...to the national team camp.

So much for no trade value.

http://www.soccerbyives.net

TFC USA
02-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Trade him now!

Fushida
02-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Either way this'll hopefully add some "value" to him.

ag futbol
02-05-2010, 12:09 AM
http://images.wikia.com/muppet/images/8/85/Sellsellsell.jpg

Super
02-05-2010, 12:45 AM
http://images.wikia.com/muppet/images/8/85/Sellsellsell.jpg

Bahahaha!! Nice one!

Oldtimer
02-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Maybe he's not as much crap as some people here like to think.

Still, it's hard to see him fitting in Preki's plans. Good chance for a trade.

TFC FORZA RPB
02-05-2010, 11:09 AM

He is not crap, everyone has been harping on him for atleast the past two seasons, he is able to play a risk type game because of his speed, he can play further up the field, although i will give you this "his crossing may need some work but not as much as Jimmy B's"

And yes he has made a few mistakes but at the same time i would rather see him on the field any day over Garcia, or long gone, Valez

mastermixer
02-05-2010, 11:16 AM
On the contrary... maybe Wynn was misused due to Cummins brutal lack of tactics last season. Obviously the guys got talent, hopefully Preki will figure out a way to maximize him.

jloome
02-05-2010, 12:12 PM
I think we're all too used to European play. Marvell is a serviceable right back in this league, maybe even a good one for MLS. But he's still a rotten defender.

People say he can't handle the ball, but on several occasions last season he created offensive forays by walking through several opposing players. He's strong, he crosses marginally well (i.e. it's in the box, anyway).

He just tracks back too slowly and, once he has his man on the byline or cornered on the touchline, he's too aggressive on the tackle, giving a good dribbler a chanceto beat him, when he should just be marking his man out of the play.

Those are correctable problems, so I'm of mixed opinion. If we got something really good for him, maybe it's worth it.

If Adam Street is as good as his early rep at West Ham (although if he is, why is he here?), then maybe it'd be a blockbuster deal, like Wynne and Frei to Houston for Cameron and Ching, or something like that.

Section 117
02-05-2010, 12:54 PM

IMO there is no trade value for Wynne. I think the only reason he gets called is that there is no one else in North America to play RB. If the full US squad was there I bet there would be no chance he would be on the team. I read somewhere I will find the link that Wynne is the 4 or 5th choice at RB.

And I agree I can't see Preki liking him as he is useless defensively

FootieChick
02-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Wynn is my fav player... he runs like hell! I don't see many other players hustling like he does... but yes, he does need to learn how to control the ball a bit better. I told him if he scored 3 goals this year I was takin' him to dinner... we'll see! haha

Dbl_D
02-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Wynn is my fav player... he runs like hell! I don't see many other players hustling like he does... but yes, he does need to learn how to control the ball a bit better. I told him if he scored 3 goals this year I was takin' him to dinner... we'll see! haha

I agree... and will help pay if it happens... Captain Marvell to the rescue... :)

SvenFlu
02-05-2010, 06:51 PM
IMO there is no trade value for Wynne. I think the only reason he gets called is that there is no one else in North America to play RB. If the full US squad was there I bet there would be no chance he would be on the team. I read somewhere I will find the link that Wynne is the 4 or 5th choice at RB.

And I agree I can't see Preki liking him as he is useless defensively

There's actually an entire thread on bigsoccer about banning him from the U.S. National Team :rolleyes: