PDA

View Full Version : 2010 MLS Cup in TO?

Boondaddy
03-05-2010, 11:19 AM
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/fc23a8f9#/fc23a8f9/1

trane
03-05-2010, 11:22 AM
So as it is clear that they will not be taking Toronto to the Cup final any time soon, they decided to bring the cup to Toronto. NOT FUCKING THANKS. I want TFC in the cup not the cup in our stadium played by two enemy teams.

Boondaddy
03-05-2010, 11:25 AM
ooooo, Premier League quality pitch!

Whoop
03-05-2010, 11:28 AM
It was a matter of time.

I thought that one of the stipulations with Toronto joining the MLS was that it would host the MLS Cup.

olegunnar
03-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Page 18 is laugh out loud funny. An organization committed to winning? really?...an arsenal of new assests (like Ty Harden?)

Oh and FYI...this looks to be the PR materials for a bid...not anything official stating it's been awarded

drewski
03-05-2010, 11:29 AM
end of November in Toronto, that'll be fun.

I thought it was all but officially decided it would bein the new Red Bull stadium?

Phil
03-05-2010, 11:30 AM
This is the proposal.

MLS havent confirmed the location yet.

Stay tuned...

MTomas
03-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Damn this would be awsome to have it here, especially if TFC were in it.

Incentive for the team to do something this year?

Boondaddy
03-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Page 18 is laugh out loud funny. An organization committed to winning? really?...an arsenal of new assests (like Ty Harden?)

Oh and FYI...this looks to be the PR materials for a bid...not anything official stating it's been awarded

yeah, they had to go and mention "arsenal" in there....
:facepalm:

Redcoe15
03-05-2010, 11:49 AM
I sill think it will go to Red Bull Arena.

And besides, what happens if BMO Field does host MLS Cup 2010 and TFC miss the playoffs again? :willy_nilly:

olegunnar
03-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Damn this would be awsome to have it here, especially if TFC were in it.

Incentive for the team to do something this year?

I disagree

Who's going to volunteer to have Bill Archer sit his fat ass in their seat?
Who's going to be happy hearing Columbass supporters chant This is our House at BMO?
How about Fire, Fire Fire Fire...non stop all game.

It was bad enough watching Adam Braz dance around OUR field when the Impact won the NCC at BMO...can you imagine how worse it would be with another team AND Thousands of visiting supporters, celebrating in OUR house?

All while we're siting at home wondering how much allocation we'll get for missing the playoffs again and looking forward to "next year", next year will be our year, maybe next year we'll sign a CB.

I think the MLS Cup game should be played at the stadium of the Supporters Shield winner. That team and its supporters would have earned the right to host the game.

jabbronies
03-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Anyone know who the 5th TFC supporter group is that they mention on page 22-23

JuliquE
03-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Some funny moments in there, but it was nice to see a collective of images which invoke our pride for the badge.

Much as I was against us getting the cup before we can compete for it in a neutral stadium, I would be lying if I said I were as optimistic about our upcoming season as I was then.

As someone's already mentioned, this would give us -- our players -- something to play for.. which, alas, I feel they might truly need.

It will most likely be rewarded to RBA, with this being a World Cup year and them wanting to put their best foot forward.. but here's holding out hope.

Tschuess.

Redcoe15
03-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Who's going to be happy hearing Columbass supporters chant This is our House at BMO?
Yeah, I can hear their dozen fans chant that at BMO Field. And besides, one would assume the majority of Columbus supporters wouldn't know their way around their own city, let alone find their way to Toronto. They'd more than likely end up in Toronto, Ohio sitting at some high school football field waiting for the match to start. :D

Section 117
03-05-2010, 12:10 PM
And besides, what happens if BMO Field does host MLS Cup 2010 and TFC miss the playoffs again? :willy_nilly:

I think I would vomit violently if this happens

:flare:

Boondaddy
03-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I can hear their dozen fans chant that at BMO Field. And besides, one would assume the majority of Columbus supporters wouldn't know their way around their own city, let alone find their way to Toronto. They'd more than likely end up in Toronto, Ohio sitting at some high school football field waiting for the match to start. :D

:smilielol5:

olegunnar
03-05-2010, 12:13 PM

If they can make it to LA like they did in 2008...then I think they can make the 7 hour drive to TO.

Redcoe15
03-05-2010, 12:27 PM
^^ oooooo...kay.

