PDA

View Full Version : TFC in preseason 2010 (new)

deltox
02-08-2010, 03:17 PM
http://www.mlsnet.com//news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20100208&content_id=8038648&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Reds Squad Heads To Florida
Team will train in Bradenton for two weeks
02/08/2010 2:36 PM
By Luke Wileman / TorontoFC.ca
Toronto FC's players kicked off the second week of preseason with a training session at Lamport Stadium on Monday and then boarded a bus to the airport for a late afternoon flight to Bradenton, Florida.

Toronto head coach Preki is looking forward to start training on grass.
The Reds training camp moves south for the next three weeks and for the fourth year in a row, the team will train at IMG Academies in Bradenton. The squad will then head directly from Bradenton to Orlando for the Walt Disney World Pro Soccer Classic and will not return to train in Toronto until the first week in March.

"It will be great to start to train on grass," said Toronto FC Head Coach Preki. "Training on turf is not easy because players get banged up or have injuries. Now we will really be able to see what everybody is like and it will give us a clear indication of what each player can give us. In Florida we will really be able to start our preparations for the first game of the season."

The team currently has three games scheduled during its time in Bradenton, against University of Central Florida on February 11, University of South Florida on February 14 and D.C. United on February 17.

Marvell Wynne is not in the squad heading to Florida. The defender is going to Los Angeles for a 10 day camp with the U.S. Men's National team beginning on Wednesday.

Toronto FC TV will be with the team throughout preseason to bring you the latest news, interviews and highlights.

CanadaLFC
02-08-2010, 03:26 PM
This time of year is always exciting, I can't wait for the season to start. CMON YOU REDS!!!

Super
02-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Has it been confirmed if the Disney tournament will be on TV - or at least streamed online? I'd love to see those games. They're coming up in just a couple of weeks.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-08-2010, 05:28 PM
i doubt itll be online. im looking forward to seeing who the trialists are that we havent identified yet. preseason is always a hoot

TFC07
02-08-2010, 05:53 PM
GolTV show air some of these games.