PDA

View Full Version : Chivas USA to be rebranded

Stryker
02-16-2010, 01:46 PM
http://goal.com/en-us/news/114/mexico/2010/02/16/1793249/court-strips-vergara-of-chivas-naming-rights

http://www.mls-rumors.net/6758/2010/02/report-chivas-usa-is-dead-rebranding-in-progress/

This is huge.

We need to swoop in and tell Garber that we want dibs on the red and white strip if they're not going to use it.

Red Rat
02-16-2010, 01:53 PM
No more Chivas USA, is that sad?

rr

Whoop
02-16-2010, 01:54 PM
No more goats...

Damien
02-16-2010, 02:11 PM
CD Guadalajara Los Angeles de Mexico

Carts
02-16-2010, 02:17 PM
They'll rename themselves the LA Solar System...

Then their matches with the LA Galaxy will be branded - Star Wars...

The winner of the two game series will be named - MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE...

He-Man and Luke Skywalker will come out to to do the coin toss and present the trophy...

Carts...

Oldtimer
02-16-2010, 02:20 PM
MLS should look at this as an opportunity, as the original idea was poorly conceived.

Naming the club "Chivas" alienated a huge percentage of latino fans, resulting in very poor paid attendance. Supporters of other Mexican clubs would never go for an MLS side named "Chivas."

It would be kind of like naming Toronto's MLS side "Inter-Toronto" (which thankfully never happened).

Damien
02-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Maybe a chance to capture another former NASL name?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f5/Los_Angeles_Aztecs.png/200px-Los_Angeles_Aztecs.png

jabbronies
02-16-2010, 02:51 PM
They should rebrand Chivas USA "The Impact" and then give them thier own stadium to play in Montreal.

LittleOzzy
02-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Bring back the Los Angeles Aztecs!

I always hated the Chivas USA name, it made no sense in MLS to me.

TFC07
02-16-2010, 05:07 PM
It would be kind of like naming Toronto's MLS side "Inter-Toronto" (which thankfully never happened).

But a lot of teams have "Inter" (not more than teams with "FC" tho). International Toronto made a lot of sense! It actually give the team an identity unlike "FC" and "Reds" which is lame and boring, but whatever...majority of people didn't support that. It's okay.

Super
02-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Ideally the MLS would halt expansion at a clean 20 - and in order to properly expand into markets that will actually pack their stadium, I think it's CRUCIAL that the MLS cuts Chivas. The sport is not big enough for two teams in ANY city. Give the team to another city.

[NBF]
02-16-2010, 05:17 PM

He-Man and Luke Skywalker will come out to to do the coin toss and present the trophy...

Carts...

Hillarious......but

http://i-trepreneur.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/retard.jpg

Super
02-16-2010, 05:18 PM
But a lot of teams have "Inter" (not more than teams with "FC" tho). International Toronto made a lot of sense! It actually give the team an identity unlike "FC" and "Reds" which is lame and boring, but whatever...majority of people didn't support that. It's okay.

It may be boring, but to me it's a proper football name. Toronto Football Club. Pure and simple!

Beach_Red
02-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Ideally the MLS would halt expansion at a clean 20 - and in order to properly expand into markets that will actually pack their stadium, I think it's CRUCIAL that the MLS cuts Chivas. The sport is not big enough for two teams in ANY city. Give the team to another city.

It's hard to say, really. LA has no NFL team and it's a huge market. With good ownership two teams in LA might actually work well.

[NBF]
02-16-2010, 05:25 PM

I hate it when I've watched some of the broadcast on different stations where they have this:

Toronto
FC

VS

Los Angeles
Galaxy

I've seen this more than a few times, and it makes it seem so stupid.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-16-2010, 05:52 PM
It may be boring, but to me it's a proper football name. Toronto Football Club. Pure and simple!

yep Inter has too many connotations re: ethnic specific clubs, that would have turned away supporters (i would have been a bit disappointed nad disgruntled)

TFC07
02-16-2010, 06:14 PM

Inter is also legit/proper name as well.

BTW, calling your team Football Club when people actually call it soccer in Canada and USA is quite funny especially since we play in Major League Soccer.