Wooster_TFC
03-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Best part of that bid booklet was the pictures of the new pitch. Looking pretty good for how early it is :)

brad
03-05-2010, 01:15 PM
end of November in Toronto, that'll be fun.

It is worth noting that the temperature in Toronto was actually warmer than the temperature in Seattle during this years final. But yes, TO represents much more of a risk as far as weather goes

I thought it was all but officially decided it would bein the new Red Bull stadium?

Won't surprise me, but weather plays as much of a factor at that time in New York.

MUFC_Niagara
03-05-2010, 02:20 PM
From what I am hearing from my sources Red Bull Arena will be the host.

trane
03-05-2010, 02:24 PM
^ If it is here, I am going to send a poison pen letter to CBSA, advising about credible reports of terrorist support among, the visiting teams supporters.

MUFC_Niagara
03-05-2010, 02:45 PM
^ If it is here, I am going to send a poison pen letter to CBSA, advising about credible reports of terrorist support among, the visiting teams supporters.

LOL. Thanks Trane.

Shakes McQueen
03-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Didn't they guarantee MLSE an MLS Cup game at BMO Field within five years of us entering the league?

- Scott

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Nyc 2010 Toronto 2011

Phil
03-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Didn't they guarantee MLSE an MLS Cup game at BMO Field within five years of us entering the league?

- Scott

A lot of stuff got renegotiated. Hopefully we will know soon what the plan is.

Section 117
03-05-2010, 03:46 PM
I really don't care where cup is, I just hope we have a season as it doesn't look good at the moment

ManUtd4ever
03-05-2010, 03:48 PM
I really don't care where cup is, I just hope we have a season as it doesn't look good at the moment

Word...

TFC Cityboy
03-05-2010, 04:03 PM
^^rare for me to agree with a united fan :)
, but, yes... agreed!

Cashcleaner
03-05-2010, 04:04 PM

Yeah, all those regular season games we've been playing pretty much speak for themselves. :facepalm:

Joe Kool
03-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Yeah, all those regular season games we've been playing pretty much speak for themselves. :facepalm:

Pretty sure he was referring to whether the CBA gets worked out and it doesn't look good that it will.

thisisinternetclash
03-05-2010, 05:46 PM
I'd imagine the league wants this in New York (and understandably so) this season and probably at the new stadium in Philly the next. If there was ever a formal agreement to have it in Toronto before a certain date I'm sure Garber will make amends with some allocation money or something and push that date back.

I'd love for this match to be played at either the ground of the higher-seeded team or the Shield winner, but I'm not sure if that's realistic or good for the league's image when teams are still playing in parks like Houston's or KC's. Imagine turning on ESPN to watch your one MLS match of the year and seeing eight thousand people scattered around a baseball stadium on some rickety bleachers.

James17930
03-05-2010, 09:50 PM
This is weird -- I could have sworn they had announced New York already as the host, but I guess those were just rumours.

Well, I think it definitely should come to us this year, and NY can get it next year.

Besides, it just makes sense. BMO has been around for a few years so the operations of it are well known.

Give NY a year to get all the kinks in the new stadium worked out before asking them to host a huge event like this.

Kevin
03-05-2010, 09:56 PM
...I think the MLS Cup game should be played at the stadium of the Supporters Shield winner. That team and its supporters would have earned the right to host the game.

B-I-N-G-O! Couldn't agree more.

Keystone FC
03-06-2010, 01:59 AM
I think the MLS Cup game should be played at the stadium of the Supporters Shield winner. That team and its supporters would have earned the right to host the game.

Garber had mentioned something along these lines after the MLS Cup in Seattle. The league was looking into having no more neutral sites for the Cup.
I think the problem with having the championship at the SS winner is that not all the clubs own their stadiums or they share it with another team from a different sport (The Revs, Houston, Wizards, Seattle come to mind and the Red Bulls did share Meadowlands). Plus, MLS doesn't have everything planned out for the Cup until half way into the seaon unlike the NFL who have the next 5 Super Bowls laid out as far as hosts.

Keystone FC
03-06-2010, 02:05 AM
If they can make it to LA like they did in 2008...then I think they can make the 7 hour drive to TO.

I would say that most, if not all, don't have the passports to gain entrance into Canada. You have to remember that most poeple in Ohio think Canada is the 51st state.:(

Cashcleaner
03-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Pretty sure he was referring to whether the CBA gets worked out and it doesn't look good that it will.

Ahh. Then yeah, that makes more sense. :D