PDA

View Full Version : Would you take Kevin Harmse back?

TFC The Hague
03-10-2010, 06:14 AM
He's just been released by the Houston Canucks. Would you deal for him if you were Preki?

Broadview
03-10-2010, 06:51 AM
If his girlfriend lets him, sure.

Redpunkfiddle
03-10-2010, 07:13 AM
We just let a surplus DM go. Why would he ever bring another one in, especially a lesser talent?

Cue the 'not this shit again' image....

But yes, his girlfriend was hot.

Broadview
03-10-2010, 07:30 AM
I wouldn't give anything for him, but:

Preki knows him, he counts as Canadian, he's sort of versatile (a little below average at a couple positions), he doesn't make a ton of dough and he's from Vancouver so he could probably be flipped over there next season for a pick or allocation or whatever.

Of course that's putting aside the fact that he asked to leave here before bouncing around MLS.

canadian_bhoy
03-10-2010, 07:39 AM
No. /thread.

Shway
03-10-2010, 07:52 AM
^second that
you want to leave this club,
you have no rights to come back

Oldtimer
03-10-2010, 08:49 AM
It was his g/f who made him leave. I don't think he disliked the club at all.

If she's no longer in the picture, I'd take him back.

Broadview
03-10-2010, 08:57 AM
It was his g/f who made him leave. I don't think he disliked the club at all.

If she's no longer in the picture, I'd take him back.

Well if she's not in the picture then it's an ugly picture and I don't want him.

bgnewf
03-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Reasonably priced relatively versatile Canadians are at a premium in this league. Sign him up please.

woolly
03-10-2010, 09:19 AM
I'd take Poz over Harmse in a heartbeat. Sadly, I'd take Harmse over Garcia in the same heartbeat.

How sad is that?

maninb
03-10-2010, 09:37 AM
No chance...a below average, slow hacker...doesn't matter if he's a Canuck or not...HE SUCKS!!!

Oldtimer
03-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Poz was certainly under-rated in terms of his usefulness for an MLS side. I'd take him back, for sure. He's not available yet, though.

TFC OZZ
03-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Too much hatred for the player around these parts. At the end of the day, he's a relatively cheap experienced Canadian and a half-decent player, so yeah i'd consider the deal. Would I take Harmse over Pozniak? Absolutely.

You gotta talk about skill relatively here folks, Harmse can probably compete with any player on our back line or mid at this moment, because none of them are superstars either. He got a couple red cards, and he's a rough player but you know what, sometimes you need a guy who'll go out and let an opposing player know he's there.

TFCRegina
03-10-2010, 09:54 AM
I'd take Harmse back in a second. I'd especially take him back if it was at a significantly lower salary than what we were paying Robinson. I can't see Harmse making more than 100k a year and he would make a good bench player to use in a pinch. People who are against him because we just let Robbo go aren't thinking rationally. Robbo cost over 3 times what Harmse is worth, and Robbo is not 3 times the player of Harmse.

felipe
03-10-2010, 10:23 AM
I'd love to get Harmse back too...in my eyes he was showing some real improvement just before he left - of course he's barely played since - but I like him. Gotta have a hatchet man, now that Serioux has gone...

DangerRed
03-10-2010, 10:31 AM
No Harmse, no Garcia.

MartinUtd
03-10-2010, 10:37 AM
He's no better than Sanyang so it really would be a horizontal if not downward move.

rocker
03-10-2010, 10:39 AM
no, harmse just wasn't good enough. we already saw that... no reason to test him out again.

now, I would take his girlfriend back.....

TFC Tifoso
03-10-2010, 10:40 AM
we're short at CB.....should we take Reda back too?.....

fetajr
03-10-2010, 10:48 AM
NO!! HE SUCKS

31g0YE61PLQ

reggie
03-10-2010, 10:52 AM
yes...if he plays for free..we have no cap room.

Blizzard
03-10-2010, 10:54 AM
I'd love to get Harmse back too...in my eyes he was showing some real improvement just before he left - of course he's barely played since - but I like him. Gotta have a hatchet man, now that Serioux has gone...

