PDA

View Full Version : Burton Albion beats Toronto to a player

Keegan
03-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Pretty funny hahaha

Adrian Cann on trial with Burton Albion
Pesch could be signing his first Canadian!

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/burtonma....asp?ID=485963

Peschisolido is still hoping to bring in defensive cover and currently has Canada international Adrian Cann and Bedworth United’s Danny Miley on trial.

The Brewers boss is undecided whether to offer terms to fellow countryman Cann despite persuading him to put off his return to Canada where he has a deal lined up with Toronto in Major League Soccer.

Peschisolido said: “I need to have a longer look at Adrian because, if I bring someone in, I want to make sure he's right for the club.”

Ossington Mental Youth
03-03-2010, 10:16 AM
there was an update on the footy blog saying that he wasnt coming to Canada, the title of this thread is a bit misleading

Keegan
03-03-2010, 10:29 AM
there was an update on the footy blog saying that he wasnt coming to Canada, the title of this thread is a bit misleading

"The Brewers boss is undecided whether to offer terms to fellow countryman Cann despite persuading him to put off his return to Canada where he has a deal lined up with Toronto in Major League Soccer."

I guess that explains why he isn't coming to Canada

Ossington Mental Youth
03-03-2010, 11:05 AM
yep i believe youre right

rocker
03-03-2010, 11:15 AM
I never saw much in Adrian Cann when he played for Vancouver. A big, lumbering guy without much skill.

Damien
03-03-2010, 11:30 AM
One man's trash is another man's gold.

rocker
03-03-2010, 12:32 PM
"Yellow-colored objects appear to be gold" -- Aristotle.

Keegan
03-03-2010, 02:42 PM
One man's trash is another man's gold.

Agreed, I'd say a bench player/late game sub for the 3rd best team in Denmark would be a good player in League 2 and a good backup in MLS.. that being said Denmark is probably a better league than MLS... until we get Atiba back here :canada:

If Cann does sign for Albion over Toronto he's basically saying goodbye to the MNT though. I can't imagine Hart would select him over players like Edgar, Jakovic, Hainault, Attakora, McKenna etc. I think the only reason he really had few callups was because of his teams position and him featuring for them. I don't think we should care about this one, he would have been a great replacement for Garcia (on the bench obviously not starting) especially since hes Canadian but thats about it. He'll be awesome in England but he would suck in MLS I think although definitely better than Braz and Reda hahaha I just thought some people would like to know about a deal that fell through (remember Mo did say a Canadian defender no?) and it isn't Ross Smith as he just signed with Portland (along with former TFC player Derek Gaudet)

[NBF]
03-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Even though Burton Albion is the League 2, Adrian Cann has a leg up on Attakora and Heinault, mainly because Cann will be playing 10 months out of the year, where Attakora will only play for a possible 6 months. Maybe we should start thinking about loaning Attakora out in the offseason if he's to improve.

As far as Cann goes he's probably a bit slower than Attakora, but more tougher and taller. IMO, he would be like a taller Nick Garcia. Which at the moment would give us about 1 foot more on any heading situation on a corner.

I think it's possible that we might see Mo Johnston out of TFC if he continues to get trumped in the transfer market.

Kinda makes you think about what they do at TFC with all that time?

NVkEk-ci8xk

I don't think we're hooked up to the transfer market internets. Just type :deadhorse: after my thread, if you also feel the same way.

Canary Canuck
03-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Cann sucks. No loss at all

Keegan
03-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Cann sucks. No loss at all

Ya he sucks for Canada but he would be a serviceable player in MLS he was on the books of the 3rd best team in Denmark as I said I earlier just behind pretty good european clubs Kobenhavn and Brondby.

Alonso
03-08-2010, 12:29 PM
According to a Luke Wileman tweet today about an hour ago, Cann is with the team today on trial.....

rocker
03-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Ya he sucks for Canada but he would be a serviceable player in MLS he was on the books of the 3rd best team in Denmark as I said I earlier just behind pretty good european clubs Kobenhavn and Brondby.

the key word here is "was". he only played 14 games for that team before either he jumped or they pushed him out. not a good sign.

Rohan Ricketts was once on the books for Arsenal and Tottenham.
Laurent Robert was once on the books for Newcastle and Benfica.
etc....

I remember Cann with the Shitecaps and he didn't stand out to me. So I'm not gonna get my hopes up. If he's cheap and plays serviceable defense in a good Preki system, then fine. But I don't think he's gonna be that good in MLS.

DichioTFC
03-08-2010, 02:59 PM
i sure hope Cann signs with us. We could use the Canadian player and his height 6'3 will make him useful in the defensive rotation (the less reliance on Garcia, the better)

Oldtimer
03-08-2010, 03:04 PM
i sure hope Cann signs with us. We could use the Canadian player and his height 6'3 will make him useful in the defensive rotation (the less reliance on Garcia, the better)

As long as Garcia is "rotated" permanently to the bench, the squad will have already been improved.

ag futbol
03-08-2010, 07:11 PM
He'll be ok. I don't think people should expect any miracles.

I'd see it as a Chris Pozniak, Kevin Harmse type pickup. Solid player, good to have in the rotation, but definitely not the lock-own central defender we want starting game-to-game.

Pachuco
03-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Cann hasn't impressed me at all in the couple of appearences I've seen him play. having said that, the quality in the MLS isn't very impressive either so maybe he'll work out.