PDA

View Full Version : Leafs freeze ticket prices for next season. A precedent for TFC!

bgnewf
03-09-2010, 07:14 PM
From the Toronto Sun

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2010/03/09/13169486-torsun.html

There has been no rise in the Maple Leafs’ dismal playoff position from last year, but neither will there be a ticket price increase for 2010-11.

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment Ltd. will inform subscribers later this week that it’s holding the line on the cost of seeing the 29th-place team after a 3.5% rise across the board last season.

A corporate precedent to hold Toronto FC to.

If god forbid we suck again this season and miss the playoffs I say that we all call our respective account managers and demand the same sort of treatment that Leaf fans are apparently being given.

Repeat after me everybody.

NO PLAYOFFS - NO TICKET INCREASE !!!!

Super
03-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Maybe even lower the price for pain and suffering?

flatpicker
03-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Freeze ticket prices, and throw in a free Dichio bobble-head as well!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/brushstroke-man/dichio-bobble.gif

werewolf
03-09-2010, 08:05 PM
there shouldn't have been an increase the first three times (as it pertains to us)...

Raging Reggie
03-09-2010, 08:07 PM
there shouldn't have been an increase the first three times (as it pertains to us)...

I agree. Raising ticket prices every year is bullshit.

werewolf
03-09-2010, 08:10 PM
I agree. Raising ticket prices every year is bullshit.

the idea of raising ticket prices itself isn't BS, its raising ticket prices for a last place team. With TFC and with the Leafs before, the ticket prices are already the most expensive in the league, and then the front office tries to do you a favour by not raising them any further...

ah well, I am sure we will have plenty of wannabe economists come and explain to us why that is.

Raging Reggie
03-09-2010, 08:15 PM
http://www.worldwideshoppingmall.co.uk/toys/images/products/074985183X.gif

werewolf
03-09-2010, 08:17 PM
^ that authors last name is "Hargreaves".....LMAO

anyways, not to go on a tangent.

but we shouldn't be confused by corporations trying to position themselves like they are doing something noble. Not raising ticket prices for missing the playoffs should be the norm.

CretanBull
03-09-2010, 08:22 PM
The Leafs aren't freezing prices because they're not going to make the play-offs, they're doing it because for the first time in a long time they're not selling out every game. If TFC are still selling out (virtually guaranteed because of the 16,000 STH) they're still going to raise prices, play-offs or no play-offs.

Wagner
03-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Team is performing poorly.
Tix are actually available (that new "last minute club").
People are getting a little fed up.
Demographics are shifting away from the leafs.
now's not the time to squeeze a jaded fanbase.

Beach_Red
03-09-2010, 08:42 PM

No, but because they really had no idea what the demand for tickets would be they had no idea where to set the price. Any idea what's going on with those waiting lists and renewals? That, more than where the team finishes in the standings, will determine the price.

AL-MO
03-09-2010, 08:44 PM
The comments underneath the article are pretty funny.

Harold:
If you have to low a price for a seat, then you get a lot of idiots in the building you may not want in there.

:lol:

CretanBull
03-09-2010, 10:19 PM
The "idiots" that that guy are refering to are called "fans" in other buildings. He's probably worried that someone cheering too loudly will distract him from reading his blackberry messages.

Roogsy
03-09-2010, 10:35 PM

QFFT...

JDG
03-09-2010, 11:35 PM
No, but because they really had no idea what the demand for tickets would be they had no idea where to set the price. Any idea what's going on with those waiting lists and renewals? That, more than where the team finishes in the standings, will determine the price.

My Roommate was on the waiting list from year 1. He bought half seasons in year two, a ransom pack in year 3, and was offered Medium Greys in the Upper Deck this year and he took them.

menefreghista
03-10-2010, 09:37 AM
The Leafs aren't freezing prices because they're not going to make the play-offs, they're doing it because for the first time in a long time they're not selling out every game. If TFC are still selling out (virtually guaranteed because of the 16,000 STH) they're still going to raise prices, play-offs or no play-offs.

You are correct.

Considering the rate at which TFC season tickets were renewed last year, I will be shocked if we don't see another increase for the next season.

The Leafs are having troubles selling out their corporate boxes and tickets are always available last minute for the shit teams (Carolina, Tampa, etc.). If anything, the Leafs should probably be slightly lowering their prices.

Mark in Ottawa
03-10-2010, 09:41 AM
^^ Bingo!
Simple supply and demand.