PDA

View Full Version : Full team, when will we have one again?

Ossington Mental Youth
06-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Still got alot of national friendlies and qualifiers, anyone know the exact date we will have our full roster back?

rocker
06-16-2008, 08:18 AM
everyone should be back for the June 28th game, until late-August when the next round of qualifying starts.

Marshall, Edu and Amado are back for the 21st... but I think Brennan and Sutts are playing the day before in Montreal so they might not be back til after that game.

akoto
06-16-2008, 08:21 AM
I can't wait!

Ossington Mental Youth
06-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Thanks

rocker
06-16-2008, 08:26 AM
it'll come just in time.. June 28 is an away game. TFC needs all reinforcements on the road.

icecoldbeer
06-16-2008, 08:37 AM
It looks like Amado should be back this weekend. Honduras is done their 2 legs for WCQ's. (Honduras advanced, so we will lose him again in the future)

Marshall played a full 90 for the reggae boys. 2nd leg for them is this Wednesday (June 18th).

Brennan and Sutton play this Friday in MTL, they should be able to catch a flight and make it back to T-dot for 3pm Saturday (depending on how tired they are and if they actually use Onstad and play Jimmy B for more than 2 mins).

Edu didn't register any time yesterday in the USA's 8-0 win over Barbados. 2nd leg is this Sunday in the Barbados. I'm guessing he won't be with us.

Reference:Game Reports found here
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/standings/index.html
(also googled some schedule dates)

rocker
06-16-2008, 09:44 AM
It looks like Amado should be back this weekend. Honduras is done their 2 legs for WCQ's. (Honduras advanced, so we will lose him again in the future)

Marshall played a full 90 for the reggae boys. 2nd leg for them is this Wednesday (June 18th).

Brennan and Sutton play this Friday in MTL, they should be able to catch a flight and make it back to T-dot for 3pm Saturday (depending on how tired they are and if they actually use Onstad and play Jimmy B for more than 2 mins).

Edu didn't register any time yesterday in the USA's 8-0 win over Barbados. 2nd leg is this Sunday in the Barbados. I'm guessing he won't be with us.
And with that 8-0 score, they can run out the guys who aren't in seasons for the return leg (and give them a little caribbean vacation :)

Reference:Game Reports found here
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/standings/index.html
(also googled some schedule dates)

Edu's facebook says he's back in Toronto tomorrow... so I don't think he's doing the second leg. maybe with the 8-0 score they'll go with the guys not in seasons.

TFC Cityboy
06-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Not that we need them ;) but are Sutty, Jimmy B, Tyrone and Mo back for this weekend? I know Che is back from Honduras...

With Canada playing Friday night, I wonder if Sutty and Jimmy will fly straight back Saturday AM or late Friday and be available (if picked).
Cheers

Toronto Ruffrider
06-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Not that we need them ;) but are Sutty, Jimmy B, Tyrone and Mo back for this weekend? I know Che is back from Honduras...

With Canada playing Friday night, I wonder if Sutty and Jimmy will fly straight back Saturday AM or late Friday and be available (if picked).
Cheers

Even if it's logistically possible, really doubt Sutton and JimmyB will able to play back-to-back games. Of course, this is assuming that both of these players receive a fair amount of playing time on Friday.

rocker
06-16-2008, 03:57 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=2031

deschamp86
06-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Doesn't matter either way. They wouldn't be starting for TFC anyways. Carver won't be changing the lineup after winning 3-1.

Bobo
06-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Doesn't matter either way. They wouldn't be starting for TFC anyways. Carver won't be changing the lineup after winning 3-1.

I would hope Harmse is benched if we get guys back.

Steve
06-16-2008, 04:08 PM

I kind of hope that isn't true. I mean, I agree with the whole "you earn your shirt, if you play well, you deserve to stay" but what about the players that didn't play well, do they stay as well? I mean, Harmse had a horrible (par for the course) game, are we leaving him in and benching Edu/Guevera? Are we going to stick with Cunningham/Dichio up front, or bench Cunningham for Guevera, bringing him on for the entire second half (Dichio is very beat up)?

I do agree though that Edwards did enough to earn his shirt. Dunivant, though not having a spectacular game, might have done likewise. I would also like to see Tebily again, but I don't know if "we win, let's not change anything" is the best plan (though I know you're just repeating what Carver said).

Laurignano
06-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Tebily is really solid in the back line for sure, I would even consider putting him as a Defenisve Mid-field instead of Edu.

J .
06-16-2008, 09:35 PM
It will be nice to have Che back, hopefully drop cunny from the lineup.

Roogsy
06-16-2008, 09:38 PM

Cheers

It will be nice to have Che back, hopefully drop cunny from the lineup.

He isn't Argentinian...oh gawd please don't call him Che...

zeelaw
06-16-2008, 10:13 PM
ya seriously when does amado come back?

rocker
06-16-2008, 10:50 PM
ya seriously when does amado come back?

he's back

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080616&content_id=166020&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

jloome
06-16-2008, 11:31 PM
One of the reasons the Edwards call-out by Carver was so important two weeks ago is that it set the precedent that "you win, you in" isn't an absolute, and you have to follow it up by impressing in training.

Likely what it really adds up to is he'll put the team on the field he best feels able to win, which is what the players will expect as well.