so we are all hearing rap music?

Blizzard
02-04-2010, 01:06 PM
so we are all hearing rap music?

Yup. Delayed to 1:10.

SmokedPanda
02-04-2010, 01:08 PM
TFC's 2010 NCC Schedule:
Wednesday, April 28, home to Montreal Impact at 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 12, at Montreal Impact at 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 19, at Vancouver Whitecaps at 10:00 p.m.
Wednesday, June 2, home to Vancouver Whitecaps at 8:00 p.m.
Other NCC matches:
May 5, Vancouver home to Montreal at 10:00 p.m.
May 26, Montreal home to Vancouver at 8:00 p.m.

deltox
02-04-2010, 01:13 PM
all games on rogers

MartinUtd
02-04-2010, 01:14 PM
All Wednesdays?

Lame.

Blizzard
02-04-2010, 01:15 PM
All Wednesdays?

Lame.

That is a disappointment but a not unexpected disappointment.

Six Wednesday's in a row is good for building a sustained TV audience though.

London
02-04-2010, 01:15 PM
fuck off with the mid week games!!

Whoop
02-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Exactly...

Give me weekend night games!

Lucky Strike
http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/schedule/2010/

To see where the matches fit in with the MLS games.

SmokedPanda
i was really hoping for a Saturday game in montreal DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!

lintberg
Yeah, I really wanted to go back to Montreal again this year...but on a Wednesday....can't do it....that sucks!!

Whoop
02-04-2010, 01:18 PM
I figured it would be a midweek game in Montreal... but I was dreaming for a Saturday night match though I knew it would not likely be possible.

Especially with the WC this year.

rowan
02-04-2010, 01:19 PM
"maybe I can ask Preki to say a few words..." and my feed crashes *sigh*

London
my vid froze

Banjax
i know exact same thing happens to me as well

Blizzard
02-04-2010, 01:20 PM
"maybe I can ask Preki to say a few words..." and my feed crashes *sigh*

Not just yours.

Lucky Strike
02-04-2010, 01:20 PM
TFC's 2010 NCC Schedule:
Wednesday, April 28, home to Montreal Impact at 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 12, at Montreal Impact at 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 19, at Vancouver Whitecaps at 10:00 p.m.
Wednesday, June 2, home to Vancouver Whitecaps at 8:00 p.m.

Other NCC matches:
May 5, Vancouver home to Montreal at 10:00 p.m.
May 26, Montreal home to Vancouver at 8:00 p.m.

In terms of scheduling with other MLS matches, the first match follows a home match, the third match in Vancouver follows an away game to LA and the fourth match adds an extra home game to our huge home stand in July.

Only the second match, where we have a home game, then an away at Montreal, then away at LA, is the only one that causes any significantly increased travel. Not too bad.

deltox
02-04-2010, 01:21 PM
maybe the camera guy has heard Preki in interviews before!

Strikers
02-04-2010, 01:22 PM
I don't understand why you guys are complaining about the mid week games.

Even in Europe other games from other competitons ie league cups and CL are played during mid week.

prizby
02-04-2010, 01:22 PM
where in the mls schedule is their space for sat games?

deltox
02-04-2010, 01:23 PM
i like that we can hoist the trophy at home!

SmokedPanda
02-04-2010, 01:24 PM
In terms of scheduling with other MLS matches, the first match follows a home match, the third match in Vancouver follows an away game to LA and the fourth match adds an extra home game to our huge home stand in July.

Only the second match, where we have a home game, then an away at Montreal, then away at LA, is the only one that causes any significantly increased travel. Not too bad.

if they stay out west after the Galaxy game on the 15th and not go back to Toronto then they would be used to west coast time and be better rested for the whitecap game on the 19th

Blizzard
02-04-2010, 01:25 PM

Even in Europe other games from other competitons ie league cups and CL are played during mid week.

Absolutely true but the Saturday, July 1 v Vancouver two years ago was magical even if the result was not.

London
02-04-2010, 01:26 PM

because it is hard to travel to montreal during a workweek, and for me , it is a nightmare to get to the stadium for weekday games.

yes i know about vacation days

Oldtimer

True.

DavydMT
^^ we are not in Europe, give us some weekend game so people can travel.

JuliquE
02-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Thought the stream interference was on my end, alone.

I suppose we can look forward to clips sprouting up on the site, shortly after they've concluded.

Didn't this happen last time (or during some one of the Nutrilite pressers, past)?!

Blizzard
02-04-2010, 01:29 PM

How many free weekends outside of the MLS schedule do we have early this season?

Lucky Strike
02-04-2010, 01:35 PM
if they stay out west after the Galaxy game on the 15th and not go back to Toronto then they would be used to west coast time and be better rested for the whitecap game on the 19th

Precisely what I was getting at - you made me realize I didn't say it explicitly. :D

jenkinsm
02-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Seems like the league is against us...they'd get five times the TFC fans at the Montreal game if it was on a Thursday.

