PDA

View Full Version : Friendly match ends 0-0 yesterday

Big Bruva
03-10-2010, 03:37 PM
So TFC played against Vaughn Shooters and a lot of my boys played, the score ended 0-0 and im finding out now that one of my boys got called up lol

I really what see what this season holds.

reggie
03-10-2010, 03:45 PM
is he a CB? lol

Ossington Mental Youth
03-10-2010, 03:54 PM
know the line up?

Super
03-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Should we be worried that we can't beat a CSL team? Or at least score a single goal?

Will be interesting to see how we do on Saturday against Charleston.

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-10-2010, 04:16 PM
TFC has lost to and drawn CSL team in practise games before, they've also thumped them, so I wouldn't read too much into it, particularly without a lineup.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-10-2010, 04:19 PM
TFC has lost to and drawn CSL team in practise games before, they've also thumped them, so I wouldn't read too much into it, particularly without a lineup.

and it being preseason

TFC07
03-10-2010, 04:20 PM
But I thought CSL sucks and can't hold their own against TFC.

TFC07
03-10-2010, 04:21 PM
and it being preseason

Yeah for both teams. :facepalm:

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-10-2010, 04:23 PM

A much debated topic. There's probably some players in the CSL who could play in the MLS. I assume TFC put out a B side, including some the player trailing / training with the team.

Carts
03-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Off-Season, Pre-Season, Mid-Season, Post-Season - TFC "should" be defeating a CSL squad...

A 0-0 draw in the Pre-Season against the USL, sure I can take that as there doesn't seem to be a huge drop between a team like TFC & teams in the USL...

But the USL...? That's like the Leafs (as bad as they are) tying or losing to the Oshawa Generals... Sure the AHL guys could give them a match - but surely the OHL or one of the minor pro leagues like the SPHL shouldn't...

Hopefully it was an "off-day", but all signs point to it being the norm... :(

Carts...

TFC07
03-10-2010, 04:25 PM
A much debated topic. There's probably some players in the CSL who could play in the MLS. I assume TFC put out a B side, including some the player trailing / training with the team.

I hope you're right!

Ossington Mental Youth
03-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Yeah for both teams. :facepalm:

OHMYGODFIREPREKIFIRETHETEAM

TFC07
03-10-2010, 04:29 PM
OHMYGODFIREPREKIFIRETHETEAM

:rolleyes:

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Too bad the ministry of disinformation, also known as the official Toronto Fc website, does have any info. on this.

Oldtimer
03-10-2010, 04:33 PM
and it being preseason

Real Madrid played TFC in their pre-season.

Super
03-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Real Madrid played TFC in their pre-season.

And showed the difference in strength between the two leagues. Trust me, their fans would've been absolutely livid had they drawn us. But sure, the difference between Real Madrid and TFC (even when we're in the thick of our season) may be a lot greater than the difference between the MLS and the CSL. However, we should've at the very least won the game.

Columbus coming up in just a few weeks. Thankfully we have 3 friendlies in Carolina to fix our scoring problems - if at all possible.

Broadview
03-10-2010, 04:41 PM
... and im finding out now that one of my boys got called up lol

I really what see what this season holds.

Now Bruv, a responsible poster would add this information here:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=19833&page=12

The proper info in the proper thread ;)

Ossington Mental Youth
03-10-2010, 04:42 PM
i honestly thought the real comment was sarcastic.
im not going to bother to explain why

rocker
03-10-2010, 04:52 PM
i honestly thought the real comment was sarcastic.
im not going to bother to explain why

for a second I thought you were Duane Rollins after his preki blog today ;)

Detroit_TFC
03-10-2010, 04:54 PM
everythingisok everythingisok everythingisok

(rocking back and forth in the corner in a ball)

Carts
03-10-2010, 04:56 PM
everythingisok everythingisok everythingisok

(rocking back and forth in the corner in a ball)

....serenity now....

INSANITY LATER!!!!

Ossington Mental Youth
03-10-2010, 05:01 PM
for a second I thought you were Duane Rollins after his preki blog today ;)

HAHA we are often confused as being one in the same ;)

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-10-2010, 05:07 PM
TFC should play the CSL champions in a charity game at BMO every year, a charity shield type thing. I would be very interested to see how it would play out.

Super
03-10-2010, 05:10 PM
TFC should play the CSL champions in a charity game at BMO every year, a charity shield type thing. I would be very interested to see how it would play out.

0-0 :picard:

Boschmeister
03-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Did anyone watch this game? Lots of panic buttons being pressed but I have yet to see any info about who played for TFC and how they played.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Lots of panic buttons being pressed

as per usual

rocker
03-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Did anyone watch this game? Lots of panic buttons being pressed but I have yet to see any info about who played for TFC and how they played.

no.. in soccer the score is all the matters. the final score explains the match perfectly ;) ;)

TFC07
03-10-2010, 05:21 PM

Let's hope our FO can provide info on this friendly match.

TFCRegina
03-10-2010, 05:27 PM
0-0 :picard:
+1 haha

Keegan
03-10-2010, 05:34 PM

CSL doesn't suck at all... the league gets stronger and stronger each year. The top scorer from the league is tearing it up with Montreal in preseason in Portugal... 3 or 4 CSL players were even called to Canada's u23 camp

You are going to see a lot of names pop up out of the CSL in years to come.

Edit: put it this way one of the kids in the U23 camp.. jarek whiteman left TFC academy to play for North York Astro RESERVES before breaking into their first team there are good teams there

TFC07
03-10-2010, 05:37 PM
CSL doesn't suck at all... the league gets stronger and stronger each year. The top scorer from the league is tearing it up with Montreal in preseason in Portugal... 3 or 4 CSL players were even called to Canada's u23 camp

Edit: put it this way one of the kids in the U23 camp.. jarek whiteman left TFC academy to play for North York Astro RESERVES before breaking into their first team there are good teams there

In that case, let's hope TFC sign few of those CSL players.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-10-2010, 05:41 PM
im sure with an academy team in there they are always looking

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-10-2010, 05:48 PM

How old is Whiteman? I thought he left the TFC academy program because he was too old to play with the U20 team any longer. The first season of the academy setup sort of had lost generation, a number of player on U20 team only played one season due to age restrictions then left the team. Since you have to be in the system two years before TFC could sign anyone, they were kind of SOL.

Super
03-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Saturday is going to be a big game. De Guzman said today that even though the Charleston games are only friendlies (even though it's a real tournament) it's important that we work on our winning mentality. I couldn't agree more. Coming out of Charleston with wins, goals and clean sheets will lift the team and that's what we need to do, starting this Saturday. Can't wait! Pre-season has been odd so far and no doubt we have reason to be concerned. But if we do well in Charleston I'll feel a whole lot better when we face Columbus. Fingers crossed!

TOBOR !
03-10-2010, 08:56 PM
pics ?

prizby
03-10-2010, 09:31 PM
position of the guy called up?

MUFC_Niagara
03-10-2010, 10:38 PM
0-0...lol...lovely.

Dirk Diggler
03-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Whatever. Nothing surprises or disappoints me about tfc anymore. They could lose to a high school football team during our midseason with our entire starting lineup on the pitch and I would not be surprised.

Big Bruva
03-11-2010, 02:02 AM
position of the guy called up?

He played CM against TFC and but has been playing on the right wing for my team for the last couple seasons.

He trained with the team today and will do so again 2moro.

Adrian Cann (peaches) is a CB and they want him so if he has not signed already its just a matter of them coming to an agreement.

TFC have no players so ive been told from a few people so im not too sure whats happening there.