PDA

View Full Version : Dero & Barrett and Gerba - the Terrors of the eastern conference

Technorgasm
02-17-2010, 08:18 PM
So Dero played 28 games and had 11 goals . . . . .

Chad played 29 for 5 goals. . . . . . .

I have no doubt that we will be seeing the best from Chad this year.
I suspect that he will pot 10+ goals this year. (BARRETT FANS STAND-UP!)

With the addition of JDG the creativity on the attack through the midfield will increase and Chad / Gerba will be putting them away.

DERO is a proven super star in this leage and no doubt will be around the 10 mark as well

Nw that we have a Proper surface at BMO, things are really looking positive. Fuck I cant WAIT to cheer on our boys as we charge up the table and into the post season !!!!

Im curious though, who will contribute to the goal tally this year apart from these guys?

JDG, CRONIN, SERIOUX, BRENNAN (2) for example stretched the onion bag in 2009 . . . .

Brooker
02-17-2010, 08:20 PM
so you're saying I won't get dirty looks for wearing my Barrett jersey this season?

awesome.

Gixmo
02-17-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm expecting a few strikes from that squirrel in year 1....

I'll reserve judgement on Barrett, but I would not be opposed to him bagging consistently... Similar output from Dero.. I think Brian White, if fit, will have a breakout year..

... and Frei scores off a corner late to tie..

There is a very strong possibility the collective roar/rush of air from 111 will force a ball to cross the line too..

nascarguy
02-17-2010, 08:37 PM
with our new grass I better see our boys do better this year then the last 3. After the player bitching about the fake grass for the last 3 years or they can pack there bags. I want to see us in the top 3

Ossington Mental Youth
02-17-2010, 08:43 PM
I think Brian White, if fit, will have a breakout year.

How do you think O'Brian White will do?:D

Oldtimer
02-17-2010, 08:44 PM
with our new grass I better see our boys do better this year then the last 3. After the player bitching about the fake grass for the last 3 years or they can pack there bags. I want to see us in the top 3

Forget top 3. MLS Cup winners. That's where I want to see us go, and with Preki, a fit JDG, OBW and Gerba, an on-fire DeRo and a solid defense, I think it's fully possible.

nascarguy
02-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Forget top 3. MLS Cup winners. That's where I want to see us go, and with Preki, a fit JDG, OBW and Gerba, an on-fire DeRo and a solid defense, I think it's fully possible.
in the top 3 by the end of july.

[NBF]
02-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Chad Barrett: Im a 100% sure that he will become a bench player this season or move to the Left Midfielder position(only because of his good effort though).

De Rosario: Will get his 10 goals either at Left Midfielder or Striker.

Gerba: In my opinion will be released or come off the bench.

O.B. White: Will be our most consistent player. He might start every game.

nascarguy
02-17-2010, 09:16 PM
this season our boys better get us 50+ pts and win the canadian cup again..
We play about 30 mls games this season right so that about 90 pts that can be won

Gixmo
02-17-2010, 09:25 PM
How do you think O'Brian White will do?:D

Who?

(I'm terrible for it, I always drop the O')

Blizzard
02-17-2010, 09:46 PM
;894695']Chad Barrett: Im a 100% sure that he will become a bench player this season or move to the Left Midfielder position(only because of his good effort though).

De Rosario: Will get his 10 goals either at Left Midfielder or Striker.

Gerba: In my opinion will be released or come off the bench.

O.B. White: Will be our most consistent player. He might start every game.

I could see all these things happening but OB has me a bit worried. I want to see him run full out to get a bit of an idea of what kind of wheels he really has. I would hope he is fully recovered from his knee injury (as much as one can ever completely recover from that kind of injury) so now he has to show us what he really has.

He has touch, he has awareness but does he have mobility???

daner90
02-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Serioux could do well.....

but it wont be for the Reds

Technorgasm
02-17-2010, 09:55 PM
wow. .seeing barrett on the wing might actually work, he is strong on the ball, seems to know to hold for support. . . I like it.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-17-2010, 10:06 PM
im not at all worried with regards to OBW, hes had time and showed a ton of promise when he was on the field last year.

I think we will see alot of people playing different roles when called on (barrett, Ibby on wing if necessary, DeRo as a striker if necessary) but i think that people will play their set roles and do it well, im pretty psyched for this season, alot of promise so far. I do think that Gerba and White will be the starting strikers for a good bit with Barrett as a back up and i do think they will be quite effective.