;892631']I hate it when I've watched some of the broadcast on different stations where they have this:

Toronto
FC

VS

Los Angeles
Galaxy

I've seen this more than a few times, and it makes it seem so stupid.

Agreed. But then again, what do you except from our media? lol Also the another thing ticks me off is when people call it "The FC".

CretanBull
02-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Now if we can only get the Red Bulls and RSL rebranded we'd be one step closer to respectability.

Blazer
02-16-2010, 06:33 PM
MLS should look at this as an opportunity, as the original idea was poorly conceived.

Naming the club "Chivas" alienated a huge percentage of latino fans, resulting in very poor paid attendance. Supporters of other Mexican clubs would never go for an MLS side named "Chivas."

QFT.

jimiv
02-16-2010, 08:42 PM
What a great time to get this team out of Los Angeles and let the Galaxy have a stadium all their own.

Redcoe15
02-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Club Deportivo Los Angeles (CDLA) or the LA Aztecs.

Or, just relocate them to San Diego or Las Vegas.

ArmenJBX
02-16-2010, 09:19 PM
San Diego CF

Wagner
02-16-2010, 09:54 PM

Carts...

Landycakes = She-Ra??

I_AM_CANADIAN
02-16-2010, 09:58 PM
LOL... Excellent news in my opinion, although hopefully the name change doesn't alienate the Hispanic portion of their fanbase...?

flatpicker
02-16-2010, 10:04 PM
LOL... Excellent news in my opinion, although hopefully the name change doesn't alienate the Hispanic portion of their fanbase...?

Just name the team Hispanic Atlético.
That should solve that problem.

Bars92
02-16-2010, 11:22 PM
I love it when they call us the 'FC'. Cause it still has football in the name. Beats the hell out of being the Toronto Soccer Club.

AL-MO
02-16-2010, 11:31 PM

Inter Toronto sounds like Real Salt Lake to me. Which I don't like at all. It sounds so fake, and that they are trying WAY too hard for a name.

Plus I bet the Milan fans (and other Serie A fans) wouldn't be too enthralled with the name.

boban
02-16-2010, 11:38 PM
We need to swoop in and tell Garber that we want dibs on the red and white strip if they're not going to use it.
Why?

boban
02-16-2010, 11:40 PM
It's no more proper than Inter.
Get over yourself.

s2cazz
02-16-2010, 11:40 PM
Inter Toronto sounds like Real Salt Lake to me. Which I don't like at all. It sounds so fake, and that they are trying WAY too hard for a name.

Plus I bet the Milan fans (and other Serie A fans) wouldn't be too enthralled with the name.
I'm a Serie A fan and I like it:picard:

AL-MO
02-16-2010, 11:41 PM

Last time I checked you are an Inter fan. Right? :D

I_AM_CANADIAN
02-16-2010, 11:42 PM
But you also like Inter. :D lol

TBH, I wouldn't really be too big on an 'Inter Toronto.' No need to differentiate ourselves from any other Toronto teams, so for me, Toronto FC works perfectly.

s2cazz
02-16-2010, 11:48 PM
But you also like Inter. :D lol

TBH, I wouldn't really be too big on an 'Inter Toronto.' No need to differentiate ourselves from any other Toronto teams, so for me, Toronto FC works perfectly.

We'd be winning if we were inter lol

Super
02-16-2010, 11:51 PM
It's no more proper than Inter.
Get over yourself.

We'll agree to disagree. "FC" doesn't insult or turn anyone away, and is properly used by clubs in pretty much every single league on the planet. Inter, to most, would remind people (more than some) of Inter Milan - and you know it.

boban
02-17-2010, 12:02 AM
We'll agree to disagree. "FC" doesn't insult or turn anyone away, and is properly used by clubs in pretty much every single league on the planet. Inter, to most, would remind people (more than some) of Inter Milan - and you know it.
Of course it would. And whats wrong with that?!!!!
You think it's insulting???!! :picard:

Man you need to check yourself in somewhere.

AL-MO
02-17-2010, 12:02 AM
We'd be winning if we were inter lol

If by that you mean Mo Johnston would not be involved, then YES they'd be winning.

