PDA

View Full Version : Manchester City to buy MLS franchise??

Canadian Blue
03-11-2010, 01:12 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6004081,00.html (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6004081,00.html)

TFC Cityboy
03-11-2010, 01:30 PM
saw that last week. Before any of our younietid "friends" honour us with a witty comment I'd like to say that this would be a good idea ina few years, but let's not get distracted from the priority of cracking the top 4 and winning a pot before I shuffle off this mortal coil.
Besides, I'd hate to sing/cheer against a club owned by the Blues
:)

billyfly
03-11-2010, 01:32 PM
saw that last week. Before any of our younietid "friends" honour us with a witty comment I'd like to say that this would be a good idea ina few years, but let's not get distracted from the priority of cracking the top 4 and winning a pot before I shuffle off this mortal coil.
Besides, I'd hate to sing/cheer against a club owned by the Blues
:)

This is being discussed in the news of the 11th section. I made the comment that if a polarizing club such as Pool or United were to buy into TFC, watch the uneasy peace disappear.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-11-2010, 03:26 PM
itd be a monstrous mistake and garber is foolish to have done so, itd be fine if it was just the owners but actual clubs = NAGL

jaahuuu
03-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Maybe they'll just buy the New Hampshire Phantoms of the PDL, and rename them Manchester City.

Detroit_TFC
03-11-2010, 04:20 PM
I know of an 80,000 seat stadium in metro Detroit they can use. :)

Keystone FC
03-11-2010, 04:23 PM
I would love to see Man City buy the Wizards and change their name to the Blues or Sky Blues. It just fits.

I would find it ironic if they bought the Revs and built them a SSS in Boston but change the name of the club to the Boston Loyalists or Red Coats.
Or the Boston Blues...again it just fits.

Another ironic moment could be if City buys United...DC United and builds them a SSS and changes their name to DC City cause we all know that United and City can't get along.

Keystone FC
03-11-2010, 04:26 PM
I know of an 80,000 seat stadium in metro Detroit they can use. :)

Hmmmm....Detroit Rock City!
iZq3i94mSsQ

TFC Cityboy
03-11-2010, 04:27 PM
I would love to see Man City buy the Wizards and change their name to the Blues or Sky Blues. It just fits.

I would find it ironic if they bought the Revs and built them a SSS in Boston but change the name of the club to the Boston Loyalists or Red Coats.
Or the Boston Blues...again it just fits.

Another ironic moment could be if City buys United...DC United and builds them a SSS and changes their name to DC City cause we all know that United and City can't get along.
yeah I like that idea!!
I reckon it'd be Portland as our loud-mouth idiot of a Chief Exec has business ties from his time at Nike in Portland....

Shway
03-12-2010, 08:13 AM
Or they buy a team in New York City
that would be perfect New York City Football Club

its what MLS would need, alot of marketting would go into the teams, and the area, new york would be flooded with soccer,

bringing back the cosmo days

Don Julio
03-12-2010, 10:39 AM
No. I am not comfortable with this unless it is TFC. And even then I am uncomfortable. It's hard enough dealing with the red/blue summer/winter divide as is.

Stouffville_RPB
03-12-2010, 01:29 PM

Isn't this already the name of a WPS franchise? A crappy one at that. Blue Sky FC or something? Just a bad name.

Detroit_TFC
03-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Sheikh Mansour should just buy the whole league. That's single entity, baby!

DavydMT
03-12-2010, 01:44 PM
i really don't like this idea. what will happened if man city plays its mls team in a fifa world club cup or some other meaningful competition. once major european teams start buying mls team, mls will become a mickey mouse league forever, a second tear.

Keystone FC
03-13-2010, 03:32 AM
Isn't this already the name of a WPS franchise? A crappy one at that. Blue Sky FC or something? Just a bad name.
You are correct! Sky Blue FC (New Jersey):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Blue_FC

TFC Cityboy
03-13-2010, 10:21 AM
No. I am not comfortable with this unless it is TFC. And even then I am uncomfortable. It's hard enough dealing with the red/blue summer/winter divide as is.
I'll second that! I never had an item of red clothing til TFC came along!