TorontoBlades
02-17-2010, 10:11 PM
I suspect that Cronin will have good production for the role that he plays. I think he will be good for 5 or 6 goals this year, and I like some of the service he provided when he played the wing last year so I think he may have more than a few assists as well

jazzy
02-17-2010, 10:46 PM
in the top 3 by the end of july.

but remember the cup winners always seem to sneak upfrom behind, so for me playoffs first, fully fit then not overly confident, we take every team on 1 by 1 ......

westrouge
02-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Both teams involved in TFC matches had to play on the turf last year. Both teams will we there as well when there is grass. The new surface allows for better quality soccer, but for both teams...I can't see grass helping TFC win more at home; I can only see the grass enabling better quality play.

koryo
02-18-2010, 08:58 AM
wow. .seeing barrett on the wing might actually work, he is strong on the ball, seems to know to hold for support. . . I like it.

But can he cross?

Pachuco
02-18-2010, 09:12 AM
So Dero played 28 games and had 11 goals . . . . .

Chad played 29 for 5 goals. . . . . . .

I have no doubt that we will be seeing the best from Chad this year.
I suspect that he will pot 10+ goals this year. (BARRETT FANS STAND-UP!)

With the addition of JDG the creativity on the attack through the midfield will increase and Chad / Gerba will be putting them away.

DERO is a proven super star in this leage and no doubt will be around the 10 mark as well

Nw that we have a Proper surface at BMO, things are really looking positive. Fuck I cant WAIT to cheer on our boys as we charge up the table and into the post season !!!!

Im curious though, who will contribute to the goal tally this year apart from these guys?

JDG, CRONIN, SERIOUX, BRENNAN (2) for example stretched the onion bag in 2009 . . . .

Come on now. We lost our most creative player in the midfield last year, so we are minus one player there, I'm not sure how we look any better this year in that regard. I don't think DeGuzman adds more creativity then Guevara.

I also don't see Barrett having a better year then OBWhite. I trust in OBWhite. Barrett will come off the bench, that's as much as I see him doing.

Yohan
02-18-2010, 02:14 PM
expecting buckets of goals at BMO field this year. until last third of season, TFC actually played well on grass surface on away, scoring 3 goals in 3 games in MLS

Shaughno
02-18-2010, 02:19 PM
3 goals in 3 games is considered playing well? :lol: I guess when you're shit for the rest of the time it is.

Beach_Red
02-18-2010, 02:28 PM
3 goals in 3 games is considered playing well? :lol: I guess when you're shit for the rest of the time it is.

Have you started your, "Preki Must Go!" banner yet?

;)

S_D
02-18-2010, 02:30 PM
I want some of your kool-aid

Supporters shield? Top 3? We don't even have a proper roster yet.

Be happy if we can win the V-Cup (since no tanking allowed), not seive goals and squeek into the playoffs which would be quite an improvement over last season.

Anything more that that will be gravy. No doubt I hope to see more, but I am more realistic.

deacon
02-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Guevara maybe more creative,but I'd take DeGuzman all day long.2010 TFC will much tougher mentally and physically than 2009 team.With DeGuzman as AM and either Cronin and/or Robinson as DM, TFC will win most of the battles in the center of the park this coming season. And from a defensive standpoint it will be a massive improvement over Guevara.

Darlofletch
02-18-2010, 02:54 PM

3 goals on three seperate occasions might have been a better way of originally saying it.

rocker
02-18-2010, 02:57 PM
ya JDG > Guevara.. I'm not even sure about the creativity comparison... JDG is crafty, has great vision, does the unexpected... that's creative to me. plus JDG is a better passer, faster, better at keeping control of the ball at his feet.. definitely an improvement on Guevara if you take everything together. no offense to Guevara.. i loved the guy.. but JDG is a better player overall.

Shaughno
02-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Have you started your, "Preki Must Go!" banner yet?

;)

Actually, I've been preaching for a coach like Preki since the Mo days. ;)

ManUtd4ever
02-18-2010, 03:01 PM
I believe JDG is capable of being a better all around player than Guevara was for TFC although that was certainly not evident based on their level of play when they were on the pitch together last season. I trust that it was due to JDG's extended layoff and this year he will be the real deal...

TFC Tifoso
02-18-2010, 03:16 PM
right now, I'm just hoping Preki can work some magic and get 150% outta the boys because they'll need it...

aside from DeRo, there is no one up front that I am confident with.....OBW, while promising, hasn't played a full season yet so he is basically an unknown.....Gerba didn't do much to inspire confidence last year, Ibby pretty much had a year off, and well, Barrett is Barrett.

also, the defense seems to be in shambles.....

sure, its great to believe, but its even smarter to be realistic...

Phil
02-18-2010, 03:32 PM
right now, I'm just hoping Preki can work some magic and get 150% outta the boys because they'll need it...

aside from DeRo, there is no one up front that I am confident with.....OBW, while promising, hasn't played a full season yet so he is basically an unknown.....Gerba didn't do much to inspire confidence last year, Ibby pretty much had a year off, and well, Barrett is Barrett.

sure, its great to believe, but its even smarter to be realistic...

