PDA

View Full Version : Oh, those desperate Crew

TFC Via Buffalo
05-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Since going to the game in Columbus this year, I have received a bunch of phone calls from their ticket reps. I'm normally at work and miss the calls. I just got another voice mail one today. I think it's because I bought the tickets through their site and my address isn't from Ontario so they don't think I'm a TFC fan. Their next home game will offer an all you can drink special. I may not drink anymore, but I do understand the ramifications of this. They have the best record in MLS right now and have to do this kind of promotion? Could you imagine something like this at BMO?

Just thought this could help further remind everyone on how God-like we really are compared to some of these other mutts. :cool:

trane
05-14-2008, 01:10 PM
On one hand I hate them, but on the other I feel bad for the players ( other then Hejduk) and team. Columbus just seams like a stupid place to put a soccer team.

werewolf
05-14-2008, 01:12 PM
how much is this all-you-can-drink promotion? Some baseball teams have an eating version of it, but drinking is taking a huge liability risk

TFC Via Buffalo
05-14-2008, 01:15 PM
how much is this all-you-can-drink promotion? Some baseball teams have an eating version of it, but drinking is taking a huge liability risk

He didn't say. He wasn't exactly a fireball of energy either. He may be sick of calling me and my constant ignoring. I may call back and advise him of my support for a real team.

Lucky Strike
05-14-2008, 01:16 PM

For the Ottawa Lynx, we had a 25¢ hot dog day which was hugely popular and just made people fatter. 25¢ beer day would be chaos! Yikes! The TTC wouldn't stand a chance.

tfcleeds
05-14-2008, 01:19 PM
A $0.25 beer day, and my liver wouldn't stand a chance...

Technorgasm
05-14-2008, 03:17 PM
http://http://91.121.71.200/gifs/5709.gif

Gobi
05-14-2008, 03:21 PM
All-You-Can-Drink sounds like a major insurance and legal liability.
Not too smart down there, are they? SMRT!

MrHawk
05-14-2008, 03:21 PM
.25 cent beer day = 4oz-6oz cups.

Unless they plan to suck the city dry with beer in a 2 hour period.

jloome
05-14-2008, 04:11 PM
New Crew slogan:

Columbus Crew: You'd have to be drunk.

Lucky Strike
05-14-2008, 04:12 PM
We all know Crew fans are useless/a joke/often non-existant. Pretty straightforward, no? :)

TFC John
05-14-2008, 04:36 PM
At BMO Field, an all you can drink promotion would not be a question of how much you can consume; it would be a challenge to actually get through the line-ups to buy the beer. So all you can drink would probably turn out to be 4-5 beers.

footyfan
05-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Since going to the game in Columbus this year, I have received a bunch of phone calls from their ticket reps. I'm normally at work and miss the calls. I just got another voice mail one today. I think it's because I bought the tickets through their site and my address isn't from Ontario so they don't think I'm a TFC fan. Their next home game will offer an all you can drink special. I may not drink anymore, but I do understand the ramifications of this. They have the best record in MLS right now and have to do this kind of promotion? Could you imagine something like this at BMO?

It's Ohio. They want to get a more rowdy, young crowd of drinkers at games. Like it or not you guys showed their front office that their soccer-mom focus was wrong and they need more drunkereds.

Just thought this could help further remind everyone on how God-like we really are compared to some of these other mutts. :cool:

And here there was a Canadian Space Agency orbiting telescope called the "Humble Space Telescope" (http://canadaonline.about.com/cs/canadaspace/a/humbletelescope.htm)....those were the days.

graeme117
05-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Road TRIP!!!!... oh wait... columbus?... gross

Bdking2
05-14-2008, 06:15 PM
BMO would run out of beer before it got too crazy. We were having a hard time finding any beer for the season opener part way into the second half. All-you-can-drink would just mean that they would run out of beer faster.

Chevy
05-14-2008, 06:56 PM
At BMO Field, an all you can drink promotion would not be a question of how much you can consume; it would be a challenge to actually get through the line-ups to buy the beer. So all you can drink would probably turn out to be 4-5 beers.

This is so true. You would have to hit the bars after just to get a buzz going.:)

noochie
05-14-2008, 07:25 PM
All-You-Can-Drink sounds like a major insurance and legal liability.
Not too smart down there, are they? SMRT!

Security to fans is 1 to 1. They will be fine :)

TFC Via Buffalo
05-14-2008, 07:48 PM
It's Ohio. They want to get a more rowdy, young crowd of drinkers at games. Like it or not you guys showed their front office that their soccer-mom focus was wrong and they need more drunkereds.

And here there was a Canadian Space Agency orbiting telescope called the "Humble Space Telescope" (http://canadaonline.about.com/cs/canadaspace/a/humbletelescope.htm)....those were the days.

I'm the "Ignorant American" portion of the TFC fan base. I'm just doing my part. :D

Corpand
05-14-2008, 09:15 PM
We all know Crew fans are useless/a joke/often non-existant. Pretty straightforward, no? :)

Hear Hear. Well, soooooooooooooooooooooome are ok I guess but majority rule wins here.

CretanBull
05-14-2008, 11:30 PM
. Like it or not you guys showed their front office that their soccer-mom focus was wrong and they need more drunkereds.

Issh thish guy shayin weesh got a -hickup- prob,prob,problem of sum kind?

stugautz
05-15-2008, 07:32 AM
It's American beer...isn't that equivalent to water directly from Lake Ontario?

TFC Via Buffalo
05-15-2008, 10:28 AM
It's American beer...isn't that equivalent to water directly from Lake Ontario?

I don't know what stupid Columbus drinks, but we import Labbatts and Molson here.

GabrielHurl
05-15-2008, 10:31 AM
I don't know what stupid Columbus drinks, but we import Labbatts and Molson here.

The Rapids are having a "Free Pint Night" tonight

http://www6.ticketingcentral.com/V2/Quantity.aspx?8CA848DE18D5E58

Toronto Gunner
05-15-2008, 11:18 AM
It's not uncommon for clubs in Europe to offer a free pint to the first x fans to come in, I know that Arsenal do this from time to time.

deeznutz
05-15-2008, 12:21 PM
my first post bitch!

footyfan
05-15-2008, 12:37 PM
It's not uncommon for clubs in Europe to offer a free pint to the first x fans to come in, I know that Arsenal do this from time to time.

And since the Rapids are a partner of Arsenal this all makes sense.