PDA

View Full Version : Jorge Andrade bails on TFC

Damien
02-09-2010, 11:02 PM
According to Kristian Jack's twitter... (http://twitter.com/KristianJack)

Jorge Andrade's trial with #tfc (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23tfc) will not take place. His representatives are unable to track him down in Portugal and he has failed 2 show.

What a fucker!

DichioTFC
02-09-2010, 11:12 PM
has anyone checked his facebook?

Ossington Mental Youth
02-09-2010, 11:16 PM
brutal, that really sucks, im hoping its some sort of mix up, if not i hope he never plays again

jazzy
02-10-2010, 12:48 AM
more fodder to keep us interested, On paper we do we even have a team yet? What happened to the concept of a team getting used to each other....in preseason, same old

Super
02-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Quite frankly, this is the sort of stuff that should get a player black-listed from ALL clubs.

Whoop
02-10-2010, 12:51 AM
Maybe he has a deal with someone else now?

Super
02-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Maybe he has a deal with someone else now?

Yeah, I guess we have to be fair here and understand that all we really had with the guy was an agreement for a trial. No different than not showing up for a job interview I guess. Still, though, I'm disappointed.

SilverSamurai
02-10-2010, 01:58 AM
That's too funny. lol
OMG Haha... Ah well good riddance. Nothing lost, nothing gained.

TFC FORZA RPB
02-10-2010, 02:18 AM
That's great news, why would we wan't someone that doesn't want to play for tfc?

Hitcho
02-10-2010, 07:10 AM
Can't say I'm surprised. He fitted the classic mould of a player acting like a prick tease with an MLS side while he looked at "better" options or just decided he couldn't be arsed.

Not sure I hold out much more hope for Said to be honest! :hide:

Section 117
02-10-2010, 08:14 AM
On a side note Said did something like when he went on trial with Everton.... He actually showed up and then left after a day.

What ever if they don't want to play here I don't want them here

TFC Tifoso
02-10-2010, 08:54 AM
anyone else super excited of the prospect that we start our season with Garcia and Gomez/Attakora as starting CB's?.....'cause I know I am! :rolleyes:......GO GO Super MO!!

billyfly
02-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Not a sniff in the Portuguese papers about this this morning although that doesn't mean anything either.

Pachuco
02-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Well, I'm sure Mo was really banking on this guy to show up as usual. Half way through the season he'll say "we want 4 more defenders, 4 midfielders and 4 strikers". Unfortunately, the defender we had in mind stiffed us so be patient, we should have a defender by mid-season 2012.

ManUtd4ever
02-10-2010, 09:28 AM
What a joke. We're all hanging our hopes on trialists like Andrade and Said to bolster our backline and he doesn't even bother to report to training camp...:picard:

Hitcho
02-10-2010, 09:44 AM
GO GO Super MO!!

:smilielol5:

Hitcho
02-10-2010, 09:47 AM
What ever if they don't want to play here I don't want them here

I agree completely, and that goes for any player, whoever they are and however good they might be (take note, JDG).

But having said that, it's frustrating that the only sniff of defensive reinforcements we've had so far is Andrade and Said and the inevitable is starting to happen as a result. Now we're looking at Garcia as being a starter and aside from one or two spirited claims that "he might be better this year", I think we all know that the general opinion on that is ---> :facepalm:

Lucky Strike
02-10-2010, 09:56 AM
I first read about this piece of news on the Footy Blog's morning links. I quite literally put my face in my palm without even thinking about it. It's overused on the board, but this one truly is a facepalm story.

We were told he was a cunt and I suppose this is more cunt-like behaviour. You hate to assume anything and not give the benefit of the doubt, but the situation isn't leaving us much choice.

Why is it that Egyptian footballers seem to be highly unprofessional? I've read reports that Zaki, Mido and Said are all lousy human beings and I can't think of another Egyptian footballer off the top of my head.

bgnewf
02-10-2010, 09:57 AM
This is a perfect example of why you do not "depend" on triallists. And the way Mo has built this club we depend on them more than virtually any other club in MLS.

I know a lot of the Mo supporters out there have heard this all before but MLS is a playoff league. Getting into the second season year after year is the key to overall success and you do that through consistency of roster and consistency of approach. You find value. You draft well. You develop players from within. And most importantly you do not waste a dime of precious salary cap/allocation dollars. Other than drafting (and even that can be debated in some respects) I give Mo a fail on all these aspects of the job so far. We are running a thin roster. We are tied to a number of underperforming players on wage packets way too high and we find ourselves depending on guys like Andrade to save our bacon.

I love TFC and will be there as a supporter for as long as I draw breath, but I have not been this dismayed about our prospects since we all started on this journey in 2007.

boomcha
02-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Relax.. he's portuguese. He will show up at lunch time. :) Its in our blood to be late.

Ps. I'm portuguese.

JonO
02-10-2010, 10:04 AM
^ Then you should have waited until at least page 2 before commenting on this thread :p

Lucky Strike
02-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Relax.. he's portuguese. He will show up at lunch time. :) Its in our blood to be late.

Ps. I'm portuguese.

D'oh! I accidentally mixed him up with Said. Most embarrassing! Still though, Egyptians players (the real ones :D) I do know of are still unprofessional.

TFC Tifoso
02-10-2010, 10:10 AM
This is a perfect example of why you do not "depend" on triallists. And the way Mo has built this club we depend on them more than virtually any other club in MLS.

I know a lot of the Mo supporters out there have heard this all before but MLS is a playoff league. Getting into the second season year after year is the key to overall success and you do that through consistency of roster and consistency of approach. You find value. You draft well. You develop players from within. And most importantly you do not waste a dime of precious salary cap/allocation dollars. Other than drafting (and even that can be debated in some respects) I give Mo a fail on all these aspects of the job so far. We are running a thin roster. We are tied to a number of underperforming players on wage packets way too high and we find ourselves depending on guys like Andrade to save our bacon.

I love TFC and will be there as a supporter for as long as I draw breath, but I have not been this dismayed about our prospects since we all started on this journey in 2007.

They STILL exist?.......otherwise, well said, I agree!

boomcha
02-10-2010, 10:10 AM
^ Then you should have waited until at least page 2 before commenting on this thread :p

Well played.

Marco2K
02-10-2010, 10:20 AM
damn this is terrible news.
I love TFC and all BUT WHAT A JOKE!!

boomcha
02-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Ok.. maybe he is slow walking to the trial location. He does have bad knees.

Seriously this does suck for TFC. We need to get some reliable.

reggie
02-10-2010, 10:24 AM
typical mo...bringing in these type of players..
his overseas recruiting is brutal,if garcia is a starting cb in columass he should be fired on the spot...

Marco2K
02-10-2010, 10:25 AM
If garcia is a starter i will have some tickets for sale.
I cant be bothered to watch anymore BUSH LEAGUE SOCCER

Section 117
02-10-2010, 10:26 AM
The more I think about it the more I couldn't care less if any of these idiots show up or not. Look at what has happened when we have brought in "quality" players on trial:

Robert - Epic bust, the laziest most unispired player I have ever seen.

Teliby - Very good player, but wife got home sick and he left and he was injured the majority of time any way.

African Kids - Late last season useless and injures a starter on our team.

Andrade - Didn't even show up enough said

At the end of the day if the players are not good enough to give a contract don't even both bring them in as Mo's track record for trialiast is horrible

Beach_Red
02-10-2010, 10:31 AM

Overall, yes, but there's a little inconsistency with, "MLS is a playoff league," and then complaining about running a thin roster. If it's truly a playoff league and the "second season," is most important, wouldn't the best strategy be to just stay close and pick up better talent when foreign players become available in the middle of the season?

Sure, if the talent is available - and willing to come to MLS - sign then when you can, but don't just fill roter spaces with dead weight for the sake of "consistency," we have enough of that.

Was anyone "depending" on guys like Andrade? What was the point difference between TFC and RSL at the end of last season?

Does it really look that bad right now?

reggie
02-10-2010, 10:32 AM
i wonder if SAID is going to show up?
king tut where are you...

Hitcho
02-10-2010, 11:03 AM
The best way to run any club is through consistently finding good value in young players and developing them into first teamers, so that you constantly have a settled, well blended squad put together carefully. However, you always need to balance that out with adding experienced players for various reasons (fill holes, no-one else available in that position, add some nous, etc). MLS is typically a league where the reliaance on expereinced players is heavier than other leagues, so there is defnintely justification for Mo doing so.

However, I think he's tipped the balance too far the wrong way. Yes, when the club started we were heavily dependent on bringin in older players from abroad just to get a squad together. but over the last three seasons there should have been a steady shift to reducing that need. In fairness, Mo has done that and we now have a number of young and/or Canadian players on the books. But it seems as though his first instinct to add to the squad is still the older player from abroad. And he needs to get away from that now. Preki seems to be looking more within MLS (Peterson is the example I guess) but it's maybe too early to tell yet.

Maybe MO, having been schooled and played for the most part in Europe, is naturally untrusting of American talent and would rather see "better" quality players brought in from abroad. But it's nto a good way to sustain a club, even an MLS club, and you're far more likely to get stiffed by these players than you are domestic (North American domestic) talent.

I think his time has already come and gone. I used to support Mo, now I cannot wait to see the back of him. This will hopefully be his last season of having any connection to or role at TFC.

Hitcho
02-10-2010, 11:05 AM
The more I think about it the more I couldn't care less if any of these idiots show up or not.

BRAVO!!!! I applaud you sir!

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

jenkinsm
02-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Maybe TFC decided Andrade was too risky. Who really knows why he didn't show.

Any word on Said? Has he showed up for camp yet? That seemed like a more legitimate story.

Dirk Diggler
02-10-2010, 02:08 PM
I really doubt that Said has anymore interest in TFC than Andrade apparently did. I remember King Tut saying how he essentially laughed at the idea of playing in MLS when it was brought up to him last year. I doubt he has gained any more respect for the league since then. Even if he does show up, he'll probably leave mid-season.

Marco2K
02-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Maybe TFC decided Andrade was too risky. Who really knows why he didn't show.

Any word on Said? Has he showed up for camp yet? That seemed like a more legitimate story.

You really think this move was made by TFC?? I doubt it. He probably found a better club to join.

come on.

In reality where does TFC rank world wide?

MLS is 43 best league in the world. Thats crazy.

King Tut
02-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Why is it that Egyptian footballers seem to be highly unprofessional? I've read reports that Zaki, Mido and Said are all lousy human beings and I can't think of another Egyptian footballer off the top of my head.

Uhhm, because Egyptian clubs spoil their players. I wouldn't go as far as lousy human beings. But we definitely have some of the lousiest professionals in world football. If our players were slightly more professional and prompt, they'd be in the elite clubs of the world. The proof to my point is that Egyptian players wipe the floor with World class African footballers at every chance we get, play the most beautiful/exciting football, yet they fail to last longer than a couple of months at any club.

Most players leave Egypt being superstars and are impatient, get home sick and miss the huge fanbase they have back home. They literally get treated like royalty.

However, there are very few exceptions who showed a lot of professionalism and succeeded on the pitch...

1) El Capitano and Egypt's most capped player, Ahmed Hassan (former Besiktas and Anderlecht)

2) Hany Ramzy (former Neuchâtel Xamax, Werder Bremen, Kaiserslautern)

3) Mohamed Abotrika (he hasn't played in Europe, but the man is the perfect example of discipline, dedication, loyalty and cult status)

TBH, the Egyptian player I always wanted to see in a TFC jersey is Egyptian captain Ahmed Hassan and anyone who watched the last 3 African Nations Cups would know why. No one has more heart, loyalty and professionalism in Egypt's current football system than Ahmed Hassan. That guy should be every young Egyptian player's role model and rightfully so.

Abotrika would've been another choice of mine, but I would bet my life that he'd never come here for personal reasons.

Hitcho
02-10-2010, 04:09 PM
^ yeah yeah, but is Said going to turn up and sign a contract if he's offered one?! :D:D:D

King Tut
02-10-2010, 04:15 PM
^ yeah yeah, but is Said going to turn up and sign a contract if he's offered one?! :D:D:D

He should, but the financial terms might be a hurdle (unless it's already been agreed). I figure with all the high paid players who have left and Andrade not showing up, there will be some space for negotiation. I figure he'd be a $250,000-$300,000/year player at this stage of his career.

Ibrahim Said has no other offers at the time being and if he wants to play football in the near future, I figure he'd be smart enough and come to agreement on a deal with TFC.

However, I've been following Ibrahim Said since he was 18 and he can be very unpredictable.

Hopefully the deal is finalized because I am optimistic that he can make a huge POSITIVE difference when he's focused.

Chevy
02-10-2010, 04:29 PM
^^ Is there a possibility that he may be another Laurent Robert?

Luanda
02-10-2010, 05:24 PM
In the .pt world of late January 2010, there are lots of news about J. Andrade trialiing with Toronto FC. However, I am have been unable to track any piece of info on he and TFC dated February 2010: that he has not shown up to trial with TFC has gone completely silenced in .pt --nothing, absolutely nothing.

twismca
02-10-2010, 05:42 PM
These trials are all screwed by the CBA hold ups. Mo can't talk salary until he knows how much room he has under the cap. These guys probably weren't thrilled when they were told to show up monday and not talk salary for another week or so....

UltraSuperMegaMo
02-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Other MLS teams are trialing and signing players.

rocker
02-10-2010, 06:11 PM
i don't think the CBA negotiations are holding up signings -- but until they solve the CBA negotiations, there's no indication on the cap number or the situation with DPs (DPs were supposed to be reviewed after the 2009 season). that can hold up signings.

My guess is many teams can sign players because they have the cap room and the player isn't waiting to see what happens with the CBA. But for teams at the cap, or with players with agents saying "wait and see," they have to wait and see what happens in case circumstances change.

If the negotiations are over, and a CBA is in place, Garber will know what his costs are gonna be. Then he can say "ok, since we know our costs, the cap is now at 2.8 million and the max salary is 600K and every team gets another DP." Then TFC and other teams can turn around and utilize this.
That's my theory anyway.

jenkinsm
02-11-2010, 10:40 AM
You really think this move was made by TFC?? I doubt it. He probably found a better club to join.

come on.

In reality where does TFC rank world wide?

MLS is 43 best league in the world. Thats crazy.

True...true...

Section 117
02-11-2010, 10:43 AM
The more I think about this, the more I would love to know what the hell he is thinking??? Unless he has decided to retiree as he couldn't even get a contract in Portugal.

billyfly
02-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Looked in the Portuguese papers today again and found nothing on this story.

I_AM_CANADIAN
02-11-2010, 11:19 AM
...There are still Mo supporters? I had a 'wait and see'/'give him time'/'don't judge him so harshly' etc. attitude for the first three years... but I think he's used up all his second chances and excuses. Time for him to deliver, and if he doesn't, then he should go.

Sucks about Andrade not showing up, but things still could change, and he could still end up trialing with TFC.

tfcmanu
02-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Jorge Andrade sittings in South Portugal in Albufeira, Algarve

http://www.beautifulalgarve.com/entertainment-and-nightlife/faro-nightclubs

And training for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SC_Farense he chose to trial with SC Farense due to the fact of staying close to friends & family in Portugal and the weather and nightlife in South Portugal is more to his liking.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b4/JorgeAndrade_1.png/180px-JorgeAndrade_1.png (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/wiki/File:JorgeAndrade_1.png) :facepalm:

I_AM_CANADIAN
02-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Uh... source?

billyfly
02-11-2010, 11:33 AM
^Ha ha I would say so....probably spending more time in Vilamoura with the Big boys

tfcmanu
02-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Uh... source?

http://www.sourceforsports.com/main/membership.php

:rolleyes:

I_AM_CANADIAN
02-11-2010, 11:38 AM
http://www.sourceforsports.com/main/membership.php

:rolleyes:
Uh... I'm not sure you get what I mean, either that, or that was an attempt at wittiness that went over my head.

How do you know Andrade is trialing with another club?

billyfly
02-11-2010, 11:41 AM
I'd like to know as well or your rental in Wasaga will be blacklisted.;)

tfcmanu
02-11-2010, 11:47 AM
I'd like to know as well or your rental in Wasaga will be blacklisted.;)

You guys are funny, Just stirring things up obviously if I have no source I'm just making it up, However I wish Andrade would'nt leave TFC hanging I think there is more to this story we will soon find out. :D:D

I_AM_CANADIAN
02-11-2010, 11:52 AM
*SIIIIGGHHHH...* :facepalm:

So sue me... I fall for everything hook, line and sinker. Damn you people taking advantage of my trusting nature.:facepalm: I think I'll go turn emo now. :facepalm: