PDA

View Full Version : I'm at a crossroads...

Corpand
06-16-2008, 09:45 AM
http://web.mlsnet.com/sights/goal_of_the_week/

Love the fact that we got 2 of our players in goal of the week selections....but I just CANT decide who to vote for...

rocker
06-16-2008, 09:46 AM
neither will win as the TFC vote will be split

ilikemusic
06-16-2008, 09:50 AM
To take nothing away from Dichio's goal I think Ricketts is the easy winner.

Shaughno
06-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Ricketts, no other choice.

flatpicker
06-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Ricketts...

bdrs
06-16-2008, 09:54 AM
RR10!

olegunnar
06-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Saying Rickett's goal was the best of the week doesn't devalue Dichio's.

Dichio's was a smart, savvy and nicely taken goal, but Rickett's was better on the whole

NF-FC
06-16-2008, 09:59 AM
neither will win as the TFC vote will be split

thats exactly what is happening. ricketts and dichio are 2nd and 3rd. so even though we have almost half of the votes they are split

sully
06-16-2008, 10:44 AM
clearly Ricketts is the better goal

pat416
06-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Ricketts!!

James17930
06-16-2008, 10:51 AM
I knew this was going to happen.

Leprechaun
06-16-2008, 10:51 AM
imo it is a tough decision, but i gotta go with ricketts.

Cambridge_Red
06-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Come vote people we're losing! DC has that cheat application going again

Blazer
06-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Dichio's degree of difficulty was far higher making it the more skilful goal in my mind. As for “best”…I don’t really know what the criteria is so Danny gets my vote all things considered. Both were fucking glorious.

J .
06-16-2008, 11:04 AM
RR's was nicer.

ilikemusic
06-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Dichio's degree of difficulty was far higher making it the more skilful goal in my mind. As for “best”…I don’t really know what the criteria is so Danny gets my vote all things considered. Both were fucking glorious.

In all honesty, a volley into the far corner is not nearly as skillful as what Ricketts did. Ricketts handled the ball, settled it down, shook two defenders off him, and buried a bullet shot.

Dichio lobbed a volley into the far corner. It was very much just a 'get some shots on net' kind of play.

Honestly I dont know how anyone thinks Dichio's is the more skillful strike.

MisterMacphisto
06-16-2008, 11:11 AM
Give me a break... DD's was better than RR's.

DD's was an amazing cracked volley that bent in just inside the post.

MisterMacphisto
06-16-2008, 11:17 AM
It was very much just a 'get some shots on net' kind of play.

That's what so many people say after every goal DD scores. If it was a one time thing, maybe, but every touch DD has had on net this year has been a quality goal. The guy has amazing striker instinct and that goal was a 100% quality strike, not "just some shot on net". The thing was an absolute bullet on the far side and required just as much skill as RR's move and shot. For 95% of players out there, that shot would of been over the beer tent or in section 104.

J .
06-16-2008, 11:20 AM
They were both very skillful. The difference for me was DD was opportunistic, while RR had control over the play. Either should be GOTW, but I gotta go with RoRo on this one.

MisterMacphisto
06-16-2008, 11:21 AM
I just watched the RR goal again... and now I too am torn.

They were both beautiful. What an awesome problem to have. :)

adamdz
06-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Not many people voted so far :P.

Edson Buddle, DC
57 votes (12%)
Alejandro Moreno, COC
28 votes (6%)
Danny Dichio, TOR
80 votes (16%)
Rohan Ricketts, TOR
190 votes (38%)
Clyde Simms, DC
139 votes (28%)

I liked both goals, hard to pick haha.

ilikemusic
06-16-2008, 11:23 AM
They were both very skillful. The difference for me was DD was opportunistic, while RR had control over the play. Either should be GOTW, but I gotta go with RoRo on this one.

Exactly. I love them both, theyre just different kind of goals I suppose.

I just watched the RR goal again... and now I too am torn.

They were both beautiful. What an awesome problem to have. :)

:hump:

Its so much better to argue about who's goal was nicer instead of 'whos going to break the drought?'

:hump:

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-16-2008, 11:27 AM
we will never win...the script is in full force!

Lucky Strike
06-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Pretty much figured that the DC people would use scripts to make their guy win. That and the fact that that we have two candidates means the vote will be split.

adamdz
06-16-2008, 11:42 AM
I'll show you a script!

Eastend
06-16-2008, 11:45 AM
AS OF 12:45pm June 16/08:

Thank you for voting. Here are your Sierra Mist Goal of the Week nominees.

Edson Buddle, DC7%http://www.mlsnet.com/imgs/color0.gif
Alejandro Moreno, COC3%http://www.mlsnet.com/imgs/color1.gif
Danny Dichio, TOR18%http://www.mlsnet.com/imgs/color2.gif
Rohan Ricketts, TOR49%http://www.mlsnet.com/imgs/color3.gif
Clyde Simms, DC23%http://www.mlsnet.com/imgs/color4.gif

olegunnar
06-16-2008, 11:47 AM
F9rhwRMDG6Q

Eastend
06-16-2008, 11:58 AM
You're speechless?

F9rhwRMDG6Q

graeme117
06-16-2008, 12:00 PM
IMO RR's deserves it, DD hit it on a volley which was awesome, but the way RR loses his 2 men was wicked.

On a side note, does anyone else find the guy who says, 'sierra mist goal of the week nominee' incredibly annoying? its like he was trying to be napoleon dynamite but the joke was old several years ago. Also i've never heard nominee said nominaaaaay...

