
Toronto, ON
M6K 3C3

Dear Toronto FC:

I wanted to be the first to congratulate you on winning the First Annual "CLASSIEST ORGANIZATION IN MLS" award. The Awards committee looked at every nominee for 2009/2010 and we are pleased to report that your organization was judged far and away the classiest organization in the league.

A few events in particular over the past year stood out when the committee made it's decision.

- The handling of the rescheduled league game against Red Bull last season to accommodate the temporary grass pitch and the Galacticos from Real Madrid was handled with grace and aplomb. You did not let the fact that away fans had to cancel a long planned visit to BMO Field get in your way of rescheduling the match for a friendly. Nor did you let fan displeasure of delaying a league game for a friendly get in your way of doing what you wanted to do in the first place. Well done! Classy move.

- The Danny Dichio "retirement" was another example cited by the committee in their deliberations. You kept everybody guessing TFC by saying Danny could not travel on long flights anymore. You kept even more of us guessing when you then stated that Danny "decided" on his own accord to retire before the season ended when the club was fighting for its playoff life with a shortened bench. Giving Danny only a few seconds at the start of the last home game to say goodbye to his loyal fans was another great move. I am sure that this was the way he wanted to end his playing career.

- The efforts of your Public Relations department was perhaps the clincher in voting for the award this year. No other organization in MLS has done a better job of keeping player movement under the radar than Toronto FC has. No other club has done a better job of keeping the fanbase guessing about the future than yours has. The brilliance shown in not releasing any news in the way TFC has done it this past year is a shining light for other struggling non-playoff teams to emulate in years to come. Michelle, you and your staff need to take a bow. How Carl Robinson and Adrian Serioux were shipped out of Toronto without so much as a bye or leave from your club was another masterstroke of subtlety and professionalism. Kudos!

The committee realizes that as defending holders of the "CLASSIEST ORGANIZATION IN MLS" award, you will be a hard act to follow. Best of luck in next years competition.

The Award ceremony this year will be held outside of Gate 3 of BMO Field by the burning oil drum on April 1st 2010. See you all there!

Sincerely,

I.P. Freely
Committee Chair

Bluenose13
03-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Well deserved award.......They really did earn it!!!

BuSaPuNk
03-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Well deserved award.......They really did earn it!!!

There hard work should be commended!!!

:facepalm:

AL-MO
03-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Slow day at the office Newf? :lol:

Good work!

bgnewf
03-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Slow day at the office Newf? :lol:

Good work!

Slow day indeed

Oldtimer
03-11-2010, 02:32 PM
good classic biting satire.

tfcmanu
03-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Pass me the Kleenex, I'm so proud of what they accomplished???:facepalm:

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/211_kleenex.jpg

olegunnar
03-11-2010, 02:57 PM
If you were going to share this with anyone other than a message board...

I'd take out the Lissel reference. Keep the criticism broad and at the management level.

By choosing to only name one person, out of many, it dilutes your point by making it appear like you're making a personal attack.

Batman
03-11-2010, 03:08 PM
If you were going to share this with anyone other than a message board...

I'd take out the Lissel reference. Keep the criticism broad and at the management level.

By choosing to only name one person, out of many, it dilutes your point by making it appear like you're making a personal attack.

I agree with this. I don't think Ms. Lissel would be deciding WHEN PR is initiated, only execute it when the powers that be request it. The Problem lies above. (probably with Mo)

gtaguy
03-11-2010, 03:24 PM
The TFC organization is just class. With the way there going they're gonna win it again this year. :picard:

mlsintoronto
03-11-2010, 03:26 PM
um Newf? need a hug and a beer?

mlsintoronto
03-11-2010, 03:26 PM
I must say though - the thread title had me hook, line and sinker. D'oh!

bgnewf
03-11-2010, 03:28 PM
um Newf? need a hug and a beer?

To quote Krusty the Clown.....

"I KID BECAUSE I LOVE"

mlsintoronto
03-11-2010, 03:37 PM
To quote Krusty the Clown.....

"I KID BECAUSE I LOVE"

Well I know you can't be talking about me...i don't spell my name that way. Nya nya

bgnewf
03-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Well I know you can't be talking about me...i don't spell my name that way. Nya nya

Satire
–noun
1.the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.
2.a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
3.a literary genre comprising such compositions.

Roogsy
03-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Oh boy....this thread has the potential of becoming ugly. So let's keep it inline with bgnewf's original sentiments and keep it lighthearted if still delivering a point.

We have plenty of anti-MLSE threads so please keep your vitriol for those threads.

canadian_bhoy
03-11-2010, 03:51 PM
It's a new season. I'm hoping for the best (truth included).

It's the dawning of a new day

or the dawning of...

N9oq_IskRIg

Redcoe15
03-11-2010, 03:54 PM
For a moment, I thought it was serious.

neuf
03-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Major award?

http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/2006/12/leg-lamp.jpg

Pistachio Disguisey
03-11-2010, 04:12 PM
It a has for the longa time since I a have a post on a your internet board.

But I can a nolonger stand a for what I see a with this place. Lose the Mr. Robinson is a great a thing for us. He and the other Englanders they a play stupad style. They do a not play the beautiful way.

If a mo go a too I also will be a happy because the scottish are not true footballers. They are a funny and make good potatoes fried, but football? no.

The award is a good. Maybe when a people see it, they will think that they a should come to Toronto. It a could a be a good place for them. But we a need Italian coach, Italian players. They know how to win. They know the beautiful football.