Yagbod
02-04-2010, 01:41 PM
TFC has 9 games now between Apr 28 and Jun 2, basically a month and a couple of days time span and 9 games to play. They are going to be whipped by the end of that stretch.

And then they play 3 days later again. So 10 games in 5.5 weeks basically. ouch

ilikemusic
02-04-2010, 01:46 PM

Exactly. We are not in Europe. So you shoudnt expect to travel to away games very often.

I love weekday games! :scarf:

Blizzard
02-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Seems like the league is against us...they'd get five times the TFC fans at the Montreal game if it was on a Thursday.

I'm sure Sportsnet had a lot to do with making sure all games were Wednesdays. It makes sense. It's like a series. Hopefully hook people in for every week.

.... and why in God's name would Montreal what more TFC fans at Le Stade du Fromage anyway? The less of us there, the happier they would be.

They'd ban us all if they could.

Fort York Redcoat
02-04-2010, 01:47 PM
I like the fact that people want to see these games on the weekend and travel but only if they don't care about league games moving to midweek.

I'm of the camp that these games are important enough to miss work for but I understand that opinion hasn't exactly caught wildfire yet.

billyfly
02-04-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm still going to try MTL on the Wed. Most probably at the cost of Boston.

Whoop
02-04-2010, 01:59 PM
How many free weekends outside of the MLS schedule do we have early this season?

Yeah, this year wouldn't work because of the compressed schedule though apparently it was close to getting of the Montreal-Toronto matches on a Saturday.

That would have been awesome.

Whoop
02-04-2010, 02:00 PM

CL final is on a Saturday this year.

Something about capturing a larger audience. LOL

Whoop
02-04-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm still going to try MTL on the Wed. Most probably at the cost of Boston.

Me too.

Though I can't go to Boston on account of other obligations.

Bloor West FC
02-04-2010, 02:04 PM
I cant make any Weekday games! FU*K!!!!! Home or away FU*K SATURDAY NIGHT!!!! WHATS WRONG WITH SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!!!

jenkinsm
02-04-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm sure Sportsnet had a lot to do with making sure all games were Wednesdays. It makes sense. It's like a series. Hopefully hook people in for every week.

.... and why in God's name would Montreal what more TFC fans at Le Stade du Fromage anyway? The less of us there, the happier they would be.

They'd ban us all if they could.

I agree with the first point. Second point...as long as there is no violence...why wouldn't they want fans there? It makes it more exciting. And of course the added bonus would be for revenue. Lets face it...they probably made more off the TFC fans that one game last year than they did all season. (obviously a stretch).

I'm sure they didn't consider the travelling fans for a moment when they were putting the schedule together. It's probably more to space the games out as best they could during an already crammed schedule...and like you said, to maximize viewership with the network.

And yes...i'll still be going to Montreal, regardless. Work schmerk!

Carts
02-04-2010, 02:45 PM
CL final is on a Saturday this year.

Something about capturing a larger audience. LOL

CL Final was moved to Saturday because of World Wide pressure from Disney Co. (aka ABC / ESPN)...

Last year, for the first time ever, the CL Final had a larger world wide audience than the SuperBowl...

Before all the footy fans freak out, yes, that is the first time ever the CL final had a larger world wide audience than the SuperBowl...

However, now that it has infact tipped the scales UEFA has agreed with Disney (aka ESPN World Wide Productions) to have the CL on a Saturday and see if they can build on that even further...

Just think, 206-million people watched the CL Final - with it being at a tough time for the entire Western World...

The thought of the TV numbers now that it is on a Saturday is huge (and that means advertisers and investors $$$ are thinking big)...

Many may scoff at this, many will say its "not how it should be", but this in fact is a sign of Football (soccer) becoming more and more popular in America...

It might take some getting used to - but this is a good thing...

Carts...

SilverSamurai
02-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Prob don't want most of the stadium in TFC red ;)

CL Final was moved to Saturday because of World Wide pressure from Disney Co. (aka ABC / ESPN)...

Last year, for the first time ever, the CL Final had a larger world wide audience than the SuperBowl...

Before all the footy fans freak out, yes, that is the first time ever the CL final had a larger world wide audience than the SuperBowl...

However, now that it has infact tipped the scales UEFA has agreed with Disney (aka ESPN World Wide Productions) to have the CL on a Saturday and see if they can build on that even further...

Just think, 206-million people watched the CL Final - with it being at a tough time for the entire Western World...

The thought of the TV numbers now that it is on a Saturday is huge (and that means advertisers and investors $$$ are thinking big)...

Many may scoff at this, many will say its "not how it should be", but this in fact is a sign of Football (soccer) becoming more and more popular in America...

Carts...
For a sec I was hoping you meant CCL and not the UEFA CL. lol
I can dream, can't I?:drum:

Whoop
02-04-2010, 03:01 PM

Carts...

I understand. It's purely for selfish reasons.

With hockey playoffs going on Saturday nights, the CCL would get lost in all of it.

rocker
02-04-2010, 03:01 PM
I cant make any Weekday games! FU*K!!!!! Home or away FU*K SATURDAY NIGHT!!!! WHATS WRONG WITH SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!!!

no room in the schedule.

most league games are on saturdays.

remember that the first incarnation of the tournament was later in the season. last year it wasn't -- concacaf needed the tourney decided by an earlier date so that they could have the play-in games.