:D

s2cazz
02-17-2010, 12:04 AM
I dunno Mo reminds me of the other Mo... Arrogant and full of shit...

AL-MO
02-17-2010, 12:07 AM
I dunno Mo reminds me of the other Mo... Arrogant and full of shit...

Thanks, that is one hell of a compliment. :drum:

s2cazz
02-17-2010, 12:09 AM
Thanks, that is one hell of a compliment. :drum:

I guess that could be read as Mo as in AL-Mo or Jose Mo..either way works!:flare:

Ossington Mental Youth
02-17-2010, 12:17 AM

massive cosign

whats wrong with it reminding people of Inter Milan?
I dont support them, i dont want to support them, i will never support them and i dont want anything or anyone to think i support them

People want a team with its own identity, sure Toronto FC is not stunningly original but it allowed for the supporters to create their own vision of the team, one that wasnt in the shadow of a super club else where. I wouldnt want real toronto, or ac toronto, or werder toronto, dynamo toronto, red star toronto or toronto united just like i wouldnt want a disney sounding name either

Super
02-17-2010, 12:26 AM
Of course it would. And whats wrong with that?!!!!
You think it's insulting???!! :picard:

Man you need to check yourself in somewhere.

First of all, grow up!

Second of all, I don't think it's a good idea for a new club to name itself after another club, especially when we have ZERO link with them - period. That's my point of view. If you don't like it then it sucks to be you.

boban
02-17-2010, 12:29 AM
Second of all, I don't think it's a good idea for a new club to name itself after another club, especially when we have ZERO link with them - period. That's my point of view. If you don't like it then it sucks to be you.
Well there are other Inters, not just Milan.
Just like there are other FC's.

Super
massive cosign

I dont support them, i dont want to support them, i will never support them and i dont want anything or anyone to think i support them

People want a team with its own identity, sure Toronto FC is not stunningly original but it allowed for the supporters to create their own vision of the team, one that wasnt in the shadow of a super club else where. I wouldnt want real toronto, or ac toronto, or werder toronto, dynamo toronto, red star toronto or toronto united just like i wouldnt want a disney sounding name either

Absolutely - you're right on the money. Most people feel exactly the way you do, and that's why we're Toronto FC. We opted not to take a club name, but instead just be Toronto! Toronto FC! In a way, to me at least, it's a rejection of the "Wizards" and "Earthquakes" and other dumb names like that. Why need a name? I grew up supporting Aalborg BK (BK = FC) and for 115+ years it's had that name. It's about as traditional, and pure (yes, I said it) as it can be in football-terms.

s2cazz
First of all, grow up!

International Toronto would have been a fine name. It is and should be a club made up of diverse players with a variety of heritages... That makes it fine. Besides the name is the name theres no going back. Holy crap lighten up people.

Super
02-17-2010, 12:33 AM
Well there are other Inters, not just Milan.
Just like there are other FC's.

That is true, and while that does make for a good argument I honestly can't name more than one (Inter Milan). Most people would say the same thing (if they're like me and into the Prem, only). And even if you could, you'd still look at Toronto Inter, and go "Come on, seriously? Inter? Why not Rangers or Spartak". I'm just happy we're kinda outside of the whole name thing.. We're Toronto FC! Or just simply Toronto. I like that myself.

Super
02-17-2010, 12:35 AM
International Toronto would have been a fine name. It is and should be a club made up of diverse players with a variety of heritages... That makes it fine. Besides the name is the name theres no going back. Holy crap lighten up people.

Our club is not made up of anymore diverse players than you'd find anywhere else in the league. Toronto is multicultural, sure, and that is why Inter would've been a proper name - although I still prefer FC. I just think a lot of people would've laughed at it, that's all. I'm glad we've avoided that.

s2cazz
02-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Our club is not made up of anymore diverse players than you'd find anywhere else in the league. Toronto is multicultural, sure, and that is why Inter would've been a proper name - although I still prefer FC. I just think a lot of people would've laughed at it, that's all. I'm glad we've avoided that.

I agree that Toronto FC is a good name... I'm just saying that nothing is wrong with inter. The only people who would have laughed at it are people who think names like the wizards are ok or the same idiots who think that wearing another teams kit as long as its red to BMO is alright. RSL is a totaly different case which I'm sure we don't need to get into. But inter would have been fine. It just didn't go well because TFC fans are predominantly EPL fans. The rest of us are a minority.

AC, AS, CD and all the rest are not ok because that is not what we are. But we are diverse. And as of right now we are the only team in a country that celebrates diversity rather than the US which tolerates it.

Super
02-17-2010, 01:04 AM
I agree that Toronto FC is a good name... I'm just saying that nothing is wrong with inter. The only people who would have laughed at it are people who think names like the wizards are ok or the same idiots who think that wearing another teams kit as long as its red to BMO is alright. RSL is a totaly different case which I'm sure we don't need to get into. But inter would have been fine. It just didn't go well because TFC fans are predominantly EPL fans. The rest of us are a minority.

AC, AS, CD and all the rest are not ok because that is not what we are. But we are diverse. And as of right now we are the only team in a country that celebrates diversity rather than the US which tolerates it.

I think you are definitely right about that one. However, if you say "Inter" I immediately think of Inter Milan. Don't you? I'd prefer not to have a name that would make people think of another club. That would be my main argument against "Inter". Not that it matters now anyway.

But anyway, to bring it back to the original topic, I'm personally happy that the name of Chivas USA is history. I hope they'll come up with a better name, and one that doesn't copy the name of someone else. In the end though, I'll put "sucks" after their name :D

ilikemusic
02-17-2010, 02:17 AM
I sorta liked Chivas USA's identity. As convoluted as it may have been.

Hopefully they get an original colour scheme in their rebranding. They should rip off the Lakers gold and purple or the Kings/Raiders black and silver.

As for the Inter argument, when I hear Inter I think Milan. Just like when I hear United I think Manchester and when I hear Real I think Madrid.

The whole point of using 'FC' really is just so that the team can be simply known as Toronto. Referring to them persistently as 'Toronto FC' seems really superfluous to me.

twistedchinaman
02-17-2010, 02:32 AM
Landycakes = She-Ra??

:smilielol5:

Oh snap!

C.D.L.A. works IMO, I would go for that and keep it simple, nothing too stupid. If they're moving to San Diego, then it could be C.D.A.C. (Club Deportivo Alta California)

twistedchinaman
02-17-2010, 02:33 AM
massive cosign

Don't forget Lokomotiv Toronto...:D

Super
02-17-2010, 03:23 AM
I sorta liked Chivas USA's identity. As convoluted as it may have been.

Hopefully they get an original colour scheme in their rebranding. They should rip off the Lakers gold and purple or the Kings/Raiders black and silver.

As for the Inter argument, when I hear Inter I think Milan. Just like when I hear United I think Manchester and when I hear Real I think Madrid.

The whole point of using 'FC' really is just so that the team can be simply known as Toronto. Referring to them persistently as 'Toronto FC' seems really superfluous to me.

Exactly! I love the idea of just being "Toronto". No need for the FC, ever, really. We're Toronto. Ohhh Torontoooooo.... :)

Bars92
02-17-2010, 08:46 AM

C'mon dude, if the jerseys are red then its alright. I see nothing wrong with wearing a Liverpool, Munich or AC Milan jersey to the games. What I can't stand is the Celtic tops which look totally out of place!

Oldtimer
02-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Absolutely - you're right on the money. Most people feel exactly the way you do, and that's why we're Toronto FC. We opted not to take a club name, but instead just be Toronto! Toronto FC! In a way, to me at least, it's a rejection of the "Wizards" and "Earthquakes" and other dumb names like that. Why need a name? I grew up supporting Aalborg BK (BK = FC) and for 115+ years it's had that name. It's about as traditional, and pure (yes, I said it) as it can be in football-terms.

They certainly aren't traditional soccer club names, but each of the two names mentioned has links to their local history. The Earthquakes links in with NASL history, the "Wizards" link to the celebrated novel.

