PDA

View Full Version : We're looking for width...

jloome
02-21-2010, 02:32 AM
....and he impressed on his loan at Cheltenham. Worth a trial, at least?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_D'Agostino

Keegan
02-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Most definitely. A guy who by all accounts was one of the best players on his league one club... fans were loving the guy I remember reading some comments and I was like "wtf?" I couldn't believe how highly rated a guy who wasn't a starter on our U20s was in England

Only problem I could see is his lack of play since then... but he is only 22. Give him a trial

CretanBull
02-21-2010, 06:10 PM
He was on trial with Leeds a couple of years ago - I think he was in and out in a day or two. Doesn't mean he won't work out here though - he's worth a look!

oxygenatedbrain
02-21-2010, 10:12 PM
He was training/trialling with Whitecaps, not sure if he went to Arizona...

Keegan
02-22-2010, 01:06 AM
The guy is going to probably turn out to be the next Haber on the Caps and we are going to be shaking our heads. very possible he wanted to go to Vancouver though

jloome
02-23-2010, 12:27 PM
The guy is going to probably turn out to be the next Haber on the Caps and we are going to be shaking our heads. very possible he wanted to go to Vancouver though

I'm wondering if we even invited him. I notice as well that he asked for his Blackpool contract to be cancelled to find first-team playing time somewhere. That's a pretty good sign

Our luck, he'll end up with the Brits on the Austin Aztecs.

Beach_Red
02-23-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm wondering if we even invited him. I notice as well that he asked for his Blackpool contract to be cancelled to find first-team playing time somewhere. That's a pretty good sign

Our luck, he'll end up with the Brits on the Austin Aztecs.

Well, who's his agent?

Stouffville_RPB
02-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Ali Gerba scored a goal almost every other game at the League One level with MK Dons right before coming here and he still couldn't put out consistent performances.

Not to take anything away from D'Agostino but he couldn't even get into a game with Hereford. I guess you don't lose much on a trial but I wouldn't trial him.