Redcoe15
02-04-2010, 03:26 PM
This is as good as it gets, AFAIC. It's always going to be difficult to schedule any of these dates on the weekend because of MLS games played then. What this does is give the tournament a consistent flow that will keep interest going for Canadian soccer fans. And having all games on one network - Rogers Sportsnet - also aids in the flow of interest.

In the end, I'm so looking forward to the tournament. :scarf:

pekduck
02-04-2010, 03:29 PM
just saying...

it's been 2 seasons with midweek CCL games already...

both time we brought hundreds to montreal

Gobi
02-04-2010, 03:42 PM
10 games in 6 weeks (end of April to beginning of June).
Wow.

TFC Cityboy
02-04-2010, 03:51 PM
schedule's out, excitement growing, Chelsea dagger on the radio- I can smell the new season!

Sab0tage
02-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Terrible timing for Montreal away for me, as I would have just gotten back to school in Halifax. Might consider flying in via Porter, though.

SteeltownBhoy
02-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Did anybody watch watch the highlight of the press conference. OMG Preki looked like he was ready rip balls off of reporters. The body language was amazing. Maybe it wasn't good practise today. Don't think he wanted to be there!!

rocker
02-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Did anybody watch watch the highlight of the press conference. OMG Preki looked like he was ready rip balls off of reporters. The body language was amazing. Maybe it wasn't good practise today. Don't think he wanted to be there!!

here was preki after

http://nerdbastards.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/machinegun.jpg

Jeff s
02-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Meh its okay. When Vancouver and Montreal enter the MLS, those games will be on sat or sun anyways.

uncle p
02-04-2010, 08:13 PM
MTL away on a wed night comes as no surprise. It just sucks that our three best road trip options are on weeknights.

When/If MTL join MLS our first league game there will be one extra home match for the boys, you'd be stupid to miss it!!!

Dirk Diggler
02-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Meh its okay. When Vancouver and Montreal enter the MLS, those games will be on sat or sun anyways.

Has this been confirmed?

devioustrevor
02-04-2010, 10:43 PM
I was in Montreal last year, and I fully intend on being there this year.

Super
02-04-2010, 11:31 PM
I was in Montreal last year, and I fully intend on being there this year.

Yes, me too. We're driving down and back the same day. Definitely my favourite way of roadtripping.

Cashcleaner
02-04-2010, 11:41 PM

You may note that we don't live and work in Europe.

This is crap, but I guess I saw it coming. I know that the MLS/USL/NASL schedules take precedence, but surely they could have fit a few matches in on a Friday. The trip to Montreal is going to be a lot harder to justify now that I need to take two days off for it. If we were playing on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, you bet your ass we'd be seeing loads more people coming out to the games. I think the club knows all that so I doubt they are all that happy with this either. Its just a general all-around shitty situation, really.

Ah well, perhaps next year they can throw us loyal supporters a bone.

Super
02-05-2010, 12:43 AM
You may note that we don't live and work in Europe.

This is crap, but I guess I saw it coming. I know that the MLS/USL/NASL schedules take precedence, but surely they could have fit a few matches in on a Friday. The trip to Montreal is going to be a lot harder to justify now that I need to take two days off for it. If we were playing on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, you bet your ass we'd be seeing loads more people coming out to the games. I think the club knows all that so I doubt they are all that happy with this either. Its just a general all-around shitty situation, really.

Ah well, perhaps next year they can throw us loyal supporters a bone.

I don't really see a problem here. Most people are able to take a single day off work - and at the end of the day no more is needed for an away game 6 hours away from home. If you return immediately after the game, and are okay with a few hours of sleep, you'd be good to go to work the next day. That's what I'm going to do. It's just one work day out of the whole year. It's Montreal - we should be there for that one, all of us!

Cashcleaner
02-05-2010, 12:48 AM
I don't really see a problem here. Most people are able to take a single day off work - and at the end of the day no more is needed for an away game 6 hours away from home. If you return immediately after the game, and are okay with a few hours of sleep, you'd be good to go to work the next day. That's what I'm going to do. It's just one work day out of the whole year. It's Montreal - we should be there for that one, all of us!

I'm going to try my best, but the date really does throw a monkey wrench into the plans, and I think the same goes for many others. Ah well, I'll just have to make do with less drinking, eating, and whoring.

Oldtimer
02-05-2010, 08:15 AM
They did the schedule to avoid a situation like Montreal last year, where Montreal put out a "B" team. By scheduling it midweek, the chance of conflict is almost eliminated.

Huyton
02-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Any chance of a bus or two being organized for the game in Montreal?

Yagbod
02-06-2010, 12:46 AM
What was up with Precki at the presser? He was giggling and generally looked like he thought it was a joke. I kind of agree with him, the scarf thing was a bit forced. Still, he seemed a bit too light-hearted about it all.