PDA

View Full Version : When are we getting new players in?

trane
02-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Our roster is clearly not complete. There is still some time before the start of the season, but I just hope that we do not , for the fourth season in a row waite for major arrivals untill well into training camp, and certainly well before the start of the season. We need to hit the season ready and with complete roster.

reggie
02-12-2010, 04:33 PM
i agree...but with the lack of info coming out of camp,who knows what the fuck is going on.

Kevvv
02-12-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm guessing they'll wait until the CBA is done before filling spots, so they know what they have to work with. I would hope that players are coming in on trial, and being told to sit tight until the CBA is done, but I can understand that not being announced by the club.

By the way, shouldn't this be a poll question?

trane
02-12-2010, 04:35 PM
I was giving it some time but we are getting too close to have hardly any news. Having said that I would understand if the contract talks pushed everything back. Still Mo needs to ensure that we are ready by the start of the season, for once.

Kevvv
02-12-2010, 04:36 PM
But I completely agree, we need a full roster and a stable one, not a revolving door like it has been every other year.

trane
02-12-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm guessing they'll wait until the CBA is done before filling spots, so they know what they have to work with. I would hope that players are coming in on trial, and being told to sit tight until the CBA is done, but I can understand that not being announced by the club.

By the way, shouldn't this be a poll question?

Hold on I thought the CBA was finished last week, that was why I was expecting some new to start comming out. Is is not done yet?

Kevvv
02-12-2010, 04:40 PM
I believe two key issues were resolved. Today was the extended deadline for the complete agreement.

Nuvinho
02-12-2010, 04:41 PM
here are your new players:

Adam Street (GK)
Hunter Gilstrap (GK)
Dan Gargan (D/M)
Ross Smith (CB)
Ibrahaim Said (CB)
Jorge Andrade (CB) - did not show up for his trial
Maleagi Ngarizemo (CB)
Vincent Kayizzi (MID)
Ibad Muhamadu (FWD)
Kevin Kyle (FWD)
Ilia Javorijan (FWD)

IN CAMP
RUMOURED TO BE ON TRIAL
NO LONGER ON TRIAL
SIGNED

Kevvv
02-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Update: deadline moved to Feb 25, due to snow in the north east US.

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20100211&content_id=8063512&vkey=pr_mls&fext=.jsp

Section 117
02-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Patience is a virtue... Mo is working on it but there are many things that are involved with getting players either from with in the MLS or from abroad

I am not backing Mo, but people in the know have told me that it is not as easy as we all assume it is

Oldtimer
02-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Trane, look at the trialists superthread. That has all the information you need.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=19833

I'll be closing this thread now.