PDA

View Full Version : Field Seats

Rudy
02-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Can someone tell me what the field seats are like? Are they folding seats? or movable seats? are they right next to the players/visitors benches? and whats the line of sight like?
Any info would be helpful...

SilverSamurai
02-20-2010, 10:29 PM
You mean like patio seats?
If you mean the 1 behind the signs on the west stand, pretty sure those aren't available to the public. But $$$ talks...
Never seen anyone seated beside the players though...

Kevvv
02-20-2010, 10:31 PM
If they're the ones I'm thinking of, they're on the west side - the east now have field-side tables. I sat in them once, on the east, before the tables were put in.

The seats are folding chairs, fairly comfortable as I remember. Mid-field, low second or high first deck is my preferred view, so I found the sight lines similar to rail seats in hockey - not great, because you can't get the depth of the field. But you can yell at players much easier, so it's a tradeoff.

Kevvv
02-20-2010, 10:33 PM
Never seen anyone seated beside the players though...

They do, in front of sec 122/121. It often looked like Academy players sitting there.

Sally Mack
02-20-2010, 11:02 PM
Bar stools around a table. Personalized service from the servers.

SilverSamurai
02-20-2010, 11:03 PM
They do, in front of sec 122/121. It often looked like Academy players sitting there.

I've only seen the ones closes to the corner flags where the academy players are. Then again I hardly ever look there, I'm paying attention to the game! lol

Kevvv
02-20-2010, 11:11 PM
The fields seats are in front of me - I see them when I'm watching a throw-in :cool:

Rudy
02-20-2010, 11:15 PM
The fields seats are in front of me - I see them when I'm watching a throw-in :cool:

Yes, the field seats on the west side... what are those like? first row...

Kevvv
02-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Like I said about the east seats - you'll see the players up close, but don't get the big picture view. It's better than not being there at all.

(When I was there, the east seats were like the west - there were no tables.)

Keystone FC
02-21-2010, 04:58 AM
I sat on the Field Level seats in 2008 vs. the Fire on the SouthWest end. I helped Nascar put up banners. The seats were fold up chairs on a slightly raised wooden platform right next to where the academy players sat. It was 'okay'...you really get to see the players up close and personal during warm-ups but if the ball doesn't come to that area during the game then you feel kind of jipped. Plus, your not with people who yell and scream (Star Bucks was the prefered drink for this section), and if you get up there is a stadium security guy to tell you to stay in your seat. Needless to say I snuck into 112 at halftime and enjoyed watching TFC win with the RPB faithful(It was the 1st time I had witnessed TFC win a match in person....tears were shed).

jiforio
02-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Personally I prefer the seats in row one of the stadium. Your more at one with the fans as opposed to being thrown out there on the pitch. There's an uneasy feeling of everyone watching your every move. But that's just my 2 cents.

JonO
02-21-2010, 12:49 PM
It's a different feeling for sure. I sat in the temp field level seats they put behind the keeper (in front of the beer garden) a few years ago. Not the greatest perspective on the game, but then neither is 112. You feel more part of the game than spectator...

rocker
02-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Personally I prefer the seats in row one of the stadium. Your more at one with the fans as opposed to being thrown out there on the pitch. There's an uneasy feeling of everyone watching your every move. But that's just my 2 cents.

For fun I used ticket trader to get seats in row one right behind the TFC bench once. It was cool... such a different perspective.

When Serioux came to the sideline to do a throw in, it was like I was in the game too! You really feel connected to the physical aspect of the play on the field -- little things on the field affect you more.

But I found it awkward when the play went downfield... then I felt disconnected a bit.

Sally Mack
02-22-2010, 06:13 PM
woops, just realized that above I described the field tables, not the field seats! my bad!

CretanBull
02-22-2010, 06:37 PM
I sat on the Field Level seats in 2008 vs. the Fire on the SouthWest end. I helped Nascar put up banners. The seats were fold up chairs on a slightly raised wooden platform right next to where the academy players sat. It was 'okay'...you really get to see the players up close and personal during warm-ups but if the ball doesn't come to that area during the game then you feel kind of jipped. Plus, your not with people who yell and scream (Star Bucks was the prefered drink for this section), and if you get up there is a stadium security guy to tell you to stay in your seat. Needless to say I snuck into 112 at halftime and enjoyed watching TFC win with the RPB faithful(It was the 1st time I had witnessed TFC win a match in person....tears were shed).

What's it like?

:D

GhostKiller
02-22-2010, 08:46 PM
The seats are heavy duty and padded, but I think they are foldable too. They are the same chairs that they use in court-side raptors games. They are comfortable yet hard to throw. If they have the slightest rip in them they retain water and wet your ass when you sit on them.

Keystone FC
02-23-2010, 04:47 AM
What's it like?

:D
:michael::fluffy::drunk::Angel_anim::cheers::group hug::party::stogey:

pchap
03-08-2010, 02:41 PM
I had 2 front row field seats last year (first year for them there). View was amazing (when the ball was in your half). They don't let you stand up AT ALL... and security's kinda screwy getting in and out.

Not a ton of season ticket holders attending each game either... lots of corporate seats so you're almost always sitting beside someone different game to game. Not the best experience compared with other sections.

Worth it for a year, but I couldn't justify renewing them. Look elsewhere if you have the option.

pchap
03-08-2010, 02:42 PM
For what it's worth though... you can usually sell them for a profit and get cheaper (better) seats for most games. If that's a positive.