MisterMacphisto
06-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Hey, I can write scripts too. To Apple's Automator I go.

adamdz
06-16-2008, 12:15 PM
If you want I'll dedicate one of my machines at home after work haha. It can probably do 30 votes/min reliably.

nimamalek
06-16-2008, 02:19 PM
IMO RR's deserves it, DD hit it on a volley which was awesome, but the way RR loses his 2 men was wicked.

On a side note, does anyone else find the guy who says, 'sierra mist goal of the week nominee' incredibly annoying? its like he was trying to be napoleon dynamite but the joke was old several years ago. Also i've never heard nominee said nominaaaaay...

yah sounds like someone recorded it in their basement

Hooligan69
06-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Just voted for Ricketts.

adamdz
06-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Looks like we are ahead ;);)

Blazer
06-16-2008, 02:39 PM
In all honesty, a volley into the far corner is not nearly as skillful as what Ricketts did. Ricketts handled the ball, settled it down, shook two defenders off him, and buried a bullet shot.

Dichio lobbed a volley into the far corner. It was very much just a 'get some shots on net' kind of play.

Timing a volleying that is coming straight down over your head and putting enough curl to sneak it past a diving keeper, inside the far post, and well under the cross bar is a very skilful technique. He tries that 10 times again and probably comes up with 4 over the bar, 2 squibblers wide, and another handful into the keepers gloves. I’ll take my chances with Rickets being able to repeat his strike more often than not. Rickets shook off his defender with a series of foot and head fakes. A beautiful goal grant it, but some blame to the shit defender at the same time.

Honestly, get over it…not worth getting yourself all worked up.

Steve
06-16-2008, 02:42 PM

Yeah, that's so like DD. I mean, he just keeps putting stupid shots on net that never have a chance of going in, just in case. Oh, wait, 5 shots on net, 5 goals this year. Weird.

As for the goals, they were both amazing, which means we'll lose because no other team will vote for a TFC player (they hate us for ballot stuffing) and we'll split the vote.

Footie-11
06-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Personally i think DD's is the better goal. RR goal was fantastic, i just think Dichio's was a bit better.

Broadview
06-16-2008, 02:49 PM
They're both great!

Gotta go with Ricketts though...it's almost like he disappeared for a second and nobody knew where he was until he popped up on the other side of the defender and roofed it.

Blazer
06-16-2008, 02:50 PM
They were two very different goals. A different skill required and a different complexity to each. The only way you can really determine whose was better is to ask which was more likely to miss given 10 opportunities or which will be a much more infrequent type of goal. In my opinion, it's DD’s goal. Rohan would probably say it himself that Dichio’s required far more concentration and finishing touch than his straight up shimmy-sham move followed by a killer strike?!

Blazer
06-16-2008, 02:51 PM
They're both great!

Gotta go with Ricketts though...it's almost like he disappeared for a second and nobody knew where he was until he popped up on the other side of the defender and roofed it.

But how does that have anything to do with his goal?!

Broadview
06-16-2008, 03:00 PM
But how does that have anything to do with his goal?!

I wasn't refering to his performance the past few weeks, I'm was talking about the "dipsy doodle" as Dobson so eloquently put it during that particular goal.

t.o_moose
06-16-2008, 03:13 PM

you wanna hear something annoying? Watch the clip for Buddle's goal

"THE VOLLEY FROM BUDDLE... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES SS!!!"

that's irritating

my $.02--> both great goals, but Dichio won one last season, let's give it to Rohan

Pachuco
06-16-2008, 04:18 PM
you wanna hear something annoying? Watch the clip for Buddle's goal

"THE VOLLEY FROM BUDDLE... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES SS!!!"

that's irritating

my $.02--> both great goals, but Dichio won one last season, let's give it to Rohan

OH MY GOD, I cringe everytime I hear that moron saying YESSSSSSSSSSS. It sounds awefull.

Lucky Strike
06-16-2008, 04:28 PM
I like the "yes" guy, it's much better than the Comcast (I think it was) who announce a goal with "It's in the net! It's in the net!" They even do this on non-spectacular/surprising goals. Well duh. That and the Rapids announcer for last game just thought all the black guys looked the same, knew nothing about anything and mistook many players for others. And of course the Houston people last week were brutal. So IMO, the "yes" guy I can live with. :)

ilikemusic
06-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Whenever I hear Max Bretos yells 'yyyyyeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhh' I realize why soccer is so unpopular in the US.

nimamalek
06-16-2008, 04:52 PM
DC back in front, they do this every time

Razcle
06-16-2008, 05:02 PM
lol....Just vote for whomever you feel was better.....it matters very little if TFC are picked for goal of the week. As long as we keep wining games!

PS Clyde Sims goal is not that nice...lol...

Steve
06-16-2008, 05:12 PM
DC back in front, they do this every time

We haven't won this year and I don't expect us to. Either MLS is stepping in to try to stop our stuffing, or other teams are just pissed at us over last year, but there have been some strange losses so far this year. This week we probably deserve the nod, and won't get it. Oh well, DC needs to confidence boost more than we do anyway, I mean, we're gonna win the cup after all, let them have GOTW.

Oldtimer
06-16-2008, 05:56 PM
DC is stuffing the ballot box, probably through their scripts.

Lucky Strike
06-16-2008, 06:02 PM
DC is stuffing the ballot box, probably through their scripts.

We know it is. Earlier today Ricketts was at 50% and last time I checked we were down to 25% with the DC guy at 38%.

morgank1986
06-16-2008, 07:57 PM
DC is killing us right now. Tell everyone that you know to vote for Ricketts!