All great points.

Some other things I have to remind myself about when talking about Gerba is that he didnt get an offseason last year and had some issues as a result. Same goes for JDG too. I am hoping to see these guys show some spark for the team this year.

Keyman
02-18-2010, 03:52 PM
It seems that in every sport, prior to every season, it's vogue for fans to collectively reinvigorate certain players; usually those perceived to have not reached their "potential". Optimism, it seems, becomes contagious. Yet I just do not see how people can believe it will be an auspicious year for Barrett. People are always finding excuses for him, but to me he doesn't deserve any more time. Unless he shows me that he can consistently send crosses into the box (I'm not even considering him as a striker any longer), we have no use for him.

Keyman
02-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Oh and I think De Guzman could tear up this league if used properly. But if Preki decides, as Carver did, to play De Guzman deep then he won't do much. His tally for this year is really dependent on where he plays.

Stouffville_RPB
02-18-2010, 03:59 PM
If you can't be optimistic now when can you be?

Carver never had JDG at his disposal.

Parkdale
02-18-2010, 04:12 PM
word

Oldtimer
02-18-2010, 04:30 PM

Actually, the defense was in shambles last year, but we don't know the cause of that. Maybe poor defensive coaching was the issue.

All I know is that Limniatiis had Montreal go far in the CCL with crappier defensive players than TFC has. It was great organization that made up for the likes of Adam Braz.

As someone who suffered through watching Braz game after game in season 1, I can easily say that Garcia is a better player.

Keyman
02-18-2010, 04:42 PM
If you can't be optimistic now when can you be?

Carver never had JDG at his disposal.

Sorry, Cummins. Point was not which coach had the reigns.

And you can't be optimistic, there is no reason for optimism when it comes to players like Barrett, it's completely absurd to me. Everyone can inflate their expectations if they want, but I bet those same people will be the ones bitching and moaning about Barrett's player come midseason. Irrational optimism does no good.

ManUtd4ever
02-18-2010, 04:46 PM
I think it would be reasonable to assume that last year's squad would have made the playoffs with Preki at the helm. My concern is that the loss of Guevara and Serioux have left TFC short on depth this season. I am confident that Preki will motivate the club to overachieve and the current roster is probably capable of reaching the post season but I'm not sure that scratching and clawing for a playoff spot is satisfactory for TFC at this point. If the necessary pieces can be added to the puzzle on the backline and up front then there would be cause for genuine optimism...

gtaguy
02-18-2010, 08:32 PM
I think it would be reasonable to assume that last year's squad would have made the playoffs with Preki at the helm. My concern is that the loss of Guevara and Serioux have left TFC short on depth this season. I am confident that Preki will motivate the club to overachieve and the current roster is probably capable of reaching the post season but I'm not sure that scratching and clawing for a playoff spot is satisfactory for TFC at this point. If the necessary pieces can be added to the puzzle on the backline and up front then there would be cause for genuine optimism...

totally agree :D ..
I would just like to add that i want the team to be very serious when and if we win the chance to enter concacaf champions league.
This team needs to show it wares not only in the MLS but Abroad aswell. No repeat of last year .

TFC Tifoso
02-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Actually, the defense was in shambles last year, but we don't know the cause of that. Maybe poor defensive coaching was the issue.

All I know is that Limniatiis had Montreal go far in the CCL with crappier defensive players than TFC has. It was great organization that made up for the likes of Adam Braz.

As someone who suffered through watching Braz game after game in season 1, I can easily say that Garcia is a better player.

fair enough.....which is why I said that my big hope is that Preki can get 150% outta the boys, because personnel-wise, at this point, I don't think anybody can honestly say TFC has got what it takes for any success this year. Of course more players will fill up the roster (they're better be!!), but my belief is that they will be just that....fillers.

Big Bruva
02-21-2010, 11:07 PM
Julian is not more creative than Amado and Amado is not better defensively but thats understandable since Julian's real position is DM and Amado's is AM.

Like i said last season when Julian came i was curious to see how it was really gonna work with him and Amado in the same team as Amado needs the ball a lot and Julian does not but is always looking for it and now he is at TFC and the DP the play will have to go through him more than not.

Like it has been said TFC need one or two more players to step up and score coz with this squad i dont think there are enough goals, DeRo and then...........
Julian is not a scorer and ya hoping Chad can have a productive year.

Ive spoke to O'Brian and he is ready for this year and feels this is like his first year o i seem him getting his goals if he gets his time.

Ali needs to step up too.