Mo make too many of the lies. I a remember one a time when I work for flour maker and we have a deliveries all the time. One of a my friends he always lie, he say he work 6 hours when a he only work 5. He say a this and that. One a day he not a say nothing because he was a punch in the mouth. His face look like a grape in the sun. It a was a gross. Lie is for the men who sleep with the fish. Capice?

flatpicker
03-11-2010, 04:13 PM
^ who are you, and how did you get so awesome?

That was a really good read... thanks.

McBrace
03-11-2010, 04:15 PM
It a has for the longa time since I a have a post on a your internet board.

But I can a nolonger stand a for what I see a with this place. Lose the Mr. Robinson is a great a thing for us. He and the other Englanders they a play stupad style. They do a not play the beautiful way.

If a mo go a too I also will be a happy because the scottish are not true footballers. They are a funny and make good potatoes fried, but football? no.

The award is a good. Maybe when a people see it, they will think that they a should come to Toronto. It a could a be a good place for them. But we a need Italian coach, Italian players. They know how to win. They know the beautiful football.

Mo make too many of the lies. I a remember one a time when I work for flour maker and we have a deliveries all the time. One of a my friends he always lie, he say he work 6 hours when a he only work 5. He say a this and that. One a day he not a say nothing because he was a punch in the mouth. His face look like a grape in the sun. It a was a gross. Lie is for the men who sleep with the fish. Capice?

Hmmmmm.

ManUtd4ever
03-11-2010, 04:17 PM
^ who are you, and how did you get so awesome?

That was a really good read... thanks.

Lol, it's Furio from Sopranos...

nobodybeatsthewiz
03-11-2010, 04:21 PM
hahahaha, he and tim90 should collaborate on a podcast, or at least a blog.

Mikey
03-11-2010, 04:22 PM
What does the trophy look like????

Is it a Golden dildo?

flatpicker
03-11-2010, 04:40 PM
What does the trophy look like????

Is it a Golden dildo?

Could this be it?

http://synamatiq.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/sylvie-fleurys-gold-plated-trash-can_xcdks_52.jpg

bgnewf
03-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Posted this over on U sector.... Thought I would share it:

There are a lot of hardcore TFC fans out there that criticize how the club is run and question certain decisions that are made. They are still fans. If they did not care in their own way they would not waste their time with the club. They would just leave. Most are still here.

I post from time to time over on RPB and NEE and I can tell you that the level of criticism of the club over there is far stronger than on this board. They are still fans, even if you disagree with their points of view and approach to how they support their club. They still pay for their tickets. They still sing and chant and yell. They still go on the road. Different is not necessarily any less valid.

This "shut up and support your club" stance from some is another point of view and if that is how individuals want to support their club then good on them. I am not saying that that approach is wrong or any less valid than any other approach. But I personally think that "support" should not be blind support. You can still support the troops, so to speak, and be against the war at the same time. Both points of view are not mutually exclusive for all. They are for some, but not all.

The thing I love about U Sector most of all is that we are a group that is not "ideological" so to speak. We are supporters. We are all different. And we all have the choice to support the team in our own way. We choose to do it together and we don't sweat the relatively small differences we have. RPB does their thing, NEE does theirs, TRN does their thing and we do ours. I would hope that as we all continue in this journey of supporting our club that we continue to remember that the more ideological we become the more fun we suck out of being supporters in the first place.

Beach_Red
03-12-2010, 10:07 AM
^ If there was a "shut up and support your club," stance here it's long gone.

All we're arguing about now is what's the most effective criticism to get this ship turned around.

Your satire is good, but I think the list of names at the top of it is very revealing. It stops with an employee, effectively a middle-management guy. That's aiming too low. All f those people can be replaced and it could make absolutely no difference how the team is run.

There's nothing new at TFC, we've seen this level of management in this city for years. What we need is someone at the top to take responsibility.

How can we force that?

mlsintoronto
03-12-2010, 10:14 AM
effectively a middle-management guy.

oh that's rich. everyone know's I used to be upper middle-management. Now I'm SENIOR upper middle-management.

do you really want to hurt me?

bgnewf
03-12-2010, 10:16 AM
oh that's rich. everyone know's I used to be upper middle-management. Now I'm SENIOR upper middle-management.

You're just like Homer Simpson..... "upper lower middle class"

TFC/ARSENAL
03-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Major award?

http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/2006/12/leg-lamp.jpg

Now that's a major award!! Just don't shoot your eye out.

Beach_Red

Masters of distraction, as long as we never talk about the actual management of the corp, right?....

(now I've got a freakin' Boy George song stuck in my head, and I will blame you for that!!! ;))

Gixmo

North American Plate,Northern Frontier, Western Hemisphere, All-Weather, frozen tundra, Senior, Upper, Middle Mgmt man!

Fit that on a business card!

Pistachio Disguisey : lol

Let's all play fair here!
:scarf:

mlsintoronto
03-12-2010, 10:25 AM
(now I've got a freakin' Boy George song stuck in my head, and I will blame you for that!!! ;))

you're welcome.

Beach_Red
03-12-2010, 10:27 AM
you're welcome.

You play dirty ;).

TFC OZZ
03-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Haha. You totally had me going for a second.

SteeltownBhoy
03-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Could someone post a picture of a Golden Steaming Turd, a very appropriate reward for this prestigious title.

In just 4 years, outstanding work ML$E!!!!!

DichioTFC
03-12-2010, 12:29 PM
hahahaha, he and tim90 should collaborate on a podcast, or at least a blog.

LOLLL you deserve an award too!!

:drinking: congratulations!

koryo
03-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Nicely done newf.

Huyton
03-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Oh no....not Culture Club...please...not that.

It seems, however, that mlsintoronto just may be a Talking Heads fan, working hard to make sure that, at the end of the season we're into the playoffs and not singing

Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...
Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...
Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...