Now "REAL Salt Lake" is really stupid, as their is nothing "royal" about a republican (as in anti-monarchist) nation like the U.S.A.

koryo
02-17-2010, 08:56 AM
Is this thread about our now goat-less league or that we're not called Inter-Toronto?

If you're not Italian, Inter-Toronto is just pretentious. In my mind there's only one Internazionale. So enough, we're just rehashing the same crap thread from season one.

But no goats huh? If MLS wants to follow the Royal Mormon path in their naming, then I submit the following:

Red Star LA (go on MLS, I dare you to call them this)
Partizan LA
Los Angeles City
Los Angeles Rovers
AC LA
Athletico LA

or if they wish to swing in favour of the more North American style names:

LA Projects
LA Drive-bys
LA Smoggies
LA Silicon Implants
LA Confidentials

Ossington Mental Youth
02-17-2010, 09:22 AM
Don't forget Lokomotiv Toronto...:D

HAHA i would have made an exception there

Beach_Red
02-17-2010, 09:29 AM
It just didn't go well because TFC fans are predominantly EPL fans. The rest of us are a minority.

And people like me are REALLY in the minority - MLS is the only soccer I follow. I would not have been as interested if the team had an "ethnic" name or one that was too reminisent of some European team. I have no interest in European teams.

I'm North American and my tradition is that teams have names like Earthquakes and Wizards. I see it as different tradition but no less valid.

The question is, does MLS need people like me in order to become a major sport in North America?

Oldtimer
02-17-2010, 09:34 AM
LA Confidentials

:smilielol5:

jaahuuu
02-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Like what happened with Chivas, if TFC had been owned by Inter Milan (or Massimo Moratti) you can pretty much guarantee that the name would have been Inter Toronto.

This close to the start of the season I'm guessing Chivas new branding will be something simple, like keeping the colors and logo the same and changing the name to CD Los Angeles.

Oldtimer
02-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Like what happened with Chivas, if TFC had been owned by Inter Milan (or Massimo Moratti) you can pretty much guarantee that the name would have been Inter Toronto.

... and there is no way there would be 20,000 people in the stands. There are a lot of Inter Milan fans in Toronto, but not 20,000 who would also watch MLS. Which supports my original point that Chivas should rebrand to something more generic. CD LA would be good.

Hitcho
02-17-2010, 10:04 AM
I agree we should not have chosen a name that was derived from a well known and distinctive sounding team elsewhere. Those names are all good, but they are now the names of other teams. You wouldn't exepct a new ice hockey team in england to call itself the Taunton Maple Leafs or the Derby Red Wings. This is no different really.

We are Toronto FC. Although to me, we're TFC. When you say "Toronto" it could in theory mean any of the TO teams. When you say "TFC", it's us, and only us. I love that. And if we were called Inter or Real or anything else along those lines, that would not be the case.

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

Beach_Red
02-17-2010, 10:38 AM
I agree we should not have chosen a name that was derived from a well known and distinctive sounding team elsewhere. Those names are all good, but they are now the names of other teams. You wouldn't exepct a new ice hockey team in england to call itself the Taunton Maple Leafs or the Derby Red Wings. This is no different really.

We are Toronto FC. Although to me, we're TFC. When you say "Toronto" it could in theory mean any of the TO teams. When you say "TFC", it's us, and only us. I love that. And if we were called Inter or Real or anything else along those lines, that would not be the case.

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

Actually in the UK Elite League there are the Nottingham Panthers, Edinburgh Capitals, Sheffield Steelers, Coventry Blaze and so on. They make sense for the cities they're in but they're clearly based on NHL or American sports leagues teams (I do wonder if Coventry Blaze was controversial - kind of like the Atlanta Flames....)

Would it have been weird to name them Edinburgh HC?

Stryker
02-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Is this thread about our now goat-less league or that we're not called Inter-Toronto?

Apparantly it's the latter. :facepalm:

Blizzard
02-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Actually in the UK Elite League there are the Nottingham Panthers, Edinburgh Capitals, Sheffield Steelers, Coventry Blaze and so on. They make sense for the cities they're in but they're clearly based on NHL or American sports leagues teams (I do wonder if Coventry Blaze was controversial - kind of like the Atlanta Flames....)

Better than Coventry Cathedrals.

Parkdale
02-17-2010, 11:06 AM
;892621']Hillarious......but

http://i-trepreneur.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/retard.jpg

making a crack like that at a moderator of the forum your posting in?

Pot, meet kettle.

tfcmanu
02-17-2010, 11:31 AM
San Diego Toros -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego_Toros

San Diego Boca FC -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego_Boca_FC

San Diego Sockers -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego_Sockers_(NASL)
http://sdsockers.com/

San Diego Jaws -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego_Jaws

Balboa Stadium -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balboa_Stadium

I like San Diego Deportivo.

rocker
02-17-2010, 11:34 AM
LA Cosmos.

olegunnar
02-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Maybe call them the LA Rams.

It's close to goats.

rocker
02-17-2010, 11:42 AM
LA Goatees.

tfcmanu
02-17-2010, 11:51 AM
CALI DEPORTIVO - Home Depo as there shirt sponsor!

tfcleeds
02-17-2010, 11:54 AM

Haha, Werder Toronto. That would be right up there in terms of ridiculousness with calling a team Crystal Palace Baltimore (oops, I forgot, there IS one of those). But I would have been partial to Borussia Toronto myself...;)

tfcleeds
02-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Los Angeles Angels of Carson, California.

jabbronies
02-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Since they play in Carson, California, why not call them CD Carson...or something.

or Atletico Los Angeles?

This is such a joke. the fact that there are two teams in L.A. makes it harder for me to take this thread seriously. :P
Does anyone know the reason why they though two teams in L.A. was a good idea?

Stryker
02-17-2010, 12:00 PM
CALI DEPORTIVO

I quite like that.
:thumbsup:

canadian_bhoy
02-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Carson Crips?

Parkdale
02-17-2010, 12:05 PM
San Diego Sockers -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego_Sockers_(NASL (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego_Sockers_%28NASL))
http://sdsockers.com/

hahahahaha... that's the worst name EVER.

How about the Hamilton Hockeys and the Baltimore Baseballs?

Hitcho
02-17-2010, 12:11 PM

Sheffield is famous for its steel and Edinburg is the capital of scotland, so I don't think there's anything of note there. Coventry was bombed senseless by the germans in WWII and suffered some massive fires as a result, not least on the old cathedral which has plaques no the few remaining walls detailing the famous old blaze that took place there. So that name has city specific significance too. Not too many Panthers in Nottingham as far as I know though! :D

Anyway back on topic, I think Chivas would be a good candidate to rebrand and shift the franchise. Or do they score good attendance numbers? Someone posted above that we should be aiming for 20 solid franchises with solid support. I agree. You need that as a base for the league. Only if we can achieve that and it looks like there's scope for the league and sport to grow further should the league expand beyind those numbers. Otherwise we'll end up with a number of secure franchises and a revolving door of teams/franchises that come and go like ships in the night, and that's not good for anyone.

tfcleeds
02-17-2010, 12:16 PM
Maybe they should just change their name to Chivas Regal...I'd drink to that! :drinking:

Parkdale
02-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Maybe they should just change their name to Chivas Regal...I'd drink to that! :drinking:

we have a winner!

that's much better than Goatse.cx

jabbronies
02-17-2010, 12:57 PM
we have a winner!

that's much better than Goatse.cx

Maybe they can keep the Goats and be called the Carson Sheep Hearders and thier mascot can be the loveable Balki Bartokomous from Perfect Strangers.

now that's MLS marketing for you!

Tezza
02-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Toronto Hotspur!!

Fort York Redcoat
02-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Inter Toronto again??? Sore losers.

Hurry up and rename the goats already. I'm sure whatever they choose will be ridiculed.

AL-MO
02-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Red Star LA

:flare::flare:

jaahuuu
02-17-2010, 02:25 PM

Have you seen the Basingstoke Bison logo?

http://www.eurohockey.net/logos/uk/basib.gif

It had to have been done by the same guy who did the old Buffalo Sabres logo.

Parkdale
02-17-2010, 02:32 PM
can be the loveable Balki Bartokomous from Perfect Strangers.

