PDA

View Full Version : TFC and Other Footie Podcasts

AL-MO
02-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Which ones do you listen to?

I have Its Called Football and the Footie Show on my iTunes.

s2cazz
02-28-2010, 12:44 PM
WFD (not as much since it went pay), It's called Footbal, and Fan 590 Soccer Show w/ Nigel Reed and Bob Iarusci.

If anyone knows a good Serie A show (english) let me know. I have been looking for one.

AL-MO
02-28-2010, 12:55 PM
I love the Footie show. If you don't like the EPL, and English footie then it might not be the podcast for you as they go heavy on it.

s2cazz
02-28-2010, 01:07 PM
I love the Footie show. If you don't like the EPL, and English footie then it might not be the podcast for you as they go heavy on it.

Yeah I'm not a huge EPL fan... Thats why I liked WFD it was a little of everything. I just didn't like the american aspect lol.

bgnewf
02-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Football Weekly from the Guardian out of Manchester is great. Twice weekly. I also listen to the "5 Live Football Daily" from the BBC

DOMIN8R
02-28-2010, 01:57 PM
You have to do the weekly Major league Soccer Talk podcast with Kartik Krishnaiyer. It's the best for MLS info. Less so in the off season. Kartik is an MLS savant.

AL-MO
02-28-2010, 02:00 PM
You have to do the weekly Major league Soccer Talk podcast with Kartik Krishnaiyer. It's the best for MLS info. Less so in the off season. Kartik is an MLS savant.

How long is it?

The one thing I don't like are podcasts over an hour.

flatpicker
02-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Does "Quirks and Quarks" talk about soccer?

;)

Stryker
02-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Footie Show and Nigel's show.

Oldtimer
02-28-2010, 06:17 PM
How long is it?

The one thing I don't like are podcasts over an hour.

Usually they are about 20 minutes. They have a new host though, as Kartik is now doing promotional work for the NASL2.

My podcast list:

The Footy Show
It's called Football!
Major League Soccer Talk
The Rednation Interview series
The FAN590 soccer show
BBC 5 Lives World Football Phone-In.

The Rednation Interview Series is a great series of interviews with Canadian players or foreign players playing on Canadian teams. The questions are really well thought-out. People who have been interviewed so far include:

Paul Stalteri
Jason De Vos
OBW
Sam Cronin
Teal Bunbury
Bob Lenarduzzi
Carl Robinson
Stephen Hart

The BBC 5 Live World Football phone-in is an excellent program covering Association Football worldwide. Sean Wheelock from KC provides the MLS and CONCACAF portion every second show. Sean is an excellent analyst who has a lot of respect for what has been done in Toronto and Vancouver.

London
02-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Football Weekly from the Guardian out of Manchester is great. Twice weekly. I also listen to the "5 Live Football Daily" from the BBC

spooneey!!!!!!

spark
02-28-2010, 09:40 PM
The Game from The Times is pretty good.

I like Marcotti and the Spoony/Gabe combo is always entertaining on the 606 phone-in.

Football Weekly has the best panel IMO.

World Soccer Daily was/is better than WFD because I can't pay for it! Graham Hunter's stories from La Liga are pretty incredible.

Also - UEFA.com has a Vodcast that is pretty dope. Super professional, about 3-4 a month, usually around 15 mins. Put it on your iPhone and you're all set!

There is a podcast out of Toronto called Serie A Weekly (a blog with podcast) haven't listened to the pod in a while but ... ok just listened to it now and he had Kris Voakes on it - so the good info is there if you are looking for it.

Pretty much the same as many others here, just putting in a +1.

acman
03-04-2010, 10:34 PM
is anyone having trouble downloading the Soccer Show on Itunes? After Jan 28 its just stopped for me.

Across_The_Pond
03-05-2010, 08:11 AM
BBC 5 Lives World Football Phone-In. Tim Vickery's knowledge of South American football is truely outstanding.

A good podcast for the iPod. As a previous poster also mentioned - the Guardian's Football Weekly is worth a listen too. (Not just EPL)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/series/footballweekly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/wf/

Oldtimer
03-05-2010, 08:16 AM
is anyone having trouble downloading the Soccer Show on Itunes? After Jan 28 its just stopped for me.

They changed where it is downloaded from. Just go back to the FAN590's web page and resubscribe.

DavydMT
03-05-2010, 09:40 AM
BBC 5 Lives World Football Phone-In. Tim Vickery's knowledge of South American football is truely outstanding.

A good podcast for the iPod. As a previous poster also mentioned - the Guardian's Football Weekly is worth a listen too. (Not just EPL)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/series/footballweekly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/wf/

Both shows are great, a perfect combination of on and off the pitch stories and humor.

You can listen to World Football Phone-In live every Friday between 2130 and 2300 ET. One of the guys on the WF facebook page posts the entire (podcast is usually 10-15 minutes shorter)

ilikemusic
03-05-2010, 12:09 PM
The Footy Show and The Soccer Show are the only ones I listen to anymore.

World Soccer/Football Daily got too up it's own ass with personal agendas to the point where I just couldnt listen anymore.

And I cant stand listening to British football podcasts anymore either.

I just dont give a **** whats happening with the ownership at Portsmouth, or who is going to be the new coach at Bolton, or blah, blah, blah, bullshit.

Across_The_Pond
03-05-2010, 02:43 PM
And I cant stand listening to British football podcasts anymore either.

I just dont give a **** whats happening with the ownership at Portsmouth, or who is going to be the new coach at Bolton, or blah, blah, blah, bullshit.

I see your point. :D

dano
03-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Full-time from Vancouver is another Canadian footy pod. They can get some good interviews.

thisisinternetclash
03-05-2010, 05:38 PM
I've listened to most of the podcasts mentioned in this thread, and for what it's worth I'd say Football Weekly/Football Weekly Extra from The Guardian is head and shoulders the best of the bunch.

Another great one, which I didn't notice mentioned, is the World Football Phone-In from the BBC. They put it up once weekly on Friday nights (our time), and it covers the world of football outside of England. They even have a pretty good MLS correspondent out of Kansas City.