I'm wondering if Houston may have dropped Harmse in order to make room for a possible pick up of Serioux.

It would make sense and would benefit TFC as they would then owe us compensation.

Nuvinho
03-10-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm wondering if Houston may have dropped Harmse in order to make room for a possible pick up of Serioux.

It would make sense and would benefit TFC as they would then owe us compensation.

3rd round pick we are hearing for Serioux

DichioTFC
03-10-2010, 11:08 AM
No Harmse. Yes Serioux.

A 3rd round pick is a future trialist for a different team. It wont amount to anything.

Darlofletch
03-10-2010, 11:18 AM
He's better than the literally nothing we currently have filling out our roster. Haven't we always complained about not having a full squad? Depending on the price obviously, and if he wanted to which i doubt, i'd definitely take him back.

rocker
03-10-2010, 11:25 AM
He's better than the literally nothing we currently have filling out our roster. Haven't we always complained about not having a full squad? Depending on the price obviously, and if he wanted to which i doubt, i'd definitely take him back.

that's what trialists are for.

Blizzard
03-10-2010, 11:30 AM

Ah, missed that. Damned work / pay cheque. :D

Pachuco
03-10-2010, 01:00 PM
No Harmse, No Poz, please let's move on with some real talent and some real depth.

TFC07
03-10-2010, 01:01 PM
No Harmse, No Poz, please let's move on with some real talent and some real depth.

I think we don't have the money to add real talent to our team. :facepalm:

Pigfynn
03-10-2010, 01:07 PM
The fact that we are even asking this question is exactly what's wrong with this team. Harmse? Oh dear.

TFC Tifoso
03-10-2010, 01:10 PM
The fact that we are even asking this question is exactly what's wrong with this team. Harmse? Oh dear.

exactly.....

Redpunkfiddle
03-10-2010, 01:16 PM
I'd take Harmse back in a second. I'd especially take him back if it was at a significantly lower salary than what we were paying Robinson. I can't see Harmse making more than 100k a year and he would make a good bench player to use in a pinch. People who are against him because we just let Robbo go aren't thinking rationally. Robbo cost over 3 times what Harmse is worth, and Robbo is not 3 times the player of Harmse.

Rationally, we dropped Carl because we have DeGuzman, Cronin and Sanyang. We have the well priced depth here already.

Fushida
03-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Do I miss his dazzling runs up the field? His constant pressuring of opponents? His intelligent passes? His excellent movement into space?

Oh wait, we were talking about Harmse? Scratch all that out and we're left with what he had shown while here. Nothing. Cheap or not, I'd rather have the open roster spot for those future stars Mo's gonna be reeling in ;)

TFC Tifoso
03-10-2010, 01:19 PM

No, I am against him because he is not good......a player like him is not what TFC should be aiming for if they are looking to make progress....

Fushida
03-10-2010, 01:21 PM
No, I am against him because he is not good......a player like him is not what TFC should be aiming for if they are looking to make progress....

Not good is giving him too much credit. He was consistently the worst player on the pitch back when he was playing. Kind of just an emptiness in the midfield.

rocker
03-10-2010, 01:31 PM
he was like an enforcer in hockey.. not a lot of talent but if somebody took liberties with a teammate he was ready to rumble.

Fushida
03-10-2010, 01:35 PM
he was like an enforcer in hockey.. not a lot of talent but if somebody took liberties with a teammate he was ready to rumble.

I saw that when he was in LAG, but never when he was here. Never saw any real emotion in all those blown calls against us. Most of the time he just jogged around, looking disinterested. Gets the ball occasionally, then passes it right off to continue his jogging. To be honest, in his last few games with us he showed a spark of sorts, and played quite well to our standards. But in most games he was just invisible and looked bored. And frankly, laziness and a lack of concentration are the worst traits you want in a soccer player.

King Tut
03-11-2010, 03:35 AM
Would you take Kevin Harmse back?

No...