And they can play the LA Cousin Larrys.

tfcmanu
02-17-2010, 03:35 PM
CABRAS DEPORTIVO LA

haha!:drinking:

Keystone FC
02-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Real Salt Lake vs. Chivas Regal

BATTLE ROYALE!
:flare::flare::flare:

canadian_bhoy
02-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Carson City Cobra Kai's.
http://www.cobrakaidojo.com/cobrakai300dpi.jpg

Keystone FC
02-17-2010, 03:56 PM
How about:
Ciudad Los Angeles (Basically City of Angels)
It keeps the Chivas flavor (Mexican) and it's supporters but is able to recreate itself brandwise without becoming generic like: LA Stars or LA Surf.
Plus it keeps that Inner City vs. Hollywood rival going with the Gals.
The only problem I could see is with the Angels (Baseball) club. If CLA markets itself with angels kicking a soccer ball then the Baseabll club could call 'FOUL BALL!' on the rebranding of the soccer club.

Keystone FC
02-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Carson City Cobra Kai's.
http://www.cobrakaidojo.com/cobrakai300dpi.jpg
Theme for the 2010 season:
SWEEP THE LEG!

tfcleeds
02-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Theme for the 2010 season:
SWEEP THE LEG!

First signing: William Zabka.

"Attaboy, Johnny, put him in a body bag, yeahhh!"

Keystone FC
02-17-2010, 04:19 PM
First signing: William Zabka.

"Attaboy, Johnny, put him in a body bag, yeahhh!"
Martin Kove will be the Manager. At the press conference he gave what his vision of the club will be:
Defeat does not exist in this club, does it?
Pain does not exist in this club, does it?
Fear does not exist in this club, does it?
No mercy!

Hitcho
02-17-2010, 10:13 PM
We do not train to be merciful here - mercy is for the weak!

STRIKE HARD
STRIKE FAST
NO MERCY SIR!!!

EDIT - although, that would leave the club very vulnerable to the crane kick becasue, if do right, no can defend...

s2cazz
02-17-2010, 10:32 PM
We do not train to be merciful here - mercy is for the weak!

STRIKE HARD
STRIKE FAST
NO MERCY SIR!!!

EDIT - although, that would leave the club very vulnerable to the crane kick becasue, if do right, no can defend...

I am getting a banner idea lol

tfcleeds
02-17-2010, 11:09 PM
LOL...

Sweep the Leg by No More Kings

mlpgx4rtsKs

s2cazz
02-17-2010, 11:37 PM
http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac63/s2cazz/RPB/GoldLeaf.jpg

jaahuuu
02-18-2010, 08:48 AM
Chivas USA not being rebranded?

Major League Soccer spokesman Dan Courtemanche said the case does not apply to Chivas USA.

“Chivas USA has protected its brand in the United States and Canada and is not involved with any of the legal proceedings in Mexico,” Courtemanche said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-chivastrademark&prov=ap&type=lgns

koryo
02-18-2010, 09:03 AM
The goats are staying? That's too baaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhd.

Thank you, you've been a terrific audience.

canadian_bhoy
02-18-2010, 09:22 AM
I still think they should change the name to Cobra Kai's.

This could be their team mascot!

http://pics.blameitonthevoices.com/102009/karate_kid_shower_costume.jpg

and this could be their song when they win the MLS Cup
-Qae_TUTeGo

nobodybeatsthewiz
02-18-2010, 11:02 AM
^ i said joe montainya!!

Keystone FC
02-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Chivas USA not being rebranded?

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-chivastrademark&prov=ap&type=lgns

well it was fun while it lasted.

canadian_bhoy
02-18-2010, 11:34 AM
^ i said joe montainya!!

Joe Montainya is a quarterback you crazy asshole.

Keystone FC
02-18-2010, 11:34 AM
The goats are staying? That's too baaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhd.

Thank you, you've been a terrific audience.
:facepalm::picard::facepalm::picard::facepalm::pic ard::facepalm:

Heart of Stone
02-20-2010, 07:44 PM
TFC played its first ever regular season game vs. Chivas USA... I remember Gerry Dobson calling the game on the Score, I believe... we lost.