PDA

View Full Version : How big are the canada cup games at bmo gonna be?

adampz
06-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Im pretty sure those are the last two games im gonna get to see for the rest of the season so im hoping theyre gonna be exciting ones. I know its a weekday game, but im hoping the game is sold out, and the south end is gonna be electric. Will it be like any other saturday league game? or a weekday game where everyone outside of the south end doesnt show up?

TFC Cityboy
06-15-2008, 07:00 PM
somewhere beetween those extremes, I'd say...I doubt it'll be a sell out and the ground will fill up late as usual on a midweek match

RealG-TFC
06-15-2008, 08:08 PM
fuck that1 I;m already wondering about Champions League games!

werewolf
06-15-2008, 08:09 PM
there are still a few thousand tickets left, but the bunker will inevitably be full and rocking like usual.

Dirk Diggler
06-15-2008, 08:43 PM
I don't see why the games shouldn't be a sell out. We've had midweek games before that sold out no problem. This should be no different. I realize that the opponents are not from the MLS but that shouldn't make a difference in my opinion. Aside from the ones who follow the MLS, I get this feeling that not a whole lot of people who attend the game at BMO know much about their opponents.

Red CB Toronto
06-15-2008, 08:57 PM
I am sure July 1st will be soldout and rocking, what a great way to spend a holiday down by the lake, watching some great footy, I am looking forward to seeing POZ and Serge back at BMO Field, it will be a fun day.

giambac
06-15-2008, 09:12 PM
I don't see why the games shouldn't be a sell out. We've had midweek games before that sold out no problem. This should be no different. I realize that the opponents are not from the MLS but that shouldn't make a difference in my opinion. Aside from the ones who follow the MLS, I get this feeling that not a whole lot of people who attend the game at BMO know much about their opponents.

I here that these games are from from a sellout. that's why TFC has really been pushing the marketing of these games. apparently quite a few season ticket holders didn't purchase tickets for these games. I'm hearing that it is a combination of 3 reasons

1) TFC/MLSE went about selling the 2 CC games as a package. Fans had to purchase tickets for both games. They weren't offered the option of purchasing only one game. I think this was a mistake because some fans only wanted to purchase 1 game not both.

2) The first game falls on July 1- Canada day. Several people go away for the long weekend and the date isn't conveniient for them

3) Some people although interested in the Concacaf tournammant aren't interested in watching USL teams. If TFC qualifies as Canada's team, they may purchase tickets for the next round of competition.

I'm hearin that these games may get approx 17-18k tops unless there is big movement in the next month.

Blizzard
06-15-2008, 09:18 PM
I here that these games are from from a sellout. that's why TFC has really been pushing the marketing of these games. apparently quite a few season ticket holders didn't purchase tickets for these games. I'm hearing that it is a combination of 3 reasons

1) TFC/MLSE went about selling the 2 CC games as a package. Fans had to purchase tickets for both games. They weren't offered the option of purchasing only one game. I think this was a mistake because some fans only wanted to purchase 1 game not both.

2) The first game falls on July 1- Canada day. Several people go away for the long weekend and the date isn't conveniient for them

3) Some people although interested in the Concacaf tournammant aren't interested in watching USL teams. If TFC qualifies as Canada's team, they may purchase tickets for the next round of competition.

I'm hearin that these games may get approx 17-18k tops unless there is big movement in the next month.

Those numbers will be nothing to complain about.

My hope is that one friendly and two Canada Cup tickets will be part of next year's season ticket package.

I could live with no friendlies and only the two CC matches.

B

rocker
06-15-2008, 09:33 PM
If they get 17000-18000 for the Montreal game on a tuesday that'll be huge for a first time tournament where they had no idea what the interest level would be.

and remember that it would be 17000-18000 @ regular prices and the players don't get paid any more for playing the extra games......

noochie
06-15-2008, 09:39 PM
where are the waiting list members?? they should be snapping up these babies...

icecoldbeer
06-15-2008, 09:41 PM
there are still a few thousand tickets left, but the bunker will inevitably be full and rocking like usual.

I heard there are 4,000 tickets available.

So if you people have friends, show them how much they mean to you and spread the TFC love :canada:

Esquire
06-15-2008, 09:59 PM
where are the waiting list members?? they should be snapping up these babies...

I'm on the waiting list and I grabbed the max. 4 for both games. Can't wait!

noochie
06-15-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm on the waiting list and I grabbed the max. 4 for both games. Can't wait!

Nice! I had no idea they were capping sales...

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Im pretty sure those are the last two games im gonna get to see for the rest of the season so im hoping theyre gonna be exciting ones. I know its a weekday game, but im hoping the game is sold out, and the south end is gonna be electric. Will it be like any other saturday league game? or a weekday game where everyone outside of the south end doesnt show up?

if its a saturday or weekday the fans don't show up on time, that goes for the leafs ,jays, Rock, Raptors, it;'s a toronto thing. Transit can be blamed for some but not all, lets hope this event goes well, what is really need is a couple of more Canadian USL entries to make it a bigger deal.

Red CB Toronto
06-15-2008, 10:09 PM
You can as of now buy tickets to just one of the games if that is what you want, you no longer need to purchase the tickets, I see no reason why these games should not sell out.

TFC111
06-15-2008, 10:25 PM
I think there are a lot of seats available in the middle sections. So ever you wanted to go into the business seats and stand up all game, sing, chant and shout while sticking it to the man the go for it call them and get some seats.

Canary Canuck
06-15-2008, 11:16 PM
The cheap seats are all sold out but nobody wants to pay premium prices to see USL teams hence the most expensive seats are the ones still available.