Velez-------------Boyens----------------Marshall---------------Pozniak
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Rosenlund--------DeRosario--------------DeGuzman-------------Brennan
Melo---------------Nunez----------------Hemming-------------Canizalez
-------------------------------------------------------------------Gala
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------Gerba------------------White------------------------
-----------------Lombardo---------------Ibrahim-----------------------

IMO, I wish we never had complained about not having enough talent to choose from in Canada. Obviously we'd be better off without it.

EDIT:

It's a question about having too many international spots just for the sake of having them. U.S. clubs are no doubt going to complain about the unfairness that TFC or Vancouver will have in the future if the 2 teams succeed in the playoffs or become champions. I think we all remember the CFL Grey Cup going to Baltimore and the epic fail that was expanding to the U.S.

Darlofletch
03-10-2010, 12:28 PM
I have absolutely no idea what argument you're trying to make or what debate you're trying to start with this post.

Are you complaining about not enough Canadian talent? Or complaining about people who complain about not enough canadian talent?

rocker
03-10-2010, 12:31 PM
ya.. huh?

[NBF]
03-10-2010, 12:34 PM
It's a question about having too many international spots just for the sake of having them. U.S. clubs are no doubt going to complain about the unfairness that TFC or Vancouver will have in the future if the 2 teams succeed in the playoffs or become champions. I think we all remember the CFL Grey Cup going to Baltimore and the epic fail that was expanding to the U.S.

TFC07
03-10-2010, 12:58 PM
To be honest with you, starting TFC Canadian looks better than TFC 2010 roster on paper. It's sad that TFC Canadian lacks depth. But the good thing is that we can trade couple of players for Canadian players in MLS and maybe pick up (loan deal?) some Canadian players from USL to add depth to the team.

Fort York Redcoat
03-10-2010, 01:08 PM
This thread makes no sense to me. It seems to be another test of Patriotism vs Team Quality.

So the FP doesn't want to use Canadian talent, doesn't want as many international spots because this is all gonna end up like the CFL American expansion.

MUFC_Niagara
03-10-2010, 02:13 PM
this guy loves his polls!

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-10-2010, 02:22 PM
I'd like to see Nunez back, always thought he had promise.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-10-2010, 02:26 PM
confused on this one......

but Hemmings a guy i very muched liked.....he was playing well before we shit on him!

Brooker
03-10-2010, 04:52 PM
why do people keep calling Harden, Hayden?

ag futbol
03-10-2010, 05:44 PM
I think this is all just hypothetical. Obviously the regular TFC lineup is stronger than the +5.

Now if you could replace names like: Lombardo, Nunez, Canizalez with names like: Ornoch, Bernier, and Will Johnson it starts to look a lot better. Practical? maybe, maybe not, but if there's two things i'd take out of the above analysis it's that

1) Brian Edwards is a decent keeper but a complete waste of an international /US roster spot. Turning the backup role over to a Sutton, Stamatopoulos, or Monsalve makes huge sense. Keep Frei as the starter.
2) Find the next Will Johnson (ie.. guy not getting enough PT in europe who will benefit from coming to MLS). In my opinion that guy is Ornoch. (Jakovic another good example)

deschamp86
03-10-2010, 08:55 PM
I think the TFC lineup that we currently have is stronger. I do however believe that the depth would be stronger if we had kept some of those players.

Guys like Harmse, Hemming and Rosenlund would be perfectly capable of coming off the bench but they are not starters.

I don't understand how we have so many internationals sitting on the bench when we could easily have Canadians there training with the team and getting better.

BTW if we do sign Cann he will be nothing but a depth player and won't be a major upgrade over a guy like